Your favorite video game moment of all time?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

For me, it's when I realized, at the age of 13/14, that I had to switch controller ports to defeat Psycho Mantis in Meta Gear Solid. It was genius. I still think the MGS series hasn't been as good ever since.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Resident Evil 4: The part in between hitting the start button and when the credits ended(because even the mother fucking credits were good in that game).

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#3  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

This happened when I was very little, and I was playing A Link to the Past for the first time. And as I was on Death Mountain, making my way to Turtle Rock, and the Death Mountain theme played in the background, I was transported into the world of the game, and I was suddenly Link, on an epic quest to save Hyrule from Ganon, putting my life on the line against an uminaginable evil.

No game has ever quite made me feel that way since.

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@mrintro: Two:

When I flipped the score in River Raid (Atari 2600), and in Halo 2 when I jumped off the 1st bridge on to the Scarab (you are not prompted to do it there, and the Halo theme kicked in).

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

the winter chapter - the last of us

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Hard to say; my favorite moments have more to do with the people that I was playing the games with at the time rather than the games themselves. I guess if I had to pick something more recently, Panzer Dragoon Saga's fourth wall breaking ending did put a grin on my face.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

GTA San Andreas. Rocket pack and mini gun, taking over gang territories.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#9 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Pretty much the entirety of Vanilla WoW.

The week-long Alterac Valley battles, world PvP (bosses), 40 man raiding. The dedication that game took (at one point in its life) made every single thing you do feel epic. Your first 5 man dungeon (especially as the tank or healer), saving for a mount, crafting weapons like the Arcanite Reaper, hitting level 60, epic quests, killing Ragnaros, defeating a rival guild in Warsong.

So effing good!!! And that game was beautifully designed (though much more so in The Burning Crusade). It's a shame that I can never return to it (given that it's an MMO and has moved on since TBC), but I wouldn't trade the time I spent playing that game for anything, and I think I spent upwards of 300 days in-game. My only regret is I didn't start playing sooner.

The game is a mess nowadays though.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

@drekula2 said:

the winter chapter - the last of us

I am guessing you just started playing video games.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

just one of many but in saints row one i was running from a gang pursuit and they rear ended me, the guy flew through the window and landed in my trunk where he flopped about left and right for the remainder of the chase.

at the end they had almost caught me when the body flopped out of the trunk landed under the wheels of the pursuing car spun that car into another car and i got away.

that's when i knew saints row was the real deal and worth a franchise and not just another throwaway low quality gta wannabe.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts
  • Seeing the MC unlock his power in Persona 4 Golden
  • Winter lvl of TLOU
  • First 20 min of TLOU (after that I knew I was in a ride...after I got my emotions back together)
  • The first 10 min of ME2 (was like wut the hell)
  • Seeing Rapture for the first time in Bioshock
  • Punching a Titan in Titanfall and ripping out the pilot
  • Taking in the scenery in Skyrim after you complete the first dungeon
  • Getting my relic weapon on my PLD in FF14 ARR
  • Getting my first piece of AF (gloves) on my RDM in FF11
  • Downing Ragnaros in WoW when he was the endgame boss back in the day

I have a lot of fav moments :3

big_mak523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 big_mak523
Member since 2011 • 210 Posts

Hm, the ending of Kingdom Hearts 1 really sticks out.

Outside of that is probably the first time I did an X-Slash in Chrono Trigger...

Or you can choose any cutscene from Xenoblade and throw it in here...

OR sailing the ocean in Wind Waker with that Godly music in the background... Wow video games have some pretty good moments haha!

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

For me it was a old NES game called StarTropics, it had some odd new thing to do for progress in the game, this is from wikipedia im to lazy type myself:P

"A unique aspect of StarTropics was a saga involving a piece of paper, resembling parchment, that came packaged with the game. Written on it was a letter from Dr. Jones addressed to Mike, asking him to visit him at his laboratory on C-Island. It was as if the actual player had intercepted the message and was being invited indirectly to play the game. In later parts of the game, Mike receives an enigmatic message from his uncle through a third party:

"Evil aliens from a distant planet...." "Tell Mike to dip my letter in water...."

Even for a player who owned an original copy and thus, was more likely to have the letter, it was unusual for an NES game to refer to a physical object that would otherwise just be a novelty (although Infocom games had been doing this for some time, with the "Feelies" that they included with their games).This prompted the player to think that Dr. Jones might be referring to an object within the game. To add to the confusion of the puzzle, putting this paper under water might damage it. Regardless, the correct course of action was to dip the physical piece of paper in water. It revealed a secret message from Dr. Jones and the number "747" that must be used in the game in order to advance.

