You can now take screenshots with Xbone

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Antwan3K
Member since 2005 • 8037 Posts

It seems there is a potential reason why the Xbox One screenshot feature took so long to be implemented: The screenshots you share are uncompressed.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/xbox-ones-screenshot-feature-doesnt-compress-images/

By comparison, screenshots shared via PS4 to facebook or twitter are heavily compressed which obviously results in inferior image quality.. And sure there may be work arounds but judging by laughable damage control comments implying that three button presses or a simple voice command are too complicated for taking a screenshot, work arounds for uncompressing then posting PS4 screenshots would be the equivalent of brain surgery right?..

So while, you're damage controlling about how the PS4 had this feature since launch, you might want to give some credit to the Xbox One for arguably providing the better results.

And as a side-note, everyone has different tastes. Sure the PS4 launched with a more "streamlined for gaming" message which obviously resonated very well with early adopter/hardcore gamers while the Xbox One was going for a more "all-in-one gaming and multimedia console" experience which obviously has its own set of advantages for those (like myself) who want their console to rule their living room.. Neither route is inherently superior to the other imo, it simply boils down to personal preference.. In context to this thread, the early disadvantages though seemed to be that Sony made sure to prioritize a number of nice gaming centric features like game hubs, twitch streaming, and screenshots in time for launch. Where by contrast, the Xbox One prioritized a number of multimedia features like TV integration, splitscreen multitasking, instant resume, and more apps capable of running in the background in time for launch. And then there was "resolution gate".. So yea, at launch, and for many months to follow, the comments coming from some of those in this thread were rightfully justified if you leaned one way on the priority scale versus the other..

But I have a couple questions for those that continually use the "b bu but teh PS4 had that since launch!!1!" excuse everytime the Xbox One gets updated with a gaming focused feature that was previously only on PS4.. Do you realize that list of features is almost gone?.. Do you realize that the Xbox One has just as many "gaming features" as the "pure gaming console" that is the PS4 and does many of those features like Twitch, Game Hubs, and now screenshots better than the PS4?.. Do you realize that the "TVBox One" not only has all the gaming features of the PS4, it also arguably has more gaming features with instant resume and external HDD support?.. Do you realize that while the Xbox One can be considered just as capable in terms of a pure gaming console as the PS4, it is still leaps and bounds more capable in terms of an all-in-one multimedia device? Do you know how outdated your arguments are?..

Hey, you had your time in the sun and I hope you enjoyed it.. I also hope you're enjoying your last few opportunities to say "meh the Xbone is just still playing catch up" or "lol the PS4 has been doing that since launch".. Screenshots was probably your last legitimate opportunity to use that same tired damage control.. Or maybe once the Xbox One allows you to stream games to your PC, laptop, and/or tablet, the PS Vita owners may have one last "b bu but" comment.. And as Microsoft continues with update after update after update, month after month after month, with new feature after new feature after new feature, continuing to leave the already "bare bones" PS4 in the dust, I look forward to see what else the spin factory will be able to come up with..

Seeya next month, gentlemen..

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#52  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

The PS4 can do all these things. You can even take a screenshot just by saying "PlayStation - Take Screenshot" without the PS4 Camera.

Here's a screenshot I took from my PS4 using this feature:

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: Wow, way to bury the lead. So what you're saying is now even your game console is telling you, "you really need to find a friend, here's some suggestions..." :P

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54 Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

Sounds like a pain to use. I just tap the share button on ps4 and it's saved when using "easy screenshots" setting. Then again, I only really use it to capture glitches in games or chicks flashing their tits on ustream.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Antwan3K said:

How considerate. Lems can finally see how their games might look if MS hadn't decided to shit the bed.

Anyway, only reason photos are compressed on direct upload is because of server load on Twitter and Facebook. Photos transferred off on USB stick aren't compressed. Better luck next time. Bu bu but snapping and monthly updates (mostly bug fixes and inconsequential shit) with TV gimmicks! No one cares. :)

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

yay can't wait to see how 720p looks upscaled on a TV with 960% the resolution.(that is 4096x2160 for you peasants)

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#57 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@Antwan3K said:

It seems there is a potential reason why the Xbox One screenshot feature took so long to be implemented: The screenshots you share are uncompressed.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/xbox-ones-screenshot-feature-doesnt-compress-images/

By comparison, screenshots shared via PS4 to facebook or twitter are heavily compressed which obviously results in inferior image quality.. And sure there may be work arounds but judging by laughable damage control comments implying that three button presses or a simple voice command are too complicated for taking a screenshot, work arounds for uncompressing then posting PS4 screenshots would be the equivalent of brain surgery right?..

So while, you're damage controlling about how the PS4 had this feature since launch, you might want to give some credit to the Xbox One for arguably providing the better results.

And as a side-note, everyone has different tastes. Sure the PS4 launched with a more "streamlined for gaming" message which obviously resonated very well with early adopter/hardcore gamers while the Xbox One was going for a more "all-in-one gaming and multimedia console" experience which obviously has its own set of advantages for those (like myself) who want their console to rule their living room.. Neither route is inherently superior to the other imo, it simply boils down to personal preference.. In context to this thread, the early disadvantages though seemed to be that Sony made sure to prioritize a number of nice gaming centric features like game hubs, twitch streaming, and screenshots in time for launch. Where by contrast, the Xbox One prioritized a number of multimedia features like TV integration, splitscreen multitasking, instant resume, and more apps capable of running in the background in time for launch. And then there was "resolution gate".. So yea, at launch, and for many months to follow, the comments coming from some of those in this thread were rightfully justified if you leaned one way on the priority scale versus the other..

But I have a couple questions for those that continually use the "b bu but teh PS4 had that since launch!!1!" excuse everytime the Xbox One gets updated with a gaming focused feature that was previously only on PS4.. Do you realize that list of features is almost gone?.. Do you realize that the Xbox One has just as many "gaming features" as the "pure gaming console" that is the PS4 and does many of those features like Twitch, Game Hubs, and now screenshots better than the PS4?.. Do you realize that the "TVBox One" not only has all the gaming features of the PS4, it also arguably has more gaming features with instant resume and external HDD support?.. Do you realize that while the Xbox One can be considered just as capable in terms of a pure gaming console as the PS4, it is still leaps and bounds more capable in terms of an all-in-one multimedia device? Do you know how outdated your arguments are?..

