You think Rainbow 6 Patriots will bring back the series?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Rainbow 6 Patriots is the game I'm looking forward to the most. Do you think it will bring the Rainbow 6 series back to it's glory or fail miserably??

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

I forgot this game even existed. Wasn't it supposed to come out like 3 or so years ago?

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

Last time it was mentioned it was no longer referred to as Patriots, so I'm guessing that concept is out the window. Hopefully they'll go back to a more tactical play style. Might as well take a risk and carve out your own niche rather than try and chase the Call of Duty brand. Please Ubisoft, let the series go back to it's roots.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

By Ubisoft? HAHAHAHAHAHAH. NO.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

LOL NO

They will take the "tactical" ACTION route (with the super emphasis on ACTION) and it will end up being a crappy Rainbow game, like expected.

Everyone on these forums will want them to go back to their Rainbow Six 3 and prior style, but it's not going to happen.

DangerRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DangerRemix
Member since 2011 • 59 Posts

If David Sears didnt leave hands down this rainbow six would have been promising to the old school roots,

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

who knows.

it's one of my fav franchises but i don't know if people will buy a slower paced shooter that requires you to use cover anymore.

the last two were a couple of my fav franchises from last gen and me and a buddy just co-op'd through it for old times sake a few months back.

i had forgotten how much fun it was and having my face mapped onto my avatar was nothing but win.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#8 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Hopefully it's like Vegas 1 and 2.

Avatar image for GhettoBlastin92
GhettoBlastin92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GhettoBlastin92
Member since 2012 • 1231 Posts

I want it to be like Vegas 1, with the campaign point system in Vegas 2. I still have hope for this game, whenever the hell it comes out.

Ne-Plus-Ultra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ne-Plus-Ultra
Member since 2012 • 281 Posts

I hope it does, but it's Ubisoft so probably not. I just hope they don't destroy it like they did Ghost Recon, although I did enjoy the new Splinter Cell, plus so far The Division is looking pretty good so maybe there's a little hope.

Whatever they do I doubt it will ever be better then RSV2, hope I'm wrong though.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

The game has train wreck written all over it

Hopefully they hit the reset button from their original preview, their direction was uninspiring

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#12 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

@DangerRemix said:

If David Sears didnt leave hands down this rainbow six would have been promising to the old school roots,

In case you didn't know, David Sears is the Creative Director of H-Hour Worlds Elite now! (Successor to SOCOM 1 and 2). The game is scheduled to be released by Jan. 2015. www.sofstudios.com I am a moderator on the site for SOF studios, and my user name is the same. Come check it out.... There is a new wave of funding for those who want to get in on the action, and missed it before! I hope to see you there. :)

DangerRemix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DangerRemix
Member since 2011 • 59 Posts

@WitIsWisdom: Oh trust me I already Know Wisdom. I m as well on the site (sofstudios), and pledged, and gonna pledge some more this week, till the end of the yr. of the deadline. So ya if u guys really want some tactical experience check this game out that Sears is making.

ALso WIsdom my name on Sofstudios.com is Danger. Been a socom fan since socom 1 bro, love that hes bringing that feel back, which the market is missing.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Depends on whether it's good but that's not enough, they still have to market it right. Maybe exploiting Tom Clancy's death with like a "R.I.P. Tom Clancy" mention at the end of of a Rainbow 6 Patriots TV and online ads will boost reception of the game.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@handssss: yeah it was suppose to come out on PS3/360 and PS4/X1 now its just coming out on X1/PS4....If they make it like the first Vegas I'd be cool with that but it would be better if they made it like Rogue Spear or Raven Shield

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

No they will continue to butcher Rainbow just like they did with Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

I see no evidence of "butchering" Vegas 1 & 2 were excellent.

I hope Patriots is more of the same.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#18 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

No they will continue to butcher Rainbow just like they did with Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon

I agree with only Ghost Recon. SC only had a couple average games, but never a bad on. DA and Conviction were weak, but Blacklist was actually quite good. As others have said Vegas 1 was great and Vegas 2 was good, so I don't see the complaint.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

If it's like Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and not dumbed down any more then it's going to tower above all other games on current video game market.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

If it's like Rainbow Six Vegas 2 and not dumbed down any more then it's going to tower above all other games on current video game market.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Hopefully the keep them similar to the Vegas games, those were awesome.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#22 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

If its like Vegas 1 & 2, then it will be good. I haven't heard a thing about it in quite some time though. It's funny, I was just talking to my buddy about how much fun the rainbow six games always were.

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

While I'd love for them to go back to the gameplay of Ravenshield, I thought the Vegas games were still pretty good tactical shooters so I wouldn't mind if they stuck with that direction.

PC_Otter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PC_Otter
Member since 2010 • 1623 Posts

@princessgomez92:

I'm in total support of this, though I completely understand the hate the Vegas games get for being consolized compared to the originals, especially those on PC. I find Vegas 1 and 2 very enjoyable games and currently I'm making a run through the first game on PC. Unfortunately unless you're PC savvy I would avoid trying to make it work with Windows 7 because it won't run with a dedicated sound card and it requires an executable work-around with the Steam version of the game. Vegas 2 works perfectly fine though.

As for Patriots, it looked like a good concept, but likely it would've abandoned the Vegas style games for something much easier and more casual. I was highly turned off by the concept video from two years ago with it's many quick time button events.

Vegas 1 on 360 was my first experience with Xbox Live and pretty much the only game on the system I played hardcore on Live. I have some very fond memories of it. The PC version unfortunately lacks the persistent character and XP system the 360 version has which was disappointing when I played it. Vegas 2 I've only played on PC, and it's MP, while a bit weak in online player population but still has some people playing both co-op and competitive. It's certainly a much better looking and playing game compared to Vegas 1.