Xbox One Will Be As Powerful As 32 Xbox 360s With The Cloud

• 141 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

The Cell processor was so innovative Sony sold it. Still remember Cows saying wait till the power of the Cell was unlocked. Or my personal favorite, 'Games on Blu-Ray will give better graphics to games.........'

Such hypos.............

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 blamix
Member since 2006 • 2029 Posts

Only dumb people and hardcore fanboys believe this

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

Kind of funny that people still fall for PR and marketing.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#54  Edited By misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@Tighaman said:

talk to AMD who just announced CLOUD GPUs talk to NVIDIA the are doing cloud graphic rendering right now you watch the demo on youtube. Just because people cant understand it doesnt mean its not going to work and no one invest billions on something thats not going to useful also if its billions invested its never just one company investing its more than just MS invested in this tech.

they invested billions into kinect and it is hardly being used in Xboxone games.

None of AMD's and NVIDIA core gpu line up for the next 6+ years are cloud based. Pirate island isn't, maxwell isn't, pascal isn't ect...I wonder why

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By misterpmedia

Two words for this subject sums it up to a tee: "Ideal conditions".

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

I'm all for seeing what happens but I'm not expecting something amazing like 32X more powerful than a 360 but I have an X1 so if there's improvement I'll take it, if there's not and it's just a glorified storage server I'll take that too lol

When is this infinite power of the cloud suppose to be dropped on us??

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@kuu2 said:

The Cell processor was so innovative Sony sold it. Still remember Cows saying wait till the power of the Cell was unlocked. Or my personal favorite, 'Games on Blu-Ray will give better graphics to games.........'

Such hypos.............

Reality with cell.

It was use by the Air Force,is use in medical equipment,is use on Tv's and on the PS3.

Cell helped a console with a weaker GPU beat one with a stronger one,the xbox 360 GPU is stronger and faster than the RSX,but Cell was a CPU that could run GPU task,so basically what sony did was use both Cell and the RSX to complement one another,not only that there was a direct connection between the RSX and Cell for this reason,so while the xbox 360 had to run physics on its GPU.

On PS3 Cell ran them,oh and Cell was basically close to what an Ageia Physics cards was,in fact Cell and Ageia Physx car as processors where very similar.

So while the xbox 360 audio took as much as 2 threads,on PS3 it just took 1 SPE.

Post process run on Cell save GPU time,that allowed the GPU to free resources,meanwhile on xbox 360 almost everything was done by GPU,so the more they try to trow at it the more it went down,compare Gears of war 3 with Uncharted 3 they are not even close when the topic is actual graphics fidelity,physics and animation.

Cell was something on every PS3 it was there and usable.

The cloud is not Titanfall prove that.

Blu-ray allow for uncompressed textures dude,and is the reason why many games on PS3 have better textures than their 360 counterparts,and on exclusives is basically unmatch.

Oh can you say 7.1 loss less sound.? since day 1 while the xbox 360 was stuck with 5.1,so yeah Blu-ray had some advantages,oh CG's also look better on PS3 since movies don't have to be super compress like they were on xbox 360.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 tormentos

@FastRobby said:

Urg you are so narrow minded. The Xbox can simply check if it has a decent internet connection, if so it connects to the cloud and upgrades the graphics, if not is uses local sources. It's that simple, but I know you are simple yourself so it might be needed to explain it slower, although I'm not sure how I can do that on the Internet. Just read it a couple of times kiddo.

First of all you can't upgrade GRAPHICS online,what the xbox one can do is us compute for AI,baked lighting and some other process that don't need constant refreshing,what you are implying requires rendering which can't be done online like GPU does it,because the total lack of bandwidth.

So if a game use the cloud for AI and lighting,if the cloud isn't there to give that to you,your game will have bad AI and probably no lighting because those process are been offloaded.

Titanfall is a testament to that and if what you claim was possible Titanfall would work offline single player,it just doesn't you don't have online don't bother starting the game it will not work.

hehe101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#63 hehe101
Member since 2011 • 734 Posts

Sounds good, I don't really see Microsoft false hyping after their backlash. As usual the sony fans are pressed that the X1 has a chance in the power department.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@hehe101 said:

Sounds good, I don't really see Microsoft false hyping after their backlash. As usual the sony fans are pressed that the X1 has a chance in the power department.

