Xbox One Will Be As Powerful As 32 Xbox 360s With The Cloud

• 123 results
#101 Posted by StormyJoe (4739 posts) -

@silversix_: Cloud computing could greatly increase XB1 performance. Not sure if a) that number is correct, and b) how they are going to do it since the XB1 no longer has a manditory internet connection.

The author of that article is a fanboy, btw. I use the cloud every day (Azure), and it's a lot better than what he is saying. Fluctuating internet speeds? Really?

#102 Posted by zeeshanhaider (2351 posts) -

And what will happen during the sunny days? O_o

#103 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

The article/PR was referring to CPU performance from what I gathered. And honestly a 3x CPU performance increase is pretty feasible today, if well implemented. Allocating big calculations to the server instead of the client side, with a good network, could indeed work wonders.

The biggest and best benefit for online gaming (right now) would be a (theoretical) elimination of client side lag, thus providing an equal playing field for every user as far as that is concerned.

For physics heavy games, this method could also provide some benefits.

The real problem is that devs won't really go all in unless they're exclusive nor do we have a worldwide structure to support this. Maybe in another decade or so, but for now the benefits (as far as gaming is concerned) will be few, small and not really worth the time/money of 3rd party devs.

#104 Edited by sam890 (1057 posts) -

Welp its over guys lets all sell our Rigs and PS4s and buy a X1 because teh cloud is just unbeatable.

#105 Edited by Heil68 (43186 posts) -

@sam890 said:

Welp its over guys lets all sell our Rigs and PS4s and buy a X1 because teh cloud is just unbeatable.

With that hidden 32x powar!

#107 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6618 posts) -

Riiiight.

Maybe 10 times, or even 15. But not 32.

#108 Posted by TrappedInABox91 (486 posts) -

Its like a crappy " Blast Processing" PR stunt that Sega pulled.

#109 Edited by RossRichard (2330 posts) -

What, when we all have 1000gb connections with no data caps? Keep dreaming TC.

#110 Posted by silversix_ (13887 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

This as low as it gets, who actually believes The Cloud will do ANYTHING but store saves this generation? They're saying the Bone will be 32 times more powerful than a 360,,,,, okaaaaaay so TEH CLOUD will offer additional x27 (X1 is roughly 5 times more powerful than a 360) more power? Da fuck is this shit!? Are they all high or plain lying to millions of people? So teh cloud will make the Bone X32 more powerful and DX12 adds in another x15 power (or whatever bullshit percentage MS is cooking)? What's next, bro?

Honestly, only a retard or a cow would think the cloud would do NOTHING as you state. Its already been proven it works several times over in tech demo's. It'll do something for sure.We just don't know exactly how much until its released worldwide. Maybe you can go hate on more PS3 games by accident like you did last time ;)

nothing? nah it will keep your saves lolol

#111 Edited by darkangel115 (1470 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@silversix_ said:

This as low as it gets, who actually believes The Cloud will do ANYTHING but store saves this generation? They're saying the Bone will be 32 times more powerful than a 360,,,,, okaaaaaay so TEH CLOUD will offer additional x27 (X1 is roughly 5 times more powerful than a 360) more power? Da fuck is this shit!? Are they all high or plain lying to millions of people? So teh cloud will make the Bone X32 more powerful and DX12 adds in another x15 power (or whatever bullshit percentage MS is cooking)? What's next, bro?

Honestly, only a retard or a cow would think the cloud would do NOTHING as you state. Its already been proven it works several times over in tech demo's. It'll do something for sure.We just don't know exactly how much until its released worldwide. Maybe you can go hate on more PS3 games by accident like you did last time ;)

nothing? nah it will keep your saves lolol

Or something more ;)

#112 Posted by highking_kallor (467 posts) -
#113 Posted by darkangel115 (1470 posts) -

So a demo video is delusional? I think if anyone can watch that and say it makes 0 difference, they are delusional. But hey sony is a religion apparently so when somebody says how impossible it is that 2 of every species fit on one boat, people refuse to believe it because it doesn't align with their faith. Sorry the scientific evidence doesn't align with your beliefs ;)

#114 Posted by Draign (532 posts) -

Forza 5 A.I. is done in the cloud and that's just day one. Titanfall A.I. is done in the cloud. Can someone give examples of any games where A.I. has performed better?

Greatness Awaits...We all love PR.

#115 Posted by highking_kallor (467 posts) -

So a demo video is delusional? I think if anyone can watch that and say it makes 0 difference, they are delusional. But hey sony is a religion apparently so when somebody says how impossible it is that 2 of every species fit on one boat, people refuse to believe it because it doesn't align with their faith. Sorry the scientific evidence doesn't align with your beliefs ;)

Youtube has all the answers. Good on you mate.

#116 Posted by darkangel115 (1470 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

Youtube has all the answers. Good on you mate.

