Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#201  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:

So $499 is a given..

I still don't think Ryzen will be in unless in Jaguar like form since Ryzen 8 core the cheapest is $249 and is 93 watts far over what the Jaguar uses now on xbox one,but if they pull it off i say $500 is probably the price.

Your "Ryzen will be in unless in Jaguar like form" assertion is bullshit. Cut-down RYZEN will NOT be like Jaguar.

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia:

Ryzen 8 cores is 93 watts good look fitting that with a 6tf gpu on a single apu without melting the unit.

Again if the cpu is ryzen based it will be a water down form like the jaguar but obviously more efficient.

Your "cpu is ryzen based it will be a water down form like the jaguar" assertion is bullshit.

RYZEN's quad instruction issue per cycle feature is NOT about being "efficient" i.e. this feature is about doing more than the previous AMD CPU designs.

RYZEN has both brute force and efficient NOT just being efficient. RYZEN's 2X the functional units (except for store unit) over Jaguar about brute force i.e. "more of everything approach".

Try again clown.

Indeed , but what's also important here is that microsoft is much better at building consoles in general. The xboxone is not only more durable (they did a test with it once where they dropped it from a crane and increased the height a little with every drop, the xboxone survived a lot longer), it's also much better at cooling, look at the xboxone they managed to overclock the cpu easily while the ps4 couldn't (and we all know they could have used it).

Even if the cpu is running at 93 watts, the cooling won't be a problem, the electricity bill might. But we all know that won't happen, it would make the scorpio too expensive, so it will defenitely be a lower clocked/cut down version. Rysen is made to compete with the top tier intels and the jaguar is nowhere near that. Even if rysen will run at half the clock speed, pretty much halving the power enveloppe as well, it will still blow jaguar out of the water.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#202  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@commander said:
@ronvalencia said:
@tormentos said:

So $499 is a given..

I still don't think Ryzen will be in unless in Jaguar like form since Ryzen 8 core the cheapest is $249 and is 93 watts far over what the Jaguar uses now on xbox one,but if they pull it off i say $500 is probably the price.

Your "Ryzen will be in unless in Jaguar like form" assertion is bullshit. Cut-down RYZEN will NOT be like Jaguar.

@tormentos said:

@ronvalencia:

Ryzen 8 cores is 93 watts good look fitting that with a 6tf gpu on a single apu without melting the unit.

Again if the cpu is ryzen based it will be a water down form like the jaguar but obviously more efficient.

Your "cpu is ryzen based it will be a water down form like the jaguar" assertion is bullshit.

RYZEN's quad instruction issue per cycle feature is NOT about being "efficient" i.e. this feature is about doing more than the previous AMD CPU designs.

RYZEN has both brute force and efficient NOT just being efficient. RYZEN's 2X the functional units (except for store unit) over Jaguar about brute force i.e. "more of everything approach".

Try again clown.

Indeed , but what's also important here is that microsoft is much better at building consoles in general. The xboxone is not only more durable (they did a test with it once where they dropped it from a crane and increased the height a little with every drop, the xboxone survived a lot longer), it's also much better at cooling, look at the xboxone they managed to overclock the cpu easily while the ps4 couldn't (and we all know they could have used it).

Even if the cpu is running at 93 watts, the cooling won't be a problem, the electricity bill might. But we all know that won't happen, rysen is made to compete with the top tier intels and the jaguar is nowhere near that. Even if rysen will run at half the clock speed, pretty much halving the power enveloppe as well, it will still blow jaguar out of the water.

Raven Ridge's quad-core RYZEN doesn't consume 93 watts. I expect IGP part of Raven Ridge's 35 watts TDP gets exchange with another quad core RYZEN set.

The alternative with Bristol Ridge's Excavator...

http://www.anandtech.com/show/10705/amd-7th-gen-bristol-ridge-and-am4-analysis-a12-9800-b350-a320-chipset

There's a 3.8 Ghz base clock 4 thread Excavator with 65 watts which includes 8 CU IGP i.e. 65 watts 8 thread Excavator at 3.8 Ghz without IGP would be fine for +R9-390X OC class GPU. FinFET version would have reduced it's power consumption.

Anandtech link shows AM4 motherboard for RYZEN.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By commander

@ronvalencia said:
@commander said:

Even if the cpu is running at 93 watts, the cooling won't be a problem, the electricity bill might. But we all know that won't happen, rysen is made to compete with the top tier intels and the jaguar is nowhere near that. Even if rysen will run at half the clock speed, pretty much halving the power enveloppe as well, it will still blow jaguar out of the water.

Raven Ridge's quad-core RYZEN doesn't consume 93 watts. I expect IGP part of Raven Ridge's 35 watts TDP gets exchange with another quad core RYZEN set.

so 60 watts then, and gpu 150 watts as well, that means 200 watts plus for the scorpio, that's ok I guess for a enthousiast console.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204  Edited By ronvalencia

@commander said:
@ronvalencia said:
@commander said:

so 60 watts then, and gpu 150 watts as well, that means 200 watts plus for the scorpio, that's ok I guess for a enthousiast console.

65 watts was with 28 nm mature process tech. 14/16nm FinFET version would have reduce the power consumption e.g. 30-to-40 watts.

8 thread Excavator at 3.8 Ghz with FinFET and 35 watts would be OK for +R9-390X OC GPU.

