You gotta hand it to SOny : their trailers get you hyped.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
I don't care if they are CGI or not or if the games don't look like the trailer but I promise I'll never make fun of them again . I'll make fun of Rockstar from now on :P . A Sony trailer ( whatever game ) almost wanted me to get the game but the GTA 4 trailer was very dispointing. bottom line : SCE  actually makes good trailers !!!
Avatar image for thirstychainsaw
thirstychainsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 thirstychainsaw
Member since 2007 • 3761 Posts
Yeah, Sony is really good with the bait and switch.
DoctorBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DoctorBunny
Member since 2005 • 2660 Posts
I don't care if they are CGI or not or if the games don't look like the trailer but I promise I'll never make fun of them again . I'll make fun of Rockstar from now on :P . A Sony trailer ( whatever game ) almost wanted me to get the game but the GTA 4 trailer was very dispointing. bottom line : SCE actually makes good trailers !!!turgore
Sony trailers have always been crap in my opinion. the only ones I ever loved were the ratchet and clank commercials
RAZZY_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RAZZY_B
Member since 2005 • 1709 Posts

tru, killzone trailer wass off the hook.

Too bad it was fake

:cry:

MADVLAD123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 MADVLAD123
Member since 2005 • 6053 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUP5-lHBUvA&mode=related&search=

how is this a good trailer? What are they implying?

MaxxxReebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MaxxxReebo
Member since 2005 • 1340 Posts
Yeah... the commercial for the PS3 where the German girl was taking a dump was ESPECIALLY riviting.
GatoFeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 GatoFeo
Member since 2004 • 1846 Posts
How about Socom, I really like their commercials.
SuperKnightX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SuperKnightX
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts

Yeah... the commercial for the PS3 where the German girl was taking a dump was ESPECIALLY riviting.MaxxxReebo
game trailers NOT adds or commercials.

Get it right ppl.

Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Socrates88
Member since 2007 • 1655 Posts
[QUOTE="turgore"]I don't care if they are CGI or not or if the games don't look like the trailer but I promise I'll never make fun of them again . I'll make fun of Rockstar from now on :P . A Sony trailer ( whatever game ) almost wanted me to get the game but the GTA 4 trailer was very dispointing. bottom line : SCE actually makes good trailers !!!DoctorBunny
Sony trailers have always been crap in my opinion. the only ones I ever loved were the ratchet and clank commercials

Whoa!!!!! You didn't like the Emmy winning Crash bandicoot commercials?
reaperstoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 reaperstoll
Member since 2006 • 918 Posts

TV spots aren't trailers, so stop bringing up the PS3's ridiculously odd marketing strategy.

trophylocoste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 trophylocoste
Member since 2006 • 8454 Posts
Its that ps3 fanboys always hype something and it always turn out to be bad:?
DoctorBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DoctorBunny
I may love my 360 to death, until MGS4 comes out, but ratchet and clank commercials are the greatest :)
MaxxxReebo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MaxxxReebo
Member since 2005 • 1340 Posts

[QUOTE="MaxxxReebo"]Yeah... the commercial for the PS3 where the German girl was taking a dump was ESPECIALLY riviting.SuperKnightX

game trailers NOT adds or commercials.

Get it right ppl.

:cry:  Why you half to hurt my feelings like that? You should be careful. You don't seem to realize that you have the powere to heal... AND to hurt. Oh, and a game trailer is just an ad, or commercial. :)

turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 turgore

MADVLAD123

I meant for games and why did u pick a german commercial. 

turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 turgore
[QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="turgore"]I don't care if they are CGI or not or if the games don't look like the trailer but I promise I'll never make fun of them again . I'll make fun of Rockstar from now on :P . A Sony trailer ( whatever game ) almost wanted me to get the game but the GTA 4 trailer was very dispointing. bottom line : SCE actually makes good trailers !!!Socrates88

