You can't trust your own eyes?

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@sts106mat said:

it would have sucked as an open world game. alan wake and quantum break definitely need FOCUS that only a linear game can give. open world works well for many games, but not all. my main reason for this is the lack of focus....take tomb-raider for example, your friend is held in a prison and going to be burned at the stake any minute....but the game doesn't mind if you want to go rock climbing or relic hunting all over the show for hours......it spoils the flow and feel and makes the story pretty much secondary to the overall experience.

Part of Alan wake's brilliance was having the gameplay match the story driven nature.. you felt you needed to progress at all times, even if sometimes you were scared to.

especially with games that have a story / TV show feel as Alan wake and quantum did.

Imagine 24 if jack Bauer had spent half his morning reading the paper in a coffee shop and taking a dump? sometimes linear time focused and confined is better.

Wouldn't consider Tomb Raider an open world game, but I know what you are talking about. I find that in a lot of games:

"Oh, I really need to go do this very important thing or save somebody... but that doesn't mean I can't have a little fun first"

In my game, Alan Wake would often pause the quest to save his wife to watch an episode of bright falls XD

edit: It's also pretty weird how in 24 Jack Bauer never has to drink, eat, pee or shit. I just imagine he does that during the commercial breaks.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@sts106mat said:

well its not open world and i didn't mean to say it was...its more of a hub, but the levels are fairly large and in many places quite open. but you got my point, that's the main thing.

Totally. On one hand it's king of jarring and it breaks the fourth wall that you are doing other stuff than advancing the story. But on the other hand, it's great that a game can give you that freedom, and so I kind of like it in a way. And I do make use of that freedom :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#55  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@GravityX said:

@Vatusus said:

@GravityX said:

@Vatusus said:

@GravityX said:

@OneLazyAsian said:

@GravityX said:

@I_can_haz said:

Damage Control.

My eyes can tell the difference between 1080p and 720p instantly. Same with 30fps and 60fps, just because lems are blind doesn't mean we all are. Go see your optometrist.

This is not constructive.

Xbox One has arguably the best looking game in Ryse, running at 900p 30fps with 1.18 tflop machine.

And on the other hand you have the Order running at 800p at 30fps on a 1.84tflop machine. Both exclusive and both not on last gen consoles.

So if you look at both games, how can you possible say the Xbox One is 30, 50 and some say 80% weaker?

Except The Order isn't 800p...

Well, I'd hope not as it looks extremely linear. Much more linear than Ryse. And yet Ryse in my opinion looks better.

lol if you think Ryse looks better than this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5J_uZrwEL8

you need a new par of glasses

I think its YOUR eyes who are deceiving you...

It does look better and its not as linear. Not to say it looks bad.

But lets again look at the "lens", which is 1.18 tflops compare to 1.84 tflops. The Order should not only look better it should look way better and perform better, with better animation and performance.

"It does look better"

It doesnt. Check your eyes.

"its not as linear"

and how dafuq do ya know that? How did you took that conclusion after seing 5 seconds of The Order footage? When Ryse was 1st shown at E3 it looked like it played on-rails. Dont pull baseless conclusions out of your a**, please or you'll only look like another fanboy

I thought I said so far. And if its only 5 seconds of gameplay why are a lot "fan boys" praising it as unbelievable and amazing. Can't have it both ways.

Bottom line is PS4 should be displaying exclusives that look way beyond Ryse, but it's not. Why?

People are praising its visuals wich do look unbelievable and amazing. Gameplay wise though, only time will tell. And the difference between X1 and PS4 wont be big, I know that but it will be noticeable. The Order already looks better than Ryse (arguably Killzone SF already does) and every multiplat so far looks and performs better on the PS4 at higher resolution and FPS. What does that tell you? Ryse runs at 900p/20fps. At that performance levels, no wonder it looks good...

hoyalawya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#56 hoyalawya
Member since 2014 • 344 Posts

I can spot difference between 720p and 1080i instantly on my TV on TV shows & movies. However, I have a hard-time telling the difference between 720p and 1080p on video games and animated movies. Why is that?