Vega 10 has 225 watts hence the half version Vega 11 would have ~112 watts. When combined, 152 watts is similar to the original PS4.

AMD Excavator supports Intel Haswell's instruction set.

The problem is AMD's "New Horizon" which is mostly about RYZEN being associated with Xbox Project Scorpio.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 commander

@ronvalencia said:
@commander said:

65 watts was with 28 nm mature process tech. 14/16nm FinFET version would have reduce the power consumption e.g. 30-to-40 watts.

8 thread Excavator at 3.8 Ghz with FinFET and 35 watts would be OK for +R9-390X OC GPU.

Vega 10 has 225 watts hence the half version Vega 11 would have ~112 watts. When combined, 152 watts is similar to the original PS4.

The problem is AMD's "New Horizon" which is mostly about RYZEN being associated with Xbox Project Scorpio.

What do you mean with 'problem'?

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206  Edited By ronvalencia

@commander said:
@ronvalencia said:
@commander said:

What do you mean with 'problem'?

My statement on Excavator as a candidate CPU IP is less likely with AMD's CES 2017 display.

Two laptop clocked Raven Ridge quad core RYZEN modules + Vega 11 ~= Scorpio. Single APU chip reduces the manufacturing and assembly cost. Scorpio's VEGA wouldn't have semi-custom ESRAM add-on like on XBO/XBO S.

Scorpio's APU could be offered to Apple or any other all-in-one PC OEM vendors.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#207 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

LOL, you call a Computer Engineer having shitty arguments? You get your info from fanboy blogs!

He is a MS fanboy which is what he is,i am talking about ryzen and he brings his i7...hahahahaa

Yeah because scorpio will have an i7....

He is arguing alone since i never claimed that the ryzen CPU in scorpio would perform worse than a jaguar,all the contrary i say it would be more efficient and he continues to imply that i am saying other wise..hahahaha

And you well you are a butthurt lemming..hahahahaa.

@ronvalencia said:

F.uck you.

Try again clown.

No is not bullshit unless you have a LINK stating that the 8 core ryzen use on Scorpio will be the PC version AMD has being demoing which is fui**ng 93 watts and cost $249 dollars or more alone.

YOU MORON if Ryzen does quad instructions and the jaguar doesn't Ryzen is fu**Ing more efficient what the fu** man see you are arguing alone,because Ryzen even in water down form would be more efficient than Jaguar and not once i have stated other wise,it is you who is invested in trying to claim that a full Ryzen CPU will be inside scorpio, a laptop version of Ryzen would not be equivalent to a full PC part which mean yeah that it is water down.

Again time to bookmark this shitty thread so when MS announce the version of ryzen in scorpio you get quoted and make fun of.

You are arguing something that no one is making you a total moron.

You are so invested in proving scorpio is this super powerful console that you are arguing shit no one is.

@ronvalencia said:
th NVIDIA Maxwell/Pascal like tiling binning raster feature.

Vega also focused on geometry improvements over Polaris 10.

Part of AMD's road map improvements comes from NVIDIA's Maxwell/Pascal GPU improvements.

Improvements from Vega goes beyond RX-480 and R9-390X i.e. Vega 11 is replacement over Polaris 10.

Vega 11 seems to be AMD's Geforce GTX 1070 counterpart.

Are you still selling 320GB/s just for GPU or have you come to your senses and see that 320GB/s is shared with the CPU.? Hahahaha

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By ronvalencia

##@tormentos said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

LOL, you call a Computer Engineer having shitty arguments? You get your info from fanboy blogs!

He is a MS fanboy which is what he is,i am talking about ryzen and he brings his i7...hahahahaa

Yeah because scorpio will have an i7....

He is arguing alone since i never claimed that the ryzen CPU in scorpio would perform worse than a jaguar,all the contrary i say it would be more efficient and he continues to imply that i am saying other wise..hahahaha

And you well you are a butthurt lemming..hahahahaa.

@ronvalencia said:

F.uck you.

Try again clown.

No is not bullshit unless you have a LINK stating that the 8 core ryzen use on Scorpio will be the PC version AMD has being demoing which is fui**ng 93 watts and cost $249 dollars or more alone.

YOU MORON if Ryzen does quad instructions and the jaguar doesn't Ryzen is fu**Ing more efficient what the fu** man see you are arguing alone,because Ryzen even in water down form would be more efficient than Jaguar and not once i have stated other wise,it is you who is invested in trying to claim that a full Ryzen CPU will be inside scorpio, a laptop version of Ryzen would not be equivalent to a full PC part which mean yeah that it is water down.

Again time to bookmark this shitty thread so when MS announce the version of ryzen in scorpio you get quoted and make fun of.

You are arguing something that no one is making you a total moron.

You are so invested in proving scorpio is this super powerful console that you are arguing shit no one is.

@ronvalencia said:
th NVIDIA Maxwell/Pascal like tiling binning raster feature.

Vega also focused on geometry improvements over Polaris 10.

Part of AMD's road map improvements comes from NVIDIA's Maxwell/Pascal GPU improvements.

Improvements from Vega goes beyond RX-480 and R9-390X i.e. Vega 11 is replacement over Polaris 10.

Vega 11 seems to be AMD's Geforce GTX 1070 counterpart.

