Xbox One Will Be As Powerful As 32 Xbox 360s With The Cloud

• 141 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

This as low as it gets, who actually believes The Cloud will do ANYTHING but store saves this generation? They're saying the Bone will be 32 times more powerful than a 360,,,,, okaaaaaay so TEH CLOUD will offer additional x27 (X1 is roughly 5 times more powerful than a 360) more power? Da **** is this shit!? Are they all high or plain lying to millions of people? So teh cloud will make the Bone X32 more powerful and DX12 adds in another x15 power (or whatever bullshit percentage MS is cooking)? What's next, bro?

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

lel

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

And I'm the King of England, no really.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

We don't know. That article is speculation, just as much as believing that the cloud will give the best graphics ever. At the end of the day, we should stop obsessing.

It's also relevant to state that dualshockers stated that this was relevant to computing power, and not directly to graphical fidelity.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
@lundy86_4 said:

We don't know. That article is speculation, just as much as believing that the cloud will give the best graphics ever. At the end of the day, we should stop obsessing.

Come on now x32 times? DA FUK? Think for a sec lol its like the cloud will have two to three free Xbox One's inside it and when you combine it all you get Megatron *cough* i mean a console that is more powerful than a high end gaming rig.

tacoma1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By tacoma1972
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts

@lundy86_4:

Ok. Maybe YOU don't know and with such a high posting count I would expect you should. For the rest of us though we are tired of the amount of BS M$ keeps putting out. They are so desperate to try to turn around and somehow make there machine equal in power with the PS4. It is not going to happen.

On a separate note every time M$ markets the xflop the help the sales of the ps4.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I thought the cloud was pretty much confirmed to just be a glorified storage device.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Come on now x32 times? DA FUK? Think for a sec lol its like the cloud will have two to three free Xbox One's inside it and when you combine it all you get Megatron *cough* i mean a console that is more powerful than a high end gaming rig.

See my edit. It's best not to equate this without distinct knowledge. This is media 101... Attract hits whilst utilizing information that many may misunderstand.

@tacoma1972 said:

@lundy86_4:

Ok. Maybe YOU don't know and with such a high posting count I would expect you should. For the rest of us though we are tired of the amount of BS M$ keeps putting out. They are so desperate to try to turn around and somehow make there machine equal in power with the PS4. It is not going to happen.

On a separate note every time M$ markets the xflop the help the sales of the ps4.

So, what do you know? Explain, in detail, why the cloud is irrelevant in terms of graphical fidelity and computing power. We'll wait. Hell, Dualshockers even said that this may only be relevant to computing power, and not directly related to graphics.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Wow. Amazing clouds.

As an Xbone owner, it would be nice to believe PR...but I'm too old for fairy tales and PR stories from any of the companies. I got the machines and I don't need buzz words or poppycock to sell me, I am just waiting for software. I don't want to "rain" on anyone's parade though.

Tighaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tighaman
Member since 2006 • 1038 Posts

talk to AMD who just announced CLOUD GPUs talk to NVIDIA the are doing cloud graphic rendering right now you watch the demo on youtube. Just because people cant understand it doesnt mean its not going to work and no one invest billions on something thats not going to useful also if its billions invested its never just one company investing its more than just MS invested in this tech.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

In all honestly, I'd love for tech to get this advanced especially in regards to pc gaming.

Upgrading is a total bitch, if some of the need of that could be offloaded through something like say a "cloud." I'd be ecstatic.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#13  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

BLAST PROCESSING

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@charizard1605 said:

BLAST PROCESSING

It sounds nice in theory, but where the hell is it?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

"In a real-world scenario the physics being rendered on the cloud would be completely and entirely dependent on the speed of the connection of the end-user. Someone with slow broadband or ADSL, would see the chunks of the building falling like a slideshow, or worse yet, rubber-banding around the play area."

Even if all the end-user's connection was doing nothing more than working as a proxy for instruction sets, you would still need a zero-latency connection to ensure that the sets are arriving on time.

And finally

"Not to mention if you don't happen to be online you won't be able to do anything at all. And with the latest round of FCC proposals to limit open internet, the only country the XBox does support might not have any support for it."