Hey, you had your time in the sun and I hope you enjoyed it.. I also hope you're enjoying your last few opportunities to say "meh the Xbone is just still playing catch up" or "lol the PS4 has been doing that since launch".. Screenshots was probably your last legitimate opportunity to use that same tired damage control.. Or maybe once the Xbox One allows you to stream games to your PC, laptop, and/or tablet, the PS Vita owners may have one last "b bu but" comment.. And as Microsoft continues with update after update after update, month after month after month, with new feature after new feature after new feature, continuing to leave the already "bare bones" PS4 in the dust, I look forward to see what else the spin factory will be able to come up with..

Seeya next month, gentlemen..

One of the best posts I've read in a while. Amen, bro.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@Salt_The_Fries: It's probably a thing because Xbone owners have been mentioning for a long time since the PS4 could take screenshot at launch and those Xbone users wanted the screenshot feature for Xbone. A lot of these updates are just playing catchup, not really worthy of particular praise. It's good that the updates happen, but many of these updates should have been features available for the machine way back in launch 2013.

Suggested Friends and Screenshots were lifted off the PS4...while it's nice that in 2015 screenshots are becoming a thing, the idea of 'double tapping a button and hitting Y' is not very intuitive. Feature shows up late and awkwardly implemented. It sounds like I'm doing a Street Fighter combo to take a simple screenshot on Xbone.

so whens ps4 getting instant resume?

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 GrenadeLauncher

@Salt_The_Fries said:

One of the best posts I've read in a while. Amen, bro.

Delusions attract.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

@mems_1224 said:

@SolidTy said:

@Salt_The_Fries: It's probably a thing because Xbone owners have been mentioning for a long time since the PS4 could take screenshot at launch and those Xbone users wanted the screenshot feature for Xbone. A lot of these updates are just playing catchup, not really worthy of particular praise. It's good that the updates happen, but many of these updates should have been features available for the machine way back in launch 2013.

Suggested Friends and Screenshots were lifted off the PS4...while it's nice that in 2015 screenshots are becoming a thing, the idea of 'double tapping a button and hitting Y' is not very intuitive. Feature shows up late and awkwardly implemented. It sounds like I'm doing a Street Fighter combo to take a simple screenshot on Xbone.

Shhhh... Haven't you heard? Being able to capture compressed screenshots is so much more relevant than being able to walk away with your console on standby and then power it on and instantly jump into action where you left.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 GrenadeLauncher

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@mems_1224 said:

@SolidTy said:

Shhhh... Haven't you heard? Being able to capture compressed screenshots is so much more relevant than being able to walk away with your console on standby and then power it on and instantly jump into action where you left.

I'm surprised lems have a game to suspend.

Had the same on my Vita for a long time now, it's not all the lems crack it up to be.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Salt_The_Fries

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@mems_1224 said:

@SolidTy said:

Had the same on my Vita for a long time now, it's not all the lems crack it up to be.

LOLVita, Nintendo DS had it before even PSP. And talk about a system with no games.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 mems_1224

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@mems_1224 said:

@SolidTy said:

lol ps4 doesn't even have the same basic functionality that sony's dead handheld has

lol pos4 lol

Scipio8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Scipio8
Member since 2013 • 937 Posts

so when is PS4 getting Suspend resume? Lulz

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@mems_1224 said:

@SolidTy said:

That feature is inconsistent and glitchy on Xbone. It's all over Xbox.com forums and I've lost a few saves trying to implement it. It works a game by game basis. It's a worthless features unless it works 100% of the time.

Shhhhh...haven't you heard, it's better to misinform non-Xbone owners into bragging about half assed features that to fess up with honesty?

Unfortunately, I've had a few bad experiences on Xbone's Suspend and Resume. It only takes one time of not working (and losing progress) to put you off from suspending and resuming. It works but it's inconsistent. Of course, I've had my Xbone since launch 2013 so I understand if you have a new Xbone it may take awhile for you to run into the problems of suspend/resume compared to someone who's had the machine for over a year. The more games you have, the more chances you are taking that suspend/resume won't work. It's a game by game thing. I can tell you it seems to work great with some games and poorly with other games. It depends on the developer, the latest update, etc.

A feature like this though is very aggravating if it doesn't work right. It's one of those it has to work 100% of the time or not at all because losing game progress is a terrible feeling.

If Sony does do suspend/resume like they do on Vita, I hope it works well.

Although there are many threads, here's just three of many threads on Xbox.com talking about the saves and progress users lost on the Suspend and Resume feature being unreliable:

Suspend and resume does not work (thread title).

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/t/1714609.aspx

---

Suspend and resume is broken and unreliable (Thread title ).

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/p/1780551/4819471.aspx

---

Quick game resume not working after last update (Jan 2015 thread title)

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/p/1908634/5158451.aspx

The suspend and resume feature is handled differently by different games (probably due to their resource requirements). Games like Forza 5 and Battlefield 4 seem to struggle with the suspend and resume feature but other games I have had resume the next day after using multiple other apps.

-

However it seems that games will close when loading apps.

Its very frustrating to lose hours of progress in DR3.

-

The feature does work inconsistently, so you should really be saving your progress when you exit the game.

I'm so cautious though, especially after all these headaches for what was supposed to be convenient.

I probably won't use the feature when they roll it out on PS4 either. I don't have a lot of time to game so when I do, I want to make sure all my save is intact. In a perfect world though, yeah, I'm all for the feature.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 mems_1224

@SolidTy said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@mems_1224 said:

@SolidTy said:

That feature is inconsistent and glitchy on Xbone. It's all over Xbox.com forums and I've lost a few saves trying to implement it. It works a game by game basis. It's a worthless features unless it works 100% of the time.

Shhhhh...haven't you heard, it's better to misinform non-Xbone owners into bragging about half assed features that to fess up with honesty?

Unfortunately, I've had a few bad experiences on Xbone's Suspend and Resume. It only takes one time of not working (and losing progress) to put you off from suspending and resuming. It works but it's inconsistent. Of course, I've had my Xbone since launch 2013 so I understand if you have a new Xbone it may take awhile for you to run into the problems of suspend/resume compared to someone who's had the machine for over a year. The more games you have, the more chances you are taking that suspend/resume won't work. It's a game by game thing. I can tell you it seems to work great with some games and poorly with other games. It depends on the developer, the latest update, etc.

A feature like this though is very aggravating if it doesn't work right. It's one of those it has to work 100% of the time or not at all because losing game progress is a terrible feeling.