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

I read this to be about the PS4 hype vs X1 hype... logically speaking X1 has by far the best line-up at the moment... an release games. nothing too exciting coming from infamous... meanwhile, titanfall is epic and is being recieved as such. that and the better X1 launch lineup ... things seem abit backwards at the moment.

That could change ofc...

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#58  Edited By leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

TC is right I can barely tell the difference between PS3 and Xbox One games.

i also think he is right, i played uncharted games and they are great, but the visuals!!! what a crap, almost every ps3 game ive played looked better than any naught dog game

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@leandrro said:

@Pray_to_me said:

i also think he is right, i played uncharted games and they are great, but the visuals!!! what a crap, almost every ps3 game ive played looked better than any naught dog game

which games exactly?

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 leandrro

@MonsieurX said:

@leandrro said:

@Pray_to_me said:

which games exactly?

1 just a few minutes, i were thinking U1 was much visually inferior

2 to the end, nice game but same crappy graphics

3 up to the midle, still same lame visuals (multiplayer is total crap) but inferior game to U2

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@leandrro said:

@MonsieurX said:

@leandrro said:

@Pray_to_me said:

which games exactly?

3 up to the midle, still same lame visuals (multiplayer is total crap) but inferior game to U2

...you didn't mention any games you played that looked better than Naughty Dogs games

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By leandrro

@MonsieurX said:

@leandrro said:

@MonsieurX said:

@leandrro said:

@Pray_to_me said:

which games exactly?

...you didn't mention any games you played that looked better than Naughty Dogs games

god of war 3

castlevania

killzone

even battlefield bad company 1 as much better visuals with 24 online players huge maps and destruction, naughtdog simply dont know how to make a good loking game, but for sony its better to brag about the visuals untill people start believing uncharted has decent graphics

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#63 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@I_can_haz said:

Damage Control.

My eyes can tell the difference between 1080p and 720p instantly. Same with 30fps and 60fps, just because lems are blind doesn't mean we all are. Go see your optometrist.

No they can't. In gaming framerate is easily tellible. You cannot tell the difference between 720P and 1080P

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#65  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@Motokid6 said:

Study the OP posted is totally false lies. Curiously.. i went and pored a small glass of red and another of white wine. Tried one.. rinsed with water.. tried the other. ITS NIGHT AND DAY lol. Total freakin bs study. Im not even a wine person. Ones grape the other is vinegar.. how in the hell could an EXPERT not tell this?

No it's not.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#66  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@I_can_haz said:

Damage Control.

No they can't. In gaming framerate is easily tellible. You cannot tell the difference between 720P and 1080P

Yes, you can. It's especially evident in 40inch+ monitors. If the screen is tiny, say a 24inch computer monitor, you may not tell the difference, but to say you can't tell the difference at all is not true. From a computer monitor, it's probably true you couldn't tell a difference as most monitors are smaller than 32 inches. That's not the optimal distance or size. Also, the content matters. If you are taking low resolution content and trying to upscale it, you wouldn't notice either even on a 50 inch 1080p Panasonic Plasma. That's because the source material used was cheap.

This goes back to when Blu-Rays/HD-DVDs were new back in 2006. AV forums can discuss this in great length if you ever desire to learn more.

I'm a home theatre enthusiast that has spent years calibrating. There is a reason why companies manufacture and sell 720p HDTVs and 1080p HDTVs.

Here's one such link of thousands on when 1080p matters. 1080p Does Matter – Here’s When (Screen Size vs. Viewing Distance vs. Resolution)

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

@GravityX said:

@I_can_haz said:

Damage Control.

Xbox One has arguably the best looking game in Ryse, running at 900p 30fps with 1.18 tflop machine.

