Xbox/PS4 controller?

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Well I have been playing my PS4 since yesterday and I have to admit that the Xbox One controller dominates the PS4 controller. The PS4 controller is too wide. It just looks and feels awkward. The Xbone controller is damn near perfect. PS4 controller is light but I also like the rumble features on the Xbone controller way better.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

Cows think the DS4 is the best controller for the simple fact that they finally have one that doesn't suck.

The fact is that it still sux what compared to THE ONE.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

the correct answer

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@RimacBugatti: I find the DS4 a Big leap over the DS3 I don't know what controller you're using but the DS4 is not wide awkward, if an 8 year old can play it fine and not have any issues, then there's clearly something wrong with you.

Jacobistheman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jacobistheman
Member since 2007 • 3975 Posts

I agree. I think the DS4 is great, but the Xbox One controller is better. It just feels better in my hands.

-Snooze-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By -Snooze-
Member since 2009 • 7304 Posts

For once both the MS and SONY have excellent controllers. I still prefer the Xbones due to the stick layout however, as my Thumbs tend to get crowded on the DS4

Avatar image for destroyerman455
destroyerman455

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 destroyerman455
Member since 2005 • 77 Posts

@Solid_Max13 said:

@RimacBugatti: I find the DS4 a Big leap over the DS3 I don't know what controller you're using but the DS4 is not wide awkward, if an 8 year old can play it fine and not have any issues, then there's clearly something wrong with you.

I agree with this statement except for the part with the 8 year old using it. An 8 year old most likely has small hands and from my own experience, both the DS3 and 4 seem to be too small for me to hold due to my longer fingers and larger hands. The DS4 is ,like you said, a much better improvement over the DS3 and its nicer to hold, but it isn't nearly as comfortable as an Xbox 360 or One controller.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

Only spent 45 minutes with the DS4 and its HUGE HUGE improvement. Still not as good as the X1 controller though.

The stick layout of the Xbox controller is superior, I prefer the overall shape and its prettier too.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@Jacobistheman said:

I agree. I think the DS4 is great, but the Xbox One controller is better. It just feels better in my hands.

Yeah I agree... the XB1 controller feels slightly better in the hands (although it feels alittle small to me at times). However, the DS4 is a massive improvement over previous Dualshocks. One of my favourite features is actually the little speaker on it. Great idea!

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

@destroyerman455: it's true the controlled fits fine in an 8 year olds hands, but rumble

On the xbone is better I admit, I do like the xbone layout an triggers, but I give sony credit that the controller is leaps being DS3

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

If you're used to controlling the bumpers and triggers with just your index finger, the Xbox One controller wins hands down. If you use index and middle finger to control bumper and trigger separately, the PS4 controller probably makes more sense. They're both nice improvements over last gen.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#12 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

ITT: Idiots thinking their muscle memory = controller being better. NO. The One controller isnt better than the DS4, you're just more used to the 360 controller just like someone used to the DS3 will prefer the DS4. I play with a 360 controler on my PC and besides shooters, mostly because of the better triggers, I still prefer the DS3 for everything else, because I was used to it ever since the PS1 days. There is no "better" sticker layout, its just your hands that are/were used to one.

starwolf474

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By starwolf474
Member since 2013 • 989 Posts

The PS4 controller is definitely a huge improvement over the PS3 controller. It's great that a PlayStation console finally has a controller that feels comfortable in adult size hands and does not feel like a cheap toy, but it is still not as good as the Xbox One controller and definitely not as good as the Xbox 360 controller.

Xbox 360 controller > Xbox One controller > PS4 controller >>>>>>>>> a cactus > PS3 controller

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Having games on both extensively, I can say with out bias that the PS4 controller is the best. Not sure what MS was thinking with the shoulder buttons.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Cows think the DS4 is the best controller for the simple fact that they finally have one that doesn't suck.

and lemmings think the xbone controller is good because they have crab fingers,

I hope they know a good doctor for carpal tunnel syndrome

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@Vatusus said:

ITT: Idiots thinking their muscle memory = controller being better. NO. The One controller isnt better than the DS4, you're just more used to the 360 controller just like someone used to the DS3 will prefer the DS4. I play with a 360 controler on my PC and besides shooters, mostly because of the better triggers, I still prefer the DS3 for everything else, because I was used to it ever since the PS1 days. There is no "better" sticker layout, its just your hands that are/were used to one.

Bigger idiots thinking their opinion means more than others. Hey idiot it's there opinion and most people that have replied used both controllers. Maybe you should except the fact that people have different preferences than your own.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kingtito

@killatwill15 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

And cows think the DS4 is better just because it's different than the DS3. Hope you know a good doctor for carpal tunnel syndrome.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By killatwill15

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

And cows think the DS4 is better just because it's different than the DS3. Hope you know a good doctor for carpal tunnel syndrome.

why? because I don't have to curl my fingers to use the ds4....

yeah....ok.....

im glad you thought than one through.

