Xfans Remember When at an E3........

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by clr84651 (5546 posts) -

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

WOW Lems are in full force butthurt damage control mode :lol:

My favourite argument is BY fay the "oh it took 6 years! That's so sad!" If it's sad that can only mean the 360 is a POS, for a console that was released a year and a half later at almost twice the price of the 360 to outsell it and it be sad that means the 360 is the biggest POS ever :lol:

CaseyWegner

is it ps3 supply problems that caused it to not outsell the 360 earlier?

PS3 coming out a year later. Being priced much higher etc. 360 got a boost in sales from RRoD replacements also. PS3 supply problems probably also helped the 360 stay ahead longer. You probably know more than I do as to all the reasons why.

#52 Posted by freedomfreak (43587 posts) -

ruWJtNY67s.jpg

Ly_the_Fairy
I'm sowwy
#53 Posted by CanYouDiglt (7609 posts) -

so basically, you're still bitter about something a few people on the internet said 6 years ago. :lol:

KarateeeChop
lol this thread sure backfired on the TC.
#54 Posted by Ly_the_Fairy (8541 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ly_the_Fairy"]

ruWJtNY67s.jpg

freedomfreak

I'm sowwy

Apology not accepted.

#55 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

My favourite argument is BY fay the "oh it took 6 years! That's so sad!" If it's sad that can only mean the 360 is a POS, for a console that was released a year and a half later at almost twice the price of the 360 to outsell it and it be sad that means the 360 is the biggest POS ever :lol:

clr84651

PS3 coming out a year later. Being priced much higher etc. 360 got a boost in sales from RRoD replacements also. PS3 supply problems probably also helped the 360 stay ahead longer. You probably know more than I do as to all the reasons why.

it's just that after a certain point the head start stops being a factor. as long as there aren't supply problems, demand is what determines sales.

#56 Posted by mjf249 (2893 posts) -
I enjoy both the PS3, and X360. Both are great consoles, everybody has their preferences but to the people who own both, you have the best of both worlds!
#57 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

Actually, they said they would outsell the PS3 for the entire generation.

And they did. Seeing as last gen ended with the release of the Wii U and the numbers released today (or yesterday...whenever) aren't official.

Besides, Microsoft is still leading where it counts. They have the best library of the three last gen consoles, they still have the best online service, multiplats tend to perform better on Microsoft's hardware and they're making money hand over fist while Sony is digging themselves out of a nearly 5 billion dollar hole the PS3 put them in.

This gen has been nothing but a success for Microsoft. You think they care that their opponent may have finally caught up to them considering the above? I certainly wouldn't.

#58 Posted by rilpas (8161 posts) -

And they did. Seeing as last gen ended with the release of the Wii U and the numbers released today (or yesterday...whenever) aren't official.

Besides, Microsoft is still leading where it counts. They have the best library of the three last gen consoles, they still have the best online service, multiplats tend to perform better on Microsoft's hardware and they're making money hand over fist while Sony is digging themselves out of a nearly 5 billion dollar hole the PS3 put them in.

This gen has been nothing but a success for Microsoft. You think they care that their opponent may have finally caught up to them considering the above? I certainly wouldn't.

The_Game21x
so Microsoft was right? and the TC still made this thread? HAH! :lol:
#59 Posted by clr84651 (5546 posts) -

[QUOTE="clr84651"]

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

it's just that after a certain point the head start stops being a factor. as long as there aren't supply problems, demand is what determines sales.

So what scenario do you think will happen? A PS4 launch first, a PS4 & Next Xbox launch at same time, or what?

#60 Posted by The_Game21x (26342 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

rilpas

I think Cows like being wrong.

It's the only explanation I have at this point.

#61 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

The_Game21x

for our metagame, this is true. outside of it, the generation for the 360 and ps3 hasn't really ended.

#62 Posted by clr84651 (5546 posts) -

[QUOTE="rilpas"][QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

The_Game21x

I think Cows like being wrong.

It's the only explanation I have at this point.

Nice way to try and spin it in your favor. Still fail/wrong!

