Your First "Next Gen" Trade-in?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Telekill (4235 posts) -

I know some of you don't trade games, I know I don't often, but today I traded in my first PS4 game to Game stop. They were having a deal on next gen trade-ins giving a total of $30 credit.

I traded in Battlefield 4. I bought it to play with a buddy that's really into it and I just didn't have much fun.

Counting WiiU, PS4 and X1... what has been or do you anticipate being your first next gen trade-in?

#2 Edited by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

Nothing all gen.

#3 Posted by clyde46 (43685 posts) -

My first trade in will be KZ4.

#4 Edited by freedomfreak (38278 posts) -

I even regret trading in Bullet Witch.

Ah, man. I miss you, Bullet Witch. You were so shitty, but I liked seeing you in my collection.
freedom.... isn't... free :sados:

#5 Posted by ParisHilton1Fan (1071 posts) -

Dead Rising 3. I was smart though and returned it to Amazon for a refund instead of trading it in.

#6 Edited by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

Xbox One

#7 Posted by Ghost120x (3653 posts) -

I don't trade in games but I might return both of my unopened ps4 games because I can't find a damn console anywhere. Thinking about getting an xbox One because it doesn't matter to me either way.

#8 Edited by jukev2424 (243 posts) -

Traded in Killzone because didn't like it. Loved Need for speed but traded it in after i beat it.

#9 Posted by clr84651 (5285 posts) -

Your topic title is wrong. PS4 is current gen, not next gen.

#10 Posted by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

craigslist count? sold bf4 last week, sold nfs early dec, currently trying to sell dr3

#11 Posted by TwistedShade (3127 posts) -

Haven't traded anything in yet, but I might trade in Need for Speed Rivals for Xbox One just because I bought it during a Bestbuy promotion and haven't played it yet. Don't think I will either at this rate.

#12 Posted by Animal-Mother (26231 posts) -

@Telekill said:

I know some of you don't trade games, I know I don't often, but today I traded in my first PS4 game to Game stop. They were having a deal on next gen trade-ins giving a total of $30 credit.

I traded in Battlefield 4. I bought it to play with a buddy that's really into it and I just didn't have much fun.

Counting WiiU, PS4 and X1... what has been or do you anticipate being your first next gen trade-in?

I normally don't i got madden from a B2G1 so I traded it in for lego marvel heroes which is superb

#13 Edited by sailor232 (4277 posts) -

Don't usually trade in games, I did trade in 23 ps3 games and put that towards getting my WiiU a year ago.

#14 Posted by Basinboy (10930 posts) -

Traded in Knack and CoD: Ghosts each for $40

Got both as promos from Amazon, never even played Knack

#15 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3022 posts) -

I don't trade in games but I might return both of my unopened ps4 games because I can't find a damn console anywhere. Thinking about getting an xbox One because it doesn't matter to me either way.

Legit thought, I wonder how many people do this. I'm not trying to be a fanboy, but I wonder how many people were just wanting a new console and slightly preferred the PS4, but due to no stock they opted for the one. Maybe vise versa as well.

#16 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3022 posts) -

For me, I made the big mistake of buying BF4 and KSF digitally, so I screwed myself there. I haven't played much assassins creed or need for speed. So really I might trade those 2 in. Wish I could ditch BF4, so mad I spent $60 on that mess.

#17 Posted by TheEroica (13078 posts) -

Not a single game will be traded in all generation... I'd rather give a game to a friend than trade it in. I think it's a perfectly fine way to make some scratch for a new release (if it wasnt highway robbery, second only to college textbooks) but it's not my cup of tea. I like to keep my stuff.

#18 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3022 posts) -

Not a single game will be traded in all generation... I'd rather give a game to a friend than trade it in. I think it's a perfectly fine way to make some scratch for a new release (if it wasnt highway robbery, second only to college textbooks) but it's not my cup of tea. I like to keep my stuff.

It really is. You buy a game $60 brand new, hate it and trade it in tomorrow for $4 and Gamestop flips it for $55

#19 Posted by TheEroica (13078 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

@TheEroica said:

It really is. You buy a game $60 brand new, hate it and trade it in tomorrow for $4 and Gamestop flips it for $55

exactly... There are ways of making quite a bit of money back if you do things through Ebay or Craigslist etc, but that takes a little effort. :P

#20 Posted by remaGloohcSdlO (4152 posts) -

Mine was NFS: Rivals (XB1).

I liked it ok, but once I got Forza I didn't need it.

If you play your cards right on specials, bonuses, and coupons... Trading can be ok, not great, but ok.

#21 Edited by JuanGrande386 (1111 posts) -

Traded NBA 2K14 to Amazon for $29.61 plus $20 to their PSN digital store. Pretty good for my "free" game from November when they had Buy 2 Get 1 on PS4 games!

