Xbox One Sales More Than Double in June

• 139 results
#1 Edited by tymeservesfate (1960 posts) -

http://news.xbox.com/2014/07/xbox-one-xbox-one-sales-more-than-double-in-june?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Xbox One Sales More Than Double in June with New $399 Option and Unveiling of Holiday Games Lineup

Over the past month, we’ve seen a strong spike in interest in our Xbox One console options, including the new $399 offering, and the amazing lineup of games announced during E3. Since the new Xbox One offering launched on June 9th, we’ve seen sales of Xbox One more than double* in the US, compared to sales in May, and solid growth in Xbox 360 sales.

We’re excited to welcome so many fans to Xbox this summer and we can’t wait for them to get their hands on the wide selection of new games available this year on Xbox One, including Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Sunset Overdrive, Forza Horizon 2, and Ori and the Blind Forest. Xbox One is the only place you can play these games along with creative independent titles and blockbusters such as Assassin’s Creed Unity, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, Destiny, Evolve, Grand Theft Auto V, and dozens more. We’re honored that Xbox One was awarded with the best games line-up of 2014 by game critics at E3 and our fans have a lot of amazing new games to look forward to in the coming months.

Starting in August with the release of Madden NFL 15, new blockbuster hits will launch for Xbox One at an incredible pace throughout the fall, as we head into the holiday season. Gamers love the holidays and we are lining up incredible deals and special promotions to celebrate. The fun is just getting started and we can’t wait to share more exciting news soon.

*- Internal data based on retail calendar and sold through numbers

#2 Posted by DerekLoffin (8790 posts) -

First shots fired!

#3 Posted by Elpresador-911 (316 posts) -

Not really impressive considering it only sold 77k in may.

#4 Posted by lundy86_4 (43534 posts) -

They hit a nice price point and have some solid upcoming games. I'll always be happy with consoles that manage to deliver in the games department.

#5 Posted by xhawk27 (7345 posts) -

One day until the NPD numbers are out!

#6 Posted by Daious (1378 posts) -

Interesting. If the PS4 sold the same amount as May they should still be more units than the xboxone (if I remember correctly).

#7 Edited by super600 (30718 posts) -

So 160K+ is possible for the Xbox one in June in the US.I read it a bit more and 170K+ may be possible for the xbox one in June, but the amount of xbox one's sold per week would have to stay consistently above or around 38K per week after June 9th for 170K+ to be possible.

#8 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7420 posts) -

Welcome new ONE owners!

#9 Posted by magicalclick (22820 posts) -

Pretty good.

#10 Edited by blackace (20886 posts) -

I was hoping they tripled or quadrupled their sales number from May. Their May sales weren't that great. I wanted to see 300K+ sales for June.

#12 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10527 posts) -

MS only talks when its good news, so this must be legit. Guess people really don't want Kinect lol

#13 Posted by -Damien- (5355 posts) -

FYI, May NPD (4 weeks): Xbone = 77K. PS4 = 197K

June NPD will be 5 weeks

#14 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

Cow damage control is imminent.

#15 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10527 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

June NPD will be 5 weeks

Making excuses already? You don't have too, the PS4 still might have taken the month lol

#16 Posted by inb4uall (5806 posts) -

Lems crossing their fingers. lol

#17 Posted by blueinheaven (447 posts) -

I'm quite happy to see X1 selling well the PS4 needs competition. They desperately need exclusives though they will be slaughtered on multi plats this gen for people who own both systems.

#18 Posted by sammyjenkis898 (28122 posts) -

This is the best headline they could come up with. Pathetic.

#19 Posted by -Damien- (5355 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@-Damien- said:

June NPD will be 5 weeks

Making excuses already? You don't have too, the PS4 still might have taken the month lol

what excuses? and what for? when I know PS4 is still gonna destroy Xbone number

#20 Posted by xhawk27 (7345 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@-Damien- said:

June NPD will be 5 weeks

I predict the Xbox one is a close second, so how is that getting destroyed?

#21 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9834 posts) -

Believe or not, Xbox One is doing pretty decent right now so higher sells are expected from now on.

I expect for the PS4 and X1 to be about even in sells by this time next year (20 million each)

#22 Posted by Shewgenja (9625 posts) -

I just love it when Christmas arrives early. The 200k was not to be had. Bonecast is for real.

#23 Edited by Shewgenja (9625 posts) -

Anyone have that gif of the frog missing the fly? We need an update to that one. I always liked that one lol

#24 Posted by Chutebox (37362 posts) -

Sounds like they lost lol

#25 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10527 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@-Damien- said:

June NPD will be 5 weeks

You tell me....you posted the 5 week thing for some odd reason.

#27 Posted by Chutebox (37362 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@-Damien- said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@-Damien- said:

June NPD will be 5 weeks

Think he's saying they both will sell more than last month since more weeks in the month.

#28 Posted by BldgIrsh (2689 posts) -

Will never understand the thrill console gamers get when their console sells more... how do you benefit knowing your company made a bunch of money from selling cheap hardware.

#29 Edited by Shewgenja (9625 posts) -

Bonecast.