Although there are many threads, here's just three of many threads on Xbox.com talking about the saves and progress users lost on the Suspend and Resume feature being unreliable:

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/t/1714609.aspx

---

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/p/1780551/4819471.aspx

---

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/xbox_one_support/f/4269/p/1908634/5158451.aspx

The suspend and resume feature is handled differently by different games (probably due to their resource requirements). Games like Forza 5 and Battlefield 4 seem to struggle with the suspend and resume feature but other games I have had resume the next day after using multiple other apps.

-

-

The feature does work inconsistently, so you should really be saving your progress when you exit the game.

I'm so cautious though, especially after all these headaches for what was supposed to be convenient.

I probably won't use the feature when they roll it out on PS4 either. I don't have a lot of time to game so when I do, I want to make sure all my save is intact. In a perfect world though, yeah, I'm all for the feature.

sucks to be you. its worked fine for me across multiple games and i've never lost progress. doesn't change the fact that the ps4 is missing features my 3ds can do.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 SolidTy

@mems_1224 said:

@SolidTy said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@mems_1224 said:

@SolidTy said:

---

---

-

-

sucks to be you. its worked fine for me across multiple games and i've never lost progress. doesn't change the fact that the ps4 is missing features my 3ds can do.

Sucks to be all those thousands of Xbone buyers complaining at Xbox.com too.

As I said, it seems to depend on the game, perhaps you haven't played the same games as the rest of us.

You are right, the PS4 is missing the feature Vita and 3DS can do fine, but Xbone can not.

Unfortunately, in your attempts to damage control you forgot we are in a thread about screenshots and not Suspend Resume.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 mems_1224

@SolidTy said:

@mems_1224 said:

@SolidTy said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

@mems_1224 said:

@SolidTy said:

---

---

-

-

As I said, it seems to depend on the game, perhaps you haven't played the same games as the rest of us.

You are right, the PS4 is missing the feature Vita and 3DS can do fine, but Xbone can not.

Unfortunately, in your attempts to damage control you forgot we are in a thread about screenshots and not Suspend Resume.

xbox does it fine. ps4 should have had instant resume since launch. alot of its updates are just playing catch up and aren't worth mentioning.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SolidTy

@mems_1224 said:

@SolidTy said:

@mems_1224 said:

@SolidTy said:

---

---

-

-

xbox does it fine. ps4 should have had instant resume since launch. alot of its updates are just playing catch up and aren't worth mentioning.

Not according to my experiences or the three links I provided (and there is many more), the Xbone does it inconsistently. Even if it does it 95% of the time, it's one of those features that has to be 100% or nothing.

PS4 should have had it, definitely. Maybe they realized what Xbone should have realized that it's the type of feature that works all the time or don't implement it at all. I'm not these companies, so I don't know. I am just a consumer who can report his LAUNCH experiences to those that just got their new machines or don't have any new machines.

The PS4 doesn't have it at all and the Xbone is inconsistent, Some games work great and others nope.

A lot of the Xbone's updates have been playing catch up and aren't worth mentioning, it's true...like this screenshot feature.

So much chatter about the wrong topic though. This thread is about screenshots on Xbone.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#70 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@Antwan3K said:

How considerate. Lems can finally see how their games might look if MS hadn't decided to shit the bed.

Anyway, only reason photos are compressed on direct upload is because of server load on Twitter and Facebook. Photos transferred off on USB stick aren't compressed. Better luck next time. Bu bu but snapping and monthly updates (mostly bug fixes and inconsequential shit) with TV gimmicks! No one cares. :)

Not 100% true about the usb stick. Files still are under 1MB for 1080p pics, which makes them still compressed when they range around 400-700kb, but not as bad as Twitter and Facebook that makes pics go under 300kb even. For 1080p JPGs 1MB and higher is required to avoid nearly all compression, and JPGs are laughable in this day and age with PNG around, which always beats it. I capture PS4 screenshots with my capture cards in both JPG and PNG though PNG 99% of the time and whenever I do JPG screens they are always over 1MB. Sony should should ditch JPG and go with PNG like Microsoft did.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 mems_1224

@SolidTy said:

@mems_1224 said:

@SolidTy said:

@mems_1224 said:

@SolidTy said:

---

---

-

-

Not according to my experiences or the three links I provided, it does it poorly. Even if it does it 95% of the time, it's one of those features that has to be 100% or nothing.

PS4 should have had it, definitely. Maybe they realized what Xbone should have realized that it's the type of feature that works all the time or don't implement it at all.

A lot of the Xbone's updates have been playing catch up and aren't worth mentioning, it's true.

So much chatter about the wrong topic though. This thread is about screenshots on Xbone.

you're the one that brought up the ps4. maybe you should have stayed on topic. doesn't change the fact that the ps4 os is probably the worst os of the 3 new consoles. sony should fix that one day and actually fulfill the promises they made at their reveal.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By SolidTy

@mems_1224 said:

@SolidTy said:

@mems_1224 said:

@SolidTy said:

@mems_1224 said:

@SolidTy said:

---

---

-

-

Not according to my experiences or the three links I provided, it does it poorly. Even if it does it 95% of the time, it's one of those features that has to be 100% or nothing.

PS4 should have had it, definitely. Maybe they realized what Xbone should have realized that it's the type of feature that works all the time or don't implement it at all.

A lot of the Xbone's updates have been playing catch up and aren't worth mentioning, it's true.

you're the one that brought up the ps4. maybe you should have stayed on topic. doesn't change the fact that the ps4 os is probably the worst os of the 3 new consoles. sony should fix that one day and actually fulfill the promises they made at their reveal.

You just keep jumping around, lol. Suspend doesn't work right and it's documented. Sceenshots is late and copied, but it's a welcome addition.

The Xbone OS is terrible and the worst OS of the three new consoles. It's pretty to look at but it's more advertising friendly than user friendly.

Besides the fact I actually own all three machines and have tested this, Gamespot.com highlighted how awful the Xbone OS/Ui is a few months ago. Tha'ts o

That is one of the worst myths that rabid lemmings have been trying to perpetuate to the masses, it's not true. There have been sites and videos explaining why to the average person who doesn't own an Xbone. I do own an Xbone, and the UI is not good.

GS covered the Xbone OS/UI as well in the Xbone One Year Anniversary video:

Lucy James found the Xbone UI difficult to navigate the UI with a controller and how you are forced to use Kinect shortcuts (if you have a Kinect model). She felt the interface was actively out to get her.

Kevin VanOrd (owns the Xbone) called the Xbone UI " a stupid mess". "It's More designed to advertise" to users than let him do the things he wants.

Seb Ford said the Xbone UI was Clumsy, confusing, snap isn't particularly intuitive...even changing settings is really frustrating.

