Xbox One Titanfall Bundle $450 at select retailers.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by arkephonic (6679 posts) -

http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/03/21/grab-an-xbox-one-titanfall-bundle-for-450

It's selling for $450 at Target, Best Buy and Walmart. The reason this is significant is because this means Microsoft is desperate to move consoles and retailers are having too many Xbox one consoles sit on the shelves not getting bought. I was in Fred Meyer yesterday and the guy said no one is buying Xbox One, they had a full stock. He said everyone is asking for ps4 which they are sold out of.

This kind of knee jerk reaction only happens when a system is struggling. I'm convinced that microsoft's sales numbers for the one are units shipped and not units sold, because every retailer I go to has a full stock and they're having trouble moving them. Ps4 on the other hand is sold out and customers are asking for them.

This kind of thing happened with the 3ds because of early failure, and it also happened with the Wii u. The Xbox one is basically entering Wii u territory. These kind of price drops with an included game only happen when your stuff simply isn't selling. Why else would they sell at such a significant loss and take the hit? Take the ps4 for example, no bundles to save money, no price drops, everything is full price and not on sale because that's how it works during a launch window UNLESS you're getting your ass kicked and need to take it on the chin to get some sales.

P.s. This bundle doesn't interest me. It wouldn't even for $400. I see the flaws in the system. I don't want Kinect and I'm not paying $400, the same price as ps4, for a significantly weaker system. I'm not that dumb. They need to make Xbox one $350 or $300 before they stand a chance.

#2 Edited by freedomfreak (43477 posts) -

Good price.

#3 Posted by Blabadon (28442 posts) -

I can buy a PS4 for $305 before tax right now. Should I?

#4 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

also on amazon because they price match. use code: XIAMAZON

but x1 is selling fine guys, these price cuts mean NOTHING!!!

#5 Posted by madskills6117 (4035 posts) -

I dont see MS reducing the price to under $400 any time soon unless they stop packaging Kinect with every console. If anything they may reduce it to $449.99 (as the normal price not just on sale at select retailers) or $399.99. IMO the console would sell if it had some worth while games. That $499.99 price may have been more intriguing if the console launched with Halo 5 for example.

#7 Edited by TheTruthIsREAL (806 posts) -

Damn. When your system costs $500 by itself and you sell a bundle (console + Game $560) for $450, that is worrying

#8 Posted by magicalclick (23917 posts) -

Wow, 450 plus TitanFall, now I feel like I overpaid at launch. :o

#9 Edited by Willy105 (24587 posts) -

Still too expensive. When both it and the PS4 are the same price, there is still no reason to pick the Xbox. It's inferior in every way.

#10 Posted by lostrib (42736 posts) -

@Willy105 said:

Still too expensive. When both it and the PS4 are the same price, there is still no reason to pick the Xbox. It's inferior in every way.

it has a better version of Titanfall than the PS4

#11 Posted by ghostwarrior786 (5811 posts) -

@magicalclick said:

m$ have sent out forza download codes for retailers to put inside titanfall bundle so for 450 u get x1+titanfall+forza. but x1 is going well u guys, nothing to worry about

#12 Posted by _Matt_ (9428 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Yes.

Do it.

#13 Posted by SolidGame_basic (19272 posts) -

I was at best buy the other day when some guy was asking for a PS4 (which they had in stock). He then asks about Titanfall and the associate informs him that Titanfall is only for Xbox. The guy still wanted the ps4 lol

#14 Posted by Willy105 (24587 posts) -

@lostrib: Maybe this year.

But what about when the second one comes to PS4 too?

#15 Posted by gago-gago (9864 posts) -

Note, these sales prices are up to the select retailers. They could sell it for much more less if they wanted. These retailers already bought units at the price Microsoft set. These sales just attracts more consumers to their stores. Nice deal though. A friend used his tax money to grab one of these bad boys.

#16 Posted by spicymeatball27 (64 posts) -

Thats a great price along with a free game. Already saw articles by googling it about titanfall selling over 700,000 copies in only a week & vgchartz stating that titanfall sold 580,000 copies in the u.s. alone so the articles are very spot on. I remember when sony were loosing around $300 on every ps3 that came out at $599 lol and dropped the price to $399 in only 8 months. Now i see why sony is firing people left & right. Just checked gamestop website again & checked to see if theres ps4 available & yup still availabe for a week now in every store just by checking the availablity & In Stock.

Good price for X1 & comes with a camera which everyone on ps4 seems to use to watch themselves masturbate & creepy old men on ps4 watching ewww on there ps4 lol.

#17 Posted by lostrib (42736 posts) -

@Willy105 said:

Who cares? X1 has the better multiplat

#18 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (1132 posts) -

Boy, they really can't give these things away.

@lostrib said:

@Willy105 said:

For one game. PS4 has more.

#19 Edited by foxhound_fox (90815 posts) -

Would but if I had lots of disposable income.

