Yoshida: The Last Guardian Won't Be At TGS Either

• 95 results
#1 Posted by charizard1605 (55982 posts) -

So, Gamescom came and went, and there was still no sign of The Last Guardian. Which, you might remember, was this really hyped game Sony announced five years ago, that's been in development even longer. What, you don't remember? That's probably what Sony wants.

On the off chance that you do remember, and you saw that the game wasn't at Gamescom, and convinced yourself that it would be at TGS- this is more of a TGS kind of game anyway, it's being developed by Sony Japan, and it's targeted first and foremost at Japanese audiences- well, tough shit, Yoshida just came up and flat out explicitly said this game won't be shown off at TGS either.

What's that? When will it be shown off, then, you ask? Amazingly enough, Yoshida answered that question. He said it would be shown off when it will be ready.

"Will we see it at Tokyo Game Show?" we asked Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida in an interview today.

"I don't think so," was his response. "Sorry."

When will we see it?

"When we are ready. I cannot confirm any timing because we are waiting for it to be in a state where we are happy that this is the game. We have a certain time frame in our mind, and the team is making great progress, but still not to the point that we can say that, here you go."

Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to present to you: Duke Nukem Forever Part Deux.

Source

#2 Posted by ConanTheStoner (4733 posts) -

Well fuck.

At least I'm pretty much past caring. If it comes out in my lifetime and it's actually not a pile of shit, I'll be happy.

#3 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21523 posts) -

Oh well next year.

#4 Posted by TheGuardian03 (21523 posts) -

Well fuck.

At least I'm pretty much past caring. If it comes out in my lifetime and it's actually not a pile of shit, I'll be happy.

You can always look forward to RIME.

#5 Posted by charizard1605 (55982 posts) -

@TheGuardian03: I'm just gonna assume it will never be released now :p

#6 Edited by Zassimick (6339 posts) -

I don't expect it to be at any showing anymore, nor am I anticipating it. Just like my stance with Final Fantasy XV, The Last Guardian is a game I won't be buying new.

Still, I hope they get things figured out or just tell us if the game isn't going to work. At least he had the sense to not dance around the subject of TGS.

#7 Posted by nintendoboy16 (26272 posts) -

Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to present to you: Duke Nukem Forever Part Deux.

I'm pretty sure BGE2 and Final Fantasy XV are already tied up for that.

#8 Posted by freedomfreak (39125 posts) -

lol

#9 Posted by CyberLips (1815 posts) -

I've given up hope already.

#10 Edited by Bigboi500 (29309 posts) -

What the hell happened to Team Ico?

#11 Posted by Blabadon (25918 posts) -

Lol what the hell is "great progress?"

#12 Edited by EasyComeEasyGo (584 posts) -

This game is obviously never getting released and if it does, it couldn't possibly live up to the years worth of hype. I mean come on, they've been talking about this game since the PS3 first arrived on shelves. The real news would have been if it WERE set to appear. It's absence is pretty much what I expected.

#13 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

Relax.... Its gona happen one way or another !

#14 Posted by PsychoLemons (2033 posts) -

=/

#15 Posted by MiiiiV (322 posts) -

This is turning more and more into a vaporware, which is a real shame. I loved Ico and Shadow of the Colossus and have been looking forward to this since it was announced to the ps3.
Keeping my fingers crossed, hopefully it will deliver a another unique experience and get released next year at least.

#16 Posted by Shewgenja (8451 posts) -

It will be a hidden level in Shenmue III.

#17 Edited by Heil68 (43436 posts) -

Who cares. The game is essentially dead to me.

#18 Edited by Bread_or_Decide (17327 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Who cares. The game is essentially dead to me.

This. Dead, dead dead. Who cares anymore.

#19 Posted by Legend002 (7023 posts) -

#E32015

I believe!

#20 Posted by tonitorsi (8296 posts) -

Its dead guys.

The dream is dead.

We'd all be best off moving on.

#21 Posted by blackace (20249 posts) -

@charizard1605: Sheesh.. Uncharted 4 wasn't even shown. I don't remember seeing it. The Last Guardian will be out in 2018 on the PS5 at this rate.

#22 Posted by Shewgenja (8451 posts) -

This thread needs a poll.

Which will come out first:

The Last Guardian

or

Final Fantasy Versus XV

#23 Edited by parkurtommo (26456 posts) -

Oh I thought it was literally vaporware.

I think you guys should be happy. Yoshida actually confirmed that this game is in developement by saying "we're waiting". So how is this bad news?

