Xbox One - Underpowered and Overpriced

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by KratosDrake (44 posts) 11 months, 1 day ago

Poll: Xbox One - Underpowered and Overpriced (107 votes)

Yes, Xbox One is Underpowered and Overpriced 66%
No, the power and price are fine 34%

Xbox One is less powerful than PS4, yet its $100 more expensive.

It has Kinect, but their are almost no Kinect games at all. It seems like MS will quickly abandon Kinect development. And while it has some usefulness in the OS, its not worth the extra $100. I could see MS dropping Kinect by next years E3 and releasing a cheaper Xbox One, so basically anyone who buys one at Launch for $500 will be getting ripped off because the Kinect will be irrelevant in the next 6-8 months.

As far as power goes, we are ALREADY hearing rumors of games running in higher resolution on PS4. This will only get worse as the generation goes on. Everyone knows PS4 is more powerful.

Xbox One - Underpowered and Overpriced.

There is a reason Don Mattrick is no longer with the company, and its not because he was looking for a new challenge at Zynga. Unfortunately for Xbox fans, they will feel the effects of Mattricks screw ups for the entire generation.

#1 Posted by MonsieurX (29579 posts) -

Cow alts,cow alts everywhere

#2 Edited by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

Cow alts,cow alts everywhere

reported for posting animal on animal mouth to teat action.

just kidding. i'd never snitch on you. even if you posted pics of my gf first, and now my mistress

#3 Edited by GravityX (700 posts) -

Nothing can compete with the PS4 !

Greatness Awaits!

#4 Edited by Shewgenja (8489 posts) -

If you're a gamer, what is the point? So you can play the games MS should have splashed on earlier this year while the PS3 launched a hand full of AAA exclusives for the PS3?

A real friend wouldn't let a friend get XBoned. #truthfact

#5 Edited by TheKingIAm (985 posts) -

The x1 is a terrible deal

#6 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

they must be making a profit on every x1 sold. thanks sony for the great deal.

#7 Posted by lundy86_4 (43021 posts) -

Yeah, these alts need to start getting locked down.

#8 Posted by barrybarryk (436 posts) -

I'd say it's overpriced but not underpowered, the hardware is practically identical to the PS4.

#9 Edited by navyguy21 (12751 posts) -

I miss the old rules :-/

#10 Posted by danjammer69 (4109 posts) -

Which ones? The old-old rules, or the recent old rules....?

Meh, don't matter. The new rules suck irregardless.

#11 Edited by Mkavanaugh77 (20733 posts) -

so a lot of assumptions and rumors?

How about the games?

Dead Rising, Ryse, Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Titanfall Cows be jelly.

#12 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

The price is fine and happy with what I be getting on nov 22. The power, sure I wish there would be little upgrate. But no matter what. Its not far from ps4.

#13 Edited by Bruin1986 (1236 posts) -

I don't think we really know how powerful the Xbox One hardware is yet. We are still in the pre-launch, 1st generation titles era. Developers are still figuring out the nuances of each system and regardless of how simple a console can be to develop for, there are ALWAYS little tricks developers find to enhance their games.

If you are over 18 years old (or at least possess the requisite maturity I would hope an 18-year old would have), read the following:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-the-complete-xbox-one-interview

I'm sure many people will blindly dismiss everything the interview details as "evil, M$ PR spin", but a lot of what they are saying makes sense in regards to not being able to accurately gauge the console's power simply from a basic spread sheet of the main components and their associated gigaflops, etc

It may be that the PS4 is indeed easier to develop for this generation, as the 360 was last generation, and this may be part of the root of these early claims from developers that the PS4 is more powerful in regards to actual game performance.

Only time will tell...

#14 Posted by nhh18 (6538 posts) -

you just found out about this. With all the FUD microsoft was saying. I felt like a system warrior seeping through the white washing. The fact remains that the specs of ps4 vs xbone. Games would run 30 fps 1080p on ps4 and 22 fps on 1080p on xbox one. Instead of running at 40-45 fps on xbox one they lowered the resoloution of ghost to 720p. It is understandable tbh.

