Xbox One passes 5 million units*!!

• 177 results
#151 Posted by delta3074 (17927 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Indicud said:

Those are shipped numbers where-as Sony's are sold numbers.

I'd peg the Xbox One at a little above or below 4 million.

They are both SHIPPED numbers. They will say "Sold To Consumers" when it's NOT Shipped numbers.

Hahahahaha still on denial spinning facts... Thank god your unbiased right.?

"Over 3 million Xbox One consoles were sold to consumers in 13 countries before the end of 2013," said Xbox executive Yusuf Mehdi today in a statement.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-sold-3-million-units-in-2013-microsoft-says/1100-6416955/

MS sold 3 million units to CONSUMERS by the end of 2013...

During the final quarter of 2013, 3.9 million Xbox One consoles and 3.5 million Xbox 360 consoles were sold in to retailers, Microsoft announced today as part of its quarterly earnings release.

Earlier this month, the company announced that sales of its next-gen console had already surpassed 3 million units before the end of last year. Note that, unlike that figure, these latest Xbox One and Xbox 360 numbers reflect the number of consoles sold to retailers, a number which is always greater than the number actually sold through to consumers.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/23/39-million-xbox-one-consoles-shipped-in-2013

MS sold to retailers in 2013 3.9 million xbox one,from those only 3 million sold and MS reported sold through numbers,when they talk about sold through is to consumers period,when they say sold to retailers yeah that mean to stores,so basically 800k xbox one can be seating on shelves now.

@blackace said:

Whether it's shipped or sold. We know there are still PS4 on retail shelves.

http://www.nowinstock.net/videogaming/consoles/ps4/

They've been in stock everywhere for almost a month now. Amazon hasn't sold out of them since the 2nd week of March.

So you want to act like part of those 7 millions are at retailers.? Dude learn to read..hahaha

Sony sold to consumers 7 million units by April 6 the PS4 on stores right now,are not accounted on those 7 million..lol why do you think they give a number and say in which day they reach it..hahahahahaha

It most be killing you...

Oh and look how MS say the attach rate is 2.9 but doesn't say how many games they sold to date,that is because that would give away the actual number of consoles sold,the xbox one has sell way less games than the PS4..lol

The PS4 sold 20.5 million which is 2.9 million as well,if the xbox one has sold 4.2 million units which is what i think is has now,that mean the xbox one has sold some 12.1 million games sony is almost doubling them in sales of games to..

I say by E3 Sony will probably double MS numbers or be close to.

@blackace said:

They aren't selling out is my point. Do you remember the Wii? Sold Out for a full year. Over 20 million sold it's first year. Over 24 million sold it's 2nd yrs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_sales

Yes, there is still demand for the PS4, but it's not high enough for there to be "Sold Out" everywhere like the Wii was. Sony said they would be sold out until Summer and they would have a hard time keeping up with demands. I guess not.

Dude the PS4 up until now has outsold the wii in the same time frame....lol

Did Nintendo sold 1 million wii in 24 hours.?

No..

How much they sold in their first 5 months.?

5.8 million units...

As for the console business, “Wii” hardware got off to a favorable start with sales of 5.84 million units within the first five months after launch.

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2007/070426e.pdf

In fact Nintendo claimed that they would sold 6 million wii by March 31,and failed by 200k,sony say they would sell 5 million and sold 7 million units..lol

The wii reach 9 million by the end of June i am sure the PS4 will past that easy.

I am calling BS on the SONY line that there figures are sell throughs, every man and his dog knows you cannot get any accurate sell through data from europe so they are either guessing how many units they sold to customers in europe or they are combining Shipped and sell through numbers.

#152 Posted by Scipio8 (622 posts) -

PS4 will reach saturation point soon, its just selling more because cows can't wait to drop the pos ps3.

#153 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4221 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Where I am there have been piles of Xbones available since day one. Right now at one shop I could get an Xbone with four games (Lego Movie Videogame, Titanfall, Forza 5 and PvZ) for $738. All of that separately costs $1080. A solo PS4 with one new retail game costs $767. Think about that. In another I can get an Xbone with Forza 5 and Titanfall for $648, separately $894. Ridiculous good bargains around if I was dumb enough to want an Xbone.

Anecdotal evidence confirmed,lol

Sure is. Know what else? This shit isn't selling. Xbox Done.

@Scipio8 said:

PS4 will reach saturation point soon, its just selling more because cows can't wait to drop the pos ps3.

Unfortunately for you the Xbone has already reached saturation point.

