Xbox One Wolfenstein: The New Order Will Run At 1080p/60 fps

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by vickissv2 (1743 posts) -

"Following our report about the PlayStation 4 version of Wolfenstein: The New Order running in 1080p resolution and 60 fps, Bethesda has confirmed to GamingBolt that the Xbox One version will also run at the same resolution/frame rate.

“The Xbox One version of Wolfenstein will run at 1080p/60 fps,” the Bethesda PR said in an email statement to GamingBolt. This should come as some relief for many Xbox One owners who have been treated to multiplatform games which generally have lower resolution and frame rate compared to their PlayStation 4 counterparts."

Source

#2 Edited by lostrib (33438 posts) -

alright so 1080p and 40-50 fps it is

#3 Edited by noodlevixen (476 posts) -

New Wolfenstein? Color me intrigued.

#4 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9706 posts) -

How could this be?

#5 Edited by TheTruthIsREAL (756 posts) -

Toned down graphics for the Xbox One's version?

#6 Edited by tormentos (16804 posts) -

@lostrib said:

On PS4 probably on xbox one 30 to 40.. hahaha

#7 Edited by lostrib (33438 posts) -

@lostrib said:

On PS4 probably on xbox one 30 to 40.. hahaha

they'll probably be the same actually

#8 Edited by PinkieWinkie (1364 posts) -

The game runs at 60fps on last gen consoles, and it looks like ass. This isn't news.

#9 Edited by darkangel115 (1485 posts) -

@lostrib said:

isn't that every so called 60fps game this gen on both platforms (outside of forza) i mean TR on PS dips into the 40s and averages 51, KZ was so bad with the drops they patched it to allow the user to cap it at 30FPS. So far 60FPS has been a bust on next gen consoles. But thats how it works in the console business. it'll get better

#10 Edited by edwardecl (2015 posts) -

Take it the PS4 version is purposefully gimped then, either that or the Xbox One version has lower draw distances or other tweaks to the graphics.

Should be fun to watch.

#11 Edited by lostrib (33438 posts) -

@lostrib said:

isn't that every so called 60fps game this gen on both platforms (outside of forza) i mean TR on PS dips into the 40s and averages 51, KZ was so bad with the drops they patched it to allow the user to cap it at 30FPS. So far 60FPS has been a bust on next gen consoles. But thats how it works in the console business. it'll get better

yeah, although at least when COD was 60FPS it was usually never below 50

#12 Edited by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

THIS GAME IS 60 FPS on all systems [oldgen/nextgen, PS4 confirmed 1080p60]

-Only SP, 15h+ campaign

-Made by Riddick/Darkness 1 devs, large focus on characters/story

-Continuation of the storyline from first Wolfenstein3D

-Hard-hitting sober storyline + crazy 90s gameplay

-Tech tree unlocks with the use of in-game challenges, viable stealth, non-regenerative health

-BJ can dual-wield snipers

-Gibs. Like "brains being thrown out from skulls" gibs.

-Nazi's have landed on the Moon

#13 Edited by bobbetybob (19126 posts) -

THIS GAME IS 60 FPS on all systems [oldgen/nextgen, PS4 confirmed 1080p60]

-Only SP, 15h+ campaign

-Made by Riddick/Darkness 1 devs, large focus on characters/story

-Continuation of the storyline from first Wolfenstein3D

-Hard-hitting sober storyline + crazy 90s gameplay

-Tech tree unlocks with the use of in-game challenges, viable stealth, non-regenerative health

-BJ can dual-wield snipers

-Gibs. Like "brains being thrown out from skulls" gibs.

One of my most anticipated games of the year, I just hope they nail the story and it gets the cheesiness:seriousness ratio right, especially if it actually is 15+ hours because that could really drag if the story is naff.

#14 Edited by Wasdie (49561 posts) -

Well shit, now I'm interested.

#15 Edited by tormentos (16804 posts) -

@lostrib said:

they'll probably be the same actually

It was a joke but..