Rob Crossley said the Xbone "Operating system and UI is so bad" and "atrocious" that he found M$'s team choices Genuinely shocking and fascinating. He can't believe how many bad decisions on the UI were allowed to be in the Xbone.

Cam Robinson said the Xbone UI needs to be completely redone for him to consider buying an Xbone instead of using the Xbone at the office.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 mems_1224

@SolidTy said:

You just keep jumping around, lol. Sceenshots is late and copied.

The Xbone OS is terrible and the worst OS of the three new consoles.

Besides the fact I actually own all three machines and have tested this, Gamespot.com highlighted how awful the Xbone OS/Ui is a few months ago:

They covered the Xbone OS/UI as well in the Xbone One Year Anniversary video:

Lucy James found the Xbone UI difficult to navigate the UI with a controller and how you are forced to use Kinect shortcuts (if you have a Kinect model). She felt the interface was actively out to get her.

Kevin VanOrd (owns the Xbone) called the Xbone UI " a stupid mess". "It's More designed to advertise" to users than let him do the things he wants.

Seb Ford said the Xbone UI was Clumsy, confusing, snap isn't particularly intuitive...even changing settings is really frustrating.

Rob Crossley said the Xbone "Operating system and UI is so bad" and "atrocious" that he found M$'s team choices Genuinely shocking and fascinating. He can't believe how many bad decisions on the UI were allowed to be in the Xbone.

Cam Robinson said the Xbone UI needs to be completely redone for him to consider buying an Xbone instead of using the Xbone at the office.

and yet sony still hasn't fulfilled the promises it made when they announced the ps4 2 years ago. sounds like they're the ones playing catch up.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By SolidTy
@mems_1224 said:

@SolidTy said:

You just keep jumping around, lol. Suspend doesn't work right and it's documented. Sceenshots is late and copied, but it's a welcome addition.

The Xbone OS is terrible and the worst OS of the three new consoles. It's pretty to look at but it's more advertising friendly than user friendly.

Besides the fact I actually own all three machines and have tested this, Gamespot.com highlighted how awful the Xbone OS/Ui is a few months ago. Tha'ts o

That is one of the worst myths that rabid lemmings have been trying to perpetuate to the masses, it's not true. There have been sites and videos explaining why to the average person who doesn't own an Xbone. I do own an Xbone, and the UI is not good.

and yet sony still hasn't fulfilled the promises it made when they announced the ps4 2 years ago. sounds like they're the ones playing catch up.

Jumping again? You claimed the marketing friendly Xbone OS was good but it's not documented by users and even here at Gamespot.com. You claimed suspend is good, but it's not documented by myself and thousands of users complaining across the internet, youtube, and Xbox.com. I've provided evidence, you have provided nothing.

I will grant you that it is true Sony has not fulfilled the Suspend feature as I already said. I didn't bring that up though. Shame on Sony. Oh well. I wouldn't use it anyways after having such poor experiences on Xbone. It only takes ONE TIME of losing hours of progress and I'm done. However, if you want Sony to change and add in suspend and resume, assuming you even have a next gen console, take that up with Sony.

Regarding this topic? Suggested Friends and Screenshots were lifted off the PS4. Hopefully Sony lifts something off of the Xbone, if not whatever. Share Play is certainly innovative and I expect Xbox to copy that as well. I would rather get revolutionary new features like Share Play than get a broken Suspend Resume. Hell, I would take Share Play over a perfectly functional Suspend Resume. Still, it's true, Sony should implement it like they did on the Vita.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 mems_1224

@SolidTy said:
@mems_1224 said:

@SolidTy said:

Jumping again? You claimed the marketing friendly Xbone OS was good but it's not documented by users and even here at Gamespot.com. You claimed suspend is good, but it's not documented by myself and thousands of users complaining across the internet, youtube, and Xbox.com. I've provided evidence, you have provided nothing.

I will grant you that It is true Sony has not fulfilled the Suspend feature. I didn't bring that up though. Oh well. I wouldn't use it anyways after having such poor experiences on Xbone. However, if you want that to change assuming you even have a next gen console, take that up with Sony.

Regarding this topic? Suggested Friends and Screenshots were lifted off the PS4. Hopefully Sony lifts something off of the Xbone, if not whatever. Share Play is certainly innovative and I expect Xbox to copy that as well.

even if thousands of user complained its still a vast minority of xbone users. irrelevant point. suspend isn't the only feature sony has failed to deliver. can you instantly stream demos of games yet? there are plenty of other features they promised and haven't delivered on or half ass delivered on. xbox has radically changed the OS since launch, meanwhile, the ps4's is basically the same with minor improvements and all the same problems like the garbage friends list.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#76 cainetao11  Online
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidTy: Not just PS4, Wii U has also had this ability since launch. In fact, even the two handhelds have supported screen caps for a while now. I was actually under the impression that Xbox One supported screenshots, albeit only with Kinect. When I discovered that was not the case yesterday, I was a bit taken aback. Better late than never, definitely, but I am curious as to why it took them a year and three months to get the ball rolling.

I've known since launch it didn't do it because I have a launch $500 Xbone + Kinect and one day I was trying to take a screenshot and I couldn't. I went online and saw posters on Xbox.com and other websites begging for the feature. That's when I knew. That was over a year ago. It's good they listen, but it sucks it took so long.

Regarding the Wii U, the screenshot features is very, very limited in my experience as you can't save the pics (you can post them on Miiverse though), it doesn't work with every game according to Nintendo, and you have to load up Miiverse in the middle of the game (which is annoyingly long to load) and post the screenshot there. I couldn't take the picture and post it on other sites (like facebook or whatever). I'm glad the Wii U can do it, but it's not implemented in a way that is user friendly. I did this back in 2012 when the Wii U was brand new, so I don't know about any changes, but it seems Nintendo has those screenshots on lockdown to promote using Miiverse (which I actually don't enjoy the Miiverse personally). I don't believe M$ is taking cues from Nintendo's Wii U with regards to this feature at least.

I know your Wii U is newer, so maybe you tinkered with it more lately? You are right, these other machines did have screenshots on them so it's rather surprising how late the Xbone is behind the game.

----

EDIT: I decided to not wait and looked it up.

It looks like Nintendo had an update that allows users to upload pics to the internet now. Yay. :P I'm going to mess about with this later this week to see the limits.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7760

It looks like it's not very quick or intuitive still (in terms of pausing the game and tinkering with internet uploads), but you can now upload to the internet which is nice if you want to save the screen.