Lems cant catch a break.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Lems need false hope to build their dreams on.

tacoma1972

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tacoma1972
Member since 2013 • 199 Posts

So. I suppose cloud processing is just some restricted magic reserved for only the x1. Let's be clear whatever MS tries to do has already been done. They don't originate on anything, they imitate.

Indicud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Indicud
Member since 2013 • 745 Posts

Lol

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Trying to hype up Japan for the incoming launch.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Go away, MS.

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#21 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts

Lol Oh Microsoft.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I think the Cloud could outsource some small portions of what CPU is supposed to do and help it consistently hit 60fps in a best case scenario. Btw couldn't the Cloud assist in pre-loading assets while levels load? Thus either the loading times would be shortened or slightly more detailed versions could be loaded. Or maybe it could process some chunks of information in advance and ensure no loading times whatsoever? At worst, I could see it making the world react more dynamically to your actions. The possibilities are there, sure, but I wouldn't associate therm with graphical processing power.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Statements like these make things look worse . Just focus on first party games , nothing more .

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

OMG "the cloud"

The cloud wont do real time processing for the X1, all workloads will be on server side. The internet infrastructure is not up to task nor are the servers to help process real time data to every single console. You have problems such as processing time, then you have latency issues from both ends. Only expect global on server based abilities like controlling NPC's, handling more complex physics processing just telling the consoles what to render and animate that everyone sees the same not having to calculate those aspects in real time.

All this DX 12 and Cloud BS needs to stop before some people dream's come crashing down.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

hahahahagahaha MS officially thinks japan is stupid

watch out hermits Xbone will own your titan gold pc

tendoboy1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By tendoboy1984
Member since 2012 • 253 Posts

Guess what guys! Without "the cloud" we wouldn't have internet or anything that takes advantage of it (online multiplayer).

And DirectX is a graphics programming tool that's been used for decades, it's become the standard for game programmers.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

@tendoboy1984: wait what ?

"without the cloud we wouldn't have internet"

LMAO

Wiimotefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Wiimotefan
Member since 2010 • 4151 Posts

I believe!

tendoboy1984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tendoboy1984
Member since 2012 • 253 Posts

The cloud is just a remote server. The internet is just a collection of computers connected to each other sharing data (a server).

Without cloud computing, the internet wouldn't exist. There would be no Google Docs, no Netflix, none of that stuff.

mbrockway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mbrockway
Member since 2007 • 3560 Posts

XBone can't even run a higher res than the 360 on MGS Ground Zeroes. Whats One x 1 again?

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#31  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

@silversix_ said:

This as low as it gets, who actually believes The Cloud will do ANYTHING but store saves this generation? They're saying the Bone will be 32 times more powerful than a 360,,,,, okaaaaaay so TEH CLOUD will offer additional x27 (X1 is roughly 5 times more powerful than a 360) more power? Da **** is this shit!? Are they all high or plain lying to millions of people? So teh cloud will make the Bone X32 more powerful and DX12 adds in another x15 power (or whatever bullshit percentage MS is cooking)? What's next, bro?

Omg that picture had me dying laughing bro. Rofl

@SolidTy said:

Wow. Amazing clouds.

As an Xbone owner, it would be nice to believe PR...but I'm too old for fairy tales and PR stories from any of the companies. I got the machines and I don't need buzz words or poppycock to sell me, I am just waiting for software. I don't want to "rain" on anyone's parade though.

I see what you did there you sly dog.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Titanfall on XB1 isn't 32 times better at anything than the 360 version. I finally played the last version of the game tonight. (360) The gap between PC and XB1 is bigger than XB1 and 360. I'm not sure how to feel about that.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

To be fair its quite clear cloud computing is the direction things are heading....the big boys have ALL invested in this technology. Its impossible to make an objective judgement at this stage because we have seen little in action. To say its beyond the realms of possibility just because you "dont think" it sounds feasible is just ignorance.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#35 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

But it still wont be able to do the 120 FPS, 4D games Sony promised in PS3 hype I bet...............

D4RKL1NG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By D4RKL1NG
Member since 2012 • 290 Posts

TCHBFO muheheheuhe

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@remiks00 said:

@SolidTy said:

Wow. Amazing clouds.

