XboxOne may get a performance boost from DX12 - Dev

  • 80 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

@blackace said:

@tormentos said:

@blackace said:

@ttboy: Be prepared for cows to come in and damage control this to death. Eventually more developers will get their hands on DX12 and come out with good news.

************************************************************************************

@lamprey263 said:

@magicalclick said:

@lamprey263:

Hmmm... DX12 is not even out to the devs yet.

well ain't that a bitch

It'll be out for the XB1 before the PC. PC is fall 2015. XB1 early 2015. The XB1 already has some DX12 features on it.

Is already on xbox one buffoon it has always been,DX12 is basically MS xbox one API on PC..

Reason why it wasn't demo on xbox one,and it was on PC,several developers already have say that the xbox one API does have DX12 features already,that is because DX12 is DX for xbox one on PC..

Get a nice chair so you have seat and wait for the so call visuals enhancements..

The full version of DX12 is NOT on the XBox One dum dum. lol!! Phil Spencer said this himself that there are only a few DX12 features on XB1. It wasn't demo on the XBox One because it's not the complete version. Why would anyone demo DX12 on the XB1 when it's not the complete version od DX12 with ALL the powerful goodness. That's just stupid (just like you comments). You find youself a nice hole in the ground, because that's where you'll need to hide after the E3 conferences are over.

lol faux-insider is back. This topic is complete.

Also needs to be locked though technically...surprised it lasted over night o.O.

#52 Posted by Spitfire-Six (460 posts) -

Everyone in this thread please watch this

https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2014/3-564

Maybe we can stop saying that dx12 is already on the xbox and that dx12 will improve the xbox to 100%.

#53 Edited by SolidTy (41427 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

@SolidTy said:

DX12 IS DUE/TARGETING HOLIDAY 2015! The fanboys keep talking about it like it's about to release and change everything. That's amusing. It's not going to change the hardware. This is just marketing PR and people should just stop talking about it until after it's released, instead of a thread every other day promising marketing jargon. When and if there are improvements, let's allow those 2015-2016 Xbone games speak to us. The hardware performance boost won't tip the scales, if that's what you are praying for.

@ttboy said:

Trials dev: We are eagerly waiting [for] DirectX 12. It's definitely possible that Xbox One will also get a performance boost from a new low-level API.

Misleading thread title:

"XboxOne will also get a performance boost from DX12 - Dev"

Dev actually said it's merely "possible" Xbone will get performance boost and the dev admits they don't have DX12.

There is a HUGE difference from "it's possible it will get boost" to "it will get a boost".

Way to inaccurately spin TC. This is exactly what PR wants and you oblige. inb4lock.

----

EDIT 1: The TC changed his thread title from 'will" to "may". It's now accurate and not misleading.

EDIT 2: I just noticed this...You need 500 posts to be allowed to create threads in the SW GS forum, TC.


Quick Rules in SW To Always Follow:

  • Must have at least 500 posts to create topics.
  • Keep your discussions around what belongs here: platforms, games, developers, publishers, and stats.
  • Do NOT quote more than two images in your post.
  • Do NOT have more than four quotes in your post (quote pyramids).

What are you doing TY? you know better than most that you don't need to upgrade the hardware itself on consoles to get a performance boost, thats why games look so much better at the end of a generation compared to the beginning of a generation.

I find it funny that when a DEV says the Xbone CANNOT do something that the Developer should be believed and they know what they are talking about but wehn developers say the Xbone CAN do something the same Developers are called unreliable or biased.

Firstly, performance boosts are going to continue for all three machines all generation. It happens every gen. DX12 is targeted for Holiday 2015, it will help, but even if it didn't, the Xbone would still see a performance boost over time. However, that's all off point.

The TC deliberately misquoted the developer, I corrected the TC's intentional misleading efforts.

I didn't dispute anything technical, just spoke about what the developer actually said.

Finally, you say you find it funny when a dev says Xbone "cannot and can" do something, and something about being the dev being biased or unreliable. None of that has to do with anything I said, again, I didn't dispute the developer, I called the Topic Creator out on his lies. The developer didn't say what the TC claimed and after reading the article I noticed what the TC did. Whether the dev is reliable or biased, I have no idea.

The TC has demonstrated that he's unreliable and biased and that's who was called out. The developer? I have no idea. The dev is an okay dude in my book, he made those Trials games.

