XCOM 2 sells an estimated 365,000 copies on first day.

• 98 results
Avatar image for deactivated-597794cd74015
deactivated-597794cd74015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1 deactivated-597794cd74015
Member since 2012 • 961 Posts

PC games don't sell obviously. Here's the steam spy link:

http://steamspy.com/app/268500

So what's next cows and lems ?

"I'll wait for the console version despite the fact that it has been proven that XCOM doesn't sell well on consoles" ?

UnrealGunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 UnrealGunner
Member since 2015 • 1073 Posts

I think it's more than that tbh because I checked SteamSpy before and they were behind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-597794cd74015

@unrealgunner said:

I think it's more than that tbh because I checked SteamSpy before and they were behind

Well then......................

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

So a flop?

Don't PC gamers brag about PC numbers being higher than PS4, xb1 and Wii U combined? If that's true then that is honestly quite pathetic.

I can't tell if the TC is sarcastic or just trying to low key bash PC gamers by hyping such low figures for such a hyped game on PC with over 125 million steam users alone.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

I need to get it into this. Love the setting, just never found the time to properly invest in the series. Hopefully this Summer.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-597794cd74015

@casharmy said:

So a flop?

Don't PC gamers brag about PC numbers being higher than PS4, xb1 and Wii U combined? If that's true then that is honestly quite pathetic.

I can't tell if the TC is sarcastic or just trying to low key bash PC gamers by hyping such low figures for such a hyped game on PC with over 125 million steam users alone.

These numbers are higher than Bloodborne and Rise of The Tomb Raider's first week sales on PS4 and X1 respectively. Try again.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 casharmy

@Desmonic said:

I need to get it into this. Love the setting, just never found the time to properly invest in the series. Hopefully this Summer.

Or you can do like the hermits will be doing for Final Fantasy XV for PC and wait for the console port :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-597794cd74015

@Desmonic said:

It's a brutally difficult series (both the original and the reboot). So I would start with XCOM:Enemy Unknown/Within first, which is more accessible than the others.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Desmonic  Moderator

@casharmy: It's not a matter of platform, really :P It's just having enough time. I know I'll get fully immersed with the game. I like strategy and I like the setting, so I just need time to play the game with little consequences towards the non-gaming parts of my life :P

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#10 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

Congratulations I guess, I have no interest in this game or franchise but it's good to see a PC game putting up very strong numbers.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts
@casharmy said:

So a flop?

I can't tell if the TC is sarcastic or just trying to low key bash PC gamers by hyping such low figures for such a hyped game on PC with over 125 million steam users alone.So

So 365K a day after lunch .... is a flop ?!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-597794cd74015
@casharmy said:
@Desmonic said:

Or you can do like the hermits will be doing for Final Fantasy XV for PC and wait for the console port :P

Which won't happen because XCOM was a failure on console ?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46273 Posts

@the_master_race said:
@casharmy said:

So a flop?

I can't tell if the TC is sarcastic or just trying to low key bash PC gamers by hyping such low figures for such a hyped game on PC with over 125 million steam users alone.So

lol thinking console fanboys will bring logic to the table when they try and bash PC

xD

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Desmonic  Moderator

@faizanhd said:
@Desmonic said:

It's a brutally difficult series (both the original and the reboot). So I would start with XCOM:Enemy Unknown/Within first, which is more accessible than the others.

I played a bit of the "first" one (the one that came out before this one) and like it a lot, but again, time man. Summer is really only the period of time where I can easily play a game for hours and hours with little consequences on my schedule.

UnrealGunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 UnrealGunner
Member since 2015 • 1073 Posts

@casharmy said:

So a flop?

What you have to understand is that this game will be selling for years unlike the console market. The console market is based off day one sales they don't have a long lifespan because their games don't have mods to extend the game. Skyrim sold 1.5 million in 2015 on PC according to SteamSpy and that game sold more on PC than any other platform.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

And I helped!

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 casharmy

@Desmonic said:

@casharmy: It's not a matter of platform, really :P It's just having enough time. I know I'll get fully immersed with the game. I like strategy and I like the setting, so I just need time to play the game with little consequences towards the non-gaming parts of my life :P

I was just ribbing with that post really

Kozio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kozio
Member since 2015 • 781 Posts

But they always told me PC gaming is dead. "PC isn't profitable." -''95% are pirates.'' :p SteamSpy is known to report on the low side for early sales, too.

Steamspy reported Arkham Knight at around 300k on its release day. If it had been even a decent port, it probably would have done really well without any major sales and sold even more during a major sale. Poor Batman. :D

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By casharmy

@the_master_race said:
@casharmy said:

So a flop?