ANYWAYS....

xbone controller users, if your index finger is hurting from the bumpers,

just stick em up your ass,

I heard that fixes "xbox finger syndrome"

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By kingtito

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

yeah....ok.....

ANYWAYS....

Talking out of your ass again cow? Have you even used the XOne controller for any length of time? Oh wait I'm talking to a cow, of course you haven't. Cows love to critique things they've never played or used.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

Well I have been playing my PS4 since yesterday and I have to admit that the Xbox One controller dominates the PS4 controller. The PS4 controller is too wide. It just looks and feels awkward. The Xbone controller is damn near perfect. PS4 controller is light but I also like the rumble features on the Xbone controller way better.

what's your shoe size?

CARNAGES41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CARNAGES41
Member since 2007 • 313 Posts

Xbox one controller is too small imo

I like the PS4 controller as much as my 360 controller

FerdMertz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FerdMertz
Member since 2006 • 1034 Posts

I like both controllers.

I prefer the stick layout and the triggers on the X1 controller

I think the DS4 has a better Dpad

Either way bravo Sony, I didn't think a couple minor tweaks could make such a difference.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

DS4 is not my top along with my 360 controller....

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RimacBugatti

DS4 looks like a freakin boomerang! It has no style unlike the Xbone controller. Even the Dreamcast controller blows away the Playstation controller. I could see the Playstation controller is for people with gloves for hands. The Xbone controller is more for the average. The DS4 just seems awkward. As far as the trigger buttons I would say DS4 seems slightly awkward as well. Whatever happened to the trigger buttons like on the Dreamcast controllers? Playstation has always lacked in the controller department. Oh and my shoe size differs depending on how far up your a.. it is.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 killatwill15

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

yeah....ok.....

ANYWAYS....

Talking out of your ass again cow? Have you even used the XOne controller for any length of time? Oh wait I'm talking to a cow, of course you haven't. Cows love to critique things they've never played or used.

da fuq?

I talk about how awful the bumbers on the xbone controller is,

so automatically I am a cow? ok....

you need to upgrade to 1080p,

that 720p is blurring your vision,

you cannot see things clearly now.....

that slower cpu is not helping you process things accurately

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

yeah....ok.....

ANYWAYS....

da fuq?

You have been owned Killatyourownwill876. Please exit the conversation. As soon as you change the subject on SW, to deflect the conversation, you are submitting. Thank you for playing.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By RimacBugatti

And in Forza 5 the controls are almost flawless. We will see what the DS4 is capable of when Driveclub comes out. But as it stands DS4 is inferior. If it wasn't for the controller Xbone would be a complete failure. Fact xbone controller is the only seeling point. Fact everything other than the controller is PS4's selling point.

FerdMertz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By FerdMertz
Member since 2006 • 1034 Posts

@RimacBugatti: except for game selection, which I hear is a pretty big deal.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

The PS4 and XB1 controllers are definitely better then the DS3. Sony made some nice improvements for the DS4, that makes it leagues better then the DS3, but it still falls a bit short of the XB1 controller in terms of feel, comfort and gameplay. I still like the 360 controller best though. It just feels perfect. The button placements and the D-Pad were the only real issues with that.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RimacBugatti

@blackace: @blackace: I don't really use the D pad that much as I am a casual gamer. The joy sticks on the Xbone controller are awesome as well. Obviously what makes the DS4 rate well is the fact that it comes with the charging cord and rechargeable battery. That makes it hold value. That's the only downfall to the Xbone controller but I overlook it because of the level of comfort. The DS4 is vastly improved over the DS3 agreed. But I think they could have improved the grips. I honestly think they should have two models since it's difficult to make one size fits all. I think the Xbone controller is more diversified.

rosko123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 rosko123
Member since 2006 • 556 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

I liked the 360 controller a lot the xbone is a step backwards.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@kingtito said:

@Vatusus said:

Bigger idiots thinking their opinion means more than others. Hey idiot it's there opinion and most people that have replied used both controllers. Maybe you should except the fact that people have different preferences than your own.

Are you dumb or what? Where did I said it wasnt their opinion? The idiots I'm replying to are the one saying controller x is better then y because they think their muscle memory makes it better like its fact, wich is not. That was what I was saying. Next time learn to read and try not to make a fool out of yourself... idiot

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

@blackace: @blackace: I don't really use the D pad that much as I am a casual gamer. The joy sticks on the Xbone controller are awesome as well. Obviously what makes the DS4 rate well is the fact that it comes with the charging cord and rechargeable battery. That makes it hold value. That's the only downfall to the Xbone controller but I overlook it because of the level of comfort. The DS4 is vastly improved over the DS3 agreed. But I think they could have improved the grips. I honestly think they should have two models since it's difficult to make one size fits all. I think the Xbone controller is more diversified.