My post is about the TCs lies and misquoting the developer and for people to wait for DX12 to release in nearly two years instead of making a thread every week. You should also note, the TC changed his thread title from 'will" to "may". It's now accurate and not misleading...but my post was made prior to that and he changed his previous misleading title because of my post.

My question is, what are you doing? None of your post has anything to do with my post. Did you quote the wrong person or did you knock a few back? Is my post that confusing? Did the new title confuse you when you read my post? Read my first post again, it's about the TC (Topic Creator) not being honest about what the Developer actually did say.

#54 Edited by Heil68 (42552 posts) -

PS4 will still be the world's most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history of video games.

#55 Posted by tormentos (16385 posts) -

Haha, dumb cow Tormentos claiming that DX12 is already on Xbox One again... That guy never gives up, nothing better to do then keep telling lies on the internet. It's getting sad.

We’re also working with our ISV and IHV partners on future efforts, including bringing the lightweight runtime and tooling capabilities of the Xbox One Direct3D implementation to Windows, and identifying the next generation of advanced 3D graphics technologies.

With Xbox One we have also made significant enhancements to the implementation of Direct3D 11, especially in the area of runtime overhead. The result is a very streamlined, “close to metal” level of runtime performance. In conjunction with the third generation PIX performance tool for Xbox One, developers can use Direct3D 11 to unlock the full performance potential of the console.

From MS own mouth...hahaha

You don't get it because you are to damn dumb,DX12 is basically XBO API on PC..lol

@blackace said:

LMAO@ El Tormo. You are such a fool, it's not even funny. I don't remember saying the XB1 outsold the PS3 by 70%. I know I said the XB1 was selling 60% better then the XBox 360. The XB1 was selling better then the PS3 and XBox 360 over the first 5 months. Find me the link where I said that. It might have been a typo. In any case the full version of DX12 is NOT on the Xbox One. Phil Spencer said it will be eventually. He said it would be on the XB1 before the PC. Also, the developers who are doubting it haven't seen it being utililzed on the XB1. Only a few devs have gotten the full scoop on what the XB1 will do with DX12. Having doubts and actually using it are two different things. Yes, the E3 will be fun. We'll see how many cows stick around after it's over.

The XB1 is doing the same thing the PS3 did. Having overstock of systems. The difference is the XB1 is selling like 70% better then the PS3 sold. Unlike the PS3, I don't see many gamers returning their XB1 to Gamestop or Best Buy for a refund because they can't tell them on Ebay. All Microsoft needs is a price cut and more quality exclusives and the systems will sell just fine.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/retailers-overflowing-with-xbone-production-may-st-31228422/?page=2#js-message-342336921

You don't remember i do...

There were only 2 things missing in DX12 the other 2 were already on xbox one,and the whole CPU lower over head and better multithread spreading is also a book from the xbox one pages and from the xbox 360 as well.

Face it there is no catching the PS4..

#56 Posted by ttboy (225 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@delta3074 said:

@SolidTy said:

DX12 IS DUE/TARGETING HOLIDAY 2015! The fanboys keep talking about it like it's about to release and change everything. That's amusing. It's not going to change the hardware. This is just marketing PR and people should just stop talking about it until after it's released, instead of a thread every other day promising marketing jargon. When and if there are improvements, let's allow those 2015-2016 Xbone games speak to us. The hardware performance boost won't tip the scales, if that's what you are praying for.

@ttboy said:

Trials dev: We are eagerly waiting [for] DirectX 12. It's definitely possible that Xbox One will also get a performance boost from a new low-level API.

Misleading thread title:

"XboxOne will also get a performance boost from DX12 - Dev"

Dev actually said it's merely "possible" Xbone will get performance boost and the dev admits they don't have DX12.

There is a HUGE difference from "it's possible it will get boost" to "it will get a boost".

Way to inaccurately spin TC. This is exactly what PR wants and you oblige. inb4lock.

----

EDIT: I just noticed this...You need 500 posts to be allowed to create threads in the SW GS forum, TC.

Quick Rules in SW To Always Follow:

  • Must have at least 500 posts to create topics.
  • Keep your discussions around what belongs here: platforms, games, developers, publishers, and stats.
  • Do NOT quote more than two images in your post.
  • Do NOT have more than four quotes in your post (quote pyramids).

What are you doing TY? you know better than most that you don't need to upgrade the hardware itself on consoles to get a performance boost, thats why games look so much better at the end of a generation compared to the beginning of a generation.