#24 Edited by APiranhaAteMyVa (2869 posts) -
@parkurtommo said:

I think you guys should be happy. Yoshida actually confirmed that this game is in development by saying "we're waiting". So how is this bad news?

Its not bad news, but the game has been in development since 2007. It was supposed to come out in 2011 for PS3, so unless they have completely remastered or remade it for PS4 the chances of it releasing are zero.

Sony have been saying this same statement since 2010 too, every single event they say it is actively being developed but not being shown. It has been 5 years since the reveal and they have nothing new to show - not even a gameplay trailer or demo, so it has no chance of being released. It is vaporware.

#25 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (6973 posts) -

They should just put the game on the Vita.

#26 Posted by Gue1 (9498 posts) -

I will care about this game till Sony says is not coming.

#27 Posted by charizard1605 (55982 posts) -

They should just put the game on the Vita.

Two failures Sony has forgotten about, sounds like a match made in heaven.

#28 Edited by foxhound_fox (87640 posts) -

This basically means it's either a dead project, or the team working on it are so incompetent, that they haven't made any progress in the past TWO YEARS that Sony have said the project isn't dead (at this point, they should have some sort of playable alpha version).

One of the main reasons I bought a fucking PS3 was for this game. Shadow of the Colossus was an absolutely outstanding game that redefined video game story-telling and made an impression on millions of people. It's been nearly a DECADE since that... and we all know how Duke Nukem Forever turned out after a decade of development.

In that time, Team ICO could have made 3-5 new games (based on a 2-3 year development cycle). FIVE GAMES.

#29 Posted by foxhound_fox (87640 posts) -
@parkurtommo said:

I think you guys should be happy. Yoshida actually confirmed that this game is in development by saying "we're waiting". So how is this bad news?

Its not bad news, but the game has been in development since 2007. It was supposed to come out in 2011 for PS3, so unless they have completely remastered or remade it for PS4 the chances of it releasing are zero.

Sony have been saying this same statement since 2010 too, every single event they say it is actively being developed but not being shown. It has been 5 years since the reveal and they have nothing new to show - not even a gameplay trailer or demo, so it has no chance of being released. It is vaporware.

I could have sworn Fumito Ueda said they started working on it immediately after Shadow of the Colossus went gold.

#30 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13392 posts) -

Well, we can still hope they're just downplaying it'll be there.

This doesn't look good tho, fucking fuck.

#31 Posted by WeepsForFools (501 posts) -
#32 Posted by MonsieurX (29490 posts) -

Vaporware confirmed

#33 Posted by RR360DD (11600 posts) -

And I remember cows thinking it would be shown at this years E3. LOL

Give up

#34 Posted by DJ-Lafleur (34142 posts) -

Why does Sony even keep Team Ico around anymore? It feels like Sony is pretty much paying these guys for having their thumbs stuck their bums for several years.

is Last Guardian actually even supposed to be that advanced of a game?

#35 Edited by nintendoboy16 (26272 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

And I remember cows thinking it would be shown at this years E3. LOL

Give up

I'd never thought I'd say this with you RR360DD but... this.

#36 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (5809 posts) -

there is always E3... or maybe its a PS5 launch title

#37 Posted by Alcapello (770 posts) -

It sound like a big game, better wait a little longer..

#38 Edited by lostrib (34322 posts) -

Aww yes, the waiting game. Sony fans' favorite

#39 Posted by clone01 (24500 posts) -
#40 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3360 posts) -

I think it's best we just keep assuming it does'nt exist.

#41 Posted by getyeryayasout (7169 posts) -

Ahhh, so this is what the deer felt like.

#42 Posted by AM-Gamer (3567 posts) -

You hate everything PlayStation so I'm not sure why you care?

#43 Edited by Salt_The_Fries (8356 posts) -

#44 Posted by lostrib (34322 posts) -

@AM-Gamer: really? Char hates everything PlayStation?

#45 Edited by AM-Gamer (3567 posts) -

@lostrib: he trashes the PS4/Vita all the time.

#46 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (8356 posts) -

@AM-Gamer said:

@lostrib: he trashes the PS4/Vita all the time.

I think he just puts things into perspective every now and then.

#47 Posted by AM-Gamer (3567 posts) -

@Salt_The_Fries: The PS4 has been a pretty solid console easily the best of the 3. I don't see him talking about that much.

#48 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3013 posts) -

I'm not gonna believe this game is coming out until it's actually on store shelves.

#49 Posted by bbkkristian (14940 posts) -

Lol TLG

#50 Posted by xxgunslingerxx (4060 posts) -

how did charizard become a mod? I remember being super anti playstation in the past and all he does now is take jabs at sony instead of out right being a biased