#15 Edited by -Damien- (5302 posts) -

Underpowered and Overpriced, indeed

#16 Posted by sonic1564 (3265 posts) -

Op, go home, you're drunk

#17 Edited by profanityVP (386 posts) -

the real potential is in the cloud, and virtualisation.

that along with the physical power of the console will be more then enough,

#18 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (5035 posts) -

Right next to the Wii-U, X1 is one terrible console.

#19 Posted by lostrib (34704 posts) -

wow you were real creative coming up with your alt name

#20 Posted by blackace (20291 posts) -

The games will speak for themselves. It's definitely not underpowered, especially after M$ sent out the final devkits.

#21 Posted by Douevenlift_bro (5035 posts) -

@blackace said:

The games will speak for themselves. It's definitely not underpowered, especially after M$ sent out the final devkits.

CoD - 720P

Ryse - 900P

TitanFall - 720P

Not underpowered? You're right, its just holding back its awesome cloud power.

#22 Posted by lostrib (34704 posts) -

@blackace said:

CoD - 720P

Ryse - 900P

TitanFall - 720P

isn't Ryse the only one that's been confirmed

#24 Posted by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

Theb price is fine and happy with what I be getting on nov 22. The power, sure I wiwh therewould be little uphrate. But no matter what. Its not far from ps4.

It is pretty far, seeing as most multiplats run 720p while 1080p on the ps4

#25 Posted by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

At $499 USD, it's a bit over price when compared to the following PC specs

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1RpCy

CPU: AMD FX-4130 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($89.97 @ SuperBiiz)

Motherboard: Biostar A960D+ Micro ATX AM3+ Motherboard ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz)

Memory: Kingston Predator Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($58.61 @ NCIX US)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: PowerColor Radeon HD 7870 XT 2GB Video Card ($139.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: CoolMax 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($24.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $408.54 (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.) (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-23 02:24 EDT-0400)

---------

Sorry MS, hermits can build a better AMD box.

#26 Posted by sukraj (22177 posts) -

getting dead rising 3 and ryse next month.

#27 Edited by Sweenix (5398 posts) -

@sukraj said:

getting dead rising 3 and ryse next month.

That's soo irrelevant to the topic

#28 Posted by tormentos (17168 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@blackace said:

CoD - 720P

Ryse - 900P

TitanFall - 720P

Only Ryse resolution is confirmed idiot. It will be upscaled to 1080p anyways. Cows are so desperate for the XB1 to fail. They are embarrassing to SW. Bunch of losers.

hahahahaa............. I can feel the tears on this post to...hahaha

I told you so i told every one,even some hidden lem-rmits you know some who claim to be hermit but they wear the lemming suit like super man inside,which fight me about it to.hahaha

The PS4 has 660Gflosp advantage on the xbox one,both are GCN,the PS4 has more mature tools and is say to be even easier than the xbox one to code for,every GCN test out there says it i have post benchmark after benchmark,i have stated what the xbox one had to do to keep up with the PS4 frame wise on games,and giving resolution up is one of the,still to come image quality,i think it will also get a hit on xbox one.

#29 Edited by tormentos (17168 posts) -

Memory: Kingston Predator Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory ($58.61 @ NCIX US)

Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($54.99 @ Amazon)

Power Supply: CoolMax 500W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($24.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $408.54 (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.) (Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-23 02:24 EDT-0400)

---------

The xbox one comes with a controllers,case and OS.

So where is the case,windows and mouse and keyboard.

#30 Posted by MK-Professor (3733 posts) -

@ronvalencia said:

---------

Generally speaking you only add the cost of the GPU, you know every pc gamer already have the other parts, or even console gamers have some parts that can be used, I am sure everyone have case, OS, m/k, hdd laying around.

#31 Posted by freedomfreak (39235 posts) -

"KratosDrake"

Good grief.

#32 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4134 posts) -

Underpowered, overpriced and unwanted.

