Xbox or Ps3??

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GiantMan11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

User Lists: 0

#1 GiantMan11
Member since 2008 • 141 Posts

before we know it, christmas will be here. My brother and i want to get either a ps3 or an xbox 360. i have researched alot and i cant deside which is better. so i need help from the gaming community.

1. which one should we get and y

2. is kinect a reason to get xbox

(and we cant get both.)

I thank u for all of the help u give me

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
I would recommend PS3. Wait and see on both Move and Kinect. Neither peripheral is probably worth full price, that's for sure. I mean they are almost the price of a new console (about $150 just to get started). If you buy a bundle with the consoles for both it's only $100 extra over a console alone, but still not really worth the added expense IMO. Only time will tell if either even becomes a "decent" peripheral. As of now they both seem like gimmicks.
hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts
Asking for advice here is probably a bad idea. Though I strongly recommend getting a PS3. Epic year of exclusives coming FTW
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Look at the exclusives you prefer, other than that they are about the same.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts

I recommend PS3 based on MANY reasons but if I start stating them you know all that will happen is me getting jumped on by 360 fan boys. I say DON'T LISTEN TO ANYONE HERE, Do you own research and see what console best fits you

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts

before we know it, christmas will be here. My brother and i want to get either a ps3 or an xbox 360. i have researched alot and i cant deside which is better. so i need help from the gaming community.

(and we cant get both.)

GiantMan11

make a list of the games you want for each console

choose the console with the bigger list

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#7 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

(and we cant get both.)

GiantMan11
Well, their both HD systems really. PS3 has Blu-Ray and free Wi-Fi on one hand, while Xbox 360 has stuff that I haven't found out yet. What type of games are you into?
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ohthemanatee

[QUOTE="GiantMan11"]

(and we cant get both.)

Blabadon

Well, their both HD systems really. PS3 has Blu-Ray and free Wi-Fi on one hand, while Xbox 360 has stuff that I haven't found out yet. What type of games are you into?

the 360 also has wi-fi out of the box

instead it's wi-fi is actually better then the PS3's wi-fi

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hkymike

BTW the Playstation Move is loads of fun and definietly something to check out, don't listen to 360 fanboys putting it down already. My friends and I have a blast with it

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

[QUOTE="GiantMan11"]

(and we cant get both.)

ohthemanatee

make a list of the games you want for each console

choose the console with the bigger list

this is good advice.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts

PS3. They share almost the same games but PS3 exclusives future looks so much better than 360's and palying online is free while you get the whole package from the start (except Move). Depending on what version of 360 you get you would have to buy a hard drive to play some games while PS3 already comes with that. Hard rives are more expensive on 360 too because you have to buy proprietary hardware from Microsoft. Also the PS3 has better reliability.

All that plus you get a Bluray player and the capacity to play 3D games (if you ever get a 3D tv that is.)

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hkymike

[QUOTE="Blabadon"][QUOTE="GiantMan11"]

(and we cant get both.)

ohthemanatee

Better Wi-Fi buddy? LOL Sure..........To the original posted this is exactly why you can't go with anyone here because of false statements like this. As you see the majority say PS3 already BUT it is what YOUR looking for.
Nerd_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nerd_Man
Member since 2007 • 13819 Posts
Research a little better. Asking SW will pretty much result in split biased opinions. Look at what's exclusive for each console and figure out what's more appealing. I think it will ultimately come down to exclusives that should determine which console you want over the other. I am also not talking exclusives just in terms of the games, but what other features the consoles have that the other one doesn't. For instance, you'd probably want to take note that PS3 reads Blu-Ray discs, or that Xbox 360 does online chat parties. Just look down the lists of all the pros and cons for each console and what games they have, and eventually you might have a better idea of what you want.
ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

I would recommend you go ask somewhere else. You're not gonna get unbiased opinions here.

