Xbox One Warranty?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SumPro (118 posts) -

Is this console coming out with at least a 5 year warranty? it scares me as it is to use my last Xbox as a DVD player I would panic if I caught a family member using it with out permission just because of all the hassle ive had with broken Xbox360's

So now they want it to always be on use it with are TV etc.. can it handle the wear and tear of everyday use for years to come?

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (29728 posts) -
RROD 2.0
#3 Posted by moistsandwich (0 posts) -

Another reason for me to play the wait and see game with the XBOX.

#4 Posted by Nike_Air (18318 posts) -
#5 Posted by panndemic (45 posts) -

Is this console coming out with at least a 5 year warranty?

SumPro
5 years is too much to be true. Anyway, it would be a true benefit if it happens like you say, because the newer the consoles are, the easier they break.
#6 Posted by Andrew_Xavier (9616 posts) -

Rocket science level stuff never breaks man, so no need for an extended warrantee.

Have you ever heard of a rocket breaking or exploding? Me neither.

#7 Posted by def_mode (4079 posts) -

prepare for the RROD One

#8 Posted by jimmypsn (4425 posts) -

Nah it will probably be a regular 90 day to a year warranty.  MS isn't gonna make the same mistake with the 360.  They probably had NASA engineers develop it to withstand a meteor hit. 

#9 Posted by KungfuKitten (20900 posts) -

The 5 minute warranty, one of the 15 microsoft exclusives.

#10 Posted by mems_1224 (46704 posts) -
PS2's were cheaply made pieces of shit that always broke down and the PS3 turned out fine. Idk why people expect MS to have the same problems.
#11 Posted by CJ_ofCamelot (1764 posts) -
With microsoft constantly erasing data from you harddrive and working the motor, they should provide a lifetime warranty now!!
#12 Posted by xboxdone (17 posts) -
Xbox Done, let me ask you are you getting and xbox for GAMING becuase microsoft doesnt seem to have gamers in their mind this time around with their USED game policy , and the news I just read Microsoft believes next-generation consoles will sell over 1 billion units and aims to elevate the long-running Xbox 360 to 100 million sold in the next five years. http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-next-gen-console-sales-could-hit-1-billion-6408879 Dont support this greedy bastards it will fail just like windows 8
#13 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Rocket science level stuff never breaks man, so no need for an extended warrantee.

Andrew_Xavier
Not sure if serious. :shock:
#14 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -
This console seems to be even more rushed than the 360. I expect big problems.
#15 Posted by Andrew_Xavier (9616 posts) -
[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

AmazonTreeBoa

The power of 5 billion transistors will carry us through the next several millennia.
#16 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

It will be minimal. They really need to support a 2-3 yr warranty, because this thing is guaranteed to break down often. Has to be on constantly, connected, a separate camera has to be plugged in. Too much, I expect they know there will be loads of defects, but will be willing to eat that loss for momentum of sales/replacements.

#17 Posted by Heil68 (43594 posts) -
If they didn't learn from the 360, then nothing can help them. I'm waiting a year+ before I get a X1 anyways, granted they answer some of my concerns at E3.
#18 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -
[QUOTE="AmazonTreeBoa"][QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

Andrew_Xavier

The power of 5 billion transistors will carry us through the next several millennia.

Ah not serious, okay.
#19 Posted by sukraj (22296 posts) -

Another reason for me to play the wait and see game with the XBOX.

moistsandwich

i'm waiting too.

#20 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -
#21 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23586 posts) -

since i didn't abandon sony for making  a crappy ps 1 that i bought 3 times  and a crappy ps2 that i bought three times it seems hypocritical to be pissed at ms after only burning out 2 of them the entire gen this time.

maybe 3rd time will be the charm for ms the way it was for sony.

#22 Posted by CJ_ofCamelot (1764 posts) -

since i didn't abandon sony for making  a crappy ps 1 that i bought 3 times  and a crappy ps2 that i bought three times it seems hypocritical to be pissed at ms after only burning out 2 of them the entire gen this time.

maybe 3rd time will be the charm for ms the way it was for sony.

Riverwolf007
dawson_crying.gif
#23 Posted by MasterX666 (364 posts) -

Andrew_Xavier

HUH??? Are you f***ing kidding me right now??? Many rockets broke and exploded!!!

#24 Posted by MasterX666 (364 posts) -

PS2's were cheaply made pieces of shit that always broke down and the PS3 turned out fine. Idk why people expect MS to have the same problems. mems_1224

No they weren't! Just had to open it up and wipe the lens to fix the read disc errors! 

#25 Posted by MasterX666 (364 posts) -

[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

AmazonTreeBoa

I think he his and that's exactly the type of customer M$ wants! CLUELESS!!

#26 Posted by MasterX666 (364 posts) -

If they didn't learn from the 360, then nothing can help them. I'm waiting a year+ before I get a X1 anyways, granted they answer some of my concerns at E3. Heil68

They have learned alright! Just not in the way you think! RROD 2.0 is going to happen!