#20 Posted by silversix_ (16149 posts) -

Bought infamous ss from my local ebgames and there was a mountain of X1 while not a single ps4 was available, no one wants this pos, the price will be well under ps4's in no time

#21 Posted by finalstar2007 (25983 posts) -

Wow guess its selling THAT bad huh? seeing how these retailers are willing to lose money on the the bundles and cut the price just so they can get rid of them show how poorly the console and the bundle is selling.

#22 Posted by SpideR_CentS (4764 posts) -

"The Xbox one is basically entering Wii u territory." What a joke. Xbone is still selling, I would imagine they are trying (M$) are trying to sell as many as they can to taught the numbers at E3. I wouldn't think this is something retailers are doing on their own, but I could be completely wrong. Also a temp price cut doesn't leave early adopters as but hurt as if it was a normal permanent price cut.

Being that it's the pricier console, I think the Xbone will have the first price cut. Just like the PS3 did last gen. Most of last gen those consoles were the same price, even though the PS3 started $200 more. Both consoles sold well last gen and the new ones are selling well today. To put the Xbone in Wii U territory is just clown shoes.

#23 Posted by Jankarcop (10775 posts) -

This game is way better on PC, even w/ a $150 gfx card

#24 Posted by lostrib (42736 posts) -

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@lostrib said:

@Willy105 said:

dat damage control

#25 Posted by SpideR_CentS (4764 posts) -

@silversix_ said:

Bought infamous ss from my local ebgames and there was a mountain of X1 while not a single ps4 was available, no one wants this pos, the price will be well under ps4's in no time

Well, your one Gamestop store is clearly representative of the entire country or world so that's very informative. Very large sample size to prove your point, it's a totally valid argument. I walked into a Gamestop in my area yesterday and picked up a PS4. Sure they aren't around like the Xbone yet, but I could get a PS4 right now. All these stores are instock for the PS4 at Gamestop. One of them is low stock. Just saying.

5.3 miles away
Colonie Center
415 Colonie Ctr
Albany, NY 12205
(518) 489-8535
Open Mon-Sat 10am-9:30pm Sun 11am-6pmWhat is this?
5.4 miles away
Northway Mall
1440 Central Ave
Albany, NY 12205
(518) 453-0871
Open Mon-Sat 10am-9pm Sun 11am-6pmWhat is this?
5.7 miles away
Crossgates Mall
1 Crossgates Mall Road
Space C-202
Albany, NY 12203
(518) 456-7135
Open Mon-Sat 10am-9:30pm Sun 11am-6pmWhat is this?
7.2 miles away
Latham Farms
579 Troy Schenectady Rd
Ste 226
Latham, NY 12110
(518) 785-3305
Open Mon-Sat 10am-9pm Sun 10am-6pmWhat is this?
8.7 miles away
Wm Plaza Brunswick
740 Hoosick Rd
Spc #A-1B
Troy, NY 12180
(518) 271-1629
11.3 miles away
Mohawk Commons
412B Balltown Rd
Schenectady, NY 12304
(518) 393-4186
14.7 miles away
The Crossing
54 Crossing Boulevard
Suite N
Clifton Park, NY 12065
(518) 383-7492
14.7 miles away
Clifton Park Center
22 Clifton Country Rd
Ste 33
Clifton Park, NY 12065
(518) 371-0205
Open Mon-Sat 10am-9pm Sun 11am-5pm
#26 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6256 posts) -

System seller.

#28 Edited by UnbiasedPoster (1132 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@lostrib said:

@Willy105 said:

dat damage control

Diablo 3 is the reason I bought a PS4. <--- said no one ever.

Same logic. You're wrong again.

#29 Posted by lostrib (42736 posts) -

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@lostrib said:

@UnbiasedPoster said:

@lostrib said:

@Willy105 said:

dat damage control

Diablo 3 is the reason I bought a PS4. <--- said no one ever.

Same logic. You're wrong again.

Yes, because someone saying "X1 has a better version of Titanfall than PS4" should really be taken seriously.

*eye roll*

#30 Posted by Animal-Mother (27137 posts) -

So tempting. I'm trying to hold out for the white one....

#31 Posted by chikenfriedrice (11018 posts) -

Sony was so desperate to price their console at $400.00.....dat desperation from the jump

#32 Posted by arkephonic (6679 posts) -

@finalstar2007:

Exactly. It's bad any way you slice it. This is why I'm convinced that sales numbers are units shipped and not units sold. Everywhere I go, xb1 is piled high to the sky without a ps4 in sight. If this is microsoft's decision, it's because the system is selling poorly. If it's the retailer's decision, it's even worse because that means they are willing to lose money just to get them off the shelves. They're essentially putting a 4 month old system on clearance. People can deny this is like Wii U all they want, but these kinda of price drops only 4 months in are reaching Wii U territory. Let's not forget that xb1 is still way behind Wii u in sales and ps4 passed Wii u sales a long time ago.