It has no chance, people are laughing at their bs and lems are dumb to the point of believing them...

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@SolidTy said:

@remiks00 said:

@SolidTy said:

Wow. Amazing clouds.

As an Xbone owner, it would be nice to believe PR...but I'm too old for fairy tales and PR stories from any of the companies. I got the machines and I don't need buzz words or poppycock to sell me, I am just waiting for software. I don't want to "rain" on anyone's parade though.

I see what you did there you sly dog.

Plus:

:)

This is too much lol

Fleeboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Fleeboi
Member since 2005 • 101 Posts

The cloud is 32 Xbox 360's.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

goodluck getting this power over a 15 mbps line with 80 ms

Avatar image for Silent-Assasin7
Silent-Assasin7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Silent-Assasin7
Member since 2006 • 1496 Posts

Theoretically cloud processing could be as powerful as you want it to be. The problem is getting that power from the computers to the Xbox's effectively.

ButDuuude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69  Edited By ButDuuude
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Teh cloud will make all of your dreams come true.

Listen to the cloud computer commercial in Grand Theft Auto 5.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

@daious said:

@Tighaman said:

talk to AMD who just announced CLOUD GPUs talk to NVIDIA the are doing cloud graphic rendering right now you watch the demo on youtube. Just because people cant understand it doesnt mean its not going to work and no one invest billions on something thats not going to useful also if its billions invested its never just one company investing its more than just MS invested in this tech.

they invested billions into kinect and it is hardly being used in Xboxone games.

None of AMD's and NVIDIA core gpu line up for the next 6+ years are cloud based. Pirate island isn't, maxwell isn't, pascal isn't ect...I wonder why

The kinect is being used in the majority of Xbox One games...I really dont know how you have come to the opposite conclusion. Not to mention it already has a few titles designed entirely around the kinect, albeit with varying success.

The cloud is clearly clearly clearly something that is being invested in heavily.... you have to be living under a rock not to see that.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 tormentos

@FastRobby said:

p1: You can offload a lot of CPU work to the cloud, even things that need constant refreshing, like AI -> Titanfall.

p2: Wrong. If you normally would let AI and lightning do by the cloud, you can still let the Xbox do the same thing, but cut back on other jobs, depending on what's more important.

p3: Titanfall is multiplayer only, it doesn't have a single player mode, that's why you need the internet connection.

p stands for paragraph.

AI doesn't need constant refreshing from where in hell you pull that,WTF man stop been a blind fanboy...

Even a 20GB/s connection of the PS4 is orders of magnitudes faster than the damn internet on your home,don't you get it..?

Your connection even been 50MB is sh** because CPU and GPU work with bandwidth that surpass 20Gb/s.

So even a 10GB/s bandwidth from a CPU is orders of magnitudes faster than your crappy ass internet connection,so a 50MB serves for nothing this is something you ignore because you know sh** about bandwidth.

No the purpose of using the cloud idiot,is to offload process to the cloud so that the CPU extra resources can be use on another thing,so if lighting is offloaded to the cloud,because they want to run some physics,how in hell will that work offline when you are not offloading the lighting any more,your game will have to chose between running physics or running the lighting because there isn't any offloading while there is no internet.

Titanfall yes but it has a campaign which you can't play offline either,sorry for the mix it was campaign what i was referring to,it doesn't work offline and if you are playing and your connection drops you loss all..

edidili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By edidili
Member since 2004 • 3449 Posts

Ok then lets see it, on a real game not on pointless PR ramble.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13660 Posts

I think they're talking about CPU power. And I think it's possible to offer that much resources. It's an over simplified way of explaining so it looks bad but still, think about it,

The CPU ability of the 360 is pretty bad. Ok, the CPUs in the current gen consoles, are adequate at best, they're low end but still, the Xbox One CPU is vastly better than the Xbox 360s in performance, compare Forza 4 to 5. And I remember reading somewhere that one core in these current gen consoles is almost more capable than the whole Xbox CPU. I could easily imagine the cloud offering CPU resources like that.