#63 Posted by AdobeArtist (23044 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

CaseyWegner

for our metagame, this is true. outside of it, the generation for the 360 and ps3 hasn't really ended.

The life cycles of the PS3 and 360 hasn't ended, but their term as current gen systems has. Now that 8th gen heas begun, they're simply continuing on as last gen systems selling in the current gen, just as PS2 did after 2005, and PS1 after 2000.

#64 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (28512 posts) -
So the PS3 takes 6/7 years to pass the 360 and thats a victory :lol: RR360DD
Id post a charlie sheen pic but im using 360 browser. they are bi-winning.
#65 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

AdobeArtist

The life cycles of the PS3 and 360 hasn't ended, but their term as current gen systems has. Now that 8th gen heas begun, they're simply continuing on as last gen systems selling in the current gen, just as PS2 did after 2005, and PS1 after 2000.

the meaning compared to what i mentioned is still essentially the same.

#66 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7805 posts) -

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

CaseyWegner

Wrong. Next gen may have started but the current gen is still going. A gen doesn't end with the release of a new console otherwise a generation could end at any random point in time. If things worked like that every single time a console is released with a different release date it's a new gen. Also peeps seem to be forgetting the PS3 caught the 360 days before the Wii U launch.
#67 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="The_Game21x"]

Eddie-Vedder

Wrong. Next gen may have started but the current gen is still going. A gen doesn't end with the release of a new console otherwise a generation could end at any random point in time. If things worked like that every single time a console is released with a different release date it's a new gen. Also peeps seem to be forgetting the PS3 caught the 360 days before the Wii U launch.

wtf do you mean wrong? you said the same thing i did. :|

#68 Posted by X_CAPCOM_X (6629 posts) -

"We hope to reach 1 billion users"

Best PR quote ever.

#69 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7805 posts) -

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

CaseyWegner

You said for out metagame, as if according to the metagame it has ended, but it hasn't. Nor for the metagame nor in real life.
#70 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] Wrong. Next gen may have started but the current gen is still going. A gen doesn't end with the release of a new console otherwise a generation could end at any random point in time. If things worked like that every single time a console is released with a different release date it's a new gen. Also peeps seem to be forgetting the PS3 caught the 360 days before the Wii U launch. Eddie-Vedder

You said for out metagame, as if according to the metagame it has ended, but it hasn't. Nor for the metagame nor in real life.

oh yes it has. in the metagame (which doesn't really exist anymore), the generation ended when the new one started. that's how it works.

#71 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7805 posts) -

CaseyWegner

oh yes it has. in the metagame (which doesn't really exist anymore), the generation ended when the new one started. that's how it works.

No it doesn't. You're making that up. This generation could still last for years, the WIi U could be a total failure and the PS4 and 720 could in theory take another decade to get released while the PS3 and 360 keep getting supported. 99% of threads and debates in SW will continue to be about this gen, about PS3 and 360. Next gen has started, but this gen is still going strong, the metagame that doesn't really exist anymore is still counting, SW still makes hype threads, SW still counts flops, sales are still talked about etc.
#72 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] You said for out metagame, as if according to the metagame it has ended, but it hasn't. Nor for the metagame nor in real life. Eddie-Vedder

No it doesn't. You're making that up. This generation could still last for years, the WIi U could be a total failure and the PS4 and 720 could in theory take another decade to get released while the PS3 and 360 keep getting supported. 99% of threads and debates in SW will continue to be about this gen, about PS3 and 360. Next gen has started, but this gen is still going strong, the metagame that doesn't really exist anymore is still counting, SW still makes hype threads, SW still counts flops, sales are still talked about etc.

the generation ended when the new one started. that's how it always has worked. please don't try to confuse people by inserting your own take into this. keep it to the real world outside of the metagame.

#73 Posted by Jankarcop (10791 posts) -

Lemmings =

34811128166004482664.gif

#74 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7805 posts) -

CaseyWegner

the generation ended when the new one started. that's how it always has worked. please don't try to confuse people by inserting your own take into this. keep it to the real world outside of the metagame.

