Your Daily NX Rumour has arrived - Grab Salted Popcorn! (Updated)

• 103 results
hanman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hanman9
Member since 2005 • 410 Posts

I stumbled across a New user on Reddit called 'desmotor' - claims to be another Nintendo employee from NOA marketing. So i couldn't resist asking some questions. The threads are quite recent so if you enjoy the rumormill, i encourage you to jump on the bandwagon.

Here are some highlights from what he has said already:

- Says previous leaker/colleague was embarrassingly fired.

- His colleagues know he is leaking stuff but Nintendo won't find out who he is. He won't take the risk like Trevelyan's source by proving his validity to the internet. He is doing for the 'fun and told you so factor'. Apparently Nintendo doesn't treat him well considering what he does, and things have gotten worse since the Trevelyan leak (a.k.a. SupermetalDave64), and he has no respect for them. Those leaks are the only ones which have been legit btw.

So, first off,

A media event will be announced in mid April. Event in late April after Starfox Zero Launches.

And... here we go again guys,

- 'Nintendo Reach' a.k.a. NX will be a staggered launch with console holiday 2016 and handheld mid 2017. Comes with a standard controller similar to the Pro.

"This is the name of Nintendo's new console - From what I have seen the logo is stylized in a variety of ways - One of them is stylized in a 90's Nintendo fashion and the other in a Wii/DS style -The marketing is split between hardcore gamers and Casuals."

- Is not backward compatible with Wii U but games will be ported to NX through a Reach setting and Wii U setting.

- The OS is one and the same for the console and held, sort of like Google chrome being used on different devices. Some games are shared.

- Is cartridge based, similar in size to 3DS carts, but more rectangular. Carts that can be used on both devices and have red and blue markers. Carts only on console have a blue marker and handheld only carts have the red marker.

- Handheld is about the size of the bottom screen of a 3DS XL with a freeform display which will be marketed as "The full immersion" display. it has some form of head tracking.

- Only major things online being pushed in regards to online are Voice chat, cloud saves and My nintendo missions.

- It lies in between The XBONE and PS4. Powerful and affordable.

NX will be launching with flagship titles The Legend of Zelda - The Fields of Dawn & a new 3D Mario dubbed Mario Underground (title TBD)

"Takes place in Truffle Kingdom underneath our familiar setting -You can explore this Kingdom to discover "Tunnels" to levels and "Gem" coins -it has all the Mario world's we have come to know and love but with a subterranean twist to each - A new Crystal Power up which lets Mario turn into a drill to tunnel around and for him to shoot projectiles -This is probably the most Story centric mainline game yet with the familiar crew meeting their Truffle Kingdom counter parts. -Bowser is playable. - "A graphic I saw showed a cross section of the Mushroom Kingdom then subworld then the Truffle kingdom."

Also,

- A new Animal Crossing is in the works.

- Retro Studios is making a 2017 holiday title dubbed Nintendo's All Stars (title TBD) and is an action RPG.

Well, what do you reckon SW? Worth a discussion providing that plenty of the old Sodium Chloride is at hand!

He has a few threads on the go so here's the forum link (on my phone btw so somebody could fix the link if the want).

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/More info:

UPDATE:

- What Kimishima said about it being a totally new experience was a load of crap. NX is pretty traditional apart from the carts and handheld console interaction.

- Split marketing - casual (handheld) and core (console and console+handheld)

- Reach setting adjust the game to be able to play without the gamepad, Wii U setting requires the game pad and plays like a normal Wii U game.

Will ship with controller, console and 5 virtual console games, there is also a bundle that comes with 'MiiWare.'

- Scrollable wheels and haptic analogue are used for Drilling with the crystal power up in Super Mario UNDERGROUND and power up switching.

- Doesn't know what architecture is being used.

- No info on SCD

UPDATE 2:

- Ubisoft's, EA's and Activision's yearly titles aimed for Launch.

- Console @ $350.

- Handheld Launches in the Spring of 2017 @ $199.

- High Budget and Retro styled ad campaign, using red and blue as color themes. No gimmick advertised in relation to the console.

- Handheld graphics described as 'jaggy Wii U games'

UPDATE 3:

He only seems to be be answering PM's at the moment, so i asked him to clarify a few things and here are the answers he gave:

- Mario is sort of like octo valley from splatoon just expanded.

