Your BEST and WORST E3 Moments

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

E3 is coming shortly, We sit around anticipating and wondering what the companies will show us, what games will they announce, it's an exciting time for gamers to get excited. Each E3 has it's fair share of Best and Worst moments each year, the moments where you're so psyched up and whatever was shown has you left in either awe telling all your friends or in disgust, and wondered what the hell went wrong. So what are your personal favourite moments from each E3? Best and Worst!

For me

Best:

The Kevin Butler Appearance and about true gamers, whether you love PS, Xbox, or Nintendo Kevin Butler taking the stage was pretty awesome, and seeing him there deliver a speech about all gamers was just amazing, I wanted to think of other moments such as the twilight princess or Halo 2 or SSBB reveal, but this was a good way to start and showed some great enthusiasm and got an amazing applause, Where the hell is Kevin Butler now? I have no fucking clue but I hope he returns.

Worst E3 Moment:

Sony, MS and Nintendo have all had blunders and I am sure as the thread goes on you will see, Sony's 2005 Gaf of "Riiiiidgeee Raceeerr and Giant Crabs" Will come to mind, MS "The Kid who got molested by kinectimals" or the Kinect "Bottom of a shoe BAM!!" But while those being bad this was the abosulte most creepy and weirdest press conference ever KONAMI, the Konami E3 was so bizarre it had mexican wrestlers hitting each other, a guy losing his head and these guys!

It was an enormous disaster, I can tell you watch the video and you will understand the pain, and how uncomfortable it was to sit through this garbage. It still baffles myself and others to this day at how astoundingly bad it was.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Kevin Butler was an epic character. Shame he had to play with a Wii and get fucked. Probably one of the best gaming marketing campaigns ever.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

My favorite part of E3? Never really thought of it. I guess it was Microsoft's epic stage presence last year concluding with Halo 5 and Titanfall.

As far as Kevin Butler, Sony sued him and he will never represent that company again.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58842 Posts

Personally, I think the catastrophic is the reason to watch E3. Millions of dollars in consumer research, people have spent years in Harvard, countless board room meetings and rehearsals and almost on Que, every year, dickheads in suits doing all the insincere hand gestures and posturing buzzwords ultimately it turns into a glorious disaster. It's wonderful.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

LOL, last year's E3 was pure comedy.

Loading Video...

And all the gifs it spawned, lmfao

Only E3 that came close was 599 US dollars and Riiiidgeee raaaccceeerrrrr

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

i have been watching e3 since around 05 and honestly the whole event is overrated. there have been some genuinely amazing moments though but most of the time its boring as sh%t. i think last e3 is the best i have ever seen in terms of drama and excitement.

jack slaying xbox has to go down as one of the greatest e3 moments of all time, i live in uk and was watching this at around 4am with a huge smile on my face. it was pure destruction, it was the moment i decided im going to be buying a ps4

Loading Video...

the kevin buttler skit was also pretty epic because sony conferences tend to be very boring, maybe they should cut the time down to 1 hour or something. also mr. caffine was CLASS, fu$k the haters

Loading Video...

and i never watched the konami conference live unfortunately but damn it is epic

Loading Video...

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Solid_Max13

@FoxbatAlpha: I just read about that, he was on a Bridgestone commercial and indirectly promoted the Wii and this got sued, tragic really as misterPmedia said he was awesome though the PS move was a waste but god butlers commercials were funny as hell!

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Never Been to E3 or watched the streams. I'm imune to Hype and Gimmicks. :p

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Don't forget this legend:

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Solid_Max13

@Suppaman100: lmfao wii music!!!! I remember people saying It looked like M Night Shamalayn or whatever I could honestly watch tha gif for hours lmao

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

The announcement of Twilight Princess was pretty awesome.

I also laughed when Miyamoto went to demo Skyward Sword and the controls didn't work.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Solid_Max13

@uninspiredcup: do you even play games? You made a rant about how the South Park game was selling out and some episodes of South Park that don't even exist, I honestly feel like your some pessimistic goth kid who just hates life

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#13 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58842 Posts

@Solid_Max13 said:

@uninspiredcup: do you even play games?

Awards have been won.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

Last gen was a good gen for E3's. Everyone, at some point, made complete fools of themselves, and that is awesome.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@Solid_Max13 said:

Where the hell is Kevin Butler now? I have no fucking clue but I hope he returns.