One thing has nothing to do with the other. Your confused? :lol: really? You found that confusing?
#75 Posted by Plagueless (2569 posts) -
I'm just gonna say this: 360=nearly triple Xbox 1 numbers. PS3=less than half of PS2's numbers. With that said, cows are dumb. You "win" I guess, but in the grand scheme of things sony failed big.
#76 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]No it doesn't. You're making that up. This generation could still last for years, the WIi U could be a total failure and the PS4 and 720 could in theory take another decade to get released while the PS3 and 360 keep getting supported. 99% of threads and debates in SW will continue to be about this gen, about PS3 and 360. Next gen has started, but this gen is still going strong, the metagame that doesn't really exist anymore is still counting, SW still makes hype threads, SW still counts flops, sales are still talked about etc. Eddie-Vedder

One thing has nothing to do with the other. Your confused? :lol: really? You found that confusing?

how long have you been here?

#77 Posted by fadersdream (3154 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

clr84651

Even though 50% of PS3s are used solely as bluray players and not gaming machines?
#78 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7805 posts) -

CaseyWegner

Long enough to know how much you despise cows and tend to ALWAYS take the side the benefits lems/hurts cows. I know you dude, there's nothing wrong with it, obviously I do the same on opposite sides, but you know damn well I'm right here and there isn't anything confusing about it. Next gen has started. But the current PS3 vs 360 battle is still going strong. Sales will still be talked about. Game will still be talked about. Awards will still be talked about. There will still be flops. Theres nothing confusing about it. This battle is a lot more alive and kicking then next gen is and SW will continue to focus on PS3 vs 360 for at least another year. Unless a really big surprise comes. You can't end this metagame/generation battle untill there are at least 2 next gen systems. Theres no next gen fight yet.
#79 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] One thing has nothing to do with the other. Your confused? :lol: really? You found that confusing?Eddie-Vedder

Long enough to know how much you despise cows and tend to ALWAYS take the side the benefits lems/hurts cows. I know you dude, there's nothing wrong with it, obviously I do the same on opposite sides, but you know damn well I'm right here and there isn't anything confusing about it. Next gen has started. But the current PS3 vs 360 battle is still going strong. Sales will still be talked about. Game will still be talked about. Awards will still be talked about. There will still be flops. Theres nothing confusing about it. This battle is a lot more alive and kicking then next gen is and SW will continue to focus on PS3 vs 360 for at least another year. Unless a really big surprise comes. You can't end this metagame/generation battle untill there are at least 2 next gen systems. Theres no next gen fight yet.

that's not an answer to my question. how long have you been here? i don't think it's been long enough to know what you are claiming to know.

the wiiu is next gen. the new pc gen has started because of it. there's your two systems right there.

i don't always take the lemming's side. it may appear that way because cows tend to be the ones trying to change the rules and goalposts as they see fit. case in point.

#80 Posted by fadersdream (3154 posts) -

lol this thread sure backfired on the TC.

Everytime.

I think in the end of last gen it became less cool to bash the 360.

People came to its defense more often than not, and hurt the cows.

I think most real gamers just like playing games and care less about picking sides and hating on what they don't have (especially since most of us have more than one system at this point).

At this point whatever mistakes have been made have to be accepted and put into the past. Although they both made terrible mistakes if we're looking towards the future I want Sony to do more things differently/better than I do Microsoft.

#81 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7805 posts) -

CaseyWegner

that's not an answer to my question. how long have you been here? i don't think it's been long enough to know what you are claiming to know.

the wiiu is next gen. the new pc gen has started because of it. there's your two systems right there.

i don't always take the lemming's side. it may appear that way because cows tend to be the ones trying to change the rules and goalposts as they see fit. case in point.