"game on PC with over 125 million steam users alone."

Uh, yeah!

Pretty much the only thing left for you to do *that gif* PC gaming is dead :*(

Perhaps PC fanboys don't remember trying to make comparisons to console sales regarding PC and their supposed huge fanbase. Yes, by any critical measure by which consoles are judged by hypocritical hermits on this board it is indeed a flop. I don't get why this is hard to understand.

Edit: In comparison TLOU remastered on PS4

The Last of Us: Remastered Sold 1.5M Units on Day One

http://www.gamepur.com/news/15762-last-us-remastered-sold-15m-units-day-one-ps4-sales-just-short-hitting-10m.html

that is when the system was sub 10m units.

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Dasein808
Member since 2008 • 839 Posts

The game absolutely rules.

The story is quality and the difficulty is ramped up Terror from the Deep style, but with modern assets, and the new concealment feature levels the playing field from the previous reboot / the originals where you were forced to smoke out the enemies and were immediately revealed for slaughter.

Tactics, strategy, planning, decision making, and turn based combat...let's be honest, most consolites would hate it, but it's a thinking person's game and it's scratching an itch I've had for 21 years.

The previous reboot was a welcome tease, but this is a sequel that I'd gladly place along side the classics. (Now if they'd only bring back base assaults where your base design played a role in your success or failure).

I do hope that they eventually reboot Terror from the Deep as well because the underwater environment should be revisited.

P.S. I predict that Tygan is either a traitor or being painted to be suspected as much.

I also expect SJWs to whine about the fact that a woman and "PoC" (jfc, these people sound like my grandparents) die in the tutorial, but the "white people" survive.

Just a hunch.

#XCOMSoWhite

Dasein808

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Dasein808
Member since 2008 • 839 Posts
@casharmy said:

Uh, yeah!

Perhaps PC fanboys don't remember trying to make comparisons to console sales regarding PC and their supposed huge fanbase. Yes, by any critical measure by which consoles are judged by hypocritical hermits on this board it is indeed a flop. I don't get why this is hard to understand.

http://www.gamepur.com/news/15762-last-us-remastered-sold-15m-units-day-one-ps4-sales-just-short-hitting-10m.html

TLOU is a movie game and most consolites love movie games.

You're also comparing numbers from a remaster (i.e. a game which had already been reviewed and lauded given a face lift).

There were also not many other competing titles available for the PS4 at the time of its release.

Apples to oranges, but enjoy the replayability factor of your scripted movie title.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@casharmy said:
@the_master_race said:
@casharmy said:

So a flop?

Uh, yeah!

That's because The Last of US Remastered was sold as a part of a PS4 bundle mostly, dumbass. If not for the bundle, it would probably sell no more than 300k.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts
@Dasein808 said:
@casharmy said:

Uh, yeah!

TLOU is a movie game and most consolites love movie games.

You're also comparing numbers from a remaster (i.e. a game which had already been reviewed and lauded given a face lift).

There were also not many other competing titles available for the PS4 at the time of its release.

Apples to oranges, but enjoy the replayability factor of your scripted movie title.

please don't quote me again , I already lost many brain cells from reading your first comment

StarCraft 2: Legacy fo the Void Sells 1 Million Copies in 24 Hours

=============================================================

Fallout 4 Sold 1.2 Million Copies On Steam On Day One

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

"I'll wait for the console version despite the fact that it has been proven that XCOM doesn't sell well on consoles"

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Impressive.

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

The game is so muchvbetter than enemy unknown, after putting thousands of hours into the original xcom over the past 20+ years the reboot felt totally lacking and I hated it.

XCOM 2 however I put on to play for a coupke of hours and was on it for 10 hours straight, got no sleep now im stuck at work for 12 hours *sob*........it was worth it, though, ts such a vast improvement.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By casharmy

@jhonMalcovich said:
@casharmy said:
@the_master_race said:
@casharmy said:

So a flop?

Uh, yeah!

That's because The Last of US Remastered was sold as a part of a PS4 bundle mostly, dumbass. If not for the bundle, it would probably sell no more than 300k.

lol someone is upset because they can't construct an argument that supports his belief. All I see are excuses for a fanbase that has over 125 million users compared to a much smaller one and then insults which reflect more on your lack of argument ability than anything else.

If you want to make excuses using the bundle as an example, I can easily say that the game being made on PS4 inspired people to make those purchases. Obviously everyone knows TLOU is on PS3 yet 1.5 million more were purchased for PS4 and if those purchased included the purchase of a PS4 as in a bundle you can't say that TLOUR being offered wasn't key that spurred that purchase.

