You need to own more than one console

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

Guys I know this is system wars and it's sole purpose is to those who only own a single console a way to defend their choice and bash the other platforms. However, after spending the last few generations as a single console owner, I have to say that owning both the X1 and PS4 is going to give me all of the gaming goodness I can handle. I mean I get to play Halo 5, Titanfall, The Order 1886, Drive Club, MLB The Show 14 and Quantum Break. I don't have to make any choices and neither should you. Your opinions?

drekula2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By drekula2
Member since 2012 • 3349 Posts

I'll stick with my PS4. First-party exclusives these days sucks anyway.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

My opinion is still the same about you. You talk shit on the PS4 for months, then suddenly buy one and talk shit on THE ONE.

Now you want everyone to be happy and hold hands in your insecure world.

Go curl up and bite your pillow for a little.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ConanTheStoner  Online
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Well you don't need to, especially not these days when your Sony/MS options are so similar in library.

But yeah, it's a good way to go, I always just get them all so I don't miss out on the good exclusives or get stuck with a shit version of a multiplat.

It kind of sucks that you went one console for a few generations, 6th gen and the gens leading up to it were great times to be a multi-console owner. Very diverse libraries and strengths. Sometimes multiplats were completely different games.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

No i don't.

I have no use for an x1 or a wii u.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

I'm good with zero consoles and my backlog for a while :)!

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

The wii U will be a worthwhile extra console in the future. The x1 however seems like a waste of money compared to any competing system.

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Well you don't need to, especially not these days when your Sony/MS options are so similar in library.

But yeah, it's a good way to go, I always just get them all so I don't miss out on the good exclusives or get stuck with a shit version of a multiplat.

It kind of sucks that you went one console for a few generations, 6th gen and the gens leading up to it were great times to be a multi-console owner. Very diverse libraries and strengths. Sometimes multiplats were completely different games.

This is my take as well. Honestly, the big exclusive games for Xbone are FPS and TPS, genres in which I have little to no interest. Why spend $900+ tax to own both consoles, plus the extras for additional gamepads, online fees, and (lol) AA batteries just to run the Xbone controllers when there's so much overlap in the software libraries?

I don't have enough time to play all of the games I wanted to play on my lone console from last gen. Gaming isn't my only hobby and I have other financial priorities as well.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60702 Posts

When you're a tried and TRUE manticore like me, who is a champion of truth, justice and freedom, you like to post how it is in the REAL world. I won all the consoles so I can do just that and educate users on their potential buying decisions.

Sorry for the real talk so early in the day,m but it just needed to be said.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

I'll be gaming mostly on a single console and PC as always. That console will be PS4. If Xbox 1 finds enough in terms of exclusives to coax me to buy one (and I suspect it will) I'll be picking up one of those too. I also have a Vita and some other devices I occasionally game on. I'm game crazy.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

Really you just need a PC and Wii U to play the vast majority of all games released and get most of the best exclusives.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178833 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

Guys I know this is system wars and it's sole purpose is to those who only own a single console a way to defend their choice and bash the other platforms. However, after spending the last few generations as a single console owner, I have to say that owning both the X1 and PS4 is going to give me all of the gaming goodness I can handle. I mean I get to play Halo 5, Titanfall, The Order 1886, Drive Club, MLB The Show 14 and Quantum Break. I don't have to make any choices and neither should you. Your opinions?

I kind of see this gen as the opposite. I have all the consoles from the past gen. But unless you really really like MS exclusives.....or Sony exclusives.....either/or will do.

Now that said.....I do plan on picking up a PS4 when there are some games for it. The X1 might be the first console I skip. Most of the MS games are on PC if I do feel the need to get them. And third parties are on both. And of course....Nintendo is by itself. Definitely gamers should have those consoles as a companion moreso than the PS/MS combo.

DonnaTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DonnaTroy
Member since 2013 • 245 Posts

Why? When a PlayStation console gives you the best of everything :-\

bforrester420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By bforrester420
Member since 2014 • 3480 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Really you just need a PC and Wii U to play the vast majority of all games released and get most of the best exclusives.

I disagree entirely. I would have missed out on the Uncharted series, TLOU, Gran Turismo (review scores be damned), GTA V, MGS IV and a few other exclusives I really enjoyed.

I do agree that you miss out on a lot without a somewhat capable gaming PC. I have an incompetent gaming PC (i5 3550, 4gb RAM (32-bit windows, boo!) GTX 650) but it's enough to play Civ 5 and I can't live without Civ. It's a free PC from work, so I'm limited on my OS choice and power supply, hence the GTX 650.

Gargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gargus
Member since 2006 • 2147 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Incorrect.

