Xbox One Truck Tour - Xbox One Dashboard Footage

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ttboy (311 posts) -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CcC5bVpIQX4

#2 Posted by Sagemode87 (1003 posts) -

PS4 UI looks much better! 

#3 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

That looks really fast and easy to pick up on. I can't wait. :)

#4 Posted by Jamani (1779 posts) -

Sagemode87
TrollGawd
#5 Posted by Jamani (1779 posts) -

Sagemode87
TrollGawd
#6 Posted by Jamani (1779 posts) -

Sagemode87
TrollGawd
#7 Posted by always_explicit (2932 posts) -

Looks functional and attractive. Perfect.

#8 Posted by freedomfreak (40926 posts) -
Honestly don't know what was up with the music.
#9 Posted by cakeorrdeath (19074 posts) -
Looks really sleek.
#10 Posted by AD216 (1719 posts) -

It looks pretty good.

#11 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

So fluid so fast so smooth thank you msft and all with the game played .  Can come of game into this and switch back.    Sony ui will be an inferior piece of horseshit compared to this.

#12 Posted by RoslindaleOne (7566 posts) -
Looks absolutely beautiful. Well done MS!
#13 Posted by RR360DD (11988 posts) -

Sagemode87

:lol:

Good one

#14 Posted by xboxiphoneps3 (2378 posts) -
looks good, nice and fast, most important thing for me for both console OS's is that they remain extremely snappy even during in games and everything opens up quickly and smoothly
#15 Posted by muffin200 (733 posts) -

Shame that 35% of the dashboard will be filled will ads before the end of next year.

#16 Posted by UNcartMe (556 posts) -

In all honesty, the PS4 UI looks better.  This is mainly because I don't like Windows 8.  No doubt XB1 UI will have more features than the PS4 UI though.  Kind of a reverse from last gen.  The 360's UI looked better, but was more closed, while the PS3's UI didn't look great but had a lot more features.

#17 Posted by sukraj (23051 posts) -

Looks nice

#18 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

looks good, nice and fast, most important thing for me for both console OS's is that they remain extremely snappy even during in games and everything opens up quickly and smoothly xboxiphoneps3

are you gettng the XBO, tech king?

#19 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

So fluid so fast so smooth thank you msft and all with the game played .  Can come of game into this and switch back.    Sony ui will be an inferior piece of horseshit compared to this.

XBOunity

it looks like windows 8, which is garbage.  the ps4 ui looks alot faster and better.  

#20 Posted by sebbi11 (1190 posts) -

Sweet.

#21 Posted by Merex760 (4328 posts) -
So it's Windows 8.
#22 Edited by hoosier7 (3844 posts) -

Looks a bit slower than the PS4 one, the settings menu has it's own little load screen for some reason, there was also a bit of lag coming out of the collection screen. Looks fairly well organised bar the collection screen, it's like the marketplace that took ages to scroll through.

PS4's UI is the best for me.

#23 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9483 posts) -

Still think the PS4's UI looks better.

#24 Posted by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

@Nonstop-Madness: ps4's certainly looks quicker and less likely to load or freeze up.

#25 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

I think it's pretty obvious that MS is always going to own Sony on the software front, it's everything else that I'm afraid of

#26 Posted by II_Seraphim_II (20494 posts) -

When the music starts it reminds me of LOST :P. But yeah, the UI looks great.

#27 Posted by Silent-Assasin7 (1496 posts) -

Looks good, PS4 one is plain and jane which is technically fine, but XBO looks like it'll compliment Windows 8 and Windows Phone very nicely.

#28 Posted by toast_burner (21757 posts) -

It's full of empty space. Knowing MS that probably means it will be mostly full of ads.

That alone makes it much worse than the competition.

#29 Edited by XanderZane (5069 posts) -

@Sagemode87 said:

Not really. The PS4 UI looked just like the ugly PS3 one. 100's of menus to flip through before you could find what you really wanted. I hated the PS3 UI. I wish Microsoft had kept the XBox 360 UI which is just about perfect. Fast and easy to access everything quickly. Their "Home" button can get you to just about everything quickly. The PS3 home button sucks.

#30 Posted by The_Rick_14 (9945 posts) -

Hopefully the tile color can be changed. XBox green on white would hurt my eyes and be difficult to read.

#31 Posted by XanderZane (5069 posts) -

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Still think the PS4's UI looks better.

Looks like crap. Exactly the same as the poorly made PS3 UI. Gotten flip through 5-6 screens just to get to one thing.

#32 Posted by hoosier7 (3844 posts) -

@XanderZane said:

@Sagemode87 said:

Not really. The PS4 UI looked just like the ugly PS3 one. 100's of menus to flip through before you could find what you really wanted. I hated the PS3 UI. I wish Microsoft had kept the XBox 360 UI which is just about perfect. Fast and easy to access everything quickly. Their "Home" button can get you to just about everything quickly. The PS3 home button sucks.

Errm, not really. You have the XMB bar and the sub sections, you don't have to go through anything else. Unless you're talking about the settings section and that's kind of how you should expect it to be? If anything the Xbone UI looks worse for scrolling through stuff, did you see the "collection" page? You're sat scrolling through blocks for ages to get through anything.

#33 Posted by kuu2 (7368 posts) -

@Nonstop-Madness: Sony has always had a crap UI and PSN follows right behind it. MSoft knows how to make a proper GUI for just about anything.

#34 Edited by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Nonstop-Madness: Sony has always had a crap UI and PSN follows right behind it. MSoft knows how to make a proper GUI for just about anything.

XMB was far better than 360 and was totally customizable. You could even make your own animated themes with very ns4w material lol.

Check out this one.Custom icons and animated,all user made.

#35 Edited by navyguy21 (12946 posts) -

How can anyone honestly prefer XB1 or PS4s UI when they are almost the same as the current ones?

Fanboys are just pathetic

#36 Edited by Nonstop-Madness (9483 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

I guess that's why they're trying to slap Metro UI on everything they make. Maybe that also explains why they changed the 360's UI a total of three times. The XMB is literally 10 years old and it still holds up just fine. I personally just prefer the look of the PS4's UI. I'm not a huge fan of Metro UI. It's great for touchscreen devices and thats' about it.

#37 Edited by SonofK (1066 posts) -

@Nonstop-Madness said:

@kuu2 said:

I guess that's why they're trying to slap Metro UI on everything they make. Maybe that also explains why they changed the 360's UI a total of three times. The XMB is literally 10 years old and it still holds up just fine. I personally just prefer the look of the PS4's UI. I'm not a huge fan of Metro UI. It's great for touchscreen devices and thats' about it.

So the fact that MS changed the UI several times meant the UI was bad? They changed and updated the UI because most people didn't want to stare at the same dashboard for 8 years. The only redeeming quality of the XBM is that it's simple and doesn't get cluttered, on the other hand it's bland and ugly even when you put in a custom wallpaper.

#38 Posted by Far_RockNYC (1112 posts) -

Looks way better than the menu cluster f**k that is the PS4 UI

#39 Edited by iampenguin (223 posts) -

I'm buying a PS4 but I do think this looks nice.