I find it funny that when a DEV says the Xbone CANNOT do something that the Developer should be believed and they know what they are talking about but wehn developers say the Xbone CAN do something the same Developers are called unreliable or biased.

Firstly, performance boosts are going to continue for all three machines all generation. It happens every gen. DX12 is targeted for Holiday 2015, it will help, but even if it didn't, the Xbone would still see a performance boost over time. However, that's all off point.

The TC deliberately misquoted the developer, I corrected the TC's intentional misleading efforts.

I didn't dispute anything technical, just spoke about what the developer actually said.

Finally, you say you find it funny when a dev says Xbone "cannot and can" do something, and something about being the dev being biased or unreliable. None of that has to do with anything I said, again, I didn't dispute the developer, I called the Topic Creator out on his lies. The developer didn't say what the TC claimed and after reading the article I noticed what the TC did. Whether the dev is reliable or biased, I have no idea.

The TC has demonstrated that he's unreliable and biased and that's who was called out. The developer? I have no idea. The dev is an okay dude in my book, he made those Trials games.

My post is about the TCs lies and misquoting the developer and for people to wait for DX12 to release in nearly two years instead of making a thread every week.

My question is, what are you doing? None of your post has anything to do with my post. Did you quote the wrong person or did you knock a few back? Is my post that confusing? Read it again, it's about the TC (Topic Creator) not being honest about what the Developer actually did say.

You cry a lot. The title was corrected move on.

#57 Edited by tdkmillsy (1227 posts) -

As usual another Dev says direct x 12 will/could help Xbox One and our favourite fanboy says it's not possible.

The full specs haven't even been released

You can't prove the benifits are already on as the specs haven't been released

If it was already on Xbox one as a whole it wouldn't take to 2015 to get to PC

Directx 12 will help Xbox One the Devs making the games see the potential and they are far more informed than you. The only way you can prove otherwise is accurately show what's on Xbox One now and what's in Directx 12 and you can't.

#58 Posted by tormentos (16385 posts) -

As usual another Dev says direct x 12 will/could help Xbox One and our favourite fanboy says it's not possible.

The full specs haven't even been released

You can't prove the benifits are already on as the specs haven't been released

If it was already on Xbox one as a whole it wouldn't take to 2015 to get to PC

Directx 12 will help Xbox One the Devs making the games see the potential and they are far more informed than you. The only way you can prove otherwise is accurately show what's on Xbox One now and what's in Directx 12 and you can't.

Will and could should not even be use on the same damn sentence if you are talking about some performance gain you expect..

There will be a performance boost,imply that the boost will happen,there could be a boost is not the same as that may or may not happen,so we went from 100% boost to it could help the xbox one..

Have a nice day ttboy...lol

#59 Posted by ttboy (225 posts) -

Yes it is only 2 missing features the rest already are there including the more important,lower CPU over head.

Not a factual statement

Posting on Twitter, Wardell wrote: "One way to look at the XBox One with DirectX 11 is it has 8 cores but only 1 of them does dx work. With dx12, all 8 do."

Asked how DX12 will benefit Xbox One games, Wardell replied: "I think it'll make it easier to have games run at higher resolution and have more objects on screen at once."

#60 Edited by SolidTy (41427 posts) -

@ttboy said:

@SolidTy said:

Firstly, performance boosts are going to continue for all three machines all generation. It happens every gen. DX12 is targeted for Holiday 2015, it will help, but even if it didn't, the Xbone would still see a performance boost over time. However, that's all off point.

The TC deliberately misquoted the developer, I corrected the TC's intentional misleading efforts.

I didn't dispute anything technical, just spoke about what the developer actually said.

Finally, you say you find it funny when a dev says Xbone "cannot and can" do something, and something about being the dev being biased or unreliable. None of that has to do with anything I said, again, I didn't dispute the developer, I called the Topic Creator out on his lies. The developer didn't say what the TC claimed and after reading the article I noticed what the TC did. Whether the dev is reliable or biased, I have no idea.

The TC has demonstrated that he's unreliable and biased and that's who was called out. The developer? I have no idea. The dev is an okay dude in my book, he made those Trials games.

My post is about the TCs lies and misquoting the developer and for people to wait for DX12 to release in nearly two years instead of making a thread every week. You should also note, the TC changed his thread title from 'will" to "may". It's now accurate and not misleading...but my post was made prior to that and he changed his previous misleading title because of my post.