PC exclusives are pretty much non existent aside from MMO's (which consoles are getting more all the time), most strategy games, and indie games. But consoles are getting more MMO games like PS4 has a few right now and elder scrolls coming soon and indie games are ever growing on the consoles especially playstation 3/4 and vita, hell even minecraft the once great god of PC exclusives is on a lot of consoles.

Consoles have the better crop of exclusive titles with a larger variety. I mean how many games have won game of the year in the past 5 years that were PC exclusive vs console exclusive?

With a PC and a wiiu youll miss a metric ton of great games.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

if I didn't do anything else with my life than playing games then owning multiple consoles would be worth it. But right now I only have a PS3 but still have a huge backlog of unplayed games....

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9530 Posts

Getting all three consoles, both handhelds, maybe a steam machine and ouya, and having a gaming PC is obviously the best choice... however, not everyone has that choice. Then again, for those that don't... I find it hilarious some people talk trash about things they don't own, and have never experienced for themselves... lol

It would be easy for me to say the X1 is a piece of shit, because I have NEVER played one. I'm sure that is NOT the case though. I really have enjoyed BOTH my PS4 and WiiU... that is something I CAN NOT say for last gen. If I like 2 of the 3 chances are I will like all 3. This gen is already looking better than last generation. I called it as I saw it and I was right. Last gen. was a guinea pig generation more about testing new technology, figuring out optimization, and app integration than it was about games. It seems as though the focus has changed though just like I predicted.

After getting my X1.. I will still not compare that console to the other 2. Why? well.... if you have everything then you can use each for what they do best and there is nothing to complain about.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PurpleMan5000

@Gargus said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Incorrect.

PC exclusives are pretty much non existent aside from MMO's (which consoles are getting more all the time), most strategy games, and indie games. But consoles are getting more MMO games like PS4 has a few right now and elder scrolls coming soon and indie games are ever growing on the consoles especially playstation 3/4 and vita, hell even minecraft the once great god of PC exclusives is on a lot of consoles.

Consoles have the better crop of exclusive titles with a larger variety. I mean how many games have won game of the year in the past 5 years that were PC exclusive vs console exclusive?

You will miss out on even more great games with any combination that does not include the PC, though. If I were to combine the PC + Wii library from last gen, it would absolutely demolish the Xbox 360 + PS3 library.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Not quite, you can replace the PC with a console like the X1 and the PS4 for next gen if you're not at all interested in strategy games and the indies ( I myself am so i do keep my Pc ofcourse ) also the Wii U is just an opinion. Many of us are already tired of playing mario and Zelda. Would hope for more games on the line of Pikmin and Metroid or something in between that's a new IP but Nintendo just wants to release more Mario and Zelda.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

PC + PS4 > anything else X1 not required

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PurpleMan5000

@Joedgabe said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Not quite, you can replace the PC with a console like the X1 and the PS4 for next gen if you're not at all interested in strategy games and the indies ( I myself am so i do keep my Pc ofcourse ) also the Wii U is just an opinion. Many of us are already tired of playing mario and Zelda. Would hope for more games on the line of Pikmin and Metroid or something in between that's a new IP but Nintendo just wants to release more Mario and Zelda.

You know they just released Pikmin 3 last year, right?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178833 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

I can agree with that....but you need Nintendo as well to have everything covered.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Shielder7
@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Gargus said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Incorrect.

You will miss out on even more great games with any combination that does not include the PC, though. If I were to combine the PC + Wii library from last gen, it would absolutely demolish the Xbox 360 + PS3 library.

Incorrect

PS 3 exclusives > Wii exclusives True Story

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PurpleMan5000

@Shielder7 said:
@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Gargus said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Incorrect.

Incorrect

PS 3 exclusives > Wii exclusives True Story

It's pretty close and just comes down to preference, really. The PC exclusives make my statement correct, though.

PC + PS3 would demolish Xbox 360 + Wii. I will give you that.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Shielder7
@LJS9502_basic said:

@Shielder7 said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

I can agree with that....but you need Nintendo as well to have everything covered.

Don't need everything covered not that interested in Mario games. Ratchet and Clank do a well enough job for my Cartoony type game fix and Ratchet > because he's the one with the Gun.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@ShepardCommandr said:

No i don't.

This.

My PS4 and PC fulfill all my gaming needs.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
@I_can_haz said:

@ShepardCommandr said:

No i don't.

This.

My PS4 and PC fulfill all my gaming needs.

I'm the same atm, and even with bugger all games on the PS4 i've a huge backlog on the PC and STILL haven't played FIFA that I bought at launch

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Wii U and PS4 for me. Don't think I'll ever want a Xbox One.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#29  Edited By speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

360, 3DS, and PC.

I'm good.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

No, you really don't.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Only the Xbox One looks interesting right now.

