Xbox’s E3 to Focus on Hardcore Gamers

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

@The_Last_Ride

Rayman Legends is ! :) its pretty hardcore.... You die even more than Dark Souls.... Except its not as Punnishing.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@Puggy301 said:

@b4x said:

@Puggy301:

They don't need to drop Kinect. They need to eat the 100 dollar loss and sell it for $399. Dropping the Kinect and charging $399 going against a console that is more powerful. Is not a price drop? They must keep the value in the package.

Remember, we're talking about M$ appealing to hardcore gamers here, and hardcore gamers have no use for Kinect. I don't want one, and none of my friends who owned a 360 have bought one primarily because of Kinect and Xbone's subpar specs. M$ is losing this gen so far because they have alienated hardcore gamers, which is why Spencer is now attempting to refocus M$' efforts on winning them back.

Try to employ some logic here. Why do you think the 360 was such a resounding success? Was it because the 360 acted as some kind of half-assed, jack-of-all-trades, swiss-army-knife TV hub, appealing to soccer moms and Nintendo kiddies, or because of its appeal to hardcore gamers? Which group do you think bought more 360's and made it the best selling console for much of the 7th gen? The same formula will work for the Xbone as well. Again, if M$ is really serious about winning back hardcore gamers they'll stop dicking around and offer hardcore gamers what they really want without gimmicks.

You don't have to plug it in? All I said was drop the price as is, maintaining the value of the package. While keeping the same ecosystem in place. I never said to focus on the Kinect for gaming. Maybe some games for my kid.

You can sell the Kinect 2 on Ebay all day long for $100 dollars.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@PinkieWinkie said:

@RR360DD: I stopped reading after MS won last years E3.

How does it feel that you have to troll to say something positive about the XBone?

pretty sad but that what they have to do when they are lems :(

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#54  Edited By Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

I will believe it when I see it

Puggy301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Puggy301
Member since 2003 • 202 Posts

@b4x said:

@Puggy301 said:

@b4x said:

@Puggy301:

They don't need to drop Kinect. They need to eat the 100 dollar loss and sell it for $399. Dropping the Kinect and charging $399 going against a console that is more powerful. Is not a price drop? They must keep the value in the package.

Remember, we're talking about M$ appealing to hardcore gamers here, and hardcore gamers have no use for Kinect. I don't want one, and none of my friends who owned a 360 have bought one primarily because of Kinect and Xbone's subpar specs. M$ is losing this gen so far because they have alienated hardcore gamers, which is why Spencer is now attempting to refocus M$' efforts on winning them back.

Try to employ some logic here. Why do you think the 360 was such a resounding success? Was it because the 360 acted as some kind of half-assed, jack-of-all-trades, swiss-army-knife TV hub, appealing to soccer moms and Nintendo kiddies, or because of its appeal to hardcore gamers? Which group do you think bought more 360's and made it the best selling console for much of the 7th gen? The same formula will work for the Xbone as well. Again, if M$ is really serious about winning back hardcore gamers they'll stop dicking around and offer hardcore gamers what they really want without gimmicks.

You don't have to plug it in? All I said was drop the price as is maintaining the value of the package. While keeping the same ecosystem in place. I never said to focus on the Kinect for gaming. Maybe some games for my kid.

If I don't have to plug it in, then M$ doesn't have to include it with my Xbone. Making it an optional accessory, as they should've done all along, is the best way to streamline the Xbone to make it more attractive to hardcore gamers. Hardcore gamers like to go easy and greasy. Just give us the hardware and the games. If your kid (or mine) wants to play Goofy Gus Golf or Rockem Sockem Soccer with his Kinect you can always buy him a Kinect separately.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 B4X

@Krelian-co said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

How does it feel that you have to troll to say something positive about the XBone?

Black flag locked up during the PS4 conference. They showed Indy's and the order. How did they win?

Price tag+No DRM..... How the hell is that winning? When you're a true gamer.

They showed Knack and Killzone dude. Think about that for a minute. If you even think they were close to winning. Just wow.

Price and trading games is not a win. Games= Win

Microsoft showed more games.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 B4X

@Puggy301 said:

@b4x said:

@Puggy301 said:

@b4x said:

@Puggy301:

You don't have to plug it in? All I said was drop the price as is maintaining the value of the package. While keeping the same ecosystem in place. I never said to focus on the Kinect for gaming. Maybe some games for my kid.

