Xbox One sells one million worldwide

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by sammyjenkis898 (27934 posts) -

According to Geoff Keighley, that is.

Apologies if this has been posted.

#2 Posted by Giancar (19030 posts) -

#SDC

#3 Edited by treedoor (7478 posts) -

Not as cool as 1 billion consoles sold.

#4 Posted by Truth_Hurts_U (9051 posts) -

Only 1 mill world wide? lol

#5 Posted by Carbon_Le (185 posts) -

Worldwide? Ha! Sony 1 million alone in America on day 1. #SDC too easy.

#6 Edited by lawlessx (46236 posts) -

OMG! one million sold in only 24 hours! thats just groundbreaking! XBOX FTW.

...yup..thats what system wars looked like last week

#7 Posted by hoosier7 (3658 posts) -

Good for the Xbox but shows how well the PS4 has done given it managed that in the US alone. Question is whether there isn't the same interest in the X1 or if they've got a worse supply.

#8 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

LOL the ps4 sold that in north america alone.

#9 Edited by heretrix (37244 posts) -

Looks like somebody wants it.

#10 Posted by Giancar (19030 posts) -

Now seriously those are good numbers. The only faction that should panic is the Nintendo one.

Cause the PS4 and Bone will sell really good.

#11 Edited by AppleFan1991 (3021 posts) -

I'm curious about how many it sold in the US alone

#12 Posted by gago-gago (9110 posts) -

Remember cows always saying NA=/=Worldwide, they'll likely say that again in a few months.

#13 Posted by aroxx_ab (9120 posts) -

That is nice, but it will be more interesting to see sales numbers in about 6months if they can keep that up...

#14 Edited by Truth_Hurts_U (9051 posts) -

@WadeFan:

Maybe someone will release the NPD numbers.

#15 Edited by Telekill (4197 posts) -

Looks like we have another tight competition for the new gen. Congrats to both Sony and Microsoft for great launch numbers.

#16 Posted by Giancar (19030 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

I'm curious about how many it sold in the US alone

Wait for NPD. I think it can reach the second most successful launch ever, which is really good.

#17 Posted by Zophar87 (4332 posts) -

I really want to know how many were sold in just NA.

#18 Posted by Desmonic (12638 posts) -

Great numbers! Glad the X1 is doing well! Though, knowing the PS4 hit the same mark in one region alone makes this sound a bit less impressive. Great numbers either way, congrats MS! :)

#19 Edited by Heil68 (42557 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Still good numbers for a launch though. Wonder how many PS4 consoles will sell in EU next week.

#20 Posted by MajesticShea (695 posts) -

Compared to the PS4 that's pathetic. So what the PS4 sells in 2 country's the Xbox does in 13?

The Xbox One is shaping up to be a colossal failure.

#21 Posted by _Matt_ (8746 posts) -

@Zophar87 said:

I really want to know how many were sold in just NA.

Me too, would make for an interesting comparison. A good chunk of the Xbox One's million was likely from the UK.

#22 Posted by Desmonic (12638 posts) -

Remember cows always saying NA=/=Worldwide, they'll likely say that again in a few months.

Pretty sure that Sony consoles traditonally sell better in Europe/Asia (compared to MS's) and pretty sure the PS4 was the one that sold 1 million on NA alone :P

This first NPD thread (which should be around the 15th of the next month..? I never know..) will be really fun :P Cows and lems will gun each other down lol Shame the forum is kinda dead right now... a year earlier and this launch period would be glorious here on SW!

#23 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@Sweenix said:

Still good numbers for a launch though. Wonder how many PS4 consoles will sell in EU next week.

Ofcourse it's good, imagine if they kept drm and banning used games.. would have been 300k :/

Anyways, Europe should sell another 1m+ Considering it's sony's strongest area, no reason why they cant match north america.

#24 Edited by stereointegrity (10670 posts) -

ill wait for something more official then this....

#25 Posted by chocolate1325 (32368 posts) -

Nintendo should be very worried the PS4 hasn't hit Europe or Japan yet and the XBoxone has sold very well in its first day but Sony should still be way ahead of the competition come the end of 2014.

#26 Posted by AppleFan1991 (3021 posts) -

@Giancar: which then puts the whole "gaming is dead" thing to rest when the 2 best console launches ever just happened

#27 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

Sold through? So well over a million?

#28 Edited by the9thinning (921 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Great numbers! Glad the X1 is doing well! Though, knowing the PS4 hit the same mark in one region alone makes this sound a bit less impressive. Great numbers either way, congrats MS! :)

Stop being so positive.

#29 Posted by Sweenix (5395 posts) -

Microsoft confirmed it...

#30 Posted by Desmonic (12638 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Stop being so positive.

Nope! :)

#31 Edited by Giancar (19030 posts) -

@WadeFan said:

@Giancar: which then puts the whole "gaming is dead" thing to rest when the 2 best console launches ever just happened

Only smartphones/tablet fanboys said that. And maybe a couple of sheep.