I see what you did there you sly dog.

Plus:

:)

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

Yo i'm skeptical of the cloud also but for me internet speed is no prob as I have 50mb xfinity and its always connected, but here are some intersting links I found:

http://community.amd.com/community/amd-blogs/amd-business/blog/2014/03/22/amd-and-leap-computing-look-to-the-sky-for-cloud-gaming-at-gdc-2014

"AMD Radeon™ Sky cloud gaming cards and AMD RapidFire technology enable Leap Computing to deliver a fully-realized, turnkey cloud solution for uncompromising performance on games"

“Although these technologies have existed for the past several years, the play experience has been too resource-heavy to actually make cloud deployment possible, until now,” said Alexander Nataros, chief executive officer at Leap Computing. “The performance and precision of the AMD Radeon Sky cloud gaming GPUs have been instrumental in optimizing hardware for our service.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/11/05/amazon-launches-new-ec2-gpu-instances-for-high-performance-3d-graphics-in-the-cloud/

Amazon today launched a new type of instance for its EC2 cloud computing platform that is specifically designed for applications that require 3D graphics capabilities. When you think about cloud computing, high-performance 3D graphics are probably not the first thing that comes to mind, but given how much compute power that 3D visualizations and streaming graphics-intensive applications require, this new instance type is a logical next step for AWS.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/gpu-cloud-rendering.html

NVIDIA’s advanced rendering solutions not only scale across GPUs in a system, but also across a local cluster environment, to a third party rendering service, or to the cloud for on-demand rendering needs. With NVIDIA® technology, GPU-powered clouds enables collaborative and interactive 3D experience on laptops, tablets or even smartphones. Software developers can integrate iray Cloud rendering capabilities into existing applications today.

Yea I'm skeptical but with so many companies investing in this it would seem as if it is something we can look forward to happening. Amazon, Nvidia, and Amd are just the big name companies doing this, Amd and Nvidia both are designing cards to work with the cloud, so now what, are we just gonna keep saying this won't work despite the fact that these big names in the industry are clearly moving in this same direction. I wonder if M$ didn't get the idea from amd or nvidia when building the xbox or if it was their own idea, either way it looks like it will be happening in the future just not for PS4. But I know how people work they don't believe until they see it happen, but think about if everyone in the tech industry was like that there would be no innovation at all we would still be stuck in the stone ages. This is no secret now M$ is just the company to come forward and take the backlash, the xbox is starting to look more and more like it was built with the future in mind which could be why they abandoned their popular unified architecture to line up with the new tech that amd and nvidia had coming up.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#39 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Lol Teh cloud.

Hahahahahahahaha what utter and complete BULLSHIT!!! LMFAO!

iloveatlus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#40 iloveatlus
Member since 2009 • 599 Posts

Microsoft must think the Xbone fanbase are fill with children.

Sollet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Sollet
Member since 2003 • 8282 Posts

@iloveatlus said:

Microsoft must think the Xbone fanbase are fill with children.

Well they aren't exactly wrong ;P

Vecna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Vecna
Member since 2002 • 3425 Posts

Have to do something to offset how crappy and outdated the hardware was at launch. It only goes downhill from here.

I would talk about shit in the clouds too, anything to keep someone from looking inside of the box.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

10/10 thread.

The Could and DX12 are gonna be like bees and honey together.

Lol Sony and its dated PS4 architecture. It may give you a slight advantage now, but the future waits for no one.

Epic-gamerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Epic-gamerz
Member since 2014 • 222 Posts

32x more powerful than Xbox 360? Ha it's barely 1.2x more powerful than the 360 running games at 729p and 900p

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Lol, Xbone...what a joke.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@SNIPER4321 said:

@Suppaman100 said:

Lol, Xbone...what a joke.

i agree so is PS4

And so is PC.

PC probably being the biggest joke out of them all.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Yip both consoles are a joke at the moment, no need what so ever to own either of them.

Cyberdot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Cyberdot
Member since 2013 • 3928 Posts

Cloud... Hahahahahaha.

Keep dreaming, Microsoft. It won't work well - people prefer hardware powered.