I bet you he has the most friends on Myspace after Tom.
DoctorBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DoctorBunny
[QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="turgore"]I don't care if they are CGI or not or if the games don't look like the trailer but I promise I'll never make fun of them again . I'll make fun of Rockstar from now on :P . A Sony trailer ( whatever game ) almost wanted me to get the game but the GTA 4 trailer was very dispointing. bottom line : SCE actually makes good trailers !!!Socrates88

don't remember them im talking about more recent history too many holes in my brain from experimental teen years lol
Socrates88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Socrates88
Member since 2007 • 1655 Posts
[QUOTE="Socrates88"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="turgore"]I don't care if they are CGI or not or if the games don't look like the trailer but I promise I'll never make fun of them again . I'll make fun of Rockstar from now on :P . A Sony trailer ( whatever game ) almost wanted me to get the game but the GTA 4 trailer was very dispointing. bottom line : SCE actually makes good trailers !!!turgore

I bet you he has the most friends on Myspace after Tom.

I highly doubt that...
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Me_Ur_Daddy_
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
Its that ps3 fanboys always hype something and it always turn out to be bad:?trophylocoste
oh like the game in ur sig or in ur avatar ? or is that sarcasm :P
turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 turgore

tru, killzone trailer wass off the hook.

Too bad it was fake

:cry:

RAZZY_B

Yupp. I also liked an early DOA trailer where they showed only gameplay and some ingame CGI , practically that game got me to buy a 360.

Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Me_Ur_Daddy_
[QUOTE="Socrates88"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="turgore"]I don't care if they are CGI or not or if the games don't look like the trailer but I promise I'll never make fun of them again . I'll make fun of Rockstar from now on :P . A Sony trailer ( whatever game ) almost wanted me to get the game but the GTA 4 trailer was very dispointing. bottom line : SCE actually makes good trailers !!!DoctorBunny

don't remember them im talking about more recent history too many holes in my brain from experimental teen years lol

or u were a toddler back then ? theres nothing wrong with admitting you are 13 most people on XBL are the same age :P
Afrikanxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Afrikanxl
Member since 2006 • 1112 Posts

NO LOVE for Jak and Dexter.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwqUhNNZ0qQ  *linktfy me please*

I'd hit that.......

illshogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 illshogun
Member since 2003 • 3492 Posts

MADVLAD123

ooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooo i think gonna cry now

DoctorBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DoctorBunny
[QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="Socrates88"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="turgore"]I don't care if they are CGI or not or if the games don't look like the trailer but I promise I'll never make fun of them again . I'll make fun of Rockstar from now on :P . A Sony trailer ( whatever game ) almost wanted me to get the game but the GTA 4 trailer was very dispointing. bottom line : SCE actually makes good trailers !!!Me_Ur_Daddy_

or u were a toddler back then ? theres nothing wrong with admitting you are 13 most people on XBL are the same age :P

add 10 years to that ;)
afdevil24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 afdevil24
Member since 2006 • 1590 Posts
[QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="Socrates88"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="turgore"]I don't care if they are CGI or not or if the games don't look like the trailer but I promise I'll never make fun of them again . I'll make fun of Rockstar from now on :P . A Sony trailer ( whatever game ) almost wanted me to get the game but the GTA 4 trailer was very dispointing. bottom line : SCE actually makes good trailers !!!Me_Ur_Daddy_

uh bye
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Me_Ur_Daddy_
[QUOTE="Me_Ur_Daddy_"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="Socrates88"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="turgore"]I don't care if they are CGI or not or if the games don't look like the trailer but I promise I'll never make fun of them again . I'll make fun of Rockstar from now on :P . A Sony trailer ( whatever game ) almost wanted me to get the game but the GTA 4 trailer was very dispointing. bottom line : SCE actually makes good trailers !!!DoctorBunny

add 10 years to that ;)