Yeah like most game have been the same right.?

#16 Posted by blackace (20061 posts) -

@lostrib said:

I don't think either version is locked at 60fps. We'll have to wait and see what the averages are though. 50-60fps would be fine.

#17 Posted by FreedomFreeLife (2007 posts) -

They said they know how to use esram which helps a lot. Having using esram boosts everything but most developers don´t know how to use esram just like they dident know how to use cell in ps3

#18 Posted by nini200 (9480 posts) -

The real question is, will it run in 1080P at 60FPS on my Gameboy Color? If so, I'm sold

#19 Edited by Harisemo (4133 posts) -

@blackace said:

@lostrib said:

I don't think either version is locked at 60fps. We'll have to wait and see what the averages are though. 50-60fps would be fine.

This game uses id tech 5, same engine as Rage. Rage ran at 60fps on last gen consoles, the framerate rarely dropped below 60fps so expect next gen versions to maintain 60fps in Wolfenstein without breaking a sweat.

#20 Edited by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

The game runs at 60fps on last gen consoles, and it looks like ass. This isn't news.

Anything to downplay good Xbox news, lol. But seriously, the reports of the new SDK enhancing the One's performance seems to be gaining traction as a truth. While I dont really give a crap about resolution, its a good thing to see 1080p nonetheless.

#21 Edited by Mr-Kutaragi (1922 posts) -

Looks like old xbox game.

#22 Posted by StormyJoe (4764 posts) -

How could this be?

Well, if true, it is validation to people like me who have been saying since November that the reason the XB1 games are not running at 1080p/60FPS is because of unfamiliarity with the console and poorly optimized APIs; and not because of some great technological advantage of the PS4 (though it is more powerful).

#23 Posted by Bishop1310 (959 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

How could this be?

Well, if true, it is validation to people like me who have been saying since November that the reason the XB1 games are not running at 1080p/60FPS is because of unfamiliarity with the console and poorly optimized APIs; and not because of some great technological advantage of the PS4 (though it is more powerful).

From the sounds of it all of the devs got some pretty alphaish SDK's to develop the games on.. I've always believed that microsofts hand was forced by Sony to reveal and release earlier then they wanted. The SDK's M$ wanted in the hands of dev's weren't there until the past week or so we've heard. The X1 will be perfectly fine this gen.. It's exciting news for sure.

#24 Edited by darkangel115 (1485 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@darkangel115 said:

@lostrib said:

yeah, although at least when COD was 60FPS it was usually never below 50

CoD went the other way spiking over 70 on the PS4 making it play out just like it had drops. It was pretty smooth on the X1 but still not a solid 60FPS. outside of forza no game is 1080p with a solid 60FPS on either system

#25 Posted by ACP_45 (429 posts) -

@FreedomForLife

It's not that the devs didn't know how to use ESRAM it's the fact that the Software Development Kit is shitty and is going to get a very good update from what I've heard.

ESRAM will only be efficiently used in games like Watch Dogs or The Witcher3 etc....

For now devs have to struggle with all the manual flushing....

Pain in the ass...

PS4 is sprinting ahead but Xbox One will have endurance... I think it will be very close at the end of this gen.... PS4 still being first but only by a small amount.

#26 Posted by chikenfriedrice (9706 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

How could this be?

From the sounds of it all of the devs got some pretty alphaish SDK's to develop the games on.. I've always believed that microsofts hand was forced by Sony to reveal and release earlier then they wanted. The SDK's M$ wanted in the hands of dev's weren't there until the past week or so we've heard. The X1 will be perfectly fine this gen.. It's exciting news for sure.

Agree with both of ya

#27 Edited by Speak_Low (874 posts) -

The Digital Foundry results will be fun to watch on this one.

#28 Edited by vickissv2 (1743 posts) -

I bet if this game wasn't running at 1080p on the Xbox One , we wouldn't have had any confirmation of the fps until about 3 weeks before its release.

#29 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (5659 posts) -

Definitely keeping a close eye on this game. Looks cool.