Oh that's cute, you must not remember how long I've been here, I've seen you change rules countless times to favor the 360, even using placeholder games in the spreadsheet for the 360. Just lol dude as if everyone didn't know you well enough. Anyway it doesn't matter what you want, fact is System Wars decides if the battle is over or not, and the answer is crystal clear. 100% of threads PS3 vs 360.
#82 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]Long enough to know how much you despise cows and tend to ALWAYS take the side the benefits lems/hurts cows. I know you dude, there's nothing wrong with it, obviously I do the same on opposite sides, but you know damn well I'm right here and there isn't anything confusing about it. Next gen has started. But the current PS3 vs 360 battle is still going strong. Sales will still be talked about. Game will still be talked about. Awards will still be talked about. There will still be flops. Theres nothing confusing about it. This battle is a lot more alive and kicking then next gen is and SW will continue to focus on PS3 vs 360 for at least another year. Unless a really big surprise comes. You can't end this metagame/generation battle untill there are at least 2 next gen systems. Theres no next gen fight yet.Eddie-Vedder

Oh that's cute, you must not remember how long I've been here, I've seen you change rules countless times to favor the 360, even using placeholder games in the spreadsheet for the 360. Just lol dude as if everyone didn't know you well enough. Anyway it doesn't matter what you want, fact is System Wars decides if the battle is over or not, and the answer is crystal clear. 100% of threads PS3 vs 360.

you're right about one thing. i don't know how long you've been here. name one instance of me changing the rules let alone me changing them in favor of the 360. what is this placeholder business you're referring to? you are the one who's trying to change the metagame but i'm sorry to say that it's not up to you. of course people are going to still talk about the 360 and ps3. do you even know what the metagame is?

you seem to be ignoring the stated criteria as well. there are two next gen systems. why not address that?

#83 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7805 posts) -

CaseyWegner

you're right about one thing. i don't know how long you've been here. name one instance of me changing the rules let alone me changing them in favor of the 360. what is this placeholder business you're referring to? you are the one who's trying to change the metagame but i'm sorry to say that it's not up to you. of course people are going to still talk about the 360 and ps3. do you even know what the metagame is?

You tried to add XBL games to the spreadsheet to favor the 360. You added the GTA 4 DLC as a placeholder to inflate the 360 spreadsheet. You did everything in your power to not allow MLB the Show count as PS3 exclusive. Your trying to pretend the Wii U launch sales and game releases of the PS3 and 360 no longer count as if that makes ANY sense whatsoever. Cause remember if sales don't count neither do games, if it's over it's over and the metagame is most certainly no over. These are just a few off the top of my head. You're a legendary closet lem Casey.
#84 Posted by achilles614 (4878 posts) -
Um we're on a new gen so the 360 came in 2nd place last gen...only a cow with a mental deficiency would have trouble comprehending that... ...or the massively butthurt eddie-vedder :lol: finally recovered from your butthurt over the vote on whether downloadable games count? back for more I see :P hey eddie, why don't you go make a new thread whining about how last gen is actually current gen...
#85 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] Oh that's cute, you must not remember how long I've been here, I've seen you change rules countless times to favor the 360, even using placeholder games in the spreadsheet for the 360. Just lol dude as if everyone didn't know you well enough. Anyway it doesn't matter what you want, fact is System Wars decides if the battle is over or not, and the answer is crystal clear. 100% of threads PS3 vs 360. Eddie-Vedder

You tried to add XBL games to the spreadsheet to favor the 360. You added the GTA 4 DLC as a placeholder to inflate the 360 spreadsheet. You did everything in your power to not allow MLB the Show count as PS3 exclusive. Your trying to pretend the Wii U launch sales and game releases of the PS3 and 360 no longer count as if that makes ANY sense whatsoever. Cause remember if sales don't count neither do games, if it's over it's over and the metagame is most certainly no over. These are just a few off the top of my head. You're a legendary closet lem Casey.

i tried to add xbl games to the spreadsheet? when? how was gta4 dlc added as a placeholder? if you'll recall i voted for multiple versions of the show to go on the spreadsheet. how am i doing anything with the wiiu, ps3, and 360 sales? get your facts straight. lems consider me to be a hermit. they know this when they see me arguing against the 360. what's your excuse?

you're still ignoring the criteria you yourself stated?