Are you still selling 320GB/s just for GPU or have you come to your senses and see that 320GB/s is shared with the CPU.? Hahahaha

1. Discrete R7-265 ~= PS4. Stop being a hypocrite.

2. Fusion links. Stop being a hypocrite.

3. Vega's tiling+binning+cache raster improvements reduces external memory bandwidth usage.

4. Doing more with less hardware = more efficient. Throwing more functional units at the problem is the brute force approach. RYZEN is mostly "throwing more functional units at the problem = the brute force approach".

At 28 nm, RYZEN CPU core chip area size would be around 6 to 8 mm^2 while Jaguar is only 3.1 mm^2.

RYZEN CPU is a big core CPU relative to Jaguar.

I gave Scorpio two options and these are Bristol Ridge's Excavator and Raven Ridge's RYZEN.

Eat it.

AMD Athlon X4 845 (Bristol Ridge, 65 watts with IGP, 28 nm process tech) runs Alien Isolation greater than 60 fps i.e. 103 fps.

5. http://en.yibada.com/articles/182451/20161231/amd-ryzen-amd-ryzen-price-specs-ryzen-processor-amd-cpu.htm

RYZEN SR3 (quad/8 threads) with desktop clock speed starts around $149. SR3 is just 8 cores chip with 4 cores disabled.

SR7 $249 refers to +3 Ghz variant and ~93 watts. Scorpio's CPU has to be around 30 to 50 watt TDP budget hence it's laptop clock speed.

Try again clown.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#209  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

I'm not sure if this is helpful to the thread but I'll leave this here.

http://wccftech.com/amd-confirms-ryzen-cpus-unlocked-overclocking/

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

if it does use both...get your wallets ready people

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#211 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Oh god, cows running away already.

That would be indeed a beast of a machine, can't wait, day one.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By ronvalencia

@GameboyTroy said:

I'm not sure if this is helpful to the thread but I'll leave this here.

http://wccftech.com/amd-confirms-ryzen-cpus-unlocked-overclocking/

It's unlikely Scorpio's Raven Ridge type RYZEN has desktop RYZEN's overclock head room and high clock speeds.

>8 to 16 core RYZEN Opteron workstations would be AMD's ~+$1000 CPUs.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#214 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Getting Scorpio day one, price is no object. Give me all the games and powa!

leandrro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#215 leandrro
Member since 2007 • 1644 Posts

https://www.lowyat.net/2016/121774/amds-8-core-ryzen-processor-benchmark-performance-leaked/

zen CPU consumes 93W and is beaten by an i5-6600, no way M$ will put a 93 watt CPU on a home console, more likelly will be around 40-50 W tops, so we are looking at a very underpowered CPU, again

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#216 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

Here's a fresh article about the Vega 10 gpu.

http://wccftech.com/amd-confirms-vega-10-doom-4k60fps-vulkan-demo-outperform-gtx-1080-opengl/

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@blueinheaven said:
@Xabiss said:
@blueinheaven said:
@Xabiss said:

@blueinheaven: I keep saying it because in your original damn post you said the Xbox One S could not upscale when it can. What is so damn hard for you to understand. You where giving out wrong information and I corrected you, deal with it. You where WRONG!

Again quit being a fanboy for 10 damn seconds and be a gamer. Be a lover for all systems because every console has its benefits. Just going around giving false information about a system when you are a fucking fanboy of other another is just fucking sad.

Okay it can upscale you are right I was trying to explain the important thing is it does not CONVERT to 4K and does not upgrade anything in any way despite the MS marketing blurb which you yourself swallowed quite happily. Therefore it is no improvement over the Xbox One unless you want it for HDR OR want a UHD bluray player.

You are the desperate fanboy here kiddo, desperately trying to convince yourself the Xbox One S does something it does not. I am trying to set you straight so you don't make a fool of yourself repeatedly. I'm not having much luck with that to be fair.

I am the farthest thing from being a fanboy. I am a lover over all consoles and platforms. See I look at systems and the benefits of all systems from hardware to the software. You have a real hatred for the Xbox One so you go around giving false information about the system to make it look bad. If a Lem on this forum was giving out false information about the PS4 I would lay into them to!

If you think the upscaler in the Xbox One S is trash that is your opinion. I have a funny feeling you have never even owned an Xbox One S and even tested the scalers out and compared the Xbox One S scaler to your TV scaler. Have you ever done this? I would bet money you never have!

I haven't bought an Xbox One S, no. I was going to for the UHD player and I still might if I see one cheap but otherwise I don't need it. I don't 'hate' the Xbox One though I was bit pissed off that I bought one and they dumped all the exclusives on PC. I have a PC so now have access to much better versions of anything that will ever come out on Xbox One.

I spent a lot of money on a TV and read tons of reviews before buying so I know the upscaler in this Samsung is 'best in class' it was a big deal for me as I knew most of the content I would be watching would still be 1080p (I have a lot of blurays).

My point of contention with you is you don't read between the lines of the MS marketing spiel. The Xbox One S is NOT a 4K gaming system, it barely does 1080p properly as it is basically an Xbox One no matter how you swing it.

Please stop posting, everything you say is wrong.

XB1 NEVER proclaimed itself a 4k gaming machine, they advertised 4k due to it's UHD potential.