- All stars is very amiibo heavy but you can buy characters for around 5 bucks.

- Virtual console is being heavily marketed.

- Reggie hosts the NX media event a sneak peek of Mario and Zelda will be shown there.

- E3 is a conference with prerecorded footage being filmed in a couple of days.

- Nintendo and I think this thing will do well and probably surpass xbone.

If you have any questions that haven't already been answered i can try to get them answered via PM... bear in mind he says he's in marketing so he doesn't know specifics about power etc.

UPDATE 4:

I must've missed this but I asked what the NX handheld was called a couple of days ago and didn't notice his PM reply:

'Nintendo Limit'

Also, it sounds like ports will be limited to the Reach setting until the handheld appears:

"The only huge negative thing about Reach is Wii U settings in the ports being locked behind the handheld...you need a handheld for Wii U setting."

I am asking for clarification on this.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Sounds like some juicy rumors.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

Where is the tl;dr?

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NotAFanboy
Member since 2015 • 573 Posts

"- It lies in between The XBONE and PS4. Powerful and affordable."

BWAHAHAHAHAHA...

I damn well told you so. Nintendo has no one on their team who can match Cerny. This console is releasing 3 years after the PS4 and the PS4 is still much more powerful. Cerny is the 21st century Isaac Newton. No one can beat him. The PS4 SoC is revolutionary. It has no bottlenecks and its vast computing power is affordable. Other companies have tried to match the PS4's power, but they had to use 500 acre server farms to do it. Incredible. Simply outstanding from SONY.

I hope Microsoft and Nintendo even get half as strong as the PS4 next gen.

koko-goal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 koko-goal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

Ouch.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#6 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

Ehh not gonna fall again and even if it's true meh just gonna wait for the real deal from Nintendo themselves.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

Sounds like another rumor I hope is false

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

"It lies between the PS4 and Xbox One. Powerful and affordable"

between PS4 and Xbox One

Powerful

Powerful

Powerful

It lies between the PS4 and Xbox One.

Powerful

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

I love carts but there won't be enough storage space. At least not enough being cost efficient.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

bullshit, they won't use carts for consoles, let alone ones the size of DS cartridges, no way

reason, the cost to produce games, that's why handheld games get such limited publishing support, and considering now there's pirating methods to buy carts with special micro-USB on the inside people use to put ROMs onto, which they've been using to pirate GBA, DS, 3DS games for years and years already, they could do the same thing here I imagine

oh, call such bullshit right there, if there was any reason to put a red flag on this rumor it's that

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

If true, sounds very promising.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46278 Posts

@notafanboy said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA...

I damn well told you so. Nintendo has no one on their team who can match Cerny. This console is releasing 3 years after the PS4 and the PS4 is still much more powerful. Cerny is the 21st century Isaac Newton. No one can beat him. The PS4 SoC is revolutionary. It has no bottlenecks and its vast computing power is affordable. Other companies have tried to match the PS4's power, but they had to use 500 acre server farms to do it. Incredible. Simply outstanding from SONY.

"I hope Microsoft and Nintendo even get half as strong as the PS4 next gen."

Wut ?

"Notafanboy"

Double wut ?

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@notafanboy: the difference between the x1 and ps4 in power is less than the average gpu upgrade. They are quite similar in power.

Ps4 power is compariable to a 7850/7870, there considered mid range gpus now at best.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@thehig1 said:

@notafanboy: the difference between the x1 and ps4 in power is less than the average gpu upgrade. They are quite similar in power.

Ps4 power is compariable to a 7850/7870, there considered mid range gpus now at best.

In 2016? They are considered low-end GPU's. They were mid-range in 2012.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

@Juub1990:

Plus one for Asterix and Obleix

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Nope.

If this is true, screw Nintendo and screw them permanently. It should be obvious what people want out of a console and if they are unwilling g to compete then I see no reason to buy an NX.

First, as has been said before, making a weaker console than the PS4 is utterly futile. Showing up this late in the game means that power matters even more. With Sony pulling in exclusives, the NX would need gorgeous games to set it apart in a dominated playing field.