I just used my Kinect to take pictures of my sac, and sent it to people on Live....................I bet they screen shots coming in now!!! LOL.......................................

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By SolidTy

@mems_1224 said:

@SolidTy said:
@mems_1224 said:

@SolidTy said:

I will grant you that it is true Sony has not fulfilled the Suspend feature as I already said. I didn't bring that up though. Shame on Sony. Oh well. I wouldn't use it anyways after having such poor experiences on Xbone. It only takes ONE TIME of losing hours of progress and I'm done. However, if you want Sony to change and add in suspend and resume, assuming you even have a next gen console, take that up with Sony.

Regarding this topic? Suggested Friends and Screenshots were lifted off the PS4. Hopefully Sony lifts something off of the Xbone, if not whatever. Share Play is certainly innovative and I expect Xbox to copy that as well. I would rather get revolutionary new features like Share Play than get a broken Suspend Resume. Hell, I would take Share Play over a perfectly functional Suspend Resume. Still, it's true, Sony should implement it like they did on the Vita.

even if thousands of user complained its still a vast minority of xbone users. irrelevant point. suspend isn't the only feature sony has failed to deliver. can you instantly stream demos of games yet? there are plenty of other features they promised and haven't delivered on or half ass delivered on. xbox has radically changed the OS since launch, meanwhile, the ps4's is basically the same with minor improvements and all the same problems like the garbage friends list.

I'm not taking count, but it could be millions of users that are experiencing problems. Not everyone that has an issue even bothers to complain, some just quietly accept a feature doesn't work as advertised, reads about it online, and never uses it again. I am not a demo person so I have no idea about streaming demos on PS4, but can't PSNow do that? I don't use that service as I'm a collector, but it's all about streaming and when I was in the beta I was able to stream demos. Personally, my backlog is so massive, I don't even have time demos and I said this last gen before the Xbone and PS4 existed. That said, if Sony promised streaming demos and those aren't in PSNow yet, they should get on that. Call Sony and let them know, but check PSNow first of course.

It's true Xbox is making strides, like this "Suggested Friends" and "Screenshots" 2015 addition. That's good. I want a more functional Xbone as it felt so crippled when it launched lacking many features that I expected out of the most expensive current gen machines. However, I would say they were forced to fix and update their Xbone OS because they were lagging behind, not because they started out grand. Sony has done less updates, but that's because they started in a better position with regards to their speedy and functional OS, albeit it was more barebones. It comes down to having a good/decent foundation and building on that.

IMO, both my Xbone and PS4 machine have yet to come close to getting me to remove my PS3 and 360 from the livingroom. In that respect, these machines have a ways to go.

Do you own an Xbone and PS4? I'm curious what kind of gamer I'm talking to right now.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 cainetao11  Online

@ten_pints said:
@SuddenlyTragic said:

@Heil68 said:

Current gen 8 console leader PS4 has been able to do this since launch.

Yet no HBO GO, WatchESPN or other relevant sports apps, FX Now, or any good apps for that matter other than Netflix and YouTube (which took forever to come to the PS4 by the way). And remind me why the PS4 is the "current gen 8 console leader?" Is it because of all of the amazing exclusives?

Because it's focused on being a games console and not a TV box maybe?

Guess your right. Not like the games have to be good in order to be games

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By SolidTy

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy said:

@charizard1605 said:

@SolidTy: Not just PS4, Wii U has also had this ability since launch. In fact, even the two handhelds have supported screen caps for a while now. I was actually under the impression that Xbox One supported screenshots, albeit only with Kinect. When I discovered that was not the case yesterday, I was a bit taken aback. Better late than never, definitely, but I am curious as to why it took them a year and three months to get the ball rolling.

I've known since launch it didn't do it because I have a launch $500 Xbone + Kinect and one day I was trying to take a screenshot and I couldn't. I went online and saw posters on Xbox.com and other websites begging for the feature. That's when I knew. That was over a year ago. It's good they listen, but it sucks it took so long.

Regarding the Wii U, the screenshot features is very, very limited in my experience as you can't save the pics (you can post them on Miiverse though), it doesn't work with every game according to Nintendo, and you have to load up Miiverse in the middle of the game (which is annoyingly long to load) and post the screenshot there. I couldn't take the picture and post it on other sites (like facebook or whatever). I'm glad the Wii U can do it, but it's not implemented in a way that is user friendly. I did this back in 2012 when the Wii U was brand new, so I don't know about any changes, but it seems Nintendo has those screenshots on lockdown to promote using Miiverse (which I actually don't enjoy the Miiverse personally). I don't believe M$ is taking cues from Nintendo's Wii U with regards to this feature at least.

I know your Wii U is newer, so maybe you tinkered with it more lately? You are right, these other machines did have screenshots on them so it's rather surprising how late the Xbone is behind the game.

----

EDIT: I decided to not wait and looked it up.

It looks like Nintendo had an update that allows users to upload pics to the internet now. Yay. :P I'm going to mess about with this later this week to see the limits.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7760

It looks like it's not very quick or intuitive still (in terms of pausing the game and tinkering with internet uploads), but you can now upload to the internet which is nice if you want to save the screen.

I just used my Kinect to take pictures of my sac, and sent it to people on Live....................I bet they screen shots coming in now!!! LOL.......................................

This is the true reason why I love technology. Say what you will about how far we have evolved technologically, spiritually, and morally as a species, but you better not think of removing my ability to sent uplifting pics of my nutz to my compadres using fiber optics. When mankind was putting those satellites in space many a yesteryear, I was dreaming of how that amazing feat could help me achieve better long lens orbital angles of my sac. I never realized those man made satellites could beam my sac to my mates at near light speeds.

How far we have come.

As the late great Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. once said in August 28th, 1963 at the Lincoln Memorial, Washington D.C.:

"I Have a Dream".

It's nice to know you share those dreams.

Was it too much?

That's what HE said!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 cainetao11  Online

@SolidTy:

LMAO!!!! Sometimes I either want to fire randomly from my window at people, or post something non sensical like that.

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 GrenadeLauncher

@mems_1224 said:

lol ps4 doesn't even have the same basic functionality that sony's dead handheld has

lol pos4 lol

Like I said, it's nothing worth crawling out of bed for.

Keep damage controlling the Xbone's shit UI, lems.

@Salt_The_Fries said:

LOLVita, Nintendo DS had it before even PSP. And talk about a system with no games.

But I already am talking about the Xbone.

@Scipio8 said:

so when is PS4 getting Suspend resume? Lulz

So when is Xbone getting games, Insipid8?