#154 Posted by tormentos (17327 posts) -

This is great news, no one expected Microsoft to also suddenly sell 7 million consoles, right? We should compare the numbers from countries where they are both available, I think PS4 still comes out ahead, but how much smaller would the gap be? 500k, maybe 1 mil?

Also a positive spin to this news, the +5 million consoles were sold to retailers, because the Xbox One only released in 13 countries, these aren't that many stores, so I would think there aren't 1 million consoles sitting on shelves.

Ok so now is clear that you didn't went to school right.?

How the gap will get smaller if the one in front keep selling more than you.?

If i have a 100 advantage on you and all months i sell 10 and you sell 7 how in hell is the gap getting smaller.?

All the contrary the gap is getting bigger.

Oh please dude those 13 countries are MS hart and soul,outside them what MS will sell is little and they know it,else they will be out on those countries,Japan the xbox one is dead,hell outside UK in other parts of EU the PS4 is outselling the xbox one by 4 to 1,imagine how bad it will be in those other countries where no one cares about the xbox.

It took MS 13 countries to sell 1 million,while sony did it in US alone that should tell you something.

SONY's numbers can't be sold to customers, they have to be shipped numbers as well, every man and his dog knows you cannot get sell through data from europe

Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....

Oh Delta sony has been saying for months sold to consumers,there is not a single doubt about that,they are talking about machines in people hands not in retailers store quit damage controlling like Blackace come on i know you are not like him you at least have a tap of common sense..

#155 Posted by cainetao11 (17015 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

That system is doing grand. So long as Microsoft remembers that with great power, comes great responsibility...

Well said. It is doing well in sales. But as much fun as I still have on Titanfall, I do hope QB is coming this year.

#156 Edited by Desmonic (13527 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

Doesn't Sony use sold to retailers numbers too ?*

*not flaming, just asking

It's dependant on the terminology they use.

If they just say "Sold" then, we don't know if they mean sales to consumers or retailers;

If they say "Sold-in" then we know they mean the sales to retailers (or if you prefer, shipped to retailers).

If they say "Sold through" then we know they mean sales to consumers/costumers.

----

Sony has been using the sold through terminology and MS has been using the sold in. That's how we can somewhat discern that the 7 million PS4's are in consumer hands while the 5 million X1's aren't.

#157 Posted by Suppaman100 (3802 posts) -

Still behind Wii U LOL

#158 Posted by Desmonic (13527 posts) -

SONY's numbers can't be sold to customers, they have to be shipped numbers as well, every man and his dog knows you cannot get sell through data from europe

Again, we can only draw conclusions from the terminology they use. I'd imagine it's absurdly hard to get proper numbers from every single country in Europe, however if you do get them from the top 5-6, the rest can be estimated to a reasonable margin of error (since most of them don't even reach 1 million LTD in hardware sales).

#159 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16343 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@R4gn4r0k said:

Doesn't Sony use sold to retailers numbers too ?*

*not flaming, just asking

It's dependant on the terminology they use.

If they just say "Sold" then, we don't know if they mean sales to consumers or retailers;

If they say "Sold-in" then we know they mean the sales to retailers (or if you prefer, shipped to retailers).

If they say "Sold through" then we know they mean sales to consumers/costumers.

----

Sony has been using the sold through terminology and MS has been using the sold in. That's how we can somewhat discern that the 7 million PS4's are in consumer hands while the 5 million X1's aren't.

Ok, I didn't know Sony used "sold through" for this case.

I'm pretty sure that for their past consoles/handhelds they always used sold, and it meant sold to stores.

#160 Posted by Desmonic (13527 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: Yeah, but since PS4 has been selling so well they've been using sold through once again hehe :P Companies use what suits them, it's part of a good PR after all!

#161 Posted by tormentos (17327 posts) -

I am calling BS on the SONY line that there figures are sell throughs, every man and his dog knows you cannot get any accurate sell through data from europe so they are either guessing how many units they sold to customers in europe or they are combining Shipped and sell through numbers.

Yeah you do that now where is your proof that sony is lying about sell through.?

You can't get accurate data,sony can so can MS,is pretty easy for them,is you ship 1 million to 40 stores and all 40 stores call you back telling you they are out of units how the the hell you don't know you sold 1 million how.?

So once again where is your proof because i can prove right now they are talking about units sold and not shipped.

Sony shipped world wide up to December 28 4.2 million units,all sold out it was easy to know,there wasn't a damn PS4 in stores,it has been like that for months until late march early April that units started to appear more frequently,sony sold numbers are as of April 6,any console on store now is not part of those 7 million sold,you are grasping and you have no proof,other than claiming that you can't get numbers from EU which is a lie because sony and MS can.