Which brings me to point 2, and actually something I'm far more upset about than the power gap. Why is Nintendo splitting support between its consoles and it's handhelds? This is astronomically stupid in a day and age when mobile gaming is taking on water due to smart phones and tablets. Every developer in Nintendos studios who is putting in man-hours on a handheld-only game is just a self-inflicted wound on whatever future Nintendo hoped to have in home consoles.

I know this is just a rumor, but let's be real here, it has the smell of truth about it.. If but for no other reason than we know how tone-deaf Nintendo can be and has been since the success of the Wii. This is not a console vision worth abandoning the WiiU for. If they have not started producing this travesty yet, I'd strongly urge them to do an about face to NX and go back to the drawing board.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#17 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69451 Posts

@notafanboy said:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA...

And thats why I use the PS4 for rendering. Its more cost effective than a renderfarm. MS is still trying figure how Sony was able to pack the power of a renderfarm in such a small device.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#19 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

Sounds promising. We'll see.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Cartridge? cant be that big games then, or is it digital download console? if so its another reason to avoid this ...

hanman9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hanman9
Member since 2005 • 410 Posts

@Shewgenja: Let's be real though, it has to affordable to both core and casual alike. Besides, there's no confirmation on the actual performance, bearing in mind more modern chipsets and software optimisation will be probably easier, taking previous reports into account.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@koko-goal said:

Ouch.

if true, sad times indeed.

Avatar image for REVOLUTIONfreak
REVOLUTIONfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#23 REVOLUTIONfreak
Member since 2005 • 18418 Posts

"Fields of Dawn"? Eh, I say this is bogus. That's a title you could easily make up, given that all we've seen of the game is fields.

Move along.

Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#24  Edited By GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts

I hope the cartridge thing is true. If Nintendo has similar processing power to the other consoles then they will get all the multiplats they want while still having mass market appeal in terms of price. The edge of NX could be that with cartridges the system will load content much faster than the competition, more reliability, less power usage, and less problems in general associated with running a disc system. There have been huge advancements in non-disc media. On a small handheld-sized cartridge you could fit a lot more than on any type of disc now. Nintendo likely will have some standard cartridge that is roughly equal in space to rival game discs, but the size could be variable as well. A huge game could have a more expensive cartridge that dwarf the storage on a ps4 disc, and there could be very cheap ones as well for simple games.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

Three years later and you can't match the PS4? That's pitiful if true.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#26 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69451 Posts

If they take the cartridge route I am somewhat sold. This modern trend of long load times and installation is shitty and its time for us to go back to gaming immediately instead of your excitement being hampered by game installation.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By iandizion713

@GunSmith1_basic: I agree, i hope the cartridge thing is true also. Id be so happy if it were. I cant stand disc media, it such old tech.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

@GunSmith1_basic: Ya same would be great if the cartridge thing is true. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

Jesus....who bloody cares until we actually see something concrete

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sHaDyCuBe321
Member since 2003 • 5769 Posts

Sounds good but doubt it's true. Console launching with Mario AND Zelda would be epic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

The problem for Nintendo is that the thing is so mysterious because of the fact that virtually nothing has been revealed about it that people are expecting it to be much more powerful than the most powerful console on the market, the PS4. If NX is anything short of PS4 in this department, outrage will ensue.

At the very least the situation will likely revitalize the console war.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@hanman9: They could have made it appeal to casuals and core gamers by creating a single line between the home console and the handheld. The path they are taking this, if the rumor is true, double downed on wrong decisions.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321

I honestly think if it's less powerful than the PS4 it's to keep cost down and be able to compete with a competitive price point, not necessarily because that was their desire. A console more powerful than the bone with all the major 3rd party games, a new Mario and Zelda along with a $250 price tag for the holidays could sell really well.

Best part of the rumor is Retro as the Nintendo All Stars Action RPG developer.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By NotAFanboy

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

I honestly think if it's less powerful than the PS4 it's to keep cost down and be able to compete with a competitive price point, not necessarily because that was their desire. A console more powerful than the bone with all the major 3rd party games, a new Mario and Zelda along with a $250 price tag for the holidays could sell really well.

Best part of the rumor is Retro as the Nintendo All Stars Action RPG developer.