Also, the PS4PRO is NOT a true 4k gaming machine that can do native, just stop posting dude.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218  Edited By ronvalencia

@leandrro said:

https://www.lowyat.net/2016/121774/amds-8-core-ryzen-processor-benchmark-performance-leaked/

zen CPU consumes 93W and is beaten by an i5-6600, no way M$ will put a 93 watt CPU on a home console, more likelly will be around 40-50 W tops, so we are looking at a very underpowered CPU, again

For DX11 PC games, high turbo clock speed is important and early engineering samples doesn't have high turbo clock speeds.

The test was done with, Far Cry 4, GRID: AutoSport, Battlefield 4, Arma III, X3:TC, The Witcher 3 : Wild hunt, Anno 2070

mjebb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219 mjebb
Member since 2016 • 86 Posts

With expectations so massively hyped up .... what if it is not as good as people make it out to be ? The 299 dollar Ryzen super console with SSD storage and UHD bluray?

Will there be a drastic increase in the number of suicides ?

samfisher56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220 samfisher56
Member since 2005 • 772 Posts

Lol Flopio will have no games and people still think it will be successful. ROFL.

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
Member since 2015 • 916 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@blueinheaven said:
@Xabiss said:
@blueinheaven said:
@Xabiss said:

@blueinheaven: I keep saying it because in your original damn post you said the Xbox One S could not upscale when it can. What is so damn hard for you to understand. You where giving out wrong information and I corrected you, deal with it. You where WRONG!

Again quit being a fanboy for 10 damn seconds and be a gamer. Be a lover for all systems because every console has its benefits. Just going around giving false information about a system when you are a fucking fanboy of other another is just fucking sad.

Okay it can upscale you are right I was trying to explain the important thing is it does not CONVERT to 4K and does not upgrade anything in any way despite the MS marketing blurb which you yourself swallowed quite happily. Therefore it is no improvement over the Xbox One unless you want it for HDR OR want a UHD bluray player.

You are the desperate fanboy here kiddo, desperately trying to convince yourself the Xbox One S does something it does not. I am trying to set you straight so you don't make a fool of yourself repeatedly. I'm not having much luck with that to be fair.

I am the farthest thing from being a fanboy. I am a lover over all consoles and platforms. See I look at systems and the benefits of all systems from hardware to the software. You have a real hatred for the Xbox One so you go around giving false information about the system to make it look bad. If a Lem on this forum was giving out false information about the PS4 I would lay into them to!

If you think the upscaler in the Xbox One S is trash that is your opinion. I have a funny feeling you have never even owned an Xbox One S and even tested the scalers out and compared the Xbox One S scaler to your TV scaler. Have you ever done this? I would bet money you never have!

I haven't bought an Xbox One S, no. I was going to for the UHD player and I still might if I see one cheap but otherwise I don't need it. I don't 'hate' the Xbox One though I was bit pissed off that I bought one and they dumped all the exclusives on PC. I have a PC so now have access to much better versions of anything that will ever come out on Xbox One.

I spent a lot of money on a TV and read tons of reviews before buying so I know the upscaler in this Samsung is 'best in class' it was a big deal for me as I knew most of the content I would be watching would still be 1080p (I have a lot of blurays).

My point of contention with you is you don't read between the lines of the MS marketing spiel. The Xbox One S is NOT a 4K gaming system, it barely does 1080p properly as it is basically an Xbox One no matter how you swing it.

XB1 NEVER proclaimed itself a 4k gaming machine, they advertised 4k due to it's UHD potential.

Also, the PS4PRO is NOT a true 4k gaming machine that can do native, just stop posting dude.

Seriously...lol. This guy @blueinheaven needs to stop...lol

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@samfisher56 said:

Lol Flopio will have no games and people still think it will be successful. ROFL.

Funny because U4 only sold 15% to it's install base, the so called sacred exclusive for the PS4.

PS4s are collecting dust, most of my friends have moved to xbox.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@ronvalencia said:

3. Vega's tiling+binning+cache raster improvements reduces external memory bandwidth usage.

4. Doing more with less hardware = more efficient. Throwing more functional units at the problem is the brute force approach. RYZEN is mostly "throwing more functional units at the problem = the brute force approach".

At 28 nm, RYZEN CPU core chip area size would be around 6 to 8 mm^2 while Jaguar is only 3.1 mm^2.

I gave Scorpio two options and these are Bristol Ridge's Excavator and Raven Ridge's RYZEN.

Eat it.

AMD Athlon X4 845 (Bristol Ridge, 65 watts with IGP, 28 nm process tech) runs Alien Isolation greater than 60 fps i.e. 103 fps.

5. http://en.yibada.com/articles/182451/20161231/amd-ryzen-amd-ryzen-price-specs-ryzen-processor-amd-cpu.htm

RYZEN SR3 (quad/8 threads) with desktop clock speed starts around $149. SR3 is just 8 cores chip with 4 cores disabled.

SR7 $249 refers to +3 Ghz variant and ~93 watts. Scorpio's CPU has to be around 30 to 50 watt TDP budget hence it's laptop clock speed.

Try again clown.

1-Who the fu** is talking about the PS4 and the R265? << Irrefutable proof that you are a moron who argue things no one is arguing.

2-LINK me to AMD or MS claiming that Ryzen is on xbox one and in full PC form without any downgrades.

3-No having 8 cores vs 8 core and doing much more still is more efficient you MORON,you are doing far more with equal amount of cores,just like it would be with less core,the argument is the same the problem here is that you want to bring the POWERFUL word into the equation because well you are a MS ass kisser,as well as a MS suck up.