Yeah i need to read conspiracy thoughts from random youtube users huh? Or i could actually be using azure in other ways and know it works ;)

#117 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

@draign: Yeah, dat grunt AI in Titanfall is amazing!

/s

#118 Posted by highking_kallor (467 posts) -

@darkangel115:

Cool story. Have yet to see any "evidence". You know a working model or something? Anything?

#119 Posted by hoosier7 (3773 posts) -

@draign said:

Forza 5 A.I. is done in the cloud and that's just day one. Titanfall A.I. is done in the cloud. Can someone give examples of any games where A.I. has performed better?

Greatness Awaits...We all love PR.

Forza's AI is literally just stat collection and Titanfall's AI is utterly awful, if that's want the cloud brings then i'll be unplugging my ethernet right away.

#120 Posted by tormentos (16730 posts) -

@silversix_: Cloud computing could greatly increase XB1 performance. Not sure if a) that number is correct, and b) how they are going to do it since the XB1 no longer has a manditory internet connection.

The author of that article is a fanboy, btw. I use the cloud every day (Azure), and it's a lot better than what he is saying. Fluctuating internet speeds? Really?

Yes millions use the cloud every day,and non use it to render next gen games across the damn internet,is impossible unless you are doing what Online was doing which is rendering the game on the servers and streaming you a video that you can controls which already proved to not be the same.

What MS claimed the cloud would do was something different improving graphics over the net,and not only fluctuating internet speed will impact what it can do,but anything done need to be small because if it is to big,it will actually compete with the online portion that your game needs to work online,so when your doing compute on the cloud you are basically splitting online resources for online code and online compute.

Yeah that is the reason Titanfall use it and look average and is not even 900p..

There is a limit of what you can do with an internet connection,to do latency and speed which are not even close to a bandwidth require by a GPU,is the reason they already say that they can do things that don't require constant refreshing,like AI or baked lighting..

From there to making your games look better Look at titanfall for examples..

Or something more ;)

A video which can be 100% fake to illustrate some false gains,because MS has never lie about how something works right.?

341x Kinect On Stage Demos Faked

epk4fa Kinect On Stage Demos Faked

i1d1y1 Kinect On Stage Demos Faked

What about the xbox one unveiling.?

Every time a command was issue to the xbox one,the Yusuf Mehdi would stick his hands on his pocket and press something.

9:13....

MS is the king of faking things,the demo they make that speed up from a few frames to 30 was a joke,you don't know what was in that code,or if it was cripple on purpose to make the cloud seem stronger,not only that,you don't know what speed the connection had,and was only 1 PC to another one,which is the same as millions of xbox one streaming from 300,000k servers,already those units out number those servers by a good 13 to 1.

We already know what they try to do with Kinect and the endless times they faked presentations,and in real live demos the crappy camera barely worked..

#121 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69630 posts) -

ahahahahaha! Yeah right... The Xbox One will get help with the D12, but this is total bs...

#122 Edited by StormyJoe (4739 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

Yes millions use the cloud every day,and non use it to render next gen games across the damn internet,is impossible unless you are doing what Online was doing which is rendering the game on the servers and streaming you a video that you can controls which already proved to not be the same.

What MS claimed the cloud would do was something different improving graphics over the net,and not only fluctuating internet speed will impact what it can do,but anything done need to be small because if it is to big,it will actually compete with the online portion that your game needs to work online,so when your doing compute on the cloud you are basically splitting online resources for online code and online compute.

*none

Who says the cloud had to just process graphics? It could process other things, and the CPU could be freed up to render images.

#123 Edited by tormentos (16730 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

*none

Who says the cloud had to just process graphics? It could process other things, and the CPU could be freed up to render images.

Did you read what i posted.?

Well.?

Offloading CPU process that don't require constant refreshing like AI or backed lighting will be find,offloading graphics or claiming you can improve them by cloud is another thing and MS claimed that..

It isn't the CPU what renders is the GPU.

#124 Posted by StormyJoe (4739 posts) -

@StormyJoe said:

@tormentos said:

@StormyJoe said:

*none

Did you read what i posted.?

Well.?

Offloading CPU process that don't require constant refreshing like AI or backed lighting will be find,offloading graphics or claiming you can improve them by cloud is another thing and MS claimed that..

It isn't the CPU what renders is the GPU.

If CPU tasks are pushed to the cloud, then the CPU can take over processing from the GPU. The CPU can handle rendering just fine - the purpose of a GPU is to take the load off the CPU.

#125 Posted by Tighaman (720 posts) -

@tormentos: torm 1.3tf of gpu JUST FOR RENDERING no physics workload ,no video encoding and decoding workload, no sound workload, and no cpu offload workload all things ps4 gpu has to do while the x1 gpu is just for Rendering.

#126 Edited by Heil68 (43186 posts) -

You need this attachment for the 32x powar

#127 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3652 posts) -

Da clawd doe.

You can totally trust Phil Spencer and crew.

Totally.