Since many rental stores and used video game retailers often do not have game boxes or manuals, it is difficult to find a copy of StarTropics with the original letter, requiring the use of game manuals or walkthroughs to complete this part of the game. Game magazine Nintendo Power was asked this question often enough that they published the "747" code as part of their "Counselor's Corner" soon after their article of the game. After completing the game a slideshow of events from the game is shown, including the letter being dipped in water and the number "747" visible on it."

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:
  • Seeing the MC unlock his power in Persona 4 Golden
  • Winter lvl of TLOU
  • First 20 min of TLOU (after that I knew I was in a ride...after I got my emotions back together)
  • The first 10 min of ME2 (was like wut the hell)
  • Seeing Rapture for the first time in Bioshock
  • Punching a Titan in Titanfall and ripping out the pilot
  • Taking in the scenery in Skyrim after you complete the first dungeon
  • Getting my relic weapon on my PLD in FF14 ARR
  • Getting my first piece of AF (gloves) on my RDM in FF11
  • Downing Ragnaros in WoW when he was the endgame boss back in the day

I have a lot of fav moments :3

Skyrim, I totally understand that feeling!

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Fighting Colossus no.3 in SotC. The first 2 were awesome but no.3 was just so damn tall I wondered how I was ever gonna beat him

The End boss fight in MGS3. I had never played such an un traditional boss fight before that was so satisfying

Dark Souls. Going in a GIANT circle thinking I was lost and then realising I was back at Firelink.

The first 30 minutes or so of God of War 3 are also incredibly well paced

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

Taking our PC's to a mates house for Command and Conquer LAN parties

Clan matches in RTCW

40 man raids in WoW, the sense of achievement the first time we cleared Molten Core was awesome. That also reminds me of amazing battles in Alterac Valley, they really got that battle ground bang on and then proceeded to ruin it (or the player base ruined it)

Formation Napalm bombing in Battlefield Vietnam with a couple of mates

Recently, I thoroughly enjoyed taking a fort in Assassin's Creed IV, at the same time as fighting off two Frigates, during a storm, dodging water spouts and rogue waves. It wasn't hard but was great fun and my 6 year old twins loved watching every moment of it :)

I'll leave it at that, I could ramble on for pages here.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

My friends, I feel Homeworld (everyone including 2) are prime example of how to make a cinematic game. Very much like taking part in an epic sci-fi movie.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@uninspiredcup said:

My friends, I feel Homeworld (everyone including 2) are prime example of how to make a cinematic game. Very much like taking part in an epic sci-fi movie.

Loading Video...

did you know gearbox software plan to do a 'proper' remaster of these homeworld games?

http://segmentnext.com/2013/07/22/gearbox-remastering-homeworld-1-and-2/

none of this half-ass voodoo 1 shit. we're talking voodoo 2 sli level dommynashun. my friend this will be excellent for young people, the pretty colors of today combined with great gameplay long since departed.

CyberLips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 1

#21 CyberLips
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts
  1. Pretty much the entire Fallout 3 game but mostly when you get out of the vault and see the wasteland for the first time. You can hear the breeze and you imagine all the adventures you will have. Still gives me chills.
  2. In Fallout: New Vegas when i entered New Vegas for the first time.
  3. In Demon's Souls when i beat my first boss.
  4. In Bioshock: Infinite, the "Hallelujah" moment after the rocket launches you to Columbia.
  5. In every Pokemon game, when i get to pick my starter.
  6. In Kingdom Hearts 2 when i beat Sephiroth.

There are probably more i forgot to mention.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

Resident Evil 4: The part in between hitting the start button and when the credits ended(because even the mother fucking credits were good in that game).

Resident Evil 4, back when crapcom was good, and didn't used to screw up everything they touch.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

@JustSignedUp said:

signing up for xbox live back on the xbox 1 and joining a ranked big team battle match 8 vs 8 capture the flag, clans, 1 - 50 rank system, best halo multiplayer maps ever in a halo game.. all while you sony pussies played your single player god of war and metal gear solid, LOOOOL!

I still mostly play single player ;)

I think one of my favorite moments in a videogame was getting to Luca in FFX. That was one of the first story based games I played and it felt like I was a part of the world or something. It's hard to describe, I was actually just thinking about that earlier. That game had so many memorable parts.