You're insane if you think they can hit a $250 price tag without taking significant losses. Nintendo is getting screwed in the ass by AMD because they're placing a lot less orders than both SONY and Microsoft. Nintendo knows the NX won't sell more than 25 mill LTD, so they can't get better prices from AMD. The PS4 SoC was also designed to be easy and simple and efficient by the genius Mark Cerny, so that'll further put the price in favor of SONY. The NX SoC probably costs upwards of $300 while the PS4 SoC costs no more than $25.

The NX is probably much weaker than the PS4 while also being a lot more expensive to manufacture. I suspect it to be near Xbone in power and have a $400-450 price tag. The PS 4.5 will destroy it.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 sHaDyCuBe321

@notafanboy: you're out of your mind if you think Nintendo will launch a console at $400.

And I like your claim that Nintendo knows the NX will sell at most 25 million. Especially when we know the NX is just the operating system for multiple platforms.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Nintendo massively overcharge for the Wii U, part of the reason that piece of junk sank almost immediately after release. If NX is less powerful than PS4 they will overcharge massively for that too no matter how shit it is. It's what they do. I can't help but think any Nintendo console which is even vaguely decent will cost the equivalent of a high end PC they have just lost the plot completely.

I am as curious as anyone as to what the NX really is but my hopes for it being anything worthwhile are pretty much zero. The best news I could ever hear from Nintendo is Xenoblade is now multi platform.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 NotAFanboy

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@notafanboy: you're out of your mind if you think Nintendo will launch a console at $400.

And I like your claim that Nintendo knows the NX will sell at most 25 million. Especially when we know the NX is just the operating system for multiple platforms.

It doesn't matter what Nintendo wants. What matters is what's possible for Nintendo.

I want to be able to have $100 billion and buy whatever the hell I want. Doesn't matter because it's not happening.

Likewise, Nintendo wants to be able to match the PS4's power at a low pricetag. Doesn't matter because it's not happening.

1) Nintendo loses out SIGNIFICANTLY in economies of scale. This isn't limited to just SoC orders from AMD. I'm talking about every material on the NX will be a lot more expensive to buy than comparable material on the PS4 due to Nintendo not being confident about NX LTD sales. SONY is getting gang-buster deals on their components. Hell, Samsung was willing to give SONY first dibs on their 512 mb GDDR5 modules for cheap just because of how well the PS4 is selling.

2) Because Nintendo doesn't have anyone as intelligent as Mark Cerny, the NX SoC is probably bigger, bulkier and a lot more complex (More expensive) with tons of bottlenecks than the PS4 SoC. See Xbone SoC for more details.

3) Putting a pricetag of $250 would mean Nintendo would be making a generational loss on the NX. It probably costs $400 to manufacture the NX. Taking a $150 loss from the start with the low software attachment rate on Nintendo consoles would be disastrous for their financials. $400 will be their pricetag. $450 is also possible.

Now stop with the fanboy attacks and start using logic.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By iandizion713

@blueinheaven: Xenoblade is already multiplat, you can play it on Wii, 3DS, and Wii U.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

@blueinheaven: Xenoblade is already multiplat, you can play it on Wii, 3DS, and Wii U.

The new one is only on Wii U and is the only reason I would consider buying a Wii U but it would have to be like 10 dollars for me to be tempted (the console, I'd pay full price for the game).

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By iandizion713

@blueinheaven: Yeah, not me, id pay $299 for the console just to play Xenoblade Chronicles X alone, that game is amazing.

sHaDyCuBe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By sHaDyCuBe321

@notafanboy: fanboy attacks?

Bro you just pulled numbers out of your ass. Why am I wasting time with a troll...

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By GunSmith1_basic

@notafanboy: I agree that $250 is not realistic considering inflation since the Wii days. I think the WiiU launched at more than that if I recall correctly. I suppose that Nintendo could afford to eat a loss considering they are still sitting on about $10 billion, but I doubt they would. I don't think you're right about Sony's supposed edge when it comes to components. You're also discounting the potential benefit Nintendo could have in having 3 years of hindsight when it comes to design, and in that time making the right deals to make a competitive product.