Yes, I wish both companies had added some grips to the handles. It baffles me why they never do this. At least make it an optionto add them or not. My hands seem to slip at the most inopportune time.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

The 360 controller is still king. Even with the shit D-Pad.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By killatwill15

@FoxbatAlpha said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@kingtito said:

@killatwill15 said:

@FoxbatAlpha said:

yeah....ok.....

ANYWAYS....

da fuq?

You have been owned Killatyourownwill876. Please exit the conversation. As soon as you change the subject on SW, to deflect the conversation, you are submitting. Thank you for playing.

I wasn't the one who changed the topic,

the bumpers still suck on the xbox one controller,

and kingtito took it personally

and I don't know who killatyouownwill876,

to risk ban-dodging, my old profile was anybodykilla15,

so thank you for being on topic as well,

because everything you said had something to do with the controller

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#36 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

@blackace said:

@RimacBugatti said:

Yes, I wish both companies had added some grips to the handles. It baffles me why they never do this. At least make it an optionto add them or not. My hands seem to slip at the most inopportune time.

They sell those grips for DS4. I'm pretty sure they're first party too.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 RimacBugatti

@good_sk8er7: Oh cool do you know where I can find them?

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

How was that 360 D-pad? Nice opinion. I have one too, you're both wearing X-goggles. Lol

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39  Edited By good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

@good_sk8er7: Oh cool do you know where I can find them?

I saw them at Best Buy not too long ago.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@FoxbatAlpha said:

Pretty much this. DS4 is a great improvement but still doesn't top the x1 controller. Thank GOD they fixed the dpad on the x1 controller. It was the worst on teh 360 pad.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RimacBugatti

@good_sk8er7: @Phazevariance: Ok cool I will check them out. Yeah and is way better than the original Xbox controller.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

i prefer the DS4 but i do like the analog sticks on XB1

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kingtito

@Vatusus said:

@kingtito said:

@Vatusus said:

Are you dumb or what? Where did I said it wasnt their opinion? The idiots I'm replying to are the one saying controller x is better then y because they think their muscle memory makes it better like its fact, wich is not. That was what I was saying. Next time learn to read and try not to make a fool out of yourself... idiot

I think the only idiot here is YOU. You're trying to tell people the ONLY reason they like the XOne is because of muscle memory. WTF? What makes YOU think they just prefer it to the PS4? I've used both and I prefer the XOne controller to the PS4. I don't and never will like the stick layout. You going to tell me my opinion is based on muscle memory?

People have preferences, get over it retard. Just because YOU think the PS4 controller is better doesn't make it fact. Yeah I'm 100% certain you're the idiot here.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@kingtito said:

@Vatusus said:

@kingtito said:

@Vatusus said:

I think the only idiot here is YOU. You're trying to tell people the ONLY reason they like the XOne is because of muscle memory. WTF? What makes YOU think they just prefer it to the PS4? I've used both and I prefer the XOne controller to the PS4. I don't and never will like the stick layout. You going to tell me my opinion is based on muscle memory?

People have preferences, get over it retard. Just because YOU think the PS4 controller is better doesn't make it fact. Yeah I'm 100% certain you're the idiot here.

Jeez, you're fvckin mentaly challenged if you cant get what I was saying. Sorry idiot, I wont waste my breath trying to explain something so simple to a brick disguised as a brain.

You're an embarassment for the human race

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

DS4 is a much better controller. Go ahead and take your impulse triggers and screwed up bumper buttons.

DS4 controller blows the Xflop controllers away in features.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#46 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

They both suck.

The 360 Controller was Perfection.

Xbox One's Controller feels cheap and PS4 just feels pretty unnecessary. WiiU's is just Big. (haven't felt a Procontroller yet.)

However when playing a game on either I doubt I would honestly care. Playing a game on the WiiU pad is no different from me playing a game on any other console, Playing the Knack Demo at Gamestop with the PS4 Controller didn't hinder my experience, and the Xbox One pad has the same layout as the 360 controller so I just have to get passed the cheap bumpers and the stupid placement of the home button and I'll probably not notice a darn thing.

but I'll still consider the 360 controller to be the best controller made in the history of Video games.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

both, on PC

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#48 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

DS4>X1

360 is still da best, albeit DS4 is growing on me

D4RKL1NG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By D4RKL1NG
Member since 2012 • 290 Posts

Handheld controllers are so last gen.

With Xbox and Kinect you ARE the controller. lmao

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

DS4 is probably the best controller I've ever used. And I'm a hermit. Absolutely slays XB1 controller in comfort, control precision, and build quality.