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Antwan3K

@SolidTy: Let me start by saying that if you have had bad experiences with your console, I feel your pain. That sucks. Period.

That being said, if you do an internet search, you'll always find people saying that they've had problems with a particular feature of a product. Your assertion that Instant Resume is "inconsistent" because you managed to find forum entries from an internet search is the definition of "weak".. I've never had an issue with Instant Resume on my console and neither has any of my friends who also own Xbox One's. It's an awesome feature that I enjoy and a feature that my PS4 buddies readily admit they want on their console. My friends who own both consoles feel that it is a clear advantage for the Xbox One in terms of hopping back into your game quickly.. Trying to devalue this by citing the relatively small subset of people who've experienced issues is almost sad.. especially since you try (and fail) to appear to be an "unbiased" owner of all systems..

For example, you said you like SharePlay.. well a quick internet search will pull up plenty of articles of people having problems with SharePlay. Does that make SharePlay inconsistent?.. maybe, maybe not.. But as a supposedly "unbiased" gamer who owns both systems, why try and bash Instant Resume with examples of people having issues yet you praise SharePlay even though people have had issues with that service as well?.. How about the PS4 messages feature?.. an internet search about that shows that people are having massive problems sending/receiving messages on the console so is it fair to say that PS4 messaging sucks?. I mean, maybe this is a relatively small number of people and/or maybe this is happening to the vast majority of PS4 owners.. who knows?.. since we can't say for sure, what's the point of bringing it up?.. If you've personally experienced a malfunction, fine. Bring up your personal experience for discussion but let's not pretend that just because YOU had an issue with Instant Resume, that somehow discredits the fact that me, mems_1224, and many others haven't had a single issue with the feature..

When it comes to that sort of thing, we can give our personal view on the matter but overall, we have to assume that these features work as advertised .. citing the few unlucky people who've had issues is pointless and is basically nothing more than damage control or trolling.. The same thing applies to your insistence that the Xbox One UI is slow, clunky, and hard to use. If that's your opinion, that's fine. And if it makes you feel better that you can do an internet search to find others that share your opinion, great.. There's still plenty of people that would disagree with you and those people can be found via an internet search as well.. At the end of the day, you have your preference and you are surely entitled to such.. But pretending that your opinion is somehow validated because you can cherrypick Google searches is just plain silly when I can do the exact same thing from the opposite perspective..

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Salt_The_Fries

@Antwan3K - stop making sense, you're going to infect the boards

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Antwan3K

@Salt_The_Fries: lol, I know right.. let's get back on-topic: Xbox One screenshots > PS4 screenshots.. #xboxwon

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By SolidTy
@SolidTy said:

@Salt_The_Fries said:

---

---

-

-

@Antwan3K:

Dude, you equated Share Play to Suspend Resume. Gimme a break...I admit that notion is comical, haha.

I speak about features and issues that I've dealt with. I own a Wii U and find going to just check the Wii U settings a rough experience due to loading times. If someone makes a thread or point about the Wii U OS loading times. I'm there and I will comment on my experience and hell, I may be even throw in youtube or other users points at Nintendo.com. Of course, Wii U fanboys will be angry because like you Xbone guys, you feel we caught you with your pants down. We didn't. I'm not exposing you or any fanboys, I'm exposting a real issue with a "features" that thousands of users, maybe millions have issue with. However, if someone says Miiverse isn't working, I don't go to Miiverse or use that so I won't talk about Miiverse working. I may post that Miiverse sucks because I don't like it and I think it's a waste of WIi U resources, but that's me. I may even post about others that share that opinion, or not. If someone posts about Playstation 3 Home, I bash Home or post about how I don't use it. It's real simple. I comment on things I use and had good luck with or bad. I will cite other points to show I'm not alone sometimes just as others are free to do, but rest assured I've personally had problems with suspend resume (and have countless others all across the net) which I've covered, lulz.

This whole "Let's Talk about Suspend Resume in a screenshots thread fellow lemmings!" is major damage control. You are now the fourth lemming to jump in and try to change the topic to a broken suspend resume.

If Share Play doesn't work, you wouldn't lose game progress (unless you pass the controls to a troll, but that means Share Play works). It is a completely different thing. It's a social way to pass your controller from you to a friend...over miles. The idea is recreating couch co op using streaming.

You may as well compare Netflix and Suspend Resume while you are at it. How about comparing Suspend Resume to Party Chat? It's so random, why not? Party Chat is notoriously well known to be not as good as 360. Let's just talk about everything and play change the subject? C'mon, let's be real.

When Suspend Resume doesn't work, you lose hours of work.

Furthermore, I have many friends that have had issues with Suspend Resume in RL with their Xbones and people here at Gamespot.com as well. Suspend is inconsistent for them which is why they don't use it anymore. Instead of citing personal references like you laughably tried to do to hide this atrocious problem, I used Xbox.com (multiple threads) to point it out so people could read these complaints. There's probably thousands of complaints or more on the issue, and I cited only three because this is a forum. I didn't bring my friends up because it's more anecdotal evidence. We all learned the hard way to avoid suspend resume. Even when it works 99% of the time, you lose 1%...that's it. Losing hours of work sucks and you take it on the chin and move on.

To be honest, I have no idea how much you play your Xbone or what games you play, BUT I don't believe if you played all the games I played you wouldn't run into this problem. Whatever though, if you aren't lying then good luck for the next 5 years of owning the Xbone and using suspend.

You attempting to minimize the horrible Suspend experience by using terms like "a few unlucky people" is wildly inaccurate, especially while yourself cite unseen personal "friends" as your answer to how great Suspend is. Perhaps your RL friends know how Gung Ho you are about all things Xbox that when you bring up your Xbox rules sentiments they just go along for the ride, but when you aren't around they acknoledge real issues like suspend resume. Who knows, right? That's what you've opened up, it's friendly conjecture. Your friends who own both machines....lol, why isn't that you? Why do you have to fish from them advantages...right. Unlike you, some of us have all the machines.

I don't know why you bothered to quote, if only to one of the most biased lemmings here to give you praise for coming to his pooly mounted defense...because at least you got that. BTW, the other lemming mems, you assume has an Xbone...he said no such thing. He's a lem from the 360 days. You don't even know what he owns.

Do you even own all the systems? Who am I talking too? Someone with mountains of experience or another xbot in defense mode?

Don't worry, it was rhetorical, I already know, lol.

