Yoshida: The Last Guardian Won't Be At TGS Either

• 95 results
#51 Posted by Krelian-co (10644 posts) -

Ps5 release game!

#52 Posted by Krelian-co (10644 posts) -

how did charizard become a mod? I remember being super anti playstation in the past and all he does now is take jabs at sony instead of out right being a biased

Well now that he is a mod he has to pretend he isnt biased.

#53 Edited by enzyme36 (1511 posts) -

Which vaporware condenses first.... The Last Guardian or Half Life 3 hmmmmmm

#54 Posted by lglz1337 (3406 posts) -

they can stick TLG right where it belongs, in the dark!

#55 Posted by silversix_ (14242 posts) -

There's a rumor going around that this game will be shown during E3 2023 and i believe it.

#56 Posted by bunchanumbers (724 posts) -

At this rate you're more likely to find Jimmy Hoffa or a Sasquatch riding a Unicorn than TLG. I'm more curious to find out how much they spent on development of this thing. Not only this but FFXV as well. Both have got to be past the point where its not even going to be profitable anymore.

#57 Posted by Big_Pecks (5266 posts) -

It'll be bundled with FFXV.

#58 Posted by lostrib (35682 posts) -

how did charizard become a mod? I remember being super anti playstation in the past and all he does now is take jabs at sony instead of out right being a biased

so what's the problem?

#59 Posted by cainetao11 (17282 posts) -

@charizard1605: So like Spencer, he only admitted something not favorably to his company after being questioned/cornered? Not like the statement that it hasn't been canceled would lead anyone, after all this time to believe they'll see something.

#60 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

I'm parting ways with my fanboyism for a sentence or two.

In this day and age of instant information, social media, Twitter Facebook etc....it is imperative...requirement, that, specifically game devs, stay in contact with their v audience on matters such as this.

Simply saying "we'll show it when it's ready, doesn't cut it. It's bad pr. You need to communicate what is going on. Not cryptic, and not every detail...but "when it's ready" doesn't float.

Ok...returning to fanboying.

SDC

#61 Posted by BldgIrsh (2156 posts) -

In this day and age of instant information, social media, Twitter Facebook etc....it is imperative...requirement, that, specifically game devs, stay in contact with their v audience on matters such as this.

Simply saying "we'll show it when it's ready, doesn't cut it. It's bad pr. You need to communicate what is going on. Not cryptic, and not every detail...but "when it's ready" doesn't float.

SDC

Interesting read.

What's your PSN ID?

#62 Posted by Krelian-co (10644 posts) -

SDC

what is your psn id?

#63 Posted by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

@xxgunslingerxx: how did charizard become a mod? I remember being super anti playstation in the past and all he does now is take jabs at sony instead of out right being a biased"

He won't last long. It's in the works. =-O

#64 Edited by cainetao11 (17282 posts) -

@Heil68: Who cares. The game is essentially dead to me.

Because I am a gamer. It isn't for me or by me. I don't want to live this empty promise of "it isn't canceled", because I don't want to live lies, love lies, and as a human being I don't need to need to learn lies

#65 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25137 posts) -

They should have confirmed the game's cancelation.

#66 Edited by wolverine4262 (19230 posts) -
#67 Posted by charizard1605 (56821 posts) -
@AM-Gamer said:

You hate everything PlayStation so I'm not sure why you care?

Two out of my three favorite systems last gen were PlayStation. The PS3 was my favorite console of the three. Try again.

@AM-Gamer said:

@lostrib: he trashes the PS4/Vita all the time.

My favorite game of all time is a Vita game.

@AM-Gamer said:

@Salt_The_Fries: The PS4 has been a pretty solid console easily the best of the 3. I don't see him talking about that much.

No, it is not. See, I define a console's worth by the number of games I think it has that are worth playing. Right now, the PS4 is doing shockingly poor on that account.

I'm not anti PlayStation (see above). I'm anti 'OMG <insert company name here> CAN DO NO WRONG!'

I hate on PlayStation. And Xbox. And, believe it or not, even Nintendo. I hate on the companies I care for more the most, so when I'm shitting on Nintendo, it's vitriolic. When I shit on PlayStation, it's pretty damning, because I actually want them to do well.

Also because I went out and both both a Vita and a PS4, and right now, I'm pretty burned on both (Vita less than PS4).

#68 Posted by Bigboi500 (29572 posts) -

lol Pramath is causing massive amounts of butthurt today.

#69 Posted by Seabas989 (10167 posts) -

#70 Posted by resevl4rlz (3276 posts) -

its vaporware don't care

#71 Posted by LZ71 (10274 posts) -

I'm shocked that anyone was hoping it would be talked about anytime soon. Unfortunately, I don't think we will be seeing the game at all any time in the near future, and even if we do, I don't think it will ever please anyone who was excited for it at the beginning. I wish it wasn't so, but I basically have grouped it into the same camp as Too Human now.

#72 Posted by mems_1224 (46941 posts) -

Meh, I don't even give a shit about what that game is anymore.

#73 Posted by Shottayouth13- (6787 posts) -

I think Sony should be honest with themselves and everybody else that the game will never be released.

#74 Posted by Sollet (7360 posts) -

Another year of... absence.

#75 Posted by SexyJazzCat (926 posts) -

Never cared for this game. What is there to be excited about? A giant flying goat dog thing?