Well as Sony sued him that's probably not going to happen :P

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Best: Sony E3 06

Worst: MS E3 05

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Best: Konami E3 2010 (It's a masterpiece)

Worst: Nintendo E3 2008

Mixed bag: Sony getting a standing ovation last year for announcing they aren't doing anything. It was cool, but also a very sad commentary on the state of this industry.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Solid_Max13

@blue_hazy_basic: yea I should edit that as soon as I get onto a PC he promoted the wii so I guess we won't see his presence for a long time which is to bad he was a great character

DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19  Edited By DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

All the big 3 have had their disastrous E3's, so who knows which ones will disappoint next E3 (ideally none would). TBH I don't think any of the big 3 had a bad E3 last year though. Microsoft didn't really announce anything exciting to me personally though atleast their E3 presentation actually had something and wasn't a massive turd like their Xbone unveiling. Nintendo, on the other hand, did announce talked about stuff that interested me, though the only thing that got me close to excitement was seeing Megaman in Smash 4. Was overall okay with Nintendo's showing, but expected much more. Sony did the best last year for sure, though even then they were not perfect. I don't recall much attention being put on the PS Vita...

Will be interested to see this upcoming E3, and see if Sony can match the level of hype they did last time, and see how Microsoft and Nintendo react to their consoles getting beaten by the PS4 (or if they bother at all).

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Ravvi drums summed up the wii :p

Enjoyed ms failing and sony curb stomping the e3 just gone too.

Kuromino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

User Lists: 9

#21 Kuromino  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 1602 Posts

Best: E3 2010 as a whole was just awesome. Game Trailers had a video that highlighted some of the more embarrassing moments.

Worst: E3 2011, Ubisoft Conference. Mr. Caffeine. I apologize in advance for the cringe worthy video.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46194 Posts

Sure, Kevin Butler was great.

But the best moments were the focus on casual gaming (Kinect, Wii) and bad presentations. You can watch KB presentation once and laugh, and you can watch the bad moments like the Konami conference over and over and keep laughing.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#23  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Last years E3 moment was when Sony knocked MS the f""" out. price point, FF XV, Kingdom Hearts, etc. With the used games and no DRM aswell. When it comes to games it was Battlefront reveal last year. I flipped out when i saw that. I thought never i was going to see that.

Worst was the Wonderbook presentation of Sony 2012 and the entire MS conference where there were no games that were interesting and they focused on tablets on connectivity stuff combined with the Kinect crap

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21700 Posts

Best:

Halo 2 e3 2003

Loading Video...

Twilight Princess e3 2004

Loading Video...

Worst: Nintendo E3 2008 & 2012

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Solid_Max13

@The_Last_Ride: was that also the year of the infamous "Fist Bump" from MS ugh that felt so awkward and weird

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

Best moment was probably Sony's epic ownage last year. I also remember being totally blown away by the original Killzone 2 reveal and was so ready for next gen, until that $600 price tag was announced at least...

Worst has probably been the last couple Nintendo E3's. The Wii-U reveal was particularly bad IMO. They were the only ones coming to the floor that E3 (I think that was 2011) with a new console so I was hyped to see what they would bring to the table. What they brought was a huge bag of disappointment...

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#27 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Solid_Max13 said:

@The_Last_Ride: was that also the year of the infamous "Fist Bump" from MS ugh that felt so awkward and weird

The whole conferance was just awful and compared to the little blunder that was Wonderbook, Sony's and Nintendo's conferences looked amazing compared to that abomination. They only had COD and Halo that were mention with any sort of bang

widdowson91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

User Lists: 7

#28  Edited By widdowson91
Member since 2008 • 1249 Posts

My favourite moment of E3, by far, was the announcement of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Although I personally feel the game never quite matched the hype and anticipation its announcement was nothing short of epic. And Sony's showing last year just blew Microsoft away, and Jack Tretton's face when everyone screamed to what he said was just priceless. And somebody else mentioned already, but the Halo 2 showing at E3 2003 was great as well. As for my worst moment, choosing is a lot more difficult. Sony's conference in 2006 was abysmal, and then there was Nintendo's showcase of Wii Music. And as good as Sony's conference was last year Microsoft's was equivalently as bad.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

Kevin Butler was an epic character. Shame he had to play with a Wii and get fucked. Probably one of the best gaming marketing campaigns ever.

Kevin Butler screwed Sony. He said, I'll make commercials for whoever I want to. Then Sony said, "No you won't." and fired him. Now Kevin Butler (aka Jerry Lambert) is making commercials for other companies again. lol!!

The commercial was actually a Bridgestone commercial with Lambert in the background playing a Wii. lol!! Sony sued him and that was the end of Kevin Butler.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

hahahahaha

hahahhahahahahahahaha

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

What a great thread.