Ryzen 8 cores is $249 and is 95 watts DEAL WITH IT.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3149051/components/amd-offers-more-proof-that-zen-now-renamed-ryzen-is-its-best-chip-in-a-decade.html

Is to much for a 6TF APU dude,so yeah a water down version i am sure is what it will have which is OK since even a water down version would piss on the Jaguar the xbox one and PS4 Pro have.

But you have to stop picturing the best case scenario here,reality is even a laptop Ryzen would probably be to much for that APU because of the GPU inside it.

4-This is what shock me the most how fu**ing selective you are,65 watts still to high for scorpio let me REMIND YOU that the Jaguar inside the xbox and PS4 was like 25 watts,we are talking here about more than double the watts,this gen console are a total departure from what the PS3 era consoles were very power hungry.

Great Alien Isolation runs 89 FPS on a damn G1920 cheap ass CPU,is no a damn CPU intensive game at all.

5- I know which is why i am telling you it is not a full Ryzen CPU because the PC version is 95 watts and $249 dollars,the Scorpio version would probably a cut down version,probably a Jaguar equivalent inside the Ryzen family,not a Full PC version just slower clock,because a full version lower clocked still is a full version and still cost the same to manufacture fool.

Now stop arguing shit no one is,i am not down playing scorpio here,A ryzen version for Scorpio should give way more even in water down form than the Jaguar consoles use now.

PS. 320GB/s is for the whole system stop damage controlling which is great for a 6TF system.

@xstationpbox said:

XBOX Scorpio will make it possible for PC games to run on a console, expanding the XBOX exclusive library (meaning not on any other console)

The only moron claiming this here is Blackace.... hahahahahaaha

Scorpio will not run PC games,in fact nothing stop the PS4 Pro from allowing install of PC games,but sony OS,since this consoles are like PC the problem is the OS on xbox is enclosed so is the one on PS4,don't expect PC games to magically install on Scorpio in any way.

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Funny because U4 only sold 15% to it's install base, the so called sacred exclusive for the PS4.

PS4s are collecting dust, most of my friends have moved to xbox.

Halo 4 sold even less in a 80 million user base..hahahahahahaaa

8.7 million units in 7 months it took a huge piss over Halo 5 sales...hahahahahaa

Yeah sony sold 6+ million dust collectors this holiday far more than the console you claim your fantasy friends moved to..hahahha

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#224  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@ronvalencia said:

Eat it.

Try again clown.

1-Who the fu** is talking about the PS4 and the R265? << Irrefutable proof that you are a moron who argue things no one is arguing.

2-LINK me to AMD or MS claiming that Ryzen is on xbox one and in full PC form without any downgrades.

3-No having 8 cores vs 8 core and doing much more still is more efficient you MORON,you are doing far more with equal amount of cores,just like it would be with less core,the argument is the same the problem here is that you want to bring the POWERFUL word into the equation because well you are a MS ass kisser,as well as a MS suck up.

Ryzen 8 cores is $249 and is 95 watts DEAL WITH IT.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/3149051/components/amd-offers-more-proof-that-zen-now-renamed-ryzen-is-its-best-chip-in-a-decade.html

Is to much for a 6TF APU dude,so yeah a water down version i am sure is what it will have which is OK since even a water down version would piss on the Jaguar the xbox one and PS4 Pro have.

But you have to stop picturing the best case scenario here,reality is even a laptop Ryzen would probably be to much for that APU because of the GPU inside it.

4-This is what shock me the most how fu**ing selective you are,65 watts still to high for scorpio let me REMIND YOU that the Jaguar inside the xbox and PS4 was like 25 watts,we are talking here about more than double the watts,this gen console are a total departure from what the PS3 era consoles were very power hungry.

Great Alien Isolation runs 89 FPS on a damn G1920 cheap ass CPU,is no a damn CPU intensive game at all.

5- I know which is why i am telling you it is not a full Ryzen CPU because the PC version is 95 watts and $249 dollars,the Scorpio version would probably a cut down version,probably a Jaguar equivalent inside the Ryzen family,not a Full PC version just slower clock,because a full version lower clocked still is a full version and still cost the same to manufacture fool.

Now stop arguing shit no one is,i am not down playing scorpio here,A ryzen version for Scorpio should give way more even in water down form than the Jaguar consoles use now.

PS. 320GB/s is for the whole system stop damage controlling which is great for a 6TF system.

Against your MORONIC points

1. Against your "320GB/s is for the whole system stop damage controlling which is great for a 6TF system", Stop being a hypocrite.

The point you miss is the principle for PC's discrete R7-265 having similar results as PS4 (Ref 1) is the same for Scorpio. It proves you are a hypocrite i.e. you applied different standards for PS4 and non-Sony branded hardware. The MORON is YOU.

Scorpio's hardware is just a scaled up PS4 Pro and PS4 and it's not like XBO with it's 32 MB ESRAM.

Reference

Ref 1. http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-we-built-a-pc-with-playstation-neo-gpu-tech

Your moronic argument haven't factored in PCI-E version 3.0 16X connection with 16 GB/s read and 16 GB write comes from the CPU side which can consume parts of GPU's memory bandwidth e.g. swapping textures from main memory to GPU memory. R7-265 comes with either 2 to 4 GB of VRAM.