But the only thing this show us, is how hungry the gamers are for a new tech.

#32 Posted by Carbon_Le (185 posts) -

Sony will hit twice that next week alone. Lol. #SDC

#33 Edited by I_can_haz (6448 posts) -

Nice numbers but still....#SDC. Sony sold that amount in two countries alone while M$ had to add 13 countries to equal Sony. :D Next week's Sony Euro launch should be interesting. I also can't wait to see November NPD numbers, should be the most epic ever.

Shows that WiiU is in serious trouble though and all the people that tried to say console gaming was dead because WiiU was flopping were full of shit.

#34 Posted by XboxFails (81 posts) -

So around 300k in NA.

SONY will take this gen easily.

#35 Posted by TREAL_Since (11946 posts) -

Nice. Did anybody truly expect them to sell less? Sheesh, some folks are a trip. The Xbox is a big brand name now and their advertising is amazing.

#37 Posted by Desmonic (12638 posts) -

From what I gather sold through means units sold to actual consumers versus sold to retailer.

#38 Posted by the9thinning (921 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@the9thinning said:

@Desmonic said:

Stop being so positive.

Nope! :)

i hate u

#39 Posted by xhawk27 (7074 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@Trail_Mix said:

From what I gather sold through means units sold to actual consumers versus sold to retailer.

MS has sold over 2 million to retailers by now.

#40 Edited by tonitorsi (8112 posts) -

Godny just sold that in 1 region tho

#OhMyGodnyOfLatterDaySaints

#41 Edited by emgesp (2013 posts) -

PS4 = Over 1 million sold in just NA so far.

Xbone = 1 million worldwide sales.

I'm impressed with the sales for both consoles, but clearly the PS4 is going to dominate once it is released globally.

#42 Edited by I_can_haz (6448 posts) -

@TREAL_Since said:

Nice. Did anybody truly expect them to sell less? Sheesh, some folks are a trip. The Xbox is a big brand name now and their advertising is amazing.

It's worldwide though compared to Sony's NA only 1 million sales. Still impressive but Sony is going to dominate once they release worldwide next week :P.

#43 Posted by edwardecl (1756 posts) -

I honestly expected Microsoft to drop at least 1.5 million consoles worldwide on launch and at least match Sony in in North America. If MS lose NA then they are so screwed because Europe is certainly not going to be a big winner, and they can forget Japan.

If this continues there a strong possibility there is going to be a 2:1 - 3:1 ratio, which means Microsoft is going to find it a hard job getting exclusives. Just look how bad multiplats were on the PS3 when all the devs could not be arsed because they thought it had a small install base and were making excuses and saying Xbox is the lead platform, expect crappy ports if PS4 becomes the lead platform and not just in a lower res.

#44 Edited by Shewgenja (7912 posts) -

My guess is, they wanted to spare themselves the embarassment of having units on shelves in the US at launch. Would have been bad PR.

#45 Edited by Desmonic (12638 posts) -

i hate u

Glad I could help! :)

@xhawk27 said:

MS has sold over 2 million to retailers by now.

Likewise so has Sony, but alas we don't have access to those sort of numbers.

Either way we're off to a fantastic start for these consoles in terms of sales! :D

#46 Edited by tonitorsi (8112 posts) -

@edwardecl said:

I honestly expected Microsoft to drop at least 1.5 million consoles worldwide on launch and at least match Sony in in North America. If MS lose NA then they are so screwed because Europe is certainly not going to be a big winner, and they can forget Japan.

If this continues there a strong possibility there is going to be a 2:1 - 3:1 ratio, which means Microsoft is going to find it a hard job getting exclusives. Just look how bad multiplats were on the PS3 when all the devs could not be arsed because they thought it had a small install base and were making excuses and saying Xbox is the lead platform, expect crappy ports if PS4 becomes the lead platform and not just in a lower res.

Sony dominating is a matter of when, not "if"

#47 Posted by xhawk27 (7074 posts) -

@TREAL_Since said:

It's worldwide though compared to Sony's one region 1 million. Still impressive but Sony is going to dominate once they release worldwide next week :P.

You mean a console that has a lower price and is going be sold in more countries is going to outsell a higher priced console in less countries! Thanks Captain Obvious! :P

#48 Posted by ankor77 (932 posts) -

It hasnt been 24 hours yet in NA so give them time. Also as long as they come close to selling out it doesnt really matter. Maybe sony produced more.

#49 Edited by I_can_haz (6448 posts) -

@xhawk27 said:

@I_can_haz said:

@TREAL_Since said:

It's worldwide though compared to Sony's one region 1 million. Still impressive but Sony is going to dominate once they release worldwide next week :P.

You mean a console that has a lower price and is going be sold in more countries is going to outsell a higher priced console in less countries! Thanks Captain Obvious! :P

Cry moar dude. Your butthurt level is astronomical. What happened to the claim by lems that MS would dominate the US, eh?

#50 Posted by stereointegrity (10670 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

@stereointegrity said:

Microsoft confirmed it...

link me sween