Or what about the early xb1 adopters? I'm sure the people who paid top dollar for xb1 recently are pretty pissed, another reason why you only cut the price this much if you're in serious trouble. You don't wanna piss off early adopters. Just look at ps4, no price drops, no need for one, it's selling like hot cakes.

Any way you slice it, xb1 is in bad shape.

#33 Posted by arkephonic (6679 posts) -

@UnbiasedPoster:

Same thing could be said for injustice ultimate edition which is on ps4 but not on Xbox one.

#34 Edited by Willy105 (24587 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@Willy105 said:

No it doesn't. Not for one single game that I am aware of. It doesn't even have the best version of Titanfall.

#35 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6256 posts) -

So how long before the inevitable landfill scenario plays out?

#36 Posted by lostrib (42736 posts) -

@Willy105 said:

@lostrib said:

@Willy105 said:

No it doesn't. Not for one single game that I am aware of. It doesn't even have the best version of Titanfall.

X1 has the better version of Titanfall compared to the PS4

#37 Posted by Willy105 (24587 posts) -

@lostrib: The Xbox One will always lose in a fight against the PS4, so pretending that the world is only PS4 vs Xbone is only bad for the Xbone. If you were going to buy Titanfall today, the Xbox One version is the worst one to get (at least until the 360 version comes out, and who knows, it might be good).

#38 Posted by Blabadon (28442 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@Blabadon said:

Yes.

Do it.

I dunno Matt. I feel that buying the console that cheap is a sign of desperation from Sony.

#39 Posted by lostrib (42736 posts) -

@Willy105 said:

@lostrib: The Xbox One will always lose in a fight against the PS4, so pretending that the world is only PS4 vs Xbone is only bad for the Xbone. If you were going to buy Titanfall today, the Xbox One version is the worst one to get (at least until the 360 version comes out, and who knows, it might be good).

The PS4 version is worse

#40 Posted by hehe101 (637 posts) -

@finalstar2007 said:

Wow guess its selling THAT bad huh? seeing how these retailers are willing to lose money on the the bundles and cut the price just so they can get rid of them show how poorly the console and the bundle is selling.

I don't think it's to get rid of them as they're selling just fine.. More like to gain more profit...

#41 Posted by arkephonic (6679 posts) -

@hehe101:

Lol, you have no idea how business works. Why don't car dealerships sell all their cars for $100? They'd sell out in a day, imagine the profits!!

#43 Edited by LanceX2 (312 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@magicalclick said:

m$ have sent out forza download codes for retailers to put inside titanfall bundle so for 450 u get x1+titanfall+forza. but x1 is going well u guys, nothing to worry about

ghost....sigh. you people are desperate. GS is a fucking plague now

#44 Posted by hehe101 (637 posts) -

@arkephonic:

I think you'll find I do, Microsoft are gaining profit from this not losing.

#45 Edited by arkephonic (6679 posts) -

@hehe101:

They're making more money from selling them for $450 instead of $560? Herp derp.

#46 Posted by hehe101 (637 posts) -

@arkephonic said:

@hehe101:

They're making more money from selling them for $450 instead of $560? Herp derp.

Of cause they are, judging by how well the 360 still sells compared to PS3, they can afford a price cut and to ship more of Xbox one consoles. They're still making more than enough to stay side by side with Sony.

#47 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6256 posts) -

@hehe101 said:

@finalstar2007 said:

I don't think it's to get rid of them as they're selling just fine.. More like to gain more profit...

How the hell do you gain more profit hacking $50 off the price tag without cutting production costs?

@Willy105 said:

I like your avatar.

#48 Posted by blackace (21405 posts) -

@arkephonic: Microsoft didn't lower the price, the retailers did. So no, Microsoft isn't desperate for anything.

PS4 isn't sold out. --> http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/

Amazon has had stock for 10 straight days already.

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-Console/dp/B00BGA9WK2/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1395511220&sr=1-1&keywords=ps4+console

Maybe in Europe they are still sold out.

They seem to be still available in UK's Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PS4-PlayStation-4/dp/B00BE4HOIM/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1395511329&sr=1-1&keywords=ps4+console

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PS4-PlayStation-4/dp/B00BE4HOIM/ref=sr_tr_sr_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1395511329&sr=1-1&keywords=ps4+console

No one cares if you are buying a XB1 or not. Millions will still buy it no matter what you biased trolls think. It still has great games and a great online service. Kinect will get more games in the future. Meantime PS fanboys are running out and spending $70 on PS4 Camera. lol!! I thought a camera wasn't need for the PS4? They don't want Kinect box with a system, yet they'll spend an addition $70 for a camera? Bunch of hypocritical clowns. Kinect supports more on the XB1 then Sony's PS4 Camera.

#49 Posted by arkephonic (6679 posts) -

@hehe101:

Hahaha oh man you are dumb.

#50 Posted by hehe101 (637 posts) -

@arkephonic said:

@hehe101:

Hahaha oh man you are dumb.

Not really i'm just not a fanboy and can see outside your box