#30 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10527 posts) -

@Chutebox said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@-Damien- said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@-Damien- said:

June NPD will be 5 weeks

Think he's saying they both will sell more than last month since more weeks in the month.

You think? Or maybe the X1 sales will look better because of the extra week, maybe.

#31 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10602 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

MS only talks when its good news, so this must be legit. Guess people really don't want Kinect lol

More people would prefer to buy the $400 console over the $500 console is what it probably comes down to more. I doubt the average gamer cares either way about Kinect.

#32 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10527 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

More people would prefer to buy the $400 console over the $500 console is what it probably comes down to more. I doubt the average gamer cares either way about Kinect.

Idk Kinect receives a ton of hate....but maybe that's just in this SW bubble.

#33 Edited by Shewgenja (9625 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

More like, Microsoft speaks when they want to spin something. PS4 could push 190k sales without any price drop hype, and let's not get it twisted, the XBone price drop/kinect de-bundle was telegraphed big time.

MS wanted to make a statement before people have had a chance to connect all the dots. You MS lapdogs will make it your warcry tomorrow "Double the sales" but it won't fly.

#34 Edited by kuu2 (7368 posts) -

Numbers are not even official and Cows are already in hear DCing............

So much for Cows theory of the WiiU outselling The One.

Also, $399 is going to be a real pain for Sony in the long run.

#35 Posted by charizard1605 (58191 posts) -

Now give us hard numbers.

#36 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10602 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I would say that is just the System Wars bubble considering more than 24 million people bought the stand-alone Kinect for the 360.

#37 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16000 posts) -

I saw this one coming: Xbox One May numbers were so awful that even terrible June numbers would be enough for Microsoft to be able to claim that their sales doubled month over month.

#38 Posted by TheRealBigRich (734 posts) -

Only thing I don't get is people saying if Sony doesn't beat Sony numbers then its not good month but what if it gets just close to Sony numbers. All I hear about is how well the Ps4 is selling so I think getting close to those numbers would sound pretty good it seems .

#39 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10527 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

I would say that is just the System Wars bubble considering more than 24 million people bought the stand-alone Kinect for the 360.

Didn't know the number was that high....I love the X1/Kinect combo....the X1 would feel incomplete without it.

#40 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10602 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

More like, Microsoft speaks when they want to spin something. PS4 could push 190k sales without any price drop hype, and let's not get it twisted, the XBone price drop/kinect de-bundle was telegraphed big time.

MS wanted to make a statement before people have had a chance to connect all the dots. You MS lapdogs will make it your warcry tomorrow "Double the sales" but it won't fly.

What does that have to do with my comment at all? If you were to choose between a $400 and $500 item (when they do damn near the same item as the PS4 and Xbox One are) you would choose the $400 item. That's what people have done both with PS4 and Xbox One.

#41 Edited by R3FURBISHED (10602 posts) -

@chikenfriedrice said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

Didn't know the number was that high....I love the X1/Kinect combo....the X1 would feel incomplete without it.

That is my feeling as well. If I could do it again (choose between $400 and $500 Xbox One), I'd still buy the $500 Xbox One with Kinect.

#42 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10527 posts) -

@R3FURBISHED said:

@chikenfriedrice said:

@R3FURBISHED said:

That is my feeling as well. If I could do it again (choose between $400 and $500 Xbox One), I'd still buy the $500 Xbox One with Kinect.

Same here

#43 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Dat pre-damage control before tomorrow's NPD numbers are released. I will lol hard if PS4 outsells Xbone in June. Selling more than twice 77k of May NPD is impressive but doesn't sound good enough to beat PS4 for the month.

#44 Posted by Kingpin0114 (2599 posts) -

Sounds like they loss again. Poor MS

#45 Edited by TheRealBigRich (734 posts) -

How is doing about what Sony is doing bad now but its god numbers when Sony does it ? I don't get it

#46 Edited by Shewgenja (9625 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Numbers are not even official and Cows are already in hear DCing............

So much for Cows theory of the WiiU outselling The One.

Also, $399 is going to be a real pain for Sony in the long run.

Sorry, percentages and fractions are the language of defeat.

#47 Posted by Giancar (19068 posts) -

Funny quote one day before NPD release numbers.

Not rocket science what is going to happen tomorrow.

#48 Posted by gago-gago (9541 posts) -

Price really is a huge factor. The only reason why the PS4 is ahead despite the worst launch and first year game line up is because it had a head start, available at more regions and it was $100 cheaper. The PS4 will still lead in the recent NPD as more people learn that the Xbox One is now a $100 cheaper which should make it even out in the following months. But the Xbox One still need to be available at regions it is not. Sony are getting nervous about this.

#49 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1771 posts) -

So since they sold about 77k in May, that means they sold about 160k xbox ones in june. Not impressive, especially since everyone knew about the price drop a month in advance and nobody really bought it in May.

Fail claim to glory.

#50 Posted by hoosier7 (3844 posts) -

Ouch that's actually quite bad since they only sold 77k the month before. Lets hope it's nearer the 3xs mark for the sake of the X1.