I understand you Xbox ONLY!!!! users. I get it. You are stuck in the M$ ecosystem and have no choice but to play the role of a M$ apologist on these boards and work unofficial Xbox PR in forums part time. I get it. However, you have to realize that at the end of the day, we all know you guys only own one machine and are playing a role in a forum. In RL, you are just a single console owner who buys M$ launch products and sings praises whenever possible. It's okay. I don't mind that, but if you are going to try to play this quote game, let's be real. I know where you stand and you know I am not as limited as you in terms of what machines I have access too.

Just in case, there is a HUGE divide in the kinds of gamers we are. We are not on equal footing gaming experience wise.

When we are, I will understand your points in greater detail, but until that day, you are just another guy who loves his Xbox platforms and I just can't relate to playing on one single platforms services despite the fact I have over 125,000 Gamerscore and love the Xbox gaming setup.

Here's some personal pictures to give you an idea of the gamer I am and how my experiences are far different than yours because talk is cheap and pictures are worth a thousand words:

When Playstation 3/4 screws up, I power up my PC, Wii U, 360, Xbone, or Wii. When my Wii U screws up, I power up my Xbone, PC, Wii, PS3, 360, or PS4. When my Xbone screws up, I power up my 360s, PC, Wii, Wii U, PS3, or PS4. You guys don't have that luxury. It's always the same Xbox apologlist angles to justify you being stuck in the Xbox ecoystem. You have no choices, so you may as well defend your poor choices for the world to see. I own all the handhelds too.

The Xbone UI is clunky according to Gamespot.com by the way and various other sites. It is clunky to many users here as well....and it's clunky to me. I learned this when I bought the damn thing at launch and realized how hidden everything was to make things look pretty. They've made some refinements, but they have A LONG WAY to go to achieve 360 level, even blade level goodness. Gamespot.com covered the clunky Xbone UI only a few months ago celebrating the Xbone's ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY. You already know this and pretended otherwise because I've already had this conversation with you. A lot of damage control you did though, bravo. It was like you went out of your way to confuse the issue, but no one actually cares but a handful of raging lemmings and us.

Gamespot.com highlighted how awful the Xbone OS/Ui is a few months ago.

"That is one of the worst myths that rabid lemmings have been trying to perpetuate to the masses, it's not true. There have been sites and videos explaining why to the average person who doesn't own an Xbone. I do own an Xbone, and the UI is not good.

GS covered the Xbone OS/UI as well in the Xbone One Year Anniversary video:"

@Salt_The_Fries said:

It didn't make sense, lol. It was just lemming damage control, shame on both of you. :)

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Damn, I figured this was a day 1 feature lol.

EZs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 EZs
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

@lostrib said:

That seems like an unnecessary number of button presses

Yep, the PS4 can do it with just a single button press.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 thedork_knight
Member since 2011 • 2664 Posts

Wow this has gone off topic, but hey at least XBO it has the feature now, both systems are missing features which were promised or available on last gen systems. And too the people complaining its too many button presses, grow the **** up wow it aint that much of a hardship

@SolidTy said:

Gamespot.com highlighted how awful the Xbone OS/Ui is a few months ago.

"That is one of the worst myths that rabid lemmings have been trying to perpetuate to the masses, it's not true. There have been sites and videos explaining why to the average person who doesn't own an Xbone. I do own an Xbone, and the UI is not good.

GS covered the Xbone OS/UI as well in the Xbone One Year Anniversary video:"

Â

@Salt_The_Fries said:

It didn't make sense, lol. It was just lemming damage control, shame on both of you. :)

Why is it damage control? You stated and showed forum posts of people unhappy with suspend/resume and he countered with saying its easy to find posts on the internet with people unhappy with shareplay.

See we all can do it

Just because you say and write an essay telling people how much better you are and how much more of a "gamer" you are doesnt mean its true. The same with posting quotes from GS staff their opinion doesnt mean it fact, its so easy to find quotes from people who enjoy the layout of the XBO dashboard

"To be honest, I have no idea how much you play your Xbone or what games you play, BUT I don't believe if you played all the games I played you wouldn't run into this problem."

WTF how can you say this? how do you know what and how he plays? Chill that ego of yours

You attempting to minimize the horrible Suspend experience by using terms like "a few unlucky people" is wildly inaccurate, especially while yourself cite unseen personal "friends" as your answer to how great Suspend is

A few unlucky people is underestimating the situation but claiming he has unseen friends is sounding like you cutching at straws, how do you know he and his friends aren't having good experiences with it?

I understand you Xbox ONLY!!!! users. I get it. You are stuck in the M$ ecosystem and have no choice but to play the role of a M$ apologist on these boards and work unofficial Xbox PR in forums part time. I get it. However, you have to realize that at the end of the day, we all know you guys only own one machine and are playing a role in a forum. In RL, you are just a single console owner who buys M$ launch products and sings praises whenever possible. It's okay. I don't mind that, but if you are going to try to play this quote game, let's be real. I know where you stand and you know I am not as limited as you in terms of what machines I have access too.

Funny never see you comment like this when cows/sheep bang on about other systems having problems or if their defending their system not having certain features. Cow/lems/sheep are just as bad as each other

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Antwan3K

@thedork_knight: you took the words right out of my mouth.. great post sir.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By SolidTy

@thedork_knight: After all these years, I finally rattled you enough to speak more with this current account. ;) Which current gen systems do you have? Any at all? A month ago you still had nothing but were salivating for that Xbone goodness. I suspect you are just as limited as our friend here with regards to current gen.

Regarding friends this and that, he said his friends, but my friends, and their friends, and Xbone Party chat sucks but no not any more, but oh yeah suspend resume but oh yeah Share Play but oh yeah this is a screenshots thread!...that was my point, it was all anecdotal, what can really be said that has any worth at this point. Nothing.

You not having a real opinion on Share Play but trying to link isn't the same as me having real problems with suspend and ALSO linking multiple threads. You must know the difference. You have no experience with a product, but you are capable as any of using Google. Congrats, but I own the product and I had issues and so have many users here at GS that I've spoken too. The three links were just for those damage control super lemmings that don't take kindly to anecdotal evidence.

The off topic damage control was reactionary. It was a fanboy defense mode because they didn't like these features being implemented late. I said enough on this subject. It's alllllllll good.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By SolidTy
@Antwan3K said:

@thedork_knight: you took the words right out of my mouth.. great post sir.

Nice, you had that in his mouth.

I remember him last month then too, but he doesn't own any of these machines. He just argues from the sidelines as a lemon supporter. You are right, summoning lemmings to this thread is going well. You Xboys are bouncing the ball around. As long as no one talks about Screenshots...