My question is, what are you doing? None of your post has anything to do with my post. Did you quote the wrong person or did you knock a few back? Is my post that confusing? Did the new title confuse you when you read my post? Read my first post again, it's about the TC (Topic Creator) not being honest about what the Developer actually did say.

You cry a lot. The title was corrected move on.

I did move on. This guy quoted me with misdirected defenses, lol, and I gave him a rundown of events. Hardly crying. ;)

Good move fixing that title, I have no grievances now. Perhaps this guy saw your fixed title and didn't understand my post.

PEACE!

#61 Edited by tormentos (16385 posts) -

@ttboy said:

Yes it is only 2 missing features the rest already are there including the more important,lower CPU over head.

Not a factual statement

Posting on Twitter, Wardell wrote: "One way to look at the XBox One with DirectX 11 is it has 8 cores but only 1 of them does dx work. With dx12, all 8 do."

Asked how DX12 will benefit Xbox One games, Wardell replied: "I think it'll make it easier to have games run at higher resolution and have more objects on screen at once."

The xbox one doesn't even have 8 cores for gaming your buffoon it has 6..lol

And that is totally wrong since all cores are use and all threads as well,just like it was on xbox 360..

DX 12 help with CPU over head and better load spreading both have absolutely nothing to do with the GPU and the resolution been render..

Games will improve because they always improve Gears of war mopped the Floor with launch game on xbox 360,so did Uncharted with PS3 games,it wasn't some secret API that duplicated performance,it was because much launch games are rushware,Killzone didn't even ship with voice chat that rush games can be,Forza need it an update on launch,in fact this is by far the generation of incomplete games,most games need it a patch on launch,hell Ghost was 720p on PS4 and need it a patch so was AC4.

DX 12 will have little to do with the natural progression of games on xbox one,it will help will some things but the xbox one will trail the PS4 all gen long.

Bye tdkmillsy..

#62 Edited by Spitfire-Six (460 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@ttboy said:

Yes it is only 2 missing features the rest already are there including the more important,lower CPU over head.

Not a factual statement

Posting on Twitter, Wardell wrote: "One way to look at the XBox One with DirectX 11 is it has 8 cores but only 1 of them does dx work. With dx12, all 8 do."

Asked how DX12 will benefit Xbox One games, Wardell replied: "I think it'll make it easier to have games run at higher resolution and have more objects on screen at once."

The xbox one doesn't even have 8 cores for gaming your buffoon it has 6..lol

And that is totally wrong since all cores are use and all threads as well,just like it was on xbox 360..

DX 12 help with CPU over head and better load spreading both have absolutely nothing to do with the GPU and the resolution been render..

Games will improve because they always improve Gears of war mopped the Floor with launch game on xbox 360,so did Uncharted with PS3 games,it wasn't some secret API that duplicated performance,it was because much launch games are rushware,Killzone didn't even ship with voice chat that rush games can be,Forza need it an update on launch,in fact this is by far the generation of incomplete games,most games need it a patch on launch,hell Ghost was 720p on PS4 and need it a patch so was AC4.

DX 12 will have little to do with the natural progression of games on xbox one,it will help will some things but the xbox one will trail the PS4 all gen long.

Bye tdkmillsy..

FIFY

#63 Edited by FastRobby (753 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

Haha, dumb cow Tormentos claiming that DX12 is already on Xbox One again... That guy never gives up, nothing better to do then keep telling lies on the internet. It's getting sad.

We’re also working with our ISV and IHV partners on future efforts, including bringing the lightweight runtime and tooling capabilities of the Xbox One Direct3D implementation to Windows, and identifying the next generation of advanced 3D graphics technologies.

With Xbox One we have also made significant enhancements to the implementation of Direct3D 11, especially in the area of runtime overhead. The result is a very streamlined, “close to metal” level of runtime performance. In conjunction with the third generation PIX performance tool for Xbox One, developers can use Direct3D 11 to unlock the full performance potential of the console.

From MS own mouth...hahaha

You don't get it because you are to damn dumb,DX12 is basically XBO API on PC..lol

No it's not... As always you can't read and you are making up your own subtext. You are one dumbass guy because this text you are quoting is from 14th October. DX12 wasn't even mentioned, so how is DX12, DX11 from Xbox One for PC? Dumb cow.