Such nostalgia

wow

Much laughs

but yes, for me - it's the joke I keep on bringing up over, and over, and over. It's the giant enemy crabs.

You know, the ones based on actual japanese history?

You know, in the game with features like 'real time weapon change'.

They're mentioned in Prison Mike's OP, however I must type it out again, laughing and smiling the whole time.

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

Best e3 moment:

Naughty Dog's The Last Of Us e3 2012 demo. Best game demo of all time IMO. I have never seen such a dynamic and complex AI(enemy/friendly even Joel) communicating and working together in a flawless manner, and what about those incredibly realistic character movements and tangibility. The demo told a narrative without the need of flashy cutscenes. It was jaw-dropping, I have never been hyped for game like that before, but unfortunately the actual game doesn't deliver in those departments at all.

Honestly I would take this kind of game way more than the most realistic(graphics) looking game ever.

Worst E3 moment

The entire Microsoft e3 2013 conference

Ghost120x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Ghost120x
Member since 2009 • 6058 Posts

Best PS vita being $250 the same price as the 3ds.

Worst: "Peggle 2!!"

Milo

that kinect demo where some kid and his dad was on the stage.

They all seem to come from MS lol.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Solid_Max13

@CrownKingArthur: hahaha I remember that moment laughed so hard it was so embarrassing, though konami to me made me laugh so much I could just imagine the people there in person watching and how uncomfortable it was the "300 enemies woooowwwww!" The guy who lost his head the dancing, wrong names the weird creepy staring guy so cringe lol but yea giant enemy crabs was pretty funny!

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

LMAO

At that Konami conference.

Jesus christ of latter day saints, Im weak.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

I have to admit I've never actually watched a whole E3.

I just watch each companies' highlights.

EDIT: Holy Shit!!!! That Konami video had me laughing my ass off.

UnbiasedPoster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 UnbiasedPoster
Member since 2013 • 1134 Posts

Best - MGS 2 Tanker trailer

Worst - Aisha Tyler Ubisoft presser. horrendous

@Pikminmaniac said:

but also a very sad commentary on the state of this industry.

I see what your getting at, but I disagree. At last year's E3 all people wanted to know about was the console itself. People buy (and essentially invest in the company) these machines with certain promises attached to it. There is no game I would have wanted to see more than that announcement, because I wouldn't have been interested in the PS4 at all if it had console level DRM.

Not to mention it completely changed M$' stance and their decision still haunts them today.

What it said about the state of the industry is that Sony is willing to listen to their consumers and not bend them over like M$. Them specifically saying that won them over with all the people on the fence about which console to buy and showed that they listened to feedback (remember the huge Gaf and twitter campaigns?). It was one of the more spine-tingling moments I remember from any E3.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#38 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Favorite E3 Moment: The initial unveiling of Twilight Princess

Worst: Wii Music. Wii f**king music...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#39  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@misterpmedia said:

God, I agree. His Socom ad was hilarious. I loved that gamers speech. Guess some people didn't see it, *cough* Juarbles. My best moment was Halo 2 gameplay. I am a big Halo lover be it games, comics, novels, animated, anything. Worst and funniest was Wii Music. That guy "playing the drums" still cracks me up.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#40 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

Don't forget this legend:

That's it!!!! Thank you so much!! I cry from laughing every time I see it

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41  Edited By blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

BEST - PS4 Revealed and Kingdom Hearts 3 Announced

Worst - Nothing

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 misterpmedia

@blackace said:

@misterpmedia said:

Kevin Butler screwed Sony. He said, I'll make commercials for whoever I want to. Then Sony said, "No you won't." and fired him. Now Kevin Butler (aka Jerry Lambert) is making commercials for other companies again. lol!!

The commercial was actually a Bridgestone commercial with Lambert in the background playing a Wii. lol!! Sony sued him and that was the end of Kevin Butler.

lol yeah I know the story. Such a shame though. If he hadn't of man handled that Wii we'd probably still have some glimpses of him today. He did wonders post train wreck PS3 launch. The E3 speech was awesome too.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By misterpmedia

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Loading Video...

This is always the best one.

"Wan mirrion twooooooooeeewwwps"

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#45 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

best moment was arguably when MS stage-dived and there was no-one catching them.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Solid_Max13

@Desmonic: I remember watching the konami pressed love mainly cause I wanted to see Kojima and some other games, but wow when I had saw that I had my hand over my face and just cringed a bunch lol, looking back it definitely is funny to see how disastrous it was and still making jokes to this day :p

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#48 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Best

Zelda Reveal in 2004

Uncharted 2 Trailer

Worst