But think about what they're saying, they're offering 3x the AMD low end APU CPU performance, is that so hard to believe? On the scale of CPU performance we have access to today ranging from high end i7s, to the bottom of the barrel AMD APUs. I imagine handheld devices to catch up with these AMD APUs performance faster than ever.

Developers are able to use it right now, Turn 10 used it for actual development, not just in game.

Whether it works and what it can be used for is another discussion. I don't imagine it will be used for much graphical benefit though, I'll wait and see what comes.

osirisx3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#74 osirisx3
Member since 2012 • 2113 Posts

well ms where are the games?

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

Since the Cloud was a selling point from before Xbox One release where are the games that are using it?

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

okay

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@always_explicit said:

@daious said:

@Tighaman said:

The kinect is being used in the majority of Xbox One games...I really dont know how you have come to the opposite conclusion. Not to mention it already has a few titles designed entirely around the kinect, albeit with varying success.

The cloud is clearly clearly clearly something that is being invested in heavily.... you have to be living under a rock not to see that.

used in what extent? Ryse had some implementation. Titanfall has none. Only time I used it in BF and COD was by saying "record that" but that did not used the camera.

Other than their sports game there hasn't been any serious attempt at utilizing it. Everything feels like it was thrown in as an afterthought

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

Time will tell what it will do. I doubt it will do a lot. There are good things about using Cloud.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

I saw a demo they did where they were destroying a building and it got bogged down fast. They had another using Cloud and it ran fast. I don't know that it will equate to games being made better for the console.

Vanity59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Vanity59
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

hmmmm lel :)

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 tormentos

@FastRobby said:

Why doesn't the AI need constant refreshing? Please explain that properly to me, I'm interested.

I'll try to explain my view on the lightning as I see it. I'm going to explain it in a very high level way, with ridiculous examples, but just to make clear what I mean. Let's say 3 things need to be calculated, the lightning, the AI, and some texture thingies. When connected to the internet you can offload the lightning and AI to the cloud, and you can let the GPU/CPU focus completely on textures. When not connected to the internet, the console calculates the AI and lightning, AND does the textures, but the textures are being done with less quality. So when connected to the internet your game looks amazing, because the console can focus completely on the textures, but when not connected to the internet, your game will look less beautiful because it also has to calculate AI and lightning, so it doesn't have all the resources for the textures, and thus it will use a lower resolution or something like that.

Because unlike rendering,AI routines can be loaded and would not requires any update for some time,in fact AI scrip could be load as you load the level,and that scrip could cover the whole fight in Titanfall,those scrips contain many variables in them,is basically a scrip that tell the enemy or AI allies what to do when you confront them,or when you try to hide,it tell the AI how to react to you,this doesn't require constant refreshing is a basic scrip basically,which is in no way close to rendering models..

The problem is that offline defeat the whole purpose of the cloud.

Because when you offload to the cloud is because you want to use those resources in something else,so if you offload those 2 and then you don't have any means to offload you would have to give up what you use those extra resources for because you can't offload any more,consoles are not like PC where you get different setting to suit your needs,is doesn't work that way on consoles.

You have 1 setting across all platforms,not only that code use online on the cloud has to be small because it would conflict with bandwidth resources of online gaming as well,remember you are not just asking for resources you also need to run a stable online code for gameplay to be have.

Not only that as the user base grow it gets more and more difficult to offload anything.

In fact MS gloat about 300k servers,but on 4 million xbox one now how much do you think they can offload per unit.? Lets not forget that MS claim additional xbox one in the cloud,that is basically 3.9TF of power per console that the cloud need to have,300k servers are not enough for that..

There are many things that don't make sense on what MS claim.

Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Are they all high or plain lying to millions of people?

One or all of the above.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

I love that the PauperStation 4 has been declared the obvious winner 6 months in. It will make The Ones win so much sweeter.

Kane04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Kane04
Member since 2006 • 2115 Posts

@kuu2 said:

Such hypos.............

pentium 4 at 2ghz and a gforce 6600 beats a PS360, you're all set for the 7th gen.

MrXboxOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By MrXboxOne
Member since 2013 • 799 Posts

@silversix_ said:

This as low as it gets, who actually believes The Cloud will do ANYTHING but store saves this generation? They're saying the Bone will be 32 times more powerful than a 360,,,,, okaaaaaay so TEH CLOUD will offer additional x27 (X1 is roughly 5 times more powerful than a 360) more power? Da **** is this shit!? Are they all high or plain lying to millions of people? So teh cloud will make the Bone X32 more powerful and DX12 adds in another x15 power (or whatever bullshit percentage MS is cooking)? What's next, bro?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxHdUDhOMyw

suck it

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

@mrxboxone: Nice, how much does it cost to build one of those servers in the same room as you? Could get pricey.

Remember when lems were claiming GDDR5 was a poor choice because of latency? Seems that soon went out the window didn't it...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

I won't believe any cloud hype until I see something that shows its power.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#89  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

No reason to rely on MS's PR doublespeak anymore. We now have a "cloud powered" title on XB1 that also released for two other platforms. See any use exclusive to the XB1? Did it do anything we haven't seen before from dedicated servers? Was anything, Anything about it revolutionary?

I suppose we could add all the processing power required to run the servers of a game like WoW or FFXIV to our PCs and publish that like it's some huge deal. But we all know better. And that's MS' cloud.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
@mrxboxone said:

@silversix_ said:

This as low as it gets, who actually believes The Cloud will do ANYTHING but store saves this generation? They're saying the Bone will be 32 times more powerful than a 360,,,,, okaaaaaay so TEH CLOUD will offer additional x27 (X1 is roughly 5 times more powerful than a 360) more power? Da **** is this shit!? Are they all high or plain lying to millions of people? So teh cloud will make the Bone X32 more powerful and DX12 adds in another x15 power (or whatever bullshit percentage MS is cooking)? What's next, bro?

suck it

This was on a high end gaming rig. Do you know what's inside the Bone? A laughable HD7770 hahaha that is like the lowest end you could buy to actually play video games

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I am going to be straight up right now about this shit. By the time that anyone has a cloud infrastructure that can actually pull off this stuff, there will be a new generation of hardware that can do it locally. It is mind-numbingly stupid to think that throwing a server farm on the internet per console as a terminal is a good idea. You're going to end up spending more on hardware than what you're going to make back from a business aspect. Worst part about it is that the first one to come up with a cloud gaming infrastructure will also be the first one to have an archaic and out-dated cloud gaming infrastructure.

The entire concept of this stuff is just buzz and nothing more. As online game servers become more advanced and capable of running deeper game engines, the need for all this off-loaded processing will diminish. On the other hand, to keep an entire infrastructure from being outdated will require constant upgrades for diminishing returns. This really is the most asinine hypetrain I have ever seen in gaming.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

lol Xbone shits on titan gold

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

According to my calculations (and my calculations are never wrong) I put the cloud compute power equal to 32 360's. When you factor in DX12 freeing up tons of GPU power with the Cloud the results are mindboggling. Combined power equivalent to about 741 Xbox 360's.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44033 Posts

The wording is way too close for comfort since it almost looks like... Teh Sega add-on, 32X :o

Anyhooey, yeah, the MS storm cloud is brewing with DX12 and SecretSauce GPU w/ eSram in tow, yikes, be afraid Sony, be very afraid. :P

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 misterpmedia

@clr84651 said:

I saw a demo they did where they were destroying a building and it got bogged down fast. They had another using Cloud and it ran fast. I don't know that it will equate to games being made better for the console.

@mrxboxone said:

@silversix_ said:

suck it

"Ideal conditions"

Top kek.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52424 Posts

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:

Kind of funny that people still fall for PR and marketing.

Fanboys have to hold on to something.

Martin_G_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Martin_G_N
Member since 2006 • 2124 Posts

Yeah right. That's over 10 T.flops of compute power available from servers for each game, sounds plausible :p. You can basicly play several X1 games at once on an X360.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By misterpmedia

@FoxbatAlpha said:

According to my calculations (and my calculations are never wrong) I put the cloud compute power equal to 32 360's. When you factor in DX12 freeing up tons of GPU power with the Cloud the results are mindboggling. Combined power equivalent to about 741 Xbox 360's.