#64 Edited by tormentos (16385 posts) -

FIFY

Yeah keep the dreams alive one more for the fun wall...hahahaa

#65 Edited by tormentos (16385 posts) -

No it's not... As always you can't read and you are making up your own subtext. You are one dumbass guy

We’re also working with our ISV and IHV partners on future efforts, including bringing the lightweight runtime and tooling capabilities of the Xbox One Direct3D implementation to Windows

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.............

MS own mouth...

Meanwhile on earth....

COD advance warfare 882p..lol

It would be a full year of the xbox one been out by the time that one hit,what will be the excuse.?

#66 Posted by Console_Caesar (46 posts) -

Lems are a dying bread, Xbox Done, no DX12 won't do a damn thing, it will never be as good as the PS4, never!

#67 Edited by Spitfire-Six (460 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

No it's not... As always you can't read and you are making up your own subtext. You are one dumbass guy

We’re also working with our ISV and IHV partners on future efforts, including bringing the lightweight runtime and tooling capabilities of the Xbox One Direct3D implementation to Windows

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.............

MS own mouth...

Meanwhile on earth....

COD advance warfare 882p..lol

It would be a full year of the xbox one been out by the time that one hit,what will be the excuse.?

You didn't watch the video I posted did you? Its a conference with the project head of Direct 3d talking about the new features. He explains the "console like api for pc response" Then he goes on to mention that the goal for the X1 is even more software abstraction removal. They are 2 separate entities. Ill look for the power point also, but the X1 has 2 of about 5 main features from direct3d12. Ill edit this post with the video link again.

edit.

https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2014/3-564

Note in the first few minutes of this video he makes the distinction between the xbox api and the pc api

#68 Edited by FastRobby (753 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@FastRobby said:

No it's not... As always you can't read and you are making up your own subtext. You are one dumbass guy

We’re also working with our ISV and IHV partners on future efforts, including bringing the lightweight runtime and tooling capabilities of the Xbox One Direct3D implementation to Windows

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.............

MS own mouth...

Meanwhile on earth....

COD advance warfare 882p..lol

It would be a full year of the xbox one been out by the time that one hit,what will be the excuse.?

AGAIN, learn to read, why do you cut stuff from my post? This is about the current Xbox One API, and bringing it to Windows in OCTOBER. It has nothing to do with DX12, but keep thinking it does ;) Keep thinking Microsoft is talking about DX12 6 months before GDC. DX12 is the next level, DX12 is a step further than the thing you are quoting now, DX12 isn't "just Mantle" like you've mentioned, DX12 is even better, it goes further, and has a lot of new features. It has been said by multiple developers, VP's from all big tech companies, but no I should trust random guy that copy/paste's shit from the internet... Go back to the lawn and keep eating grass, cow.

EDIT: To the person above me, thank you for proving what I was stating, now Tormentos can go back into the stable.

#69 Edited by tormentos (16385 posts) -

You didn't watch the video I posted did you? Its a conference with the project head of Direct 3d talking about the new features. He explains the "console like api for pc response" Then he goes on to mention that the goal for the X1 is even more software abstraction removal. They are 2 separate entities. Ill look for the power point also, but the X1 has 2 of about 5 main features from direct3d12. Ill edit this post with the video link again.

edit.

https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2014/3-564

Note in the first few minutes of this video he makes the distinction between the xbox api and the pc api

You mean closer to the metal like sony.? Or driver level like sony want to go.?

DX12 will do sh** and if you play your cards right and stay out of trouble you will be long enough here to hear me say i told you so when the xbox one fail to catch the PS4,i don't trust anything coming from MS period.

#70 Posted by tormentos (16385 posts) -

AGAIN, learn to read, why do you cut stuff from my post? This is about the current Xbox One API, and bringing it to Windows in OCTOBER. It has nothing to do with DX12, but keep thinking it does ;) Keep thinking Microsoft is talking about DX12 6 months before GDC. DX12 is the next level, DX12 is a step further than the thing you are quoting now, DX12 isn't "just Mantle" like you've mentioned, DX12 is even better, it goes further, and has a lot of new features. It has been said by multiple developers, VP's from all big tech companies, but no I should trust random guy that copy/paste's shit from the internet... Go back to the lawn and keep eating grass, cow.

EDIT: To the person above me, thank you for proving what I was stating, now Tormentos can go back into the stable.

DX12 is MS late arrival at what every one has been doing for years,only true fanboys deny it..

