Xbox One Tour

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by remiks00 (1706 posts) -

I went to try out the Xbox one earlier today (I live in Atlanta). Just wondering if any of you guys have had a chance to experience it as well?

#2 Posted by s0ldier69 (2079 posts) -

Well how bout telling us what you played and what you thought?

#3 Posted by remiks00 (1706 posts) -

@s0ldier69: lol, yeah, I thought about doing that. Got worried about people saying "Blog it". I'm at work now, writing up a short review as well. :P

#4 Edited by FinalFighters (1386 posts) -

Blog it :p

#5 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

no closest tour around me is a 2hr drive~~ Not happening,

i just wait for ms store or gamestop/bestbuy when they get the system in... but how about you tell is what you think lol.

#6 Edited by shawn30 (4364 posts) -

Yeah, in Schaumburg, Il a few weeks back. Played 4 games for around an hour.

#7 Posted by ManInFlames-77 (291 posts) -

Yeah I got a chance to play it and I gotta say, I'm very dissapointed. The controller just feels clunky and the triggers are way too thick. I played Killer Instinct and the 720p really put me off from buying the system so I decided to cancel my preorder.

#8 Posted by remiks00 (1706 posts) -

I'm trying to type this fast while I'm at work. I apologize for any grammar errors and typos in advance.

Overall, It was a fun experience. It was in this big warehouse Downtown Atlanta. I played RYSE, Killer Instinct, BF4, and Dead Rising 3. The first game I played was Killer Instinct. I'm not a big fighting game player but for what it's worth it was "Okay". Nothing really amazing about it at all really. My friend roommate participates in fighting in tournaments such as "Final Round" each year and he loved it

Controller: . I've been gaming on the 360 since launch, so the 1st things I noticed right off the bat was how different the controller felt vs the 360's controller. I must admit, some things are worse...., but maybe the more you use it, you'll get used to the changes.

It took a while to adjust to the new controller changes. Right off the bat I noticed that the The LB & RB's buttons can only be pressed within a certain range. It only register's a little "click" sound from the middle of the button -to the opposite side. Very weird that I could not press the entire button from either side like the 360's. The entire button is no longer press-able...very annoying if you have big hands. The triggers are much better than the 360's, fits much more comfortably around your trigger fingers. The Thumb-sticks are much smaller now, and they are longer.It was very uncomfortable playing BF4 with the new thumb-sticks, I felt that my accuracy was much worse because of the sensitivity of the thumb-sticks is much, much higher now; as well as the sticks are much looser. The new d-pad is MUCH better than the old one lol. Makes a satisfying "clicking" sound when you press each corner, much like the Vita, ..feels very accurate. The Xbox Dashboard button was moved to the top of the controller to prevent accidental dashboard presses. The "Impulse-Trigger" mechanic isn't all what it's cracked up to be tbh. The controller as a whole feels slightly smaller as well. I feel that after launch there will be plenty of complaints about the new controller, which is unfortunate. While some things about it are better, some things are worse.

Games: Ryse: I only got to play the Arena mode. Ryse looked great graphically. But, unfortunately.., the gameplay was very, very clunky. There was a lot of input lag as well for some odd reason.The animations were not smooth and the hit detection was pretty laughable. Lot's of buggy animations. There would be times where I would get by the enemy and I was not anywhere near the attack. I guess the hitbox is very wide for some reason. But the overall concept of the game is respectable. The QTE's happen each time you weaken an enemy enough , much like God of War. But you can't fail at them at all. Hopefully the full version of the game is better. One of the MS Employee's said that it was the same build from PAX...

Killer Instinct: Share's the same feel as Street Fighter X Tekken to me. Graphically, it only looks slightly better than current gen. Has nice special effects when executing combos. You can't button mash with every character and win. Trust me, I know :p. Killer Instinct was fun, and it's priced fairly ($40) for the full version. imo. Unfortunately, the game crashed once back to the dashboard during playing. But it wasn;t a big deal.

BF4: Was actually very fun. The only things that hurt the experience was trying to get use to aiming with the new thumbsticks. I couldn't really accurately aim properly for some reason. (And I play shooters all the time). With time (not sure how much), I'm sure most people will be able to get more used to the new sticks. I couldn't get Kinect to work properly with the game, it crapped out several times for some reason. "Please readjust your position". I could tell that it wasn't 1080p native at all. Most of the textures looked "muddy" & stretched for some reason. Could've been an old build. Meh, guess we will find out soon enough.

Dead Rising 3: I've always been a big DR fan, and this is hands down the best one of the series, Gameplay-wise, so far. I literally had the most fun on this game. There were zero story elements within the demo I played. It only showcased the open world, weapon crafting, and hundreds of zombies on the screen. There was absolutely zero lag as well. The graphics actually looked great, and the music & sound effects were fantastic. Microsoft really should be promoting this game more than Ryse imo. Especially since it's Halloween season. Also, Any noise you made around kinect, alerted the zombies.

All in All, it was a good experience, but the only game that really grabbed my attention was DR3. But I don't think one game is worth buying the entire system for. I think the most disappointing thing was the new controller in my opinion. Some of the changes toward it, just seemed like they changed things for the sake of "changing". But, I'm sure eventually you could get used to it. But I expect lot's of backlash at launch.

Again , this is just "my" opinion. If you're in the Atlanta area, I definitely advise going to the tour and trying the system for yourself.

#9 Edited by silversix_ (14072 posts) -

I asked in my bestbuy (canada) if Xbone's tour is coming and all i got is "wtf is X1 tour eh?"

#10 Posted by kitty (114553 posts) -

Yeah I got a chance to play it and I gotta say, I'm very dissapointed. The controller just feels clunky and the triggers are way too thick. I played Killer Instinct and the 720p really put me off from buying the system so I decided to cancel my preorder.

When a person worries or starts to worry about resolution and specs that much, I stop calling them a real gamer. If you can't enjoy games for they offer, why play them? You can't even stay on topic without mentioning the resolution in any topic related to the xbox.

#11 Edited by silversix_ (14072 posts) -

@2ndwonder: every1 been stuck with 720p for eight years... resolution is the last thing you shouldn't care about. I don't know about the rest but im absolutely tired of sniping a fence, bush or other shit thinking its a person because of how blurry 720p is.

#12 Edited by kitty (114553 posts) -

@2ndwonder: every1 been stuck with 720p for eight years... resolution is the last thing you shouldn't care about. I don't know about the rest but im absolutely tired of sniping a fence, bush or other shit thinking its a person because of how blurry 720p is.

I understand how you feel. I was stuck that way for most of that time to. It can be blurry and a jag fest when upscaled to.
I assume when devs go the 720p way, they want the 60 fps option, instead of the 30 at 1080. Not saying that 60 isn't achievable at 1080, but I don't think it will be with every game.

#13 Edited by super600 (30301 posts) -

I asked in my bestbuy (canada) if Xbone's tour is coming and all i got is "wtf is X1 tour eh?"

It's coming to edmonton alberta on october 27th. Sadly I can't go to that event even though I live in edmonton

#14 Posted by Randolph (10468 posts) -

Actually, for the most part, we've had something in the ballpark of 640p upscaled to 720p.

#15 Posted by kingtito (4854 posts) -

Yeah sure you did kid. One of the biggest cows is disappointed with the Xbox.........who could have guessed.

#16 Edited by ManInFlames-77 (291 posts) -

@2ndwonder: Except we SHOULD care about specs. What do you think these games run on? Ice cream?

#17 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

a lot of games this gen early on was still doing 480-640+ few rumours has pretty much blaming the driver support. Sure all that be fixed when games really start poping out