PS4 and XBO's CPU L2 cache is just 4MB or 2 MB per quad core module. Intel Core i7-4790K has 8 MB of L3 cache with higher memory bandwidth than Jaguar's L2 cache! My point, larger cache = less system memory access. Most optimised XBO and PS4 games are designed around Jaguar's 4 MB cache size. This is X86 optimization 101.

For gaming workloads, my Intel Core i7-4790K at 4.5 Ghz with dual channel DDR3-2133Mhz memory modules (with 33 GB/s memory bandwidth) still delivers near top performance as any recent Intel Core i7-6770K with DDR4 memory. My CPU's 33 GB/s memory bandwidth is matched by PCI-E version 3.0 16X's 16 GB/s read and 16 GB/s write. Memory bandwidth higher 33 GB/s would be pointless since PCI-E version 3.0 16X's 16 GB/s read and 16 GB/s write is a bottleneck. With that being said, my gaming PCs are still superior to any PS4/PS4 Pro box.

My point, Intel Core i7-4790K currently being wasted on game console ports with last gen gameplay logics.

Intel Core i7-4790K with 8 threads and 4.5 Ghz clock speed acts like 2.2 Ghz 8 core Haswell without SMT. Scorpio's small Vega 11 like solution doesn't need a CPU that reaches Intel Core i7-6900K levels i.e. RYZEN SR3 (4 core/8 threads) at 4 Ghz or RYZEN 8 cores at 2 Ghz would do superior job over PS4 Pro.

XBO/PS4 has Onion fusion links to reduce main memory access i.e. direct links between CPU and GPU.

2. Any RYZEN downgrades are still superior to Jaguar. L3 cache less 8 core RYZEN still has 4 MB of L2 cache (512 MB x 8 cores) which is faster than Jaguar's L2 cache.

Intel Xeon level large L3 cache doesn't benefit XBO/PS4 CPU codebase i.e. if a game is designed for XBO/PS4's CPU 4 Mb cache size, the downgraded L3 cache less RYZEN will still runs at full compute speed. XBO/PS4 is not f.ucking running a large Oracle database (CPU side workload)!!!

For the original Xbox1 gaming, downgraded L2 cache K7 Duron still has most of K7 Athlon's gaming capabilities.

3. Wrong. my arguments remained the same since brute force Digital Alpha EV6 while Sony clowns played with lightweight MIPS CPUs. This is nothing to do with sucking up with MS.

Throwing more hardware at a compute problem is the brute force method.

Again, Intel Core i7-4790K with 8 threads and 4.5 Ghz clock speed acts like 2.2 Ghz 8 core Haswell without SMT. RYZEN acts like Intel Haswell/Broadwell like CPU core.

4. IGP less AMD GX-416RA (1.6 Ghz quad cores) has 15 watts TDP and PS4 has 2X the CPU modules, hence it's about 30 watts. XBO version runs at slightly higher clock speed with slightly higher TDP e.g. 35 to 40 watts.

Desktop AMD A12-9800 Bristol Ridge APU has 65 watts TDP which includes 8 CU IGP and it's similar to Radeon HD 7750 with GCN 1.2 updates.

Swap out AMD A12-9800 Bristol Ridge's IGP with another two Excavator modules and let say 65 watts remains.

Apply 14 nm/16nm FinFET improvements on 28 nm 65 watts part, hence 32 to 40 watts.

Phil Spenser wanted a CPU solution faster than PS4 Pro's 8 core FinFET improved Puma at 2.1 Ghz.

Athlon 5150 quad core Puma at 2.3 Ghz bottlenecks Doom Vulkan with R9-390 level GPU.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#225 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@blueinheaven said:
@Xabiss said:
@blueinheaven said:
@Xabiss said:

Spencer claimed the Xbox One S would run games in 4K before it launched, largely because he had no clue WTF he was talking about.

I never said the PS4 Pro was a true 4K gaming machine though it does some games natively in 4K. I said the Xbox One S absolutely was not and an upscaler does nothing to change that. Learn to read or please... just stop posting... dude.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6846 Posts

@silversix_ said:

I want this to be true so i could sell the PS4 and forget about having to deal with jaggies, low AF, dynamic res, fps drops in every single game etc. MS has my attention but after the Xbone and The Cloud lies, i'm skeptical.

This time they're for reals!

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227 ronvalencia

@blueinheaven said:
@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@blueinheaven said:
@Xabiss said:
@blueinheaven said:

Spencer claimed the Xbox One S would run games in 4K before it launched, largely because he had no clue WTF he was talking about.

I never said the PS4 Pro was a true 4K gaming machine though it does some games natively in 4K. I said the Xbox One S absolutely was not and an upscaler does nothing to change that. Learn to read or please... just stop posting... dude.

Please cite source documentation for Phil Spenser claim on 4k gaming for Xbox One S.

BlackShirt20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228 BlackShirt20
Member since 2005 • 2631 Posts

I have to get something off my chest.

Microsoft people are pissing themselves in joy over something that currently doesn't exist.

I get, Sony releases a updated console with underwhelming specs. Still still better then anything Xbox can offer outside a UHD drive in it.

Microsoft fans are treating Scorpio like it's a God box. While 6Tflops is intriguing and powerful. That is only one part of the equation. AMD release new CPU architecture and you all jizz all over yourselves as if your getting some desktop i7 CPU.

Calm down and be patient. Because as it stands 6flops isn't going to change the tide just yet and packing new expensive tech is only going to add to the price which might scare off potential buyers.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By ronvalencia

MSI R9-390X is just under 60 fps 4K for SW BattleFront at high details settings.