#86 Posted by ComBaTsOuL (507 posts) -

CaseyWegner

i tried to add xbl games to the spreadsheet? when? how was gta4 dlc added as a placeholder? if you'll recall i voted for multiple versions of the show to go on the spreadsheet. how am i doing anything with the wiiu, ps3, and 360 sales? get your facts straight. lems consider me to be a hermit. they know this when they see me arguing against the 360. what's your excuse?

Your wasting your breath the guy is a delusional sony fanboy who thinks what he wrights is facts..
#87 Posted by fernandmondego_ (3170 posts) -
So we are officially going to get a daily thread about something someone said 15 years ago.
#88 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"] You tried to add XBL games to the spreadsheet to favor the 360. You added the GTA 4 DLC as a placeholder to inflate the 360 spreadsheet. You did everything in your power to not allow MLB the Show count as PS3 exclusive. Your trying to pretend the Wii U launch sales and game releases of the PS3 and 360 no longer count as if that makes ANY sense whatsoever. Cause remember if sales don't count neither do games, if it's over it's over and the metagame is most certainly no over. These are just a few off the top of my head. You're a legendary closet lem Casey. ComBaTsOuL

Your wasting your breath the guy is a delusional sony fanboy who thinks what he wrights is facts..

he managed to get things completely backwards.

#89 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7805 posts) -
[QUOTE="CaseyWegner"]

[QUOTE="Eddie-Vedder"]

ComBaTsOuL

So games don't count anymore? No flops or AAAE's etc count anymore? Can't be counted in the spread sheet, can't be used in metagame debates? Everything sales and game related tot he PS3 and 360 ended with the Wii U launch and everything that comes after doesn't count. Is that what you're saying? OR. We still count new game releases and sales. Which one makes sense? Which one doesn't?
#90 Posted by fadersdream (3154 posts) -

I never realized how dangerous the start of the WiiU generation was to the Cows and the PS3.

So much damage control.

#91 Posted by jsmoke03 (13167 posts) -
So the PS3 takes 6/7 years to pass the 360 and thats a victory :lol: RR360DD
no its not because this is 2nd place,but do lems enjoy knowing at the end the gen on the bottom?
#92 Posted by fadersdream (3154 posts) -
[QUOTE="ComBaTsOuL"][QUOTE="CaseyWegner"] Your wasting your breath the guy is a delusional sony fanboy who thinks what he wrights is facts..Eddie-Vedder

So games don't count anymore? No flops or AAAE's etc count anymore? Can't be counted in the spread sheet, can't be used in metagame debates? Everything sales and game related tot he PS3 and 360 ended with the Wii U launch and everything that comes after doesn't count. Is that what you're saying? OR. We still count new game releases and sales. Which one makes sense? Which one doesn't?

Nothing counts. Just like the continuation of the PS2 didn't count. Just like no one really cared about Twilight Princess on the Gamecube. It's over, time to move on. Gather your forces and hope the next one goes better. Must suck being so close, though.
#93 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (5243 posts) -

Didn't the Sony guys say "next gen starts when we do" and a crap load of other BS at their e3s. So lets say this sales thing is accurate, it took the WHOLE gen, an ABSOLUTE financial pummelling, a harsh loss of brand and market power, a loss of the Japanese identity to Playstation home consoles (PS3 just as western as Xbox) and a huge loss to Nintendo still this gen.

But it's ok, it might be 51/49 between Sony and MS. :lol: Wow, well done.

#95 Posted by CaseyWegner (70104 posts) -

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]So the PS3 takes 6/7 years to pass the 360 and thats a victory :lol: jsmoke03
no its not because this is 2nd place,but do lems enjoy knowing at the end the gen on the bottom?

third place. don't forget the pc. :)

#96 Posted by RR360DD (13047 posts) -
[QUOTE="RR360DD"]So the PS3 takes 6/7 years to pass the 360 and thats a victory :lol: jsmoke03

The gen already ended with the 360 in 2nd :) Hate to burst your bubble