oh so you just have bad taste okay... :P
omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts
o dont consider that a good thing :|
Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts
No. Killzone looks like hawtness, but when you remember that it's all just smoke and mirrors, the interest wanes when you realize they will underdeliver and not give you what they promised. The PS2 was to be fifty times stronger than a dreamcast and so powerful it could launch ballistic missiles. Suprise when it was the weakest of the big three. Suprise when Sony bragged about dual 1080p at 60 fps. Then you didn't get it. Suprise when the games were gonna look great, but don't look better than anything the 360 can offer.
reaperstoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 reaperstoll
Member since 2006 • 918 Posts
No. Killzone looks like hawtness, but when you remember that it's all just smoke and mirrors, the interest wanes when you realize they will underdeliver and not give you what they promised. The PS2 was to be fifty times stronger than a dreamcast and so powerful it could launch ballistic missiles. Suprise when it was the weakest of the big three. Suprise when Sony bragged about dual 1080p at 60 fps. Then you didn't get it. Suprise when the games were gonna look great, but don't look better than anything the 360 can offer.fatzombiepigeon
Turgore's point was that Sony does a good job building hype about their products even if they dont deliver.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
Yeah, they got me excited the first few times. Then I found out I wasn't excited for the game, but for some CGI BS that was made to get me excited for a game they didn't show me. Guess what? It doesn't work any more.
Shadow2k6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 Shadow2k6
Member since 2005 • 2283 Posts

Yeah the Crash Bandicoot commericials where the best,

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-PCJ1lWMaSA

:lol:

Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts

[QUOTE="fatzombiepigeon"]No. Killzone looks like hawtness, but when you remember that it's all just smoke and mirrors, the interest wanes when you realize they will underdeliver and not give you what they promised. The PS2 was to be fifty times stronger than a dreamcast and so powerful it could launch ballistic missiles. Suprise when it was the weakest of the big three. Suprise when Sony bragged about dual 1080p at 60 fps. Then you didn't get it. Suprise when the games were gonna look great, but don't look better than anything the 360 can offer.reaperstoll
Turgore's point was that Sony does a good job building hype about their products even if they dont deliver.

I guess they do, but they don't for me. Not anymore. I don't buy anything from Sony until they show it up. The PS3 is impressive, but not what they promised and hyped. Right NOW, it's a 600 dollar 360 wiith Blu-Ray and a few AA exclusives.

Tamarind_Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Tamarind_Face
Member since 2007 • 2270 Posts

[QUOTE="Socrates88"][QUOTE="DoctorBunny"][QUOTE="turgore"]I don't care if they are CGI or not or if the games don't look like the trailer but I promise I'll never make fun of them again . I'll make fun of Rockstar from now on :P . A Sony trailer ( whatever game ) almost wanted me to get the game but the GTA 4 trailer was very dispointing. bottom line : SCE actually makes good trailers !!!Shadow2k6

Yeah the Crash Bandicoot commericials where the best,

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-PCJ1lWMaSA

:lol:

I like what they did at the end, NOT E. LOL
-L-U-I-S-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#33 -L-U-I-S-
Member since 2006 • 3665 Posts
Yeah... the commercial for the PS3 where the German girl was taking a dump was ESPECIALLY riviting.MaxxxReebo
he's speaking about game trailers not ads or commercials
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
Well at least Rockstar gives a trailer that uses the ingame engine so you have a lagit look at the game not just mocked up crap.
vauba_haoly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 vauba_haoly
Member since 2005 • 402 Posts

Hype - Delivery = Backlash 

xXHackettXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#37 xXHackettXx
Member since 2006 • 3560 Posts
I don't care if they are CGI or not or if the games don't look like the trailer but I promise I'll never make fun of them again . I'll make fun of Rockstar from now on :P . A Sony trailer ( whatever game ) almost wanted me to get the game but the GTA 4 trailer was very dispointing. bottom line : SCE  actually makes good trailers !!!turgore
Too me looking at a CGI trailer sucks because it has nothing to do with the actual games its just a movie. Sony lies to much with CGI tailers, still laughing at the people that thought PS3 games would look like the ones at two years agos E3.
project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 project343
Member since 2005 • 14106 Posts

MADVLAD123

Love comes with a ring of brass, Playstation comes from the...

MrDziekuje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#40 MrDziekuje
Member since 2004 • 7730 Posts

MADVLAD123

I don't understand any of them, but that one ranks high up there.