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ohthemanatee

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="Blabadon"]] Well, their both HD systems really. PS3 has Blu-Ray and free Wi-Fi on one hand, while Xbox 360 has stuff that I haven't found out yet. What type of games are you into?hkymike

Better Wi-Fi buddy? LOL Sure..........To the original posted this is exactly why you can't go with anyone here because of false statements like this. As you see the majority say PS3 already BUT it is what YOUR looking for.

actually it's true, the 360 Wi-fi has wireless N somethign that is not on the PS3's wi-fi

I would apreciate if you didn't call me a liar the next time

I find it funny that throughout this entire thread you have been bashing 360 fanboys and yet you are jumping at the first oppurtunity you got

EDIT: another link if the previous wasn't enough

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

Ignore everyone using the old "don't post this in SW" chestnut because you can't ask this in the PS3 or 360 boards. This is the best place to ask. All I'd say is do not get a 360 for Kinect, at least not yet. And look here.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hkymike

[QUOTE="hkymike"][QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]the 360 also has wi-fi out of the box

ohthemanatee

actually it's true, the 360 Wi-fi has wireless N somethign that is not on the PS3's wi-fi

Where does it say it is better then the PS3's? I have been playing online with my PS3 for over a year now and not once did I ever have a problem with my Wi-Fi and the same goes with my friends who play on with their PS3. I did not exactly call you a "Liar" I said it was a false statement because until I see "360 has better Wifi then the PS3" that is exactly what it will be. Wi-fi for the most part is wi-fi. Unless you are playing from your getting your neighbors wi-fi but if that's the case don;t get any system. Save enough money to get wi'fi installed in your home first.
red-ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 red-ray
Member since 2008 • 882 Posts
If you love multiplayer and online play by far 360 is the best. if you like media playing maybe ps3 is better. overall I strongly recommend 360.
loadedboon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 loadedboon
Member since 2004 • 1986 Posts

[QUOTE="hkymike"][QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]the 360 also has wi-fi out of the box

ohthemanatee

yes and the Slim model which has WIFI also only comes with 4GB of internal storage and it has already been confirmed that you can't play most of Halo Reach's online content without an HDD. So why recommend a gimped system to him while for a few $'s more he gets a system with at least an 120gb HDD, more exclusives, more exclusives in the future and FREE online.

ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

Ignore everyone using the old "don't post this in SW" chestnut because you can't ask this in the PS3 or 360 boards. This is the best place to ask. All I'd say is do not get a 360 for Kinect, at least not yet. And look here.

Floppy_Jim

Is it against the rules?

Because posting in both seems like it would be a better idea.

I honestly don't know if it's against the rules or not.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hkymike

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="hkymike"] Better Wi-Fi buddy? LOL Sure..........To the original posted this is exactly why you can't go with anyone here because of false statements like this. As you see the majority say PS3 already BUT it is what YOUR looking for. loadedboon

yes and the Slim model which has WIFI also only comes with 4GB of internal storage and it has already been confirmed that you can't play most of Halo Reach's online content without an HDD. So why recommend a gimped system to him while for a few $'s more he gets a system with at least an 120gb HDD, more exclusives, more exclusives in the future and FREE online.

Exactly PS3 is turning into the system of choice for MANY gamers (2011 is PS3's year with all the great coming out) lately but got to get the system you want
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ohthemanatee

Where does it say it is better then the PS3's? hkymike
I linked you to a feature that the 360's wi-fi has and the PS3's wi-fi doesn't. the 360 S wi-fi can read B/G and N signals, the PS3 reads B and G.

The difference isn't major or anything, but it's there

I have been playing online with my PS3 for over a year now and not once did I ever have a problem with my Wi-Fi and the same goes with my friends who play on with their PS3. hkymike
Ok, and did I say that the PS3's wi-fi sucks or anything like it?

I did not exactly call you a "Liar" I said it was a false statement because until I see "360 has better Wifi then the PS3" that is exactly what it will be. Wi-fi for the most part is wi-fi. Unless you are playing from your getting your neighbors wi-fi but if that's the case don;t get any system. Save enough money to get wi'fi installed in your home first. hkymike

if you don't want to believe it it's not my problem, but do not call me a liar again

Diviniuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#23 Diviniuz
Member since 2009 • 6460 Posts
Make a Pros and Cons chart
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]

ImaPirate0202

Is it against the rules?

Because posting in both seems like it would be a better idea.

I honestly don't know if it's against the rules or not.