But even then I have more than enough to play on my PC. An interesting game seems to come out every week, but I only buy a new game every couple months or so.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

that's not a need

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@Joedgabe said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

You know they just released Pikmin 3 last year, right?

that's why i said on the line of those games or something in between or just something in between, the only thing interesting in the Wii U for me atm would be pikmin and the Wonderful 101. While those don't make me wanna buy a Wii U for them it's a step in the right direction for some one like me that's just tired of too much mario.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

True Gamers unit. I'll be playing all those games as well once they are released. Only PC games I'll be getting in the near future are Path of Exile, Torchlight 2, Star Citizen & EverQuest Next.

@Heil68 said:

When you're a tried and TRUE manticore like me, who is a champion of truth, justice and freedom, you like to post how it is in the REAL world. I won all the consoles so I can do just that and educate users on their potential buying decisions.

Sorry for the real talk so early in the day,m but it just needed to be said.

You're a Manticore with Cow intentions. lol!!

BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

I'm still gaming through my PS3 backlog, no idea how I could handle any more games than that.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blackace

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Shielder7 said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

Not really. Wii U can be gotten 5-6 years into the generation really. There are only a few key games to get on that system. With PS4 & XBox One, there will be major must have exclusives, but must better online gaming than on the Wii U. All you need is a PS4 & XBox One and a PC if for a few key exclusives. That's enough for this generation.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#37  Edited By mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

I can see myself owning all except for the Xbox One. I just don't agree with the philosophy with what it was built. I don't care about the Kinect, and I don't even think I have enough space to actually make good use of it. I also don't like that it's bundled in. Also, I never really cared about Xbox exclusives. I don't find Halo very fun, and now that the original developer is making a multiplat, I have less reason to care. Also, Titanfall is on PC too.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#38  Edited By Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

You don't need two consoles. But you are missing out on a lot of game experiences by not owning more than one dedicated gaming device (slash PC).

Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts

PC, PS4, One, WiiU, Vita, 3DS.

Yep, I'm good.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Nah. You're definitely doing it wrong if your two consoles are PS4/Xbox 1 - and you left out the Wii-U.

I bought a 360 at the end of the gen after starting with PS3, and I basically had to force myself to play it to justify the purchase. I didn't even really like Gears either - so that basically means I bought the console for Forza/Halo. It's sad that 90% of the games I have on my 360 ended up being multiplats - that I easily could have just bought on my PS3. Next gen, with PS4 looking to have superior multiplats - there will be even less reason to own both consoles. Of course I have Witcher 2, Deathsmiles, and a bunch of arcade games not available on PS3. So it wasn't a TOTAL waste, but I certainly am glad I didn't buy a 360 earlier and waste more money on it (and most likely would have RROD' by now).

However I could see myself getting a Wii-U as a 2nd console - just for the top 15-20 games that will end up being exclusive to that platform. Wii-U is a joke as a main console, however as a 2nd console I like the idea of a Wii-U 1000x better than an Xbox One.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts

I only need one console. Buying a second would be a complete waste of money for me.

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#42  Edited By good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I think ps4 and Wii u is the best combo this gen

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

I'm not buying a glorified cable box. I'll stick with my PS4.

Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

The way I see it, you need a PC + secondary system. The PC obviously gets the best version of most games, has the biggest number of exclusives, and has the best variety of any platform. You buy the secondary system for the few types of experiences that you just can't get on PC.

My secondary system of choice is the 3DS because of all the good JRPGs on it, plus Nintendo's first party output on it has been pretty consistent so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#45 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

No I dont.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By blackace

@Dreams-Visions said:

PC, PS4, One, WiiU, Vita, 3DS.

Yep, I'm good.

Stop copying me. I'll add XBox 360 & PS3 until some better PS4 & XB1 games get released.

Good to go.

@Vatusus said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS

said:

No I dont.

The poor and non True Gamers need not apply.

Being a True Gamer is not for everyone.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Yeah I'm not sure... I currently own both, but I think I could go with just one for a whole generation. I started out last gen with both, but then stuck with PS3. If I start playing one more than the other, I'll probably get rid of one.

Draign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Draign
Member since 2013 • 1824 Posts

They are both great consoles whether people hate the fact or not. The only game I really despise is Drive Club, and that still has a chance to be redeemed.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Shielder7

@blackace said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@Shielder7 said:

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS said:

Not really. Wii U can be gotten 5-6 years into the generation really. There are only a few key games to get on that system. With PS4 & XBox One, there will be major must have exclusives, but must better online gaming than on the Wii U. All you need is a PS4 & XBox One and a PC if for a few key exclusives. That's enough for this generation.

I can't really think of anything on the Xbox one that's not on or coming to PC.