And i just hope both of you saty long enough so i see you eat those arguments,see you on late 2015,i hope that by then the xbox one stop been a sub 1080p and sub 900p console,last time that happen was with the xbox 360 and the majority of games are sub 720p,no kind of optimization could do for the lack of power to run all those games at 720p with 4XAA like MS promise on 2005.

#71 Posted by Spitfire-Six (460 posts) -

@spitfire-six said:

You didn't watch the video I posted did you? Its a conference with the project head of Direct 3d talking about the new features. He explains the "console like api for pc response" Then he goes on to mention that the goal for the X1 is even more software abstraction removal. They are 2 separate entities. Ill look for the power point also, but the X1 has 2 of about 5 main features from direct3d12. Ill edit this post with the video link again.

edit.

https://channel9.msdn.com/Events/Build/2014/3-564

Note in the first few minutes of this video he makes the distinction between the xbox api and the pc api

You mean closer to the metal like sony.? Or driver level like sony want to go.?

DX12 will do sh** and if you play your cards right and stay out of trouble you will be long enough here to hear me say i told you so when the xbox one fail to catch the PS4,i don't trust anything coming from MS period.

So you don't believe the head of the department developing the technology your bashing? Its all good only time will tell. Problem is that whatever performance gained may not even be tangible. You may not be able to see the difference so will that still equal a I told you so? The PS4 development environment has been more mature from the release, add to that the simple arrangement of the system makes it very easy to get very good results quickly. I am looking forward to seeing what both of these systems will have to offer in 2 years. I don't see a change coming soon its just too quick to develop new engines, and new libraries to take full advantage of what they both have to offer. My point is while it is fun to debate these aspects of the system war constantly arguing against them with the only reason being that you don't trust MS is silly. The competition between these to companies will benefit us consumers for a long while. It could be worse Apple could buy Playstation...

#72 Posted by cainetao11 (15782 posts) -

Uhm cool? I have a gaming PC for teh powah; and consoles for games. I don't care, the games look pretty good to me, just make more of them.

#73 Posted by ttboy (225 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

@ttboy said:

@SolidTy said:

Firstly, performance boosts are going to continue for all three machines all generation. It happens every gen. DX12 is targeted for Holiday 2015, it will help, but even if it didn't, the Xbone would still see a performance boost over time. However, that's all off point.

The TC deliberately misquoted the developer, I corrected the TC's intentional misleading efforts.

I didn't dispute anything technical, just spoke about what the developer actually said.

Finally, you say you find it funny when a dev says Xbone "cannot and can" do something, and something about being the dev being biased or unreliable. None of that has to do with anything I said, again, I didn't dispute the developer, I called the Topic Creator out on his lies. The developer didn't say what the TC claimed and after reading the article I noticed what the TC did. Whether the dev is reliable or biased, I have no idea.

The TC has demonstrated that he's unreliable and biased and that's who was called out. The developer? I have no idea. The dev is an okay dude in my book, he made those Trials games.

My post is about the TCs lies and misquoting the developer and for people to wait for DX12 to release in nearly two years instead of making a thread every week. You should also note, the TC changed his thread title from 'will" to "may". It's now accurate and not misleading...but my post was made prior to that and he changed his previous misleading title because of my post.

My question is, what are you doing? None of your post has anything to do with my post. Did you quote the wrong person or did you knock a few back? Is my post that confusing? Did the new title confuse you when you read my post? Read my first post again, it's about the TC (Topic Creator) not being honest about what the Developer actually did say.

You cry a lot. The title was corrected move on.

I did move on. This guy quoted me with misdirected defenses, lol, and I gave him a rundown of events. Hardly crying. ;)

Good move fixing that title, I have no grievances now. Perhaps this guy saw your fixed title and didn't understand my post.

PEACE!

Fair enough:)

#74 Posted by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

Genuine curiosity as to why this topic still lives. TC = <500posts lol.

#75 Posted by ttboy (225 posts) -

@ttboy said:

Yes it is only 2 missing features the rest already are there including the more important,lower CPU over head.

Not a factual statement

Posting on Twitter, Wardell wrote: "One way to look at the XBox One with DirectX 11 is it has 8 cores but only 1 of them does dx work. With dx12, all 8 do."

Asked how DX12 will benefit Xbox One games, Wardell replied: "I think it'll make it easier to have games run at higher resolution and have more objects on screen at once."

The xbox one doesn't even have 8 cores for gaming your buffoon it has 6..lol

And that is totally wrong since all cores are use and all threads as well,just like it was on xbox 360..