#76 Posted by getyeryayasout (7351 posts) -

This is really starting to chap my ass.

#77 Edited by MirkoS77 (7320 posts) -

They should either come out with some footage, or keep their mouths shut. Saying it will be shown when they have a build ready, then more years pass and nothing is ever shown, again and again, is damaging their word and reputation. But seriously.....how hard is it to grab 30 seconds of in-engine shots? It doesn't need to be playable, Christ, assets just need to exist. Grab whatever you have, however messy/buggy it is, edit the fuck out of it to give us the illusion it looks like targeted gameplay, and throw it out there.

SOMETHING Team Ico. You're doing yourselves no favors by talking and then not showing. Such a shame such a talented studio has fallen into the makers of vaporware.

#78 Posted by Alcapello (875 posts) -
#79 Edited by kuu2 (7103 posts) -

LG doesn't exist. It is part of that super strong first party lineup Sony has in 2014 and 2015.

#80 Posted by charizard1605 (56821 posts) -
#81 Edited by Hobiron (43 posts) -

TLG slowly becoming the next Half Life 3

And also didn't they opened a smaller studio and now making 2 small indie games? Or they are not the same people?

#82 Posted by hiphops_savior (7874 posts) -

@xxgunslingerxx: He's a one man Vita fan defending IHO the greatest RPG ever released.

#83 Posted by Ballroompirate (22737 posts) -

I stopped caring about that game 3 years ago

#84 Edited by nini200 (9680 posts) -
#85 Edited by Boddicker (2687 posts) -

#86 Posted by foxhound_fox (88039 posts) -

There's a rumor going around that this game will be shown during E3 2023 and i believe it.

HL3 hasn't been confirmed to be in development, thus it cannot be vapourware.

#87 Posted by silversix_ (14242 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

HL3 hasn't been confirmed to be in development, thus it cannot be vapourware.

I heard The Last Guardian may be an expansion to Half Life 3. This may be true and both are meant to be released in 2023.

#88 Posted by Promised_Trini (3618 posts) -

WTF SONY!. Man I swear my grand children are going be able to play this game. Before I can.

#89 Posted by Bigboi500 (29572 posts) -

I wouldn't be surprised if Team Ico doesn't even exist anymore. I mean think about it, have they even made a single game since gen six?

#90 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10482 posts) -

Vaporware

#91 Posted by madsnakehhh (14267 posts) -

There was a time when i was incredible hyped for this game, now any news about this "project" is just painful to read, is not even funny anymore, is pathethic, just declare it dead and move on.

#92 Posted by Ghost120x (3790 posts) -

Two things are going to happen.

1. They will finally man up and say it's vaporware --(internet gets pissed, and Sony gives a free game)

2. The release the game trailer at E3 2015 and it looks horrible or nothing like the game once was--(internet gets pissed, Sony cancels the game, and Sony gives a free game)

#93 Posted by -Blasphemy- (2990 posts) -

half life 3.

#94 Posted by StrifeDelivery (1467 posts) -

Ouch... back at E3 when TLG didn't show, I said hope for TGS. Now, our hopes have been dashed. Kind of a sad state of affairs really.

#95 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21683 posts) -

I wouldn't be surprised if Team Ico doesn't even exist anymore. I mean think about it, have they even made a single game since gen six?

they still exist actually, they are part of SCEJ, they are not their own studio, you have to understand that they have not been working on the game all the time in the past years.

They have worked on Knack, Pupeteer, Gravity Rush and other SCEJ games, they're not stuck in some room wondering how to make this game. last i heard there are about 70 people working on last guardian. anyways it's in sony's hands right now since Ueda said that his role is mostly over.

"my creative work was mostly finished a long time ago, but the details of when, where and how it will be completed are beyond my control."

http://www.edge-online.com/news/ueda-terribly-sorry-for-the-last-guardian-delay/

If anyones to blame right now it's Sony, Yoshida is afraid of showing it like they did in 2009 when it was in early stages in development apparently, he wants to make sure it has a solid /showing release date this time. that's why he keeps saying "when the time is right".

I have stopped caring for now until they actually show something and not just repeat what they say, "it's making great progress", "when the time is right". when and if they show it again it better be amazing and it will probaply be E3, E3 2033 LOL.

#96 Posted by osan0 (12684 posts) -

if this ever does get released then it better be something pretty spectacular.

im all for publishers giving extra time to developers to deliver on their vision rather than meeting a deadline. xenoblade chronicles would have been badly damaged if nintendo put the foot down and demanded that the game release earlier. its the same with many other publishers. giving an extra 6 months or a year to get the game right, when appropiate, is to be applauded.

but there are limits. when a game is hitting past 4 years of development, with nothing to show, then serious questions have to be asked about the projects viability. the game has probably been started from scratch more than once now. the tech will probably have to be rebuilt again for the PS4 along with all the assets and so on. the brutal reality is that team ico are now a liability to sony. they have not released 1 single new game for the entire PS3s life and also have nothing to show on the vita. frankly im amazed the sutdio wasnt shut down during restructuring or at least the project scrapped and the studio told to start on something new immediately.

maybe its a running joke sony like to keep going every year and the game actually stopped development years ago. did some top talent at team ico leave a year or so ago?