If I don't have to plug it in, then M$ doesn't have to include it with my Xbone. Making it an optional accessory, as they should've done all along, is the best way to streamline the Xbone to make it more attractive to hardcore gamers. Hardcore gamers like to go easy and greasy. Just give us the hardware and the games. If your kid (or mine) wants to play Goofy Gus Golf or Rockem Sockem Soccer with his Kinect you can always buy him a Kinect separately.

That's your call. Nothing wrong with that at all. You opinion is just as valid as mine.

I like more. More is better. My kid likes Kinect. I'm glad it was in the package. I would have had to buy the damn thing anyways :|

$399 with the package the way it is. I believe it's the right thing to do. Then you don't fragment the player base.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@b4x said:

@Krelian-co said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

Black flag locked up during the PS4 conference. They showed Indy's and the order. How did they win?

They showed Knack and Killzone dude. Think about that for a minute. If you even think they were close to winning. Just wow.

and then bam, you woke up.

Return to your main acc.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@RR360DD said:

Great news. MS won last E3 in games, so this time will be even better.

Hopefully cows get at least one non-indie game announcement so its not too lop-sided LOL

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By B4X

@Krelian-co:

I own both. This is my main. Games = Win. Sorry I'm objective?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@Krelian-co said:

@b4x said:

@Krelian-co said:

@PinkieWinkie said:

and then bam, you woke up.

Return to your main acc.

No argument then?

I guess its hard to create a counter-argument when all you have to back yourself up with is The Order.

LOL

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Kinect Sports Rivals 2?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#64  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Good for X1 owners! I just hope MS doesn't 'steal' any of the multiplats i'm waiting for.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 B4X

@lostrib said:

Kinect Sports Rivals 2?

My kid loves those games. Back off :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#66  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Lets see how much will they talk about the kinect...

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Animal-Mother

@RR360DD said:

@PinkieWinkie: "I stopped reading after MS won last years E3."

Well that was a pretty stupid thing to do. If you had've continued reading you'd have seen I said they won in games.

I won't deny the media shitstorm Sony cooked up allowing used games and all that crap. Too bad they only announced The Order though. One game announcement. Pathetic LOL

Despite who showed more games sony is selling more consoles. Interesting isn't it?

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

Best Case Scenario: New IPs, great 3rd party support. Price drop incoming

Worse Case Scenario: Kinect/Gears/Halo repeat

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#69 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

they said that last e3....the price was too hardcore

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@Animal-Mother said:

@RR360DD said:

Well that was a pretty stupid thing to do. If you had've continued reading you'd have seen I said they won in games.

I won't deny the media shitstorm Sony cooked up allowing used games and all that crap. Too bad they only announced The Order though. One game announcement. Pathetic LOL

Despite who showed more games sony is selling more consoles. Interesting isn't it?

Predictable, and certainly not interesting.

I hope those sales give you as much enjoyment as games do.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Animal-Mother

@RR360DD said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@RR360DD said:

Predictable, and certainly not interesting.

I hope those sales give you as much enjoyment as games do.

Ohh, Second son, (superior to XB1 BF4), AC4, Child of Light, Outlast, warframe and a handful of other games are keeping entertained greatly.

And the show comes out tomorrow.

Please tell me what was the last core exclusive to come out for the one? Because Kinect adventures is so hardcore.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Anything short of unbundling Kinect is just PR bullshit to lull you into buying a Cable Box masquerading as a game console.

gohan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#73  Edited By gohan_3
Member since 2003 • 1094 Posts

Im personally not falling for this trick again. They started putting all their effort towards attracting the super casuals and lost sight of the fact that the hardcore gamers and casual gamers such as myself are the ones which help support them. They almost completley stopped support of making real games and instead relying on games and gimmicks. I see them going for the hardcore gamers again and cutting off support once they attract enough people towards their systen

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@b4x said:

@Puggy301 said:

@b4x said:

@Puggy301 said:

@b4x said:

@Puggy301:

That's your call. Nothing wrong with that at all. You opinion is just as valid as mine.

I like more. More is better. My kid likes Kinect. I'm glad it was in the package. I would have had to buy the damn thing anyways :|

$399 with the package the way it is. I believe it's the right thing to do. Then you don't fragment the player base.