And on the other hand you have the Order running at 800p at 30fps on a 1.84tflop machine. Both exclusive and both not on last gen consoles.

So if you look at both games, how can you possible say the Xbox One is 30, 50 and some say 80% weaker?

Cows get bionic eyes when they become fanboys,didn't you know?

can confirm. cows can detect 180 lines difference from 900p to 1080p and call the former a blurry mess. Then they go and praise TLOU as the best looking game but its what, 720p? TLOU was all aliased and jaggies everywhere yet good looking still for a 720p game. Not sure why this gen, a game with newer tech and is far better looking and runs at higher than 720p (aka 900p) is called a blurry mess... only because cows bionic eyes won't take anything less than 1080p, thus the Order will be shit graphically according to cow logic.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

@OneLazyAsian said:

@GravityX said:

@I_can_haz said:

Damage Control.

Um.........yes, yes it is.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@I_can_haz said:
@GravityX said:

@I_can_haz said:

Damage Control.

You lems have really lost it, lol. KZSF and the Order 1886 shit all over Ryse. The Order especially and it runs at a higher res than shitty Ryse's 900p.

Ummm no I_can't_haz. Your epic fail of a poll thread made sure of that. If you want to start a new thread poll for The Order be my guest but as for KZSF Ryse was crowned better looking. Better luck next time loser.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 PinkieWinkie
Member since 2006 • 1454 Posts

@kingtito: lol wat? You believe Ryse looks better then the footage of The Order shown? Wow. Take those goggles off kid.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By kingtito

@PinkieWinkie said:

@kingtito: lol wat? You believe Ryse looks better then the footage of The Order shown? Wow. Take those goggles off kid.

No you moron. I didn't say anything about Ryse looking better than The Order. I'm talking about I_can't _haz poll thread he created a while back asking SW users to settle the debate about KZSF and Ryse. The thread backfired and the idiot started claiming someone hacked the poll.

Umm yeah perhaps you shouldn't open your trap you weren't even in the conversation to begin with.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 PinkieWinkie

@kingtito: lol its an open forum, what are you going to do fatty? Sit on me?

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@OneLazyAsian said:

@GravityX said:

@I_can_haz said:

Damage Control.

oh kuu haha like 100% of other lems please educate yourself. i keep telling lems but they keep spreading their misinformed bs

'The game renders an image of 1920x1080, just 280 horizontal lines are black.'

http://tay.kotaku.com/why-the-order-1886-is-1080p-and-not-800p-1518902908

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

@PinkieWinkie said:

They only believe it looks better is because your conditioned to think it looks better. And than are shown cinematics that are more detailed. And than get transitioned to actual game play. You have no chance and or choice but to say it looks better than a game that on most sites is regarded as a graphical masterpiece during actual in game graphics.

It would be interesting to know what is the exact graphical usage out put in terms of polygons, AI and animations that go into game to prove if nothing more than art style can influence what you think looks better with less resources than something with more resources and you not thinking it looks so good.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@PinkieWinkie said:

He actually does lol. What an idiot.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By kingtito

@I_can_haz said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

Well let's find out i_can't. Why don't you start one of your wonderful poll threads. Let's settle this once and for all.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

PS4 is the better machine.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@GravityX said:

@I_can_haz said:

Damage Control.

1920x800 is not 800p estupido

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@kingtito said:

@I_can_haz said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

Well let's find out i_can't. Why don't you start one of your wonderful poll threads. Let's settle this once and for all.

Are you gonna start crying again in this thread like you did in other ones? Why is that you can't help getting a meltdown each time you see one of my posts? Do I cause you that much pain lol?