See, logic and reason prevail over petty insults and stupidity. Also I thought the new TOU pointed out we are supposed to keep topics based on the subject and not attack the users tsk tsk. Better watch yourself, it's not my fault you do not possess the tools required to present a proper argument without resorting to personal attacks and childish insults.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Is cash angry really trying to scold someone for using insults and being childish?

B_rich84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29 B_rich84
Member since 2013 • 367 Posts

@unrealgunner said:
@casharmy said:

So a flop?

What you have to understand is that this game will be selling for years unlike the console market. The console market is based off day one sales they don't have a long lifespan because their games don't have mods to extend the game. Skyrim sold 1.5 million in 2015 on PC according to SteamSpy and that game sold more on PC than any other platform.

Consoles lifespans are very short as well. I mean look at Diablo 2, Starcraft and Warcraft 3. They are very old now yet still sale 100k+ copies a year. It's a long term investment since PC games never "rotate". CDPR sold over 100k copies alone of The Witcher 2 on the Steam winter sale. They made over half a million on a week long sale of a game that is now 5 years old and probably has zero sales on consoles.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

I'm not surprised. I'm sure the great reviews didn't hurt.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#31 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

ITT people bashing sales with lackluster arguments. Nice.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

Pretty good, hopefully i get a chance to play it some time soon.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

"PC games don't sell obviously"

Even in a joking matter, no should be saying this anymore. Honestly, it's like joking about PC gaming dying. That sort of jokey talk might have had relevance 8 years ago, but not in 2016. PC gaming is big now, we don't have to try and prove that it's a viable platform, it basically speaks for itself.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

That's nothing special at all.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

So probably in the region of 1 million sales in the first week, that's not bad at all.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

does this count gmg sales?

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#37 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts
@lawlessx said:

does this count gmg sales?

i believe steamspy looks at everyone who owns the game on steam so should be sales from all sources

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#38 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

@Ant_17 said:

"I'll wait for the console version despite the fact that it has been proven that XCOM doesn't sell well on consoles"

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Just purchased mine and its downloading so 365001 sold

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Just purchased mine and its downloading so 365001 sold

good choice!

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

@casharmy said:
@the_master_race said:
@casharmy said:

So a flop?

Uh, yeah!

bazinga!

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@Heil68 said:
@casharmy said:
@the_master_race said:
@casharmy said:

So a flop?

Uh, yeah!

bazinga!

Diablo 3 sold 3.5 Million copies on PC on its first day and 6.3 Million in the first week

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/05/23/diablo-iii-crushes-pc-sales-records.aspx

The Last of Us doesn't hold any sales records

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Heil68

@GarGx1 said:
@Heil68 said:
@casharmy said:
@the_master_race said:
@casharmy said:

So a flop?

Uh, yeah!

bazinga!

Diablo 3 sold 3.5 Million copies on PC on its first day and 6.3 Million in the first week

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/05/23/diablo-iii-crushes-pc-sales-records.aspx

The Last of Us doesn't hold any sales records

should we compaire GTA V? COD? Battlefront? I think consoles would win those, I'm not 100% sure though, I hate to brag about stuff.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By lundy86_4

@Heil68 said:

bazinga!

Eh, not really.

I actually can't find any other source that doesn't cite insiderp (which has been taken down).

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Heil68

awwwwww, no fun to be had. :(

@lundy86_4 said:
@Heil68 said:

bazinga!

Eh, not really.

I actually can't find any other source that doesn't cite insiderp (which has been taken down).

Yams1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#46  Edited By Yams1980
Member since 2006 • 2862 Posts

thats a lot of sales for it just coming out. Plus its a turn based strategy game so it'll take a while to get people into it. I won't be getting it for a while though, its 80 dollars canadian at the moment. Even half that amount would feel like a lot.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By lundy86_4

@Heil68: Ha, my bad bro. You play the part a little too well.

ABtoxin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ABtoxin
Member since 2014 • 438 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

That's nothing special at all.

Considering a game like Bloodbourne sold only 713k units in one week those number are decent for 1st day. While Tomb raider sold less than that number on the first day for xbone.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@faizanhd said:

PC games don't sell obviously. Here's the steam spy link:

http://steamspy.com/app/268500

So what's next cows and lems ?

"I'll wait for the console version despite the fact that it has been proven that XCOM doesn't sell well on consoles" ?

Steamspy updated it sold more than 400k today

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#50 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Pretty damn strong sales for such a "niche" game. This isn't really a big shooter like CoD or Battlefield and it only released on the PC. Those are some damn strong sales for such a game.