Same with me. MY son likes Kinect, my wife likes Xbox Fitness, and my best friend and his son use it for movie nights and moving around all the stuff the One does. I get that alot of people dislike Kinect, but not everyone. MS needs games and apps and features to show why people should want to use it, but if they remove it from the box devs and app creators won't work nearly as hard in creating new content that could change opinions. Right now 4+ million people have Kinect 2.0. regardless of how many use it to whatever degree they choose. But devs and designers know its in every Xbox One box, and that's incentive to create for it. This is one time where I truly feel strongly MS needs to eat the financial loss early this gen and drop the price of the One to $350-$399 with Kinect included. What people think today and what they think a year from now could dramatically change with the right games, apps and features. But there needs to be incentive for those indie game devs, and those ambitious third party devs and app creators to want to create. Hardcore gamers care about games first... but show anyone something that's really interesting and minds can change. Hardcore gamers are far more angry at having to pay for Kinect rather than its existence. If you drop the price and show the games they'll buy Xbox One and put Kinect in the closet or sell it if they choose. And then in time if a game, feature, or app arrives that intrigues them they can dig it out or buy a Cheap one online and MS starts to make money. Taking Kinect out nearly removes any chance of it ever talking off IMHO.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#75 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Don't they always say the same?

xX0LDSCH00LXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 xX0LDSCH00LXx
Member since 2007 • 1423 Posts

@Wasdie said:

I'm hoping that a lot of these new games are good and the Xbox One gets a price drop before holiday of this year. I want to pick one up but I need more reason than just Halo 5 to justify. A $399 price tag would be much more desirable as well as a bunch of good games.

If you need a damn reason to buy an X1 but already own a PS4 then you're nothing but a worthless fucking troll.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Animal-Mother

@xX0LDSCH00LXx said:

@Wasdie said:

I'm hoping that a lot of these new games are good and the Xbox One gets a price drop before holiday of this year. I want to pick one up but I need more reason than just Halo 5 to justify. A $399 price tag would be much more desirable as well as a bunch of good games.

If you need a damn reason to buy an X1 but already own a PS4 then you're nothing but a worthless fucking troll.

How does that make someone a troll.

When it comes down to things like preferences it's hard to argue.

While both systems are indeed lacking some hot games there are reasons to pick up both ( $100 price difference helps as well to pick up the PS4)

For me it's quantum break that'll put me over the edge but it doesn't even have a release date yet.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Also Spancer dosent want Microsoft to come on stage and talk about Window Phone, tablets and other stuff like that. Spancer says he wants to make all about games, games and only games.

That would be good. That's what Sony does.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By clr84651

@epic-gamerz said:

Thank you for the Hope M$... Can't wait for DX12 to destroy the PS4

It most likely will just put it on par, but who knows?

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#81 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts

Hopefully ends up being true. Also would like to see them unbundle the POS that is the Kinect from the Xbox One.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 clr84651

@MirkoS77 said:

If only they'd announce a Kinnectless SKU.

I doubt that will happen. It's too integrated in the X1.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

This is bad news.

Microsoft's all about kinecting with their audience.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#84  Edited By hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

@Gue1: lol

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

I really hope sony show off some games this year, my PS4 got some play time from Infamous, and now collects dust on the shelf. At least my X1 makes a decent media device when the games are done. WiiWho?

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

the last time microsoft touted games for the hardcore we got halo,forza,fable, and COD.

i just hope this time they have some new IPs to show wont turn microsoft E3 into a call of duty presentation

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#87  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

By "Hardcore" what they mean is" shooting people in the face" games.

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#88 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

E3? For hardcore gamers? Who ever heard of such a thing.

Bout time they get it.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

I feel that every year the big three say this same exact thing. Are people still falling for it?

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

So they will try to copy Sony from last year?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#91  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58900 Posts

@limpbizkit818 said:

I feel that every year the big three say this same exact thing. Are people still falling for it?

The good news is, even if you aren't a hardcore gamer hardcore, you can pay $40 to micro-transaction your way to hardcore. **** yea!

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#92  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

@ps4hasnogames said:

So they will try to copy Sony from last year?

Well, Why not follow by example?

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#93 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

So they do care about me.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@_Matt_ said:

This is gonna be a sweeeeet e3 :D

Yeah true that!

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#95  Edited By Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

@RR360DD said:

Great news. MS won last E3 in games, so this time will be even better.

Hopefully cows get at least one non-indie game announcement so its not too lop-sided LOL

Project Beast

The last Gaurdian

Uncharted

Order 1886

Guerrilla games IP

I'm sure they will be alright