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By PinkieWinkie

@GravityX: Dude what are you on. First, the cinematic in The Order and the gameplay are all rendered real time on the exact same engine. Second, each character in The Order has over 100k polygons. In comparison, the main character in Ryse has around 85k.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#82 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

What's hilarious is that NONE of the games are 720P, 800P or even 900P, because every game is upscaled to 1080P when it hits your HDTV. This is why the difference is never great. It's pretty obvious that Kojima didn't work on the XB1 version of MSG5:GZ. He had someone else port it over from the PS4. He didn't make the XB1 version from the ground up, that's for sure. You can easily tell the PS3 and PS4 version were created first and then they just ported the code to the 360 and XB1. Of course it's not going to look at good. LOL!! Now let someone from Microsoft's first party create it from the ground up on the XB1. I bet the game would look identical. I canceled my MSG5:GZ preorder. I know a lot of other people who have as well. $40 for a 2hr game is a joke.

PinkieWinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 PinkieWinkie

@blackace: Dude you are just damage controlling. Unless you have proof of your claims, you look like an idiot. The reason MGS GZ looks worse is because the X1 is weaker, proven factually.

GravityX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By GravityX
Member since 2013 • 865 Posts

@blackace said:

What's hilarious is that NONE of the games are 720P, 800P or even 900P, because every game is upscaled to 1080P when it hits your HDTV. This is why the difference is never great. It's pretty obvious that Kojima didn't work on the XB1 version of MSG5:GZ. He had someone else port it over from the PS4. He didn't make the XB1 version from the ground up, that's for sure. You can easily tell the PS3 and PS4 version were created first and then they just ported the code to the 360 and XB1. Of course it's not going to look at good. LOL!! Now let someone from Microsoft's first party create it from the ground up on the XB1. I bet the game would look identical. I canceled my MSG5:GZ preorder. I know a lot of other people who have as well. $40 for a 2hr game is a joke.

Developers are not utilizing the esram as MS intended. And it will probably continue to not be utilized, expecially since the PS4 is selling way better. The Xbox One exclusive however will look better than the PS4 exclusives. But since the wine was been dyed and placed in a fancy bottle no one will believe it or trust their on eyes.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Shewgenja

@GravityX said:

@blackace said:

Developers are not utilizing the esram as MS intended. And it will probably continue to not be utilized, expecially since the PS4 is selling way better. The Xbox One exclusive however will look better than the PS4 exclusives. But since the wine was been dyed and placed in a fancy bottle no one will believe it or trust their on eyes.

I'm so done with these secret sauce threads and the "but but but, this developer here said this and it has nothing to do with the fact he wants to sell a game on the XBone" fuckshit arguments going in circles. You guys just can't face the music, so this is all you get from now on. SCIENCE BITCHES!

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By kingtito

@I_can_haz said:

@kingtito said:

@I_can_haz said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

Are you gonna start crying again in this thread like you did in other ones? Why is that you can't help getting a meltdown each time you see one of my posts? Do I cause you that much pain lol?

Crying???? More like laughing at you. Seriously...every time I see one of your post I can't help but laugh. Your thread was about as epic of a failure as you can have.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

@sts106mat said:

@I_can_haz said:
@GravityX said:

@I_can_haz said:

Damage Control.

You lems have really lost it, lol. KZSF and the Order 1886 shit all over Ryse. The Order especially and it runs at a higher res than shitty Ryse's 900p.

nope, Ryse >>> KZSF. Ryse is confimed by multiple sources (many of whom have played both) as the best looking game on the two consoles., why this upsets you so much i dont understand.

as for the order, impossible to say until we've seen it properly. many people wont be able to get past the massive black bars at the top and bottom of the screen. but if it looks better than Ryse when it comes out, so what?

lol.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

@blackace said:

What's hilarious is that NONE of the games are 720P, 800P or even 900P, because every game is upscaled to 1080P when it hits your HDTV. This is why the difference is never great. It's pretty obvious that Kojima didn't work on the XB1 version of MSG5:GZ.He had someone else port it over from the PS4.He didn't make the XB1 version from the ground up, that's for sure. You can easily tell the PS3 and PS4 version were created first and then they just ported the code to the 360 and XB1. Of course it's not going to look at good. LOL!! Now let someone from Microsoft's first party create it from the ground up on the XB1. I bet the game would look identical. I canceled my MSG5:GZ preorder. I know a lot of other people who have as well. $40 for a 2hr game is a joke.