From https://uk.hardware.info/reviews/7020/6/battlefield-1-review-benchmarks-with-13-graphics-cards-testresultaten-ultra-hdn3840x2160-+-frametimes

Under DX12, R9-390X (5.9 TFLOPS) has closes the gap with GTX 1070.

A few graphics detail tweaks, 4K/60 fps is reachable for R9-390X.

Vega 11 directly replaces RX-480

Vega 10's 12.5 TFLOPS with 64 CU will need 1.528 Ghz.

Vega 11 XT with 36 CU at 1.528 Ghz yields 7.041 TFLOPS. This SKU should reach GTX 1070 level.

Vega 11 Pro with 32 CU at 1.528 Ghz yields 6.25 TFLOPS. This SKU may replace RX-480.

http://en.yibada.com/articles/182599/20170101/amd-radeon-rx-500-vega-10-vega-11-gpus-confirmed-for-ces-2017-unveiling-release-date-specs-pricing-and-more-details-known-so-far.htm

Applying Vega's 4X per/watt improvements on PS4's 1.84 TFLOPS GPU yields 7.36 TFLOPS.

jjs2016x4x1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230 jjs2016x4x1
Member since 2016 • 11 Posts

XBOX SCORPIO IS ABSOLUTELY USING ZEN/VEGA APU as it's using the full 8 core summit ridge RYZEN CPU with 97 watts @ 2.8ghz as that's the final CPU used in the system and it's also using a trimmed down 6 teraflop AMD VEGA GPU ok stop being a hater and hoping that it's not true because you're a jealous ass Pc master race *** who has a 2,000 dollar Pc that's gonna get wrecked by Scorpio lol

YOU PC MASTER RACE ASSHOLES KEEP THINKING BECAUSE ZEN / VEGA APU won't be available mainstream until 2018 that it means SCORPIO WONT HAVE IT EITHER n that's not true as XBOX SCORPIO WILL BE THE VERY FIRST PLATFORM TO USE RYZEN/VEGA as it's the only platform which will utilize it until 2018 ok don't fool yourself dude the XBOX SCORPIO IS THE REAL DEAL AS ITS 6 teraflop gpu with VEGA architecture has already been internally tested n benchmarked and its spanking the nvidia gtx 1080 as you keep forgetting that due to console architecture with an ultra low level closed loop console API has vastly superior hardware optimization as opposed to Pc which means on average consoles can get anywhere from 30% to 40% more power n efficiency out of the exact same Pc equivalent hardware which means that a 6 teraflop gpu inside of a console is the equivalent of an 8.4 teraflop gpu in a gaming Pc rig and what you also don't know is that XBOX SCORPIO HAS A CUSTOM BUILT ARCHITECTURE WITH RYZEN/VEGA that's using a brand new method of communication between components that's been patented by Microsoft specifically for the XBOX SCORPIO which allows for a nearly 1 to 1 zero latency performance between the CPU, GPU, and memory and that new architecture is something that's been patented from Microsoft specifically for XBOX SCORPIO and I happen to have inside knowledge of the early engineering sample of the APU that's used in Scorpio and early tests n benchmark results are showing a nearly 60% power efficiency gains compared to the same hardware in a Pc which means right now the 6 teraflop VEGA gpu inside SCORPIO IS THE Equivalent to roughly 9.6 teraflops of Pc graphics compute power and that's the secret behind Scorpio and its ability to run NATIVE 4K 60fps in games at the equivalent of Pc ultra settings and right now the latest benchmarks are showing massive performance gains above and beyond the current nvidia gtx 1080 on Pc as the custom built patented console architecture of SCORPIO IS ABSOLUTELY THE SINGLE BIGGEST JUMP IN PIPELINE COMMUNICATION BETWEEN SYSTEM COMPONENTS SINCE THE XBOX 360 which launched with the first ever graphics chipset with a unified architecture that wasn't available on Pc graphics cards when Xbox 360 launched which is why it was pushing out better graphics than the highest end PC Card on the market when it initially launched and while the new architecture wasn't patented which meant within 12 months PC Cards were adopting the same new method which allowed Pc to catch back up and ultimately start to pull away from the Xbox 360 in terms of graphics performance, HOWEVER THIS NEW METHOD PATENTED FROM MICROSOFT SPECIFICALLY FOR XBOX SCORPIO WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE ON PC as it's a console specific architecture

ALSO for those who don't believe Xbox Scorpio will have the full 8 core RYZEN SUMMIT RIDGE CPU/ VEGA GPU combination because you say it's far too expensive well guess what MICROSOFT FUNDED A SIGNIFICANT PORTION OF THE RESEARCH N DEVELOPMENT COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH DEVELOPING AMD ZEN & AMD VEGA and they did this in collaboration with AMD in return for the patent on the new communication method that's allows for nearly 60% power n efficiency gains above what's currently available on Pc hardware and also in return not only did they get too patent the new architecture specifically for XBOX SCORPIO, but Microsoft also secured themselves an extremely low price on the chipsets for XBOX SCORPIO since they funded nearly 40% of the research n development costs associated with ZEN/VEGA as Microsoft has been collaborating with AMD on this new architecture since the beginning as XBOX SCORPIO HAS BEEN IN DEVELOPMENT SINCE 2014 and due to their collaboration and funding such a significant portion of the research n development costs that's how they are able to bring this new technology to XBOX SCORPIO with affordability and how they've secured the PATENT ON THE NEW COMMUNICATIONS METHOD FOR THIS NEW CONSOLE SPECIFIC ARCHITECTURE and its also why XBOX SCORPIO will be the first platform to use a RYZEN/VEGA APU......