DX 12 help with CPU over head and better load spreading both have absolutely nothing to do with the GPU and the resolution been render..

Games will improve because they always improve Gears of war mopped the Floor with launch game on xbox 360,so did Uncharted with PS3 games,it wasn't some secret API that duplicated performance,it was because much launch games are rushware,Killzone didn't even ship with voice chat that rush games can be,Forza need it an update on launch,in fact this is by far the generation of incomplete games,most games need it a patch on launch,hell Ghost was 720p on PS4 and need it a patch so was AC4.

DX 12 will have little to do with the natural progression of games on xbox one,it will help will some things but the xbox one will trail the PS4 all gen long.

Bye tdkmillsy..

You should take it up with Brad since he was asked the same thing.

Mikus Rakis ‏@mikusr Apr 14

@draginol besides games on xbox one get to use only 6 cores

Brad Wardell ‏@draginol Apr 15

@Nicodemus9 @mikusr not that I'm aware of. #cores for gaming is different than cores that interact with the GPU.

#76 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6121 posts) -

Lems are a dying bread, Xbox Done, no DX12 won't do a damn thing, it will never be as good as the PS4, never!

And the PS4 will never match the glorious PC. Beg for forgivness you sony peasant.

#77 Edited by Indicud (739 posts) -

It already helped make the next COD 882p.

Hopefully when DX13 releases it can make it 900p

#78 Posted by tormentos (16385 posts) -

@ttboy said:

You should take it up with Brad since he was asked the same thing.

Mikus Rakis ‏@mikusr Apr 14

@draginol besides games on xbox one get to use only 6 cores

Brad Wardell ‏@draginol Apr 15

@Nicodemus9 @mikusr not that I'm aware of. #cores for gaming is different than cores that interact with the GPU.

That is because regardless of not been use for games,they still have to interact with the GPU for OS purposes the xbox one reserve 2% GPU for OS it use to be 10 remember,but regardless of 8 core interacting with the GPU,only 6 can be use for gaming the other 2 are tied for OS and this is the same as on PS4.

#79 Posted by tormentos (16385 posts) -

So you don't believe the head of the department developing the technology your bashing? Its all good only time will tell. Problem is that whatever performance gained may not even be tangible. You may not be able to see the difference so will that still equal a I told you so? The PS4 development environment has been more mature from the release, add to that the simple arrangement of the system makes it very easy to get very good results quickly. I am looking forward to seeing what both of these systems will have to offer in 2 years. I don't see a change coming soon its just too quick to develop new engines, and new libraries to take full advantage of what they both have to offer. My point is while it is fun to debate these aspects of the system war constantly arguing against them with the only reason being that you don't trust MS is silly. The competition between these to companies will benefit us consumers for a long while. It could be worse Apple could buy Playstation...

As much as i believe them when they claim the xbox 360 had 276GB/s bandwidth several times faster than the PS3,and how they falsely claim that the Xenon CPU had more computation power the Cell,by actually comparing the 3 cores 6 threads of the xbox 360 vs just the PPE on Cell and ignoring the 7 SPE Cell had as well.

Reality check..

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/778?vs=777

The xbox one has power relative to a 7770 the PS4 a little stronger than a 7850,his is what it comes to you see the PS4 will always be faster so while both games run at 1080p the PS4 will probably be from 1 5 to 20 or even more FPS faster,so in order to keep parity frame wise a sacrifice will be made,which mean cutting down resolution,if you actually see most games instead of having a frame difference have a resolution difference than it because is easier and more effective to have a 720p or 900p and upscale it to 1080p to cover the hole,than having both games running at the resolution and face what happen in Tomb Raider where the PS4 version in many times double the xbox one version 60 FPS to 30 FPS,all that while also having better effects,there is no software that can make up for the difference between the consoles,and the same gains that apply to the xbox one also apply to the PS4,is a long gen and still starting but just like you see MS make advancement you will also see sony.

#80 Posted by Spitfire-Six (460 posts) -

@tormentos:

You keep copy and pasting the same argument in every thread. No one has made any of those statements. Who are you talking to? Even in my post I mention the PS4 improving? Do you even read the post you are quoting? So you should either develop a new argument or wait until someone is actually trying to argue with you about those cookie cutter talking points you have.

#81 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3021 posts) -

Users are required to have a minimum of 500 posts in order to create threads in System Wars. Please read the System Wars Survival Guide sticky for more information.