Xbox Teases "BIG Surprises" at Gamescon

• 86 results
#1 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

Click here if you Dare

Could be cool to see if we do get some legit surprises from MS what does everyone think. IMO I think if MS isn;t teasing some shit DLC or add on service or whatever they may defeat Sony this Xmas but I could also be reading to hard into it also.

"Microsoft has announced that its Gamescom 2014 Xbox briefing will take place on August 12, and hinted at some of the things that might be revealed."

#2 Posted by Telekill (5137 posts) -

There should be surprises from both Microsoft and Sony at this event. What would be the point of having this event if there are no announcements?

#3 Edited by IamAdorable (407 posts) -

As long as I get to see Quantum Break :p

#4 Edited by tacoma1972 (197 posts) -

Another price cut? Putting Kinect back in the box? Ohhhhhh Im on the edge of my seat. Perhaps xbox tv is alive an well................................... no wait, the cloud is real and it is going to make the one even more powerful..................................hahahahaha.

#5 Edited by blackace (21411 posts) -

Can't wait. More exclusive games and maybe an emulator or VR announcement. This should be interesting and it's less then 2 weeks away.

#6 Posted by Netret0120 (2871 posts) -

Another price cut to $350

#7 Edited by TheEroica (14486 posts) -

They should just keep hammering exclusive games, both indie and AAA... this is the correct course of redemption and for 8 generations, has been the way back into gamers hearts.

#8 Posted by chikenfriedrice (11053 posts) -

MS surprises don't usually end up being that special....I will reserve my excitement.

#9 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

Great, now when they happen I won't be surprised.

#10 Posted by Heil68 (47265 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

MS surprises don't usually end up being that special....I will reserve my excitement.

nor do SONY's. Nothing stays unleaked these days anyways.

#11 Posted by chikenfriedrice (11053 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

nor do SONY's. Nothing stays unleaked these days anyways.

True

#12 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (16266 posts) -

They might be firing more people.

#13 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

@Telekill said:

There should be surprises from both Microsoft and Sony at this event. What would be the point of having this event if there are no announcements?

Well considering most surprises and announcements are made at E3 it's a nice change though I don't expect much from both.

#14 Posted by Vatusus (5221 posts) -

These publishers always tease "big" surprises and it always ends up being disappointing.

#15 Edited by CyberLips (1824 posts) -

That's what they all say every year, i don't expect anything special from either side.

#16 Posted by PapaTrop (1710 posts) -

Conker will also make an appearance in Sunset Overdrive.

#17 Posted by dommeus (9433 posts) -

@Telekill said:

Show off new games? New tech? New peripherals? New services?

#19 Posted by ninjapirate2000 (3255 posts) -

I'm prepared to be disappointed. I'm not excited about shit like that when they announce it to the public because it ends up being a disappointment.

#20 Posted by Dragerdeifrit (246 posts) -

another CoD clone

#21 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@IamAdorable said:

#22 Edited by SYSTEM-REBOOT (658 posts) -

Gears of war 4

#23 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7885 posts) -
@system-reboot said:

Gears of war 4

Gears of Four

#24 Edited by IamAdorable (407 posts) -
@b4x said:

Bring it on :D

#25 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

#26 Posted by ni6htmare01 (1112 posts) -

By selling Xbox brand to Amazon or Samsung? lol

#27 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

@ni6htmare01 said:

By selling Xbox brand to Amazon or Samsung? lol

Merging the Xbox Division with EA more likely.

29 billion dollar merger. All rights reserved to Microsoft.

GG

#28 Posted by HadOne2Many (1469 posts) -

Halo 5 gameplay and teaser for Gears of War 4. Oh and a side scrolling Gears game for Windows phone. #shittytruthfacts

#29 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (7172 posts) -

@IamAdorable said:

Yeah!! Would also love to see some info on the new Gears game.

#30 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10846 posts) -

@b4x said:

Quantum Break is the reason I'm tuning into Gamescomm this year, can't wait to finally see the game!!!

#31 Edited by lamprey263 (25616 posts) -

Well, it'd be awesome if they could achieve an update that brings full Xbox 360 backwards compatibility. Though, I'm not holding my breath on this.

#32 Posted by hoosier7 (3981 posts) -

Meh, this happens for every single event from every single company and i can probably only think of a few genuine surprises between them.

#33 Posted by I_can_haz (6511 posts) -

@Vatusus said:

These publishers always tease "big" surprises and it always ends up being disappointing.

^ ^ This. Not even Godny is immune to this. The best surprises are always leaked before the conference. The weaksauce ones that no one cares about are what usually get revealed at these conferences.

#34 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

@Vatusus said:

^ ^ This. Not even Godny is immune to this. The best surprises are always leaked before the conference. The weaksauce ones that no one cares about are what usually get revealed at these conferences.

Probably true I miss secrecy :(

#35 Posted by david61983 (271 posts) -

Hopefully they announce a $299 price. That's the only way that piece of crap will sell.

#36 Posted by ButDuuude (574 posts) -

I miss surprises.

@b4x said:

lol!

#37 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (2785 posts) -

Hi I'm Major Nelson....I'd like to announce that we're giving up on the Xbox 1 and starting on the Xbox For Real......did you guys really think this was it?.....like we would really force Kinect on you.

GOTCHA!

#38 Posted by aroxx_ab (10798 posts) -

Quantum Break lol lemz be prepared for a QTE-fest movie game...at 792p/20-30fps

#39 Posted by Shewgenja (11039 posts) -
Loading Video...

#40 Posted by silversix_ (16233 posts) -

Just give Bones for free already. That's what i'd do if i wanted households to own the god damn thing

#41 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

@david61983 said:

Hopefully they announce a $299 price. That's the only way that piece of crap will sell.

I doubt it, problem is they already cut the price cutting it again so soon would mean less profit for them.

#42 Posted by commonfate (12853 posts) -

Live demos for everyone's favorites! Gears, Halo and Forza for everyone!

#43 Posted by nutcrackr (12847 posts) -

More remakes probably, gears 1 remastered.

#44 Edited by drummerdave9099 (894 posts) -

Hoping for the best, expecting Kranky Kong levels of exciting announcements.

#45 Edited by Shewgenja (11039 posts) -

XBone without a megaton announcement

#46 Posted by Daious (2076 posts) -

They are exactly doing a gamescon conference this year? Didn't they bail out last year?

#47 Posted by tacoma1972 (197 posts) -

It's MS. Bunch of bs, flip flopping, back room deals to try and make it seem like there was some planning with what appears to be a rushed joke of a machine. I love that it's getting owned. This Christmas will be interesting. I expect the ps4 to sell out and the flop to fill shelves. Stupid delusional lemmings keep holding on.

#48 Posted by silversix_ (16233 posts) -

'Big' for MS's standards is like a month of exclusive CoD dlc lol

#49 Posted by Chutebox (38344 posts) -

@Shewgenja: Really wish I didn't see that

#50 Posted by RR360DD (13049 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

'Big' for MS's standards is like a month of exclusive CoD dlc lol

Still beats Sony and their exclusive console debut indie announcements.