#162 Edited by Suppaman100 (3802 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

Dem tears!!!

"BU..bu..TITANFALLLL!!! will surely save Xbone!" LMFAO

Let's recall some forgotten memories that are truer than ever:

#163 Posted by FastRobby (1325 posts) -

@FastRobby said:

This is great news, no one expected Microsoft to also suddenly sell 7 million consoles, right? We should compare the numbers from countries where they are both available, I think PS4 still comes out ahead, but how much smaller would the gap be? 500k, maybe 1 mil?

Also a positive spin to this news, the +5 million consoles were sold to retailers, because the Xbox One only released in 13 countries, these aren't that many stores, so I would think there aren't 1 million consoles sitting on shelves.

Ok so now is clear that you didn't went to school right.?

How the gap will get smaller if the one in front keep selling more than you.?

If i have a 100 advantage on you and all months i sell 10 and you sell 7 how in hell is the gap getting smaller.?

All the contrary the gap is getting bigger.

Oh please dude those 13 countries are MS hart and soul,outside them what MS will sell is little and they know it,else they will be out on those countries,Japan the xbox one is dead,hell outside UK in other parts of EU the PS4 is outselling the xbox one by 4 to 1,imagine how bad it will be in those other countries where no one cares about the xbox.

It took MS 13 countries to sell 1 million,while sony did it in US alone that should tell you something.

You can't read, so learn to read, or don't respond to my posts. I stopped reading after the second line, because it was clear you are talking shit again, didn't really expect anything else from a cow.

#164 Edited by cainetao11 (17015 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Hey, they both have the same attach rate so the software side of things is also going pretty well! :) Though I think the PS4 needs to more software sold to keep up with attach rate (and MS didn't share that number for a reason, obviously :P ).

Obviously :p

Yeah, the Ps4 is just kicking ass and taking names when it comes down to units sold, but X1 isn't doing too bad. Remember how we all reacted to the DRM, and all that?

Feels so long ago. They seem to be doing okay though. People are buying it, and the games that are available, so it's not all doom and gloom for MS. They're trying.

Sony doesn't even have to try 8)

Not surprised though 8)

Yeah the PS brand is back where it was, world wide favorite. Got admire those who learn from the mistakes they make, adjust fire, soldier on. I'd say they both have done this. But it makes me wonder what Nintendo has focused on internally, to change.

#165 Edited by Scipio8 (622 posts) -

@Suppaman100: Xbox one doing fine dude, TitanFall sold twice as much as inflopous so many PS4s sitting idle because cows don't want to lose the console wars lol.

#166 Posted by Suppaman100 (3802 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

@Suppaman100: Xbox one doing fine dude, TitanFall sold twice as much as inflopous so many PS4s sitting idle because cows don't want to lose the console wars lol.

But do you admit that Xbone has lost and PS4 is dominating even with "inflopous"?

#167 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (4221 posts) -
@Scipio8 said:

"Inflopulous" sold a million in nine days and PS4s won't stop flying off the shelves.

Even in lemming denial land, this is a laughable assessment.

#168 Posted by clyde46 (45439 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

Lose? Aside from a lack of games the PS4 hasn't hit a bump in the road yet.

#169 Posted by NFJSupreme (5199 posts) -

I honestly think the ps4 will set sales records this summer. Lems don't want to hear that though.

#170 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16343 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@R4gn4r0k: Yeah, but since PS4 has been selling so well they've been using sold through once again hehe :P Companies use what suits them, it's part of a good PR after all!

Totally :D

if they are proud of the number sold to consumers, they used sold through

If they aren't, they use sold in XD

#171 Posted by Prawephet (196 posts) -

@Scipio8: So the console with more high rated exclusives and more sales than the 360 is a POS? What does that say about the Xbox?

#172 Posted by _Matt_ (8878 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

That system is doing grand. So long as Microsoft remembers that with great power, comes great responsibility...

Well said. It is doing well in sales. But as much fun as I still have on Titanfall, I do hope QB is coming this year.

I've never been particularly fond of what little TF I have played.

QB however... well, Remedy are yet to do any wrong. I hope it comes this year too, I want an excuse to pick up an X1!

#173 Posted by donalbane (16213 posts) -

They have hinted at a price drop announcement at E3 in a couple of months, so that should make things a lot more interesting. They didn't say price drop per se... they said "Changes that will make everyone very happy." Could Kinect no longer be mandatory? A $100 price drop? Or maybe the 'lease to own' option they experimented with back in the day. Either way, I expect the Xbox One to sell well, just not as well as the PS4. It's doing better than the 360 did, though, which is great.