I'll never understand what Microsoft was thinking when they rolled this turd out to the world proudly.

#33 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (5035 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Douevenlift_bro said:

@blackace said:

CoD - 720P

Ryse - 900P

TitanFall - 720P

Only Ryse resolution is confirmed idiot. It will be upscaled to 1080p anyways. Cows are so desperate for the XB1 to fail. They are embarrassing to SW. Bunch of losers.

hahahahaa............. I can feel the tears on this post to...hahaha

I told you so i told every one,even some hidden lem-rmits you know some who claim to be hermit but they wear the lemming suit like super man inside,which fight me about it to.hahaha

The PS4 has 660Gflosp advantage on the xbox one,both are GCN,the PS4 has more mature tools and is say to be even easier than the xbox one to code for,every GCN test out there says it i have post benchmark after benchmark,i have stated what the xbox one had to do to keep up with the PS4 frame wise on games,and giving resolution up is one of the,still to come image quality,i think it will also get a hit on xbox one.

LMAO owned him. I jyst saw his post now.. he's sooo upset, I could feel his pain. Poor blackace

#34 Posted by Zakeris (29 posts) -

I think some people forget that Sony ditched packaging their camera simply in order to beat Xbones price point. If I remember right, it's at the sacrifice of some DualShock funtionality ( http://kotaku.com/the-ps4s-camera-can-do-some-cool-tricks-461245527 ) So, you lose some functionality to save a bill, or you end up buying it, and equalling out the price. That is all.

#35 Posted by StormyJoe (4934 posts) -

@blackace said:

CoD - 720P

Ryse - 900P

TitanFall - 720P

Infinity Ward said CoD is 1080P/60FPS on both XB1 and PS4. Plus, TitanFall 720P is a rumor.

1 for 3. Fail...

#36 Posted by Thecongregation (56 posts) -

@navyguy21 said:

Which ones? The old-old rules, or the recent old rules....?

Meh, don't matter. The new rules suck irregardless.

Irregardless is not a word GOD DAMNIT.

#37 Posted by Spartan070 (16333 posts) -

Poll closer than you thought, eh TC?

#38 Posted by clone01 (24544 posts) -

If you're a gamer, what is the point? So you can play the games MS should have splashed on earlier this year while the PS3 launched a hand full of AAA exclusives for the PS3?

God you're a moron.

#39 Posted by SKaREO (3161 posts) -

Microsoft managed to sell me on the PS4. Sony didn't even really need to do anything but be there as an alternative, but their system goes above and beyond my expectations for the next-gen. 8GB of unified video RAM is amazing.

#40 Posted by Heil68 (43508 posts) -

The PS4 is the most powerful video game console ever created in the history of video games. Everything next to it will pale in comparison.

#41 Posted by blamix99 (1699 posts) -

LOL they should've just called it xbox720

#42 Edited by Phazevariance (10936 posts) -

@GravityX said:

Nothing can compete with the PS4 !

Greatness Awaits!

Eww look at thos fugly textures ont eh ground. If thats ps4 graphics, i'll pass.

#43 Edited by ronvalencia (15109 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia said:

---------

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1SynE

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 760K 3.8GHz Quad-Core Processor ($77.00 @ Amazon)

Motherboard: Biostar A55MD2 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard ($44.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Hitachi 500GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ NCIX US)

Case: Sentey CS1-1420 PLUS ATX Mid Tower Case ($19.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $415.56

(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)(Generated by PCPartPicker 2013-10-24 02:21 EDT-0400)

This Athlon II X4 760K uses the recent FM2 socket and it's unlocked for end user overclocking i.e. the "K" markings.

#44 Posted by B-apples (71 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@Shewgenja said:

God you're a moron.

Indeed #truthfact

#45 Edited by CTR360 (6990 posts) -

underpowered hell no overpriced hell yes

#46 Edited by -Damien- (5302 posts) -

@CTR360 said:

underpowered hell no overpriced hell yes

it's underpowered, 720-900p will be the norm