Mentioning Xbox in the PS boards is against the rules & vice-versa. I don't think they allow comparisons in GGD either.
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ohthemanatee

[QUOTE="loadedboon"]

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

hkymike

Exactly PS3 is turning into the system of choice for MANY gamers (2011 is PS3's year with all the great coming out) lately but got to get the system you want

so you acuse my post of being false

but you take a false post and say its' the truth?

linky

Features
  • Xbox 360 S console: The new console is sleeker and quieter than current Xbox 360 consoles, with a stylish design that will be the centerpiece of your home entertainment system.
  • Xbox 360 250GB Hard Drive: The internal 250GB hard drive allows you to save your games and store television shows, movies, music, pictures, trailers, levels, demos, and other con­tent available from Xbox LIVE Marketplace.
  • Built in Wi-Fi: The new Xbox 360 is the only console with 802.11n Wi-Fi built in for a faster and easier connection to Xbox LIVE. Download or stream HD movies, TV episodes, and games from Xbox LIVE Marketplace in 1080p and 5.1 surround sound from anywhere in the house. Compatible with b/g/n networks.
  • Kinect ready: Coming this holiday, Kinect will make YOU the controller. With a dedicated, specialized port, the Xbox 360 250GB is built to connect seamlessly with the Kinect sensor— and have you up off the couch and into the world of Kinect in no time.
  • Xbox 360 Wireless Controller: This award-winning, high-performance wireless controller features the Xbox Guide Button for quick, in-game access to friends and music. It has a range of up to 30 feet and a battery life of 30 hours on two AA batteries.
  • Xbox 360 Headset: Strategize or trade taunts while playing games, and chat with your friends on Xbox LIVE.
  • Xbox 360 Composite A/V cable: Use your Xbox 360 on standard-definition televisions using this connection over traditional composite connectors. Play high-quality audio with the included stereo connector.
  • Xbox LIVE: Xbox LIVE brings a whole world of entertainment possibility right to your Xbox 360. Play with friends online, and watch streaming movies and TV from Zune and Netflix, all in crystal-clear HD. You'll find loads of your favorite music from Last.fm and the ability to connect with friends on Facebook and Twitter right on the best screen in the house.
  • Warranty: One year limited warranty on console.
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ohthemanatee

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="hkymike"] Better Wi-Fi buddy? LOL Sure..........To the original posted this is exactly why you can't go with anyone here because of false statements like this. As you see the majority say PS3 already BUT it is what YOUR looking for. loadedboon

you are mistaken

loadedboon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 loadedboon

[QUOTE="loadedboon"]

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

ohthemanatee

you are mistaken

No I'm not the cheapest Slim model doesn't come with an HDD just the 4GB internal storage.

PS3 is the better choice for a person who wants to game on consoles since there are no hidden costs which add to the original price after you bought the 360.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hkymike

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="loadedboon"]

loadedboon

you are mistaken

No I'm not the cheapest Slim model doesn't come with an HDD just the 4GB internal storage.

PS3 is the better choice for a person who wants to game on consoles since there are no hidden costs which add to the original price after you bought the 360.

I once again Agree :D
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ohthemanatee

No I'm not the cheapest Slim model doesn't come with an HDD just the 4GB internal storage.loadedboon

but that's not what you said, you said, that

"the Slim model which has WIFI also only comes with 4GB"

which isn't true because the 250GB model also has wi-fi

loadedboon

I own both consoles and I disagree

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ohthemanatee

Dude it is like you are talking about ohthemanatee's mother! I love seeing how defensive he gets and I am going to keep going :Dhkymike

huh.. you're the one jumped on me first and you're the one who pre-emptivly criticized 360 fanboys.

If anything you're doing exactly what you are accusing others of doing :|

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ohthemanatee

[QUOTE="loadedboon"]

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

you are mistaken

hkymike

I once again Agree :D

It's a shame that you do, as it goes what you said earlier in the thread

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hexashadow13

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="loadedboon"]

loadedboon

you are mistaken

All that point means is that the 360 isn't cheaper then a PS3. At the same price both have all the features you're talking about.

Before you start bashing me, I'm talking only about that one post.

hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hkymike

[QUOTE="hkymike"]Dude it is like you are talking about ohthemanatee's mother! I love seeing how defensive he gets and I am going to keep going :Dohthemanatee

huh.. you're the one jumped on me first and you're the one who pre-emptivly criticized 360 fanboys.