#174 Posted by cainetao11 (17015 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@cainetao11 said:

@_Matt_ said:

I've never been particularly fond of what little TF I have played.

QB however... well, Remedy are yet to do any wrong. I hope it comes this year too, I want an excuse to pick up an X1!

No doubt, dude. I like TF, and I haven't been a huge MP gamer since like L4D. It is, for me a fun game. But like you said, Remedy haven't let me down yet.

#175 Edited by Douevenlift_bro (5041 posts) -

LOL shipped to retailers numbers.. TLHBO

4 million in consumer hands. close to 3 mill gap probably

#176 Posted by UnbiasedPoster (752 posts) -

Great number given the pricing gap, and the horrible Press they've had to deal with. created for themselves.

Fixed

#177 Edited by super600 (30406 posts) -

@Scipio8 said:

It will probably reach a saturation point eventually, but that may take years.

#178 Posted by jsmoke03 (12786 posts) -

i still dont get why they started panicking soo early. it shipped 5 mil, probably passed 4mil sell through already... ms needs to calm down and stop saying its a marathon but act like its a marathon. thank you for the $450 bundle with titanfall, but you lost money there, and you couldnt even outsell the ps4

#179 Posted by Desmonic (13527 posts) -

@jsmoke03 said:

i still dont get why they started panicking soo early. it shipped 5 mil, probably passed 4mil sell through already... ms needs to calm down and stop saying its a marathon but act like its a marathon. thank you for the $450 bundle with titanfall, but you lost money there, and you couldnt even outsell the ps4

Using your own terms (assuming they sold closer to 4 million than 5 million):

• They already have a 3 million units disadvantage 6 months in;
  • They already have a 380k disadvantage in their strongest market (when they had a 15-16 million unit lead last gen);
  • Their biggest game so far had little to no impact on hardware sales (neither worldwide nor in their previous main market);
  • They already released in all of their best markets;
  • They'll be DOA on many of their new ones in September.

So yes, they have reasons to "panic". Even if we assume these 5 millions as sold through to consumers, it's still a 2 million unit gap in a mere six months + all of the other reasons.

They have to act fast to change this tendency, otherwise they do risk losing the "sales war" pretty soon (assuming things stay as they are for both sides of course).

#180 Posted by tormentos (17327 posts) -

They have hinted at a price drop announcement at E3 in a couple of months, so that should make things a lot more interesting. They didn't say price drop per se... they said "Changes that will make everyone very happy." Could Kinect no longer be mandatory? A $100 price drop? Or maybe the 'lease to own' option they experimented with back in the day. Either way, I expect the Xbox One to sell well, just not as well as the PS4. It's doing better than the 360 did, though, which is great.

The xbox 360 had a super drought because of yields issues,and release with less than half a million units in more countries than the xbox one,comparing the xbox one to the 360 is not an accurate measurement,from November to april the xbox 360 was missing in action MS had yield issues.

So if the xbox 360 would have been more available it would have sold better.

In fact the original xbox sold in US 1.8 million from November 2001 to march 2002.

The xbox 360 sold in US 1.2 million from November 2005 to March 2006.

The xbox one sold in US 2.56 million from November 2013 to March 2014.

The xbox 360 under performed compare to the original xbox,and we all know the 360 sold 3 times more.

@Desmonic said:

Using your own terms (assuming they sold closer to 4 million than 5 million):

• They already have a 3 million units disadvantage 6 months in;
  • They already have a 380k disadvantage in their strongest market (when they had a 15-16 million unit lead last gen);
  • Their biggest game so far had little to no impact on hardware sales (neither worldwide nor in their previous main market);
  • They already released in all of their best markets;
  • They'll be DOA on many of their new ones in September.

So yes, they have reasons to "panic". Even if we assume these 5 millions as sold through to consumers, it's still a 2 million unit gap in a mere six months + all of the other reasons.

They have to act fast to change this tendency, otherwise they do risk losing the "sales war" pretty soon (assuming things stay as they are for both sides of course).

The panic button was push since February when they saw January sales,i bet that if those sales would have been higher or very close to the PS4,the Titanfall bundles would have been sold for $560 like any bundle was on December.

Probably the first wake up call was December when they shipped 3.9 million and only sold 3 million to consumers,when sony shipped 4.2 million and did a complete sell out,MS is giving the battle for US,world wide they already loss.

I think they have 4.2 or lower but not higher,since NPD shows most of MS sales and outside US MS sell less than half of what US sells.