XDF Unite!

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong but this whole video maker/screenshot thing--Doesn't this negate sony/ms ability to claim videos, if the machines advertise that the user can do such?

Antwan3K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Antwan3K

@SolidTy: Gonna keep this as short and simple as possible:

* I compared SharePlay and Suspend/Resume simply to illustrate that people have had problems with both features.. An internet search shows this.. Yet you praise one service and bash the other.. Thats your right and your opinion but your cherrypicked internet references only serve to show your bias more than anything else.. For alot of people SharePlay works great.. For alot of people Suspend/Resume works great.. If you don't like Suspend/Resume, great. But just because you can find others that share your opinion doesn't make it a fact because I can find just as many that disagree.. Your opinion is still just YOUR opinion, dude..

* If you want to be unbiased, be unbiased.. People are continually calling you out as a closet cow because that's how you carry yourself.. And there's nothing wrong with that.. If that's the case, own it.. But just because you have the disposable income and free time to purchase and play all systems doesn't mean you don't harbor bias anymore.. Some people buy competing consoles just to justify their bias.. Happens all the time.. So your pictures of console boxes mean absolutely nothing.. What matters are the stances you take.. And if you truly believe your posts aren't full of bias, you need to do some serious self-reflection sir.. People are not picking on you, they are just calling it like they see it..

* I haven't bought a PS4 yet because there isn't enough AAA exclusive content to justify owning both consoles in my opinion.. I bought the Xbox One first because (unlike some others) I actually do want my console to rule my living room.. I bought the PS3 first last Gen because that was the message Sony launched with and I eventually bought an Xbox 360 years later once I felt the pricing was right for an additional purchase.. I plan on doing the same with the PS4.. Come down off your high horse dude.. Now, once I get a PS4 will that automatically make me unbiased. Maybe, maybe not.. I doubt it.. Once I got the 360, I started to enjoy if more than the PS3.. Once I get a PS4, maybe I'll enjoy it more than the Xbox One.. Who knows and who cares?.. For the purposes of "System Wars", I've planted my flag in the Xbox One camp.. This has very little bearing on my real life.. I enjoy PS4 gaming when I play on my friends consoles and I think it's a great system.. Stop pretending your empty console boxes mean anything other than you made purchases.. They don't make you any better or any worse than anyone else in terms of your potential bias.. I will concede that owning all consoles does lend to having more thorough hands-on time.. But again, that just means you have more time to nitpick the disadvantages of one console versus spinning and praising the advantages of your favorite one..

* restating and reposting walls of text from previous posts does NOT make anyone read them again and it does not bolster your argument.. If I didnt read your wall of text the first time, I'm not going to read it a second or third time.. That's just a little off-topic FYI.. I actually do try to read everything you say but damn man.. When you start reposting the same stuff over and over again, it becomes an impossible chore.. Just throwing that out there

GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 GrenadeLauncher

@SolidTy said:

Wow, you utterly destroyed that lemming. Then again Antwan does keep waiting for that turnaround. Last time it was gonna happen when Kinect was ditched. It'll happen this time, just you cows wait and see!

UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 UnnDunn
Member since 2002 • 3979 Posts

Am I really reading cows claim that it's too complicated to take a screenshot on Xbox One?

I must be on System Wars again. *sigh*

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@SolidTy said:

Wow, you utterly destroyed that lemming. Then again Antwan does keep waiting for that turnaround. Last time it was gonna happen when Kinect was ditched. It'll happen this time, just you cows wait and see!

The only one getting destroyed around here is you. You better learn that. Oh and Krillien............and Tornamentoes.

Anywho how are your low rez screenshots from the Quad doing these days?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 SolidTy

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@SolidTy said:

It wasn't deliberate, but it had to be done.

On the "plus" side, Screenshots on Xbone are thing now! :P

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 thedork_knight

@SolidTy said:

@thedork_knight: After all these years, I finally rattled you enough to speak more with this current account. ;) Which current gen systems do you have? Any at all? I suspect you are just as limited as our friend here with regards to current gen.

Regarding friends this and that, he said his friends, but my friends, and their friends, and Xbone Party chat sucks but no not any more, but oh yeah suspend resume but oh yeah Share Play but oh yeah this is a screenshots thread!...that was my point, it was all anecdotal, what can really be said that has any worth at this point. Nothing.

The off topic damage control was reactionary. It was a fanboy defense mode because they didn't like these features being implemented late. I said enough on this subject. It's alllllllll good.

You've never rattled me, i find you one of the most boring egotistical poster on GS.

No Caption Provided

Â

"Hi, I’m fellow gamer & poster SolidTy. You might remember me as THE ONE & ONLY GAMESPOTTER OF THE YEAR. You might also recognize me from other awards I've won over the years like System Wars KING, The Last System Wars HERO, Most Respected User, Manticore three years in a row, SW Ancient, Classiest User, & quite a few other e-awards. Apparently, I'm classy as a mo-fo on roller skates too. All I want now is a tricycle, a doggie who won’t chew my hotwheels, & a brighter future for the world, but f*ck Pluto."

Â

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By SolidTy

@thedork_knight said:

@SolidTy said:

@thedork_knight: After all these years, I finally rattled you enough to speak more with this current account. ;) Which current gen systems do you have? Any at all? I suspect you are just as limited as our friend here with regards to current gen.

You've never rattled me, i find you one of the most boring egotistical poster on GS.

Â

"Hi, I’m fellow gamer & poster SolidTy. You might remember me as THE ONE & ONLY GAMESPOTTER OF THE YEAR. You might also recognize me from other awards I've won over the years like System Wars KING, The Last System Wars HERO, Most Respected User, Manticore three years in a row, SW Ancient, Classiest User, & quite a few other e-awards. Apparently, I'm classy as a mo-fo on roller skates too. All I want now is a tricycle, a doggie who won’t chew my hotwheels, & a brighter future for the world, but f*ck Pluto."

Â

Dude, that's EXACTLY who I channeled when I wrote that sig...

Troy McClure.

You may be the first person to ever pick up on that. The entire persona and sig that comes with it is tongue-in-cheek. :P

It's as real as Troy's acting.

thedork_knight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 thedork_knight

@SolidTy said:

Â

@thedork_knight said:

Â

@SolidTy said:

Â

Â

Dude, that's EXACTLY who I channeled when I wrote that sig...

Troy McClure.

You may be the first person to ever pick up on that. The entire things is tongue-in-cheek. :P

Awesome +1