I am not gonna publicly release my source and jeopardize their non disclosure agreement, however I will say that my source is a major 1st party developer for Microsoft Xbox brand and they're currently responsible for a significant portion of the early testing n benchmarking of the new APU ENGINEERING SAMPLE that's being used in the dev kit and all the information I've shared is literally straight from the horses mouth

PC MASTER RACE GUYS THAT HAVE RECENTLY SPENT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS BUILDING ULTRA HIGH END GAMING RIGS ARE GONNA BE PISSED LOL THATS SORT OF AN UNDERSTATEMENT BUT YEA REGARDLESS ITS TRUE AS ALL IVE SAID IS A REALITY N WHEN ITS PROVEN MY SOURCE IS LEGIT ALL THE HATERS CAN KISS MY ASS......

Xbox Scorpio is going to be the most advantaged gaming machine ever created as it's gonna literally smoke every single ultra high end Pc on the market for years to come due to the new patented console specific architecture as it's truly remarkable

THIS IS WHY THE DEVELOPER FOR 343 industries came out and said a few weeks back that XBOX SCORPIO IS FAR BEEFIER THAN ORIGINALLY EXPECTED and that's because they had no idea of the new patented console specific architecture that's been developed in collaboration between Microsoft & AMD so yea sit back and wait guys as you're gonna be blown away by the power n performance of this new console as it's absolutely incredible

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7701 Posts

Talk about rage necro, too long didn't read, Scorpio still pointless etc.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#232 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69364 Posts

@howmakewood said:

I disagree. We need consoles that can offer at the very least strong 1080p performance.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@howmakewood said:

And why is that? Enlighten us?

And if you say "just build a PC instead", just GTFO now.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#234 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Well the rules state 2 weeks you can bring a thread back up. It's been 2 weeks.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#235 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17421 Posts

Why do i get the feeling he went through a few keyboards typing that?

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7701 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@howmakewood said:

And why is that? Enlighten us?

And if you say "just build a PC instead", just GTFO now.

It was more of a generic reply, I don't have anything against Scorpio nor to people who intend on buying one

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@commander said:

Indeed , but what's also important here is that microsoft is much better at building consoles in general.

Yeah, let's pretend the 360 didn't exist.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@howmakewood: Um ok then...

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

xbox one just fucking came out. why are they making another console SMH

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Wow the guy who necrod the thread is mad. He believed MS's lies for the 2nd time in a row and now is in a hard ass awakening. Must hurt. Very painful. Your HIGHEST QUALITY PIXELS will become the best pals with the "30%+ boost with DX12" and "Teh Cloud", don't you worry.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#241 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69364 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Wow the guy who necrod the thread is mad. He believed MS's lies for the 2nd time in a row and now is in a hard ass awakening. Must hurt. Very painful. Your HIGHEST QUALITY PIXELS will become the best pals with the "30%+ boost with DX12" and "Teh Cloud", don't you worry.

The funny thing is that you sound just as looney as he with that response.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@Pedro said:
@silversix_ said:

The funny thing is that you sound just as looney as he with that response.

Simply trying to rival his rage so he could understand me clearly.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#243 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

@jjs2016x4x1 said:

I am not gonna publicly release my source and jeopardize their non disclosure agreement, however I will say that my source is a major 1st party developer for Microsoft Xbox brand and they're currently responsible for a significant portion of the early testing n benchmarking of the new APU ENGINEERING SAMPLE that's being used in the dev kit and all the information I've shared is literally straight from the horses mouth

Go back to twitter to your misterxmedia, mistercteam and parasite76 bubble of nonsense lem dreams.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@nethernova said:
@commander said:

Indeed , but what's also important here is that microsoft is much better at building consoles in general.

Yeah, let's pretend the 360 didn't exist.

Or the PS1, PS2 and PS3 POS build quality. All 3 were plagued by major hardware issues. Not as bad the early 360 models but still major issues. Sony is 1 out of 4 while MS is 2 out of 3. Yeah I'd say MS builds better hardware

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#246  Edited By CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

@jjs2016x4x1: Misterxmedia how have you been?

Have one question since you are here. Why is Microflop making the Scorpio when the secret sauce cloud will be better than a high dollar PC?

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#247 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

Why are people arguing? 6TF with a weak CPU, same with all consoles. It's not going to be a fucking PC.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By ronvalencia

@commander said:
@ronvalencia said:
@commander said:

Keep in mind Ryzen R7-1700 is already has 65 watts TDP with base clock speed of 3.4GHz and a turbo clock speed of 3.8GHz.

95 watts R-1700X has XFR (Extended Frequency Range) which is auto overclock beyond 3.8 Ghz.

As an example, 2.4 Ghz version with no XFR and Turbo clock speeds will be less than 65 watts. Power consumption can further be reduced with reduced L3 cache.

As for the GPU... Vega 10 at 12 TFLOPS has 225 watts. Half version with 32 CU has 112.5 watts.

The clock speed for 12 TFLOPS and 64 CU is about 1465 Mhz