Are you just trolling?

Like I'm dead serious I just can't phantom the thought of you being serious when you say things like that.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#89  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11272 Posts

I hear the EXACT same arguments in the audio world. Are speaker cables snake oil? Is there difference between a $10,000/pair, $100,000/pair and $1,000,000/pair of speakers? Does it really matter which amplifier you power your 10K, 100K or million dollar stereo with? Is analog really better than digital? Can you tell the difference between lossy and lossless sound? And so on.

I remember some one on some audio forum argued that it was all bull, and had "proof" but showing a sound test. There were 6 files.

16 bit 64kps (AAC)

16 bit 128kps (AAC)

16 bit 256kps (MP3)

16 bit 320kps (MP3)

16 bit 1411 kps (FLAC from CD)

and 24 bit 3004 kps FLAC

It was a 10-15 second audio clip with female singer and a few instruments playing, they were labeled as clip 1, clip 2, etc without telling you which was which, you had to place them in correct order, from best sounding to worst.

I listened to them once and was fairly certain which was which, listened to them all again, did not disagree, listened a third time to be sure and my opinion had not changed. So I went for it.

Got 6 out of 6 right, correctly placing each of the six audio clips from highest quality lossless to the most compressed lossy, bear in mind the difference between 1411kps FLAC and 3004 kps FLAC is pretty minimal; both sound great. Sames applies to AAC 64kps and AAC 128kps, both sound shit.

To me, the differences were almost night and day. Only had to listen multiple times because I felt it was a trick question, it just couldn't be that easy/obvious.

I'm not even an audio expert, just a local audiophile.

Where is your god now?

Mr-Kutaragi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Mr-Kutaragi
Member since 2013 • 2466 Posts

Quantum break is cheap wine with dye and Order is expensive? TLHBO!

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11272 Posts

@Mozelleple112: And I'd gladly take a similar test, but for video. I can guarantee my eyes will discern the difference.

if you have

240p

360p

480p

720p

1080p

I'd probably get 7 out 7 right and place the videos in correct order from best to worst.

Provided you gave me an 8K display... (yes I'm looking at you, Panasonic and JVC)

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By kuu2

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@kuu2 said:

@OneLazyAsian said:

oh kuu haha like 100% of other lems please educate yourself. i keep telling lems but they keep spreading their misinformed bs

Whatever mental gymnastics you have to jump through to think this won't make it true. There is absolutely no reason to have black bars at the top and bottom other than to hide the fact that the game can't be in 1080p without them. Please tell me how the black bars help the games overall atmosphere? Letterbox was introduced when 4:3 TVs were the norm, that is not the case any longer.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Shewgenja

@kuu2 said:

Whatever mental gymnastics you have to jump through to think this won't make it true. There is absolutely no reason to have black bars at the top and bottom other than to hide the fact that the game can't be in 1080p without them. Please tell me how the black bars help the games overall atmosphere? Letterbox was introduced when 4:3 TVs were the norm, that is not the case any longer.

Seeing as how the game takes a water shit right down Ryse's throat, what exactly do you want to argue about?

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By kuu2

@Shewgenja said:

@kuu2 said:

Seeing as how the game takes a water shit right down Ryse's throat, what exactly do you want to argue about?

Moogenja I didn't bring up Ryse but since you did it is a launch game and The Order: Letterbox Format should look better than a game a year older than it. Care to answer my questions above, or do you want to deflect some more?

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Shewgenja

@kuu2 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@kuu2 said:

Moogenja I didn't bring up Ryse but since you did it is a launch game and The Order: Letterbox Format should look better than a game a year older than it. Care to answer my questions above, or do you want to deflect some more?