#30 Posted by StormyJoe (4764 posts) -

If (and that is definately an "if")

I wonder how @tormentos is going to spin the fact that new SDKs brought the XB1 up to 1080p/60FPS...

#31 Edited by treedoor (7478 posts) -

This game has me interested.

The trailers for this game have been awesome so far. I'm not usually sold by trailers, but after the original reveal I've watched a few of their gameplay videos released so far, and it looks pretty interesting.

Let's just hope they don't do anything to screw it up. 6-8 hours of non-stop Nazi-killing fun that's worth revisiting, and online multiplayer that's not riddled with gimmicks like perks, or leveling.

#32 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

@StormyJoe: running this at 1080p/60fps isn't impressive for this game. Last gen consoles are doing the same albeit 720p, simmer down.

#33 Posted by MlauTheDaft (3272 posts) -

Iron Sky ripoff!!

Seriously though, that sounds intriguing.

#34 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69814 posts) -

how all lemmings are reacting to this

#35 Edited by StormyJoe (4764 posts) -

@tyloss said:

@StormyJoe: running this at 1080p/60fps isn't impressive for this game. Last gen consoles are doing the same albeit 720p, simmer down.

Always the spin. Everyone was up in arms about CoD: Ghosts running at 720P on XB1. The lead dev even said they had a 1080P XB1 version, but they couldn't maintain the 60fps frame rate. Bethesda, using an update SDK, hits the "magic" 1080p/60fps in a game that is at least as "graphically impressive"; and people like you can't handle it.

If this is true, cows lose their "resolution-gate". You can try and qualify it any way you want, it doesn't change anything.

#36 Edited by Scipio8 (614 posts) -

Cows

720p lol

900p lol

1080p lol...WUT ?

#37 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Looks like a game from 2004, not surprised lems are clinging on to this though lol.

#38 Posted by hoyalawya (342 posts) -

How all cows react to positive PS4 news and/or Xbox One negative news.

#39 Posted by silversix_ (13920 posts) -

The game looks like Doom 3.

#40 Posted by StormyJoe (4764 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

Cows

720p lol

900p lol

1080p lol...WUT ?

Yup. Look at @I_can_haz, he is having a total meltdown "Uhhh... it looks like a game from 2004. Yeah, uhhh, that's the reason!"

#41 Edited by CyberLips (1807 posts) -

New Wolfenstein? Color me intrigued.

How didn't you know about this game? They announced it a while ago.

#42 Posted by numbes (35 posts) -
#43 Edited by Jankarcop (8893 posts) -

This means it'll likely be running on very low settings and/or dipping to low fps occasionally.

#44 Edited by tyloss (829 posts) -

@StormyJoe: dude, what in the world are you talking about?

#45 Posted by HitmanActual (318 posts) -

Lems are gonna have a meltdown when this game approaches launch and they find out 1080p was just the usual PR bullshit. 720p confirmed.

Can the Xbone even do 1080p?

The ownage when the real truth of this game is revealed will be...monumental.

#46 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69814 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

How all cows react to positive PS4 news and/or Xbox One negative news.

Why do those people cheer over a miss competition? My video was a parody even according to himself if you checked out the title or even watched the video.

#47 Posted by stereointegrity (10699 posts) -

have u seen the graphics for this game....it better be able to hit 1080p 60fps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVem8pTJOSI

#48 Posted by stereointegrity (10699 posts) -

shit it runs at 60 fps on 360 and ps3

#49 Posted by TigerSuperman (1961 posts) -

@nini200: Gameboy Color is capped at 15.

#50 Posted by tormentos (16804 posts) -

If (and that is definately an "if")

I wonder how @tormentos is going to spin the fact that new SDKs brought the XB1 up to 1080p/60FPS...

They don't need a new SDK for that,all they need to do is reduce quality and this game is say to look like crap..hahahahaa

In fact several multiplatform games are 1080p same frame rate on both units,it just depend on what you do.