#22 Posted by osirisx3 (1711 posts) -

zombi u and epic Micky. other then wii u i am an oppressed pc gamer who cant trade in games

#23 Posted by mkeyou (988 posts) -

traded in killzone at best buy for 42 dollars. Felt so good

#24 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

I traded battlefield 4 for knack

Much better game

#25 Posted by millerlight89 (18338 posts) -

I collect games, it defeats the purpose.

#26 Posted by Zassimick (6164 posts) -

Sold off Killzone: Shadow Fall. I wanted a fun game to introduce me to the PS4, and it served its purpose. I had no emotional attachment to it and I would have been tempted to give it away some other time, so it just made sense.

I'm trying to be smarter about my purchases this gen though, so fewer purchased games means making sure I want the game, equaling that I will sell less.

#27 Edited by PAL360 (26581 posts) -

I traded in Shadow Fall (after beat it) for Black Flag.

#28 Posted by _Matt_ (8793 posts) -

I don't usually like trading in games, but I may make an exception for Call of Duty: Ghosts on PS4.

Awful game, shitty campaign, broken inbalanced multiplayer, with encouraged camping...

Only thing I genuinely liked about it was Extinction mode, which I love.

#29 Posted by getyeryayasout (6913 posts) -

I'm nearly finished with the SP campaign on my PS4 copy of AC4 and doubt I'll go back to it once I'm done with it, so that I suppose.

#30 Edited by sukraj (21641 posts) -

I don't trade in games.

#31 Posted by beerm_basic (2481 posts) -

None yet but dont trade in usually

#32 Posted by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

I told myself I would not trade in games this gen unless I had it for another system. (I have Battlefield 4 on XBONE and PS4). But Killzone Shadowfall is pushing it. Game is shit. As soon as SPOILER:You get to the level where you hop from train to train the game goes from decent to poor......and it isn't getting better. Probably get rid of the PS4 version of BF4 since it is more broken than the still broken XBONE version.

#33 Posted by silversix_ (13661 posts) -

Gave my BF4/ps4 for $40. Now my system haz zero gamez.

#34 Edited by goatcheese11 (90 posts) -

Traded in my Killzone Shawdowfall with the quickness.

#35 Edited by Maddie_Larkin (6184 posts) -

None, I find Trading in increddibly harmful in the scale it is at nowadays, and how it is set up to replace new games sales, so I simply do not participate in something like that

(Trading between people I care less about or selling directly to someone else).

That said, I do not even have that many games from this gen yet, let alone spent enough time with them.

#36 Posted by insanegame377 (332 posts) -

I'm sticking with my PS3 for a few months yet, but I'll continue to trade in games as long as I'm satisfied with the price I'm being offered. I don't see the point in letting a game you don't play sit and collect dust when you can sell it or put it towards a different game.

#37 Edited by blamix99 (1545 posts) -

CoD Ghost for Battlefield 4

#38 Edited by cainetao11 (15952 posts) -

ZombieU in early 2013

#39 Edited by stuff238 (610 posts) -

Nothing yet. I have been gaming for a long time so I know what I like and what I don't like so I usually don't buy bad games in the first place.

#40 Edited by remiks00 (1539 posts) -

@timbers_WSU said:

I told myself I would not trade in games this gen unless I had it for another system. (I have Battlefield 4 on XBONE and PS4). But Killzone Shadowfall is pushing it. Game is shit. As soon as SPOILER:You get to the level where you hop from train to train the game goes from decent to poor......and it isn't getting better. Probably get rid of the PS4 version of BF4 since it is more broken than the still broken XBONE version.

Yeah, I was done with Killzone: SF when I realized the multiplayer has NO voice chat.

#41 Edited by sora16perfect (707 posts) -

My first trade in will most likely be 2k14. God this game sucks. Running into even more issues than in last years game.

#42 Posted by donalbane (16147 posts) -

I've gone entirely digital, so no trade ins for me ever again. Which is fine by me... though I'm sure GameStop is sad.

#43 Edited by rosko123 (500 posts) -

I practically never trade in games but probably of the 3 PS4 launch titles I got (fifa, killzone & cod) I would get rid of killzone. It looks great, it's kinda fun but has little to no replay value. Whereas the other 2 while nothing new keep me coming back and are tiding me over until infamous.

#44 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2656 posts) -

I sold my wii u for 400 and I don't regret it the price dropped at the end of the year and nobody wants them.

#45 Posted by mrintro (1354 posts) -

Wii U - sold Super Mario 3D World after completing it. To the people who said you can't make much money selling it. I lost about $14, that's it... (paid $55)

#46 Edited by cain006 (8625 posts) -

@mrintro said:

Wii U - sold Super Mario 3D World after completing it. To the people who said you can't make much money selling it. I lost about $14, that's it... (paid $55)

I regret trading in SMG1 so much. I've wanted to replay it like three seperate times, although I did get $25 I think for it.