Yeah, it's totally an apples to apples comparison. I mean.. Ready At Dawn is totally a God-tier PC developer with a history of making the best looking games on... Oh wait..

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

@kuu2 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@kuu2 said:

@OneLazyAsian said:

Did u read the article? The order is 1080p so i dont understand wat u are talking about. Black bars are added to make it more cinematic. U get a wider field of view and possibly greater emersion. Resident evil 4 had them for the same purpose, u really think ps4 cant run a nice looking game at 1080p? Lol look at killzone

Look at the comparison pic on this website, at first I hated the idea of black bars but they seem to be working for this game

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/16/the-order-1886-169-1080p-vs-2-401-1920x800-video-and-screenshot-comparison-pixel-count-vs-art/

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By kuu2

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@kuu2 said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@kuu2 said:

@OneLazyAsian said:

Did u read the article? The order is 1080p so i dont understand wat u are talking about. Black bars are added to make it more cinematic. U get a wider field of view and possibly greater emersion. Resident evil 4 had them for the same purpose, u really think ps4 cant run a nice looking game at 1080p? Lol look at killzone

Look at the comparison pic on this website, at first I hated the idea of black bars but they seem to be working for this game

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/16/the-order-1886-169-1080p-vs-2-401-1920x800-video-and-screenshot-comparison-pixel-count-vs-art/

That article is totally bunk. They are stretching a 2.40 screen and saying 'look what would happen if it was the 1.78' which the original screen was never designed to be. It is not 1080p at all and that article states as much (better than 800p but doesn't state 1080p).

Also using KZ is a bad example especially since the textures and LOD in that game are scaled way back in certain segments of the game plus the fog, and lens flare hide the meager draw distance. Is it a good looking game? Yep, but far from console graphics king.

Again this whole 1080p 60fps (which The Order aint by the way) is totally overblown. But if Cows are going to make a big deal of it they better damn well be sure that all their games are instead of cherry picking like they have been doing.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#98  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

@Vatusus said:

@GravityX said:

@Vatusus said:

@GravityX said:

@OneLazyAsian said:

@GravityX said:

@I_can_haz said:

Damage Control.

Well, I'd hope not as it looks extremely linear. Much more linear than Ryse. And yet Ryse in my opinion looks better.

lol if you think Ryse looks better than this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5J_uZrwEL8

you need a new par of glasses

I think its YOUR eyes who are deceiving you...

It does look better and its not as linear. Not to say it looks bad.

But lets again look at the "lens", which is 1.18 tflops compare to 1.84 tflops. The Order should not only look better it should look way better and perform better, with better animation and performance.

"It does look better"

It doesnt. Check your eyes.

"its not as linear"

and how dafuq do ya know that? How did you took that conclusion after seing 5 seconds of The Order footage? When Ryse was 1st shown at E3 it looked like it played on-rails. Dont pull baseless conclusions out of your a**, please or you'll only look like another fanboy

Ryse does look impressive, and we haven't seen gameplay of The Order 1886 enough to compare with. PS4 owners should be happy that X1 is showing amazing graphics aswell, since it means PS4 can go even further.

As for the topic, it's pretty easy to tell de difference between resolutions and framerates. There's no room for opinions on that subject.

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

BS. I am an alcoholic and I would have noticed they tasted the same or were different. Same thing with cocaine. I can tell if it's good quality or been cut to ****.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@I_can_haz said:

Damage Control.

Thanks for your expert opinion! You should contact all those smartphone manufacturers who are selling phones with much higher dpi's than any tv.

Anyways ,this wine tasting experiment proves nothing. Most of the subjects were probably just full of shit trying to sound like wine experts.

I find if expectations are too high then it's easy to be let down. GTA 4 is a good example. If the same exact game had been released by a new dev and had lower scores then gamers wouldn't have been so critical of it.