Look at my first post, I said I recommend a PS3 but go with what you feel is better for you. That's a fanboy statement? Um no I don't think it is.
Avatar image for EndlessPunisher
EndlessPunisher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 EndlessPunisher
Member since 2005 • 1390 Posts
Dude it is like you are talking about ohthemanatee's mother! I love seeing how defensive he gets and I am going to keep going :Dhkymike
You're throwing out false statements though. (The whole Wi-Fi thing) I think he's mainly responding towards your comments so that you don't lead others to believe what is not true.
hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hkymike

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="loadedboon"] but that's not what you said, you said, that

[QUOTE="loadedboon"]PS3 is the better choice for a person who wants to game on consoles since there are no hidden costs which add to the original price after you bought the 360.

loadedboon

It doesn't matter that you disagree since you claimed Lost Oddysey and Viva Pinata are both better games then Uncharted 2 :lol:

He got you there! Uncharted is by far way superior of those games and I mean BY FAR! hahaha
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ohthemanatee

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="hkymike"]Dude it is like you are talking about ohthemanatee's mother! I love seeing how defensive he gets and I am going to keep going :Dhkymike

Look at my first post, I said I recommend a PS3 but go with what you feel is better for you. That's a fanboy statement? Um no I don't think it is.

and then you jumped on 360 fanboys, recommended the PS3 and acused of lying for stating a fact while defend another user that was posting wrong information saying it was the truth :|

hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 hexashadow13
[QUOTE="loadedboon"]

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

hkymike

It doesn't matter that you disagree since you claimed Lost Oddysey and Viva Pinata are both better games then Uncharted 2 :lol:

He got you there! Uncharted is by far way superior of those games and I mean BY FAR! hahaha

That does ultimately come down to opinion. I'm sure there are lots of people that prefer Lost Odyssey and Viva Pinata over Uncharted. Prolly less over Uncharted 2, but prolly still some.
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ohthemanatee

[QUOTE="hkymike"][QUOTE="loadedboon"]

hexashadow13

That does ultimately come down to opinion. I'm sure there are lots of people that prefer Lost Odyssey and Viva Pinata over Uncharted. Prolly less over Uncharted 2, but prolly still some.

not that I want to create ANOTHER off-topic

but I hope you finally understand why keep stating that I don't hate the PS3, rather I just hate it's fanboys

kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#41 kipohippo021
Member since 2010 • 3895 Posts
Tc id like to help you, what kinda games do you like? What systems do you have? Do you like splitscreen? Will you be playing online? And kinect is not a reason to get one. Nor is move.
ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ohthemanatee

[QUOTE="loadedboon"]

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="loadedboon"] but that's not what you said, you said, that

hkymike

you don't even own a 360 :?

and even if you did it's all a matter of opinion

loadedboon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 loadedboon

[QUOTE="hexashadow13"][QUOTE="hkymike"] He got you there! Uncharted is by far way superior of those games and I mean BY FAR! hahaha ohthemanatee

not that I want to create ANOTHER off-topic

but I hope you finally understand why keep stating that I don't hate the PS3, rather I just hate it's fanboys

Too bad for you I'm not a cow :P

I'm just stating a fact then when choosing between the ps3 and 360 the PS3 is the better choice.

I couldn't care less about either of those 2 since most of my playtime goed to the PC and WII and somewhere in distant 3rd I rarely game on the PS3.

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ohthemanatee

Too bad for you I'm not a cow :Ploadedboon

stop acting like one then

I'm just stating a fact then when choosing between the ps3 and 360 the PS3 is the better choice.loadedboon
that's not a fact, that's an opinion :|

I couldn't care less about either of those 2 since most of my playtime goed to the PC and WII and somewhere in distant 3rd I rarely game on the PS3.

loadedboon

more power to you then

kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kipohippo021
[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="loadedboon"] stop acting like one then

I'm just stating a fact then when choosing between the ps3 and 360 the PS3 is the better choice.loadedboon
that's not a fact, that's an opinion :|

[QUOTE="loadedboon"]I couldn't care less about either of those 2 since most of my playtime goed to the PC and WII and somewhere in distant 3rd I rarely game on the PS3.

more power to you then

Technically ohthemanatee, you are a cow. Ya know, a sea cow :P
Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

lulz, it looks like the best advertisement for the 360 in this thread is how the ps3 guys act and realizing that those are the kind of people you will see on playstation network.

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ohthemanatee

Technically ohthemanatee, you are a cow. Ya know, a sea cow :Pkipohippo021

you're the second person on system wars to tell me that :P

But still, I just had to give it this name

manatees are awesome

just look at the little fella

kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 kipohippo021
[QUOTE="Riverwolf007"]

lulz, it looks like the best advertisement for the 360 in this thread is how the ps3 guys act and realizing that those are the kind of people you will see on playstation network.

:P nice one.
kipohippo021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kipohippo021
the baby manitee is cute :P
loadedboon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 loadedboon

Riverwolf007

really now? I can post tons of youtube links of the kind of crowd you meet on XBOX Live which is by far the worst community of the 4.