Xbox’s E3 to Focus on Hardcore Gamers, Some News Coming in May; No Portable Xbox Coming and More
- Spencer doesn’t think Microsoft will introduce a dedicated handheld gaming device. Instead they’ll work on Windows Phone and tablets, maybe with controller support some day.
- Spencer wants to make E3′s show more focused on the fans and he’s looking for ideas to make them feel like the conference is for them even if they aren’t in Los Angeles.
- The main focus will be on hardcore gamers.
- There was an idea to make Cortana the voice of the show, but Spencer didn’t like it. He likes the Windows Phone feature but doesn’t want to overdo it.
- Fans won’t have to wait for Tokyo Game Show to see Japanese Xbox games (possibly meaning that we’ll see them at E3).
- This year Microsoft will show “stuff we are committed to, from top studios, for this year and future.”
- We’ll get a “couple of things” announced before E3. May “Should be a good month for news.” It took Spencer a month to get the plans set.
- Spencer has strict orders not to talk “about anything related to a 343i IP” before E3.
- Both new IP and sequels will be announced at this year’s show.
Phil Spencer wants timed demos and more demos on Xbox One