But whatever, even if you're right it doesn't change anything about Nintendo's motives if they are going with a middle of the pack console in terms of power. If they made a console that was more powerful than the ps4 then the cost would be that much higher so the logic for their choice would be the same either way.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NotAFanboy

@sHaDyCuBe321 said:

@notafanboy: fanboy attacks?

Bro you just pulled numbers out of your ass. Why am I wasting time with a troll...

I used my superior logic and business acumen to derive those numbers.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I'm not buying it. The guy seems to spend more time bashing Nintendo for firing the guy who leaked info to Trevelyan, and talking about how bad it is to work for them. I mean, I'm pretty sure Nintendo would be cracking down hardcore on the team that Trevelyan's leak came from, so someone else from that team leaking stuff doesn't seem very likely.

His "ask me questions" attitude make him seem fake because a lot of the time he just rewords said questions into answers, or uses other questions to back up his other ones. Like the part where someone asks him if their are any new IP's, he answers "Nintendo All Stars", then the same guy asks if Retro are working on anything, and he replies "Retro are working on All Stars", then someone else asked if this could be an Amiibo game, and he says yes. Seem like far too big a coincidence for both the responses to All Stars happen to be things he says are connected to All Stars..

TBH, I'm getting bored of this. I want to be excited for it, but all these leaks and rumors are just annoying me more than anything else. I think I'm done with these threads from now on. Call me when Nintendo has something to say.

NotAFanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NotAFanboy

@spike6958 said:

I'm not buying it. The guy seems to spend more time bashing Nintendo for firing the guy who leaked info to Trevelyan, and talking about how bad it is to work for them. I mean, I'm pretty sure Nintendo would be cracking down hardcore on the team that Trevelyan's leak came from, so someone else from that team leaking stuff doesn't seem very likely.

His "ask me questions" attitude make him seem fake because a lot of the time he just rewords said questions into answers, or uses other questions to back up his other ones. Like the part where someone asks him if their are any new IP's, he answers "Nintendo All Stars", then the same guy asks if Retro are working on anything, and he replies "Retro are working on All Stars", then someone else asked if this could be an Amiibo game, and he says yes. Seem like far too big a coincidence for both the responses to All Stars happen to be things he says are connected to All Stars..

TBH, I'm getting bored of this. I want to be excited for it, but all these leaks and rumors are just annoying me more than anything else. I think I'm done with these threads from now on. Call me when Nintendo has something to say.

Are you assblasted about the truth?

SONY is just unstoppable. Cerny is the 21st century Isaac Newton and no one that Nintendo hires will be able to measure up to Cerny's genius. Oh truth me, Nintendo employees have been working day and night trying to outdo Cerny's brilliant PS4 SoC, but there's nothing they can do. To this day, even Microsoft is still working on figuring out how Cerny engineering such a brilliant and perfect SoC.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#47 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@Juub1990: fair enough, it kind helps my point too.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48  Edited By spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

@notafanboy said:
@spike6958 said:

SONY is just unstoppable. Cerny is the 21st century Isaac Newton and no one that Nintendo hires will be able to measure up to Cerny's genius. Oh truth me, Nintendo employees have been working day and night trying to outdo Cerny's brilliant PS4 SoC, but there's nothing they can do. To this day, even Microsoft is still working on figuring out how Cerny engineering such a brilliant and perfect SoC.

I don't care about the NX's power level, I'm just sick of rumors and leaks. I'm done with it until Nintendo actually tells us what it is.

I also don't care about PS4 or Sony. I've owned a PS4 since launch and it's a generic, boring system with no games, and mine is nothing more than a $400 paper weight. Haven't turned it on in months. Cerny's work means nothing when the system has no games.

GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 GunSmith1_basic

@notafanboy: if you care about truth and intelligent discussion so much, why do you bring up

@notafanboy said:
@spike6958 said:

what you just posted doesn't address who you are quoting at all. He just doesn't believe all these rumours, since they just get proven false over and over. That's a totally reasonable opinion.

I don't even see why PS4 architecture would be such a huge issue in this thread. It's about the NX, not the PS4. I don't see how Nintendo couldn't bring the cost of the NX down anyway considering that even though the PS4 is the strongest console it is downright pathetic by PC standards even when it launched.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

@iandizion713 said:

The 3DS version aside, being able to play a Wii game on the Wii U does not make it a multiplatform title.