SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44014 Posts

Them sound like fighting words to me, Sony & Nintendo up for the fight you think? :P

False bravado or in it to win it and the real deal?

My favorite part.... Games & more games baby, bring'em on.

"What gives Microsoft confidence it can keep its Xbox One sales momentum going? For one thing, the company says it has so many holiday 2015 games in the works that it may need to delay some to make room. Do you think Microsoft can extend its winning streak? Let us know in the comments below!"

The Story

------

After Xbox One Outsells PS4, Microsoft Exec Says "We Are Just Getting Started"

Aaron Greenberg says he's hopeful he can keep momentum around Xbox going strong into the future.

Following last week's news that the Xbox One had outsold the PlayStation 4 in the US and UK for November 2014, Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg has spoken out to say "we're just getting started."

Greenberg's official title is senior director of the Studios Marketing Group for all first- and third-party Xbox games, a position he took on in June after nearly three years in the role of chief of staff.

November 2014 was the first month since the Xbox One and PS4 launched in November 2013 that Microsoft's console came out on top in the United States, according to NPD Group data.

Xbox One software sales were also strong in November. During the period, more Xbox One games were sold in the US than PS4 or Wii U. November 2014 was also Xbox Live's biggest month in history, with more fans logged into the service across Xbox One and Xbox 360 than ever before.

What gives Microsoft confidence it can keep its Xbox One sales momentum going? For one thing, the company says it has so many holiday 2015 games in the works that it may need to delay some to make room. Do you think Microsoft can extend its winning streak? Let us know in the comments below!

-----

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps4-sales-challenged-in-wake-of-xbox-one-pricing-a/1100-6424317/

PS4 Sales Challenged In Wake of Xbox One Pricing Action, Sony Admits

Conditions in November "tougher" due to Xbox One price cut and bundles, Andrew House says.

by on December 19, 2014

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

Welcome to last week.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SecretPolice

@dalger21 said:

Welcome to last week.

Why thank you very much but I hated last week so don't want to relive it.

Anyhoo, cute but go tell Eddie and GS that mmmk. :P

by on December 15, 2014

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Desmonic  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

lolgreenberg

He'd be right at home here in SW. He is the same dude that said only September, October, November and December mattered, I think lol And this is really just false bravado by him.

The promotions and deals are only for NA (and those likely cost them quite a bit money to make happen), their only concern is to get that region back (in which Sony still has a 700k lead without doing much), in the rest of the world they are getting outsold like crazy.

Considering they won't get the crazy difference in NA they got last gen (some 20 million or more of difference between the X360 and PS3 in that region), winning NA alone won't be nearly enough.

You better step your WW game MS, or all this will accomplish nothing in the long run :P

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

and then he wakes up it was all a bad dream

Aero5555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#6 Aero5555
Member since 2006 • 1333 Posts

"We're just making statements that'll drive competition harder and make teenagers argue over pointless issues."

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SecretPolice

@Desmonic said:

lolgreenberg

He'd be right at home here in SW. He is the same dude that said only September, October, November and December mattered, I think lol And this is really just false bravado by him.

The promotions and deals are only for NA (and those likely cost them quite a bit money to make happen), their only concern is to get that region back (in which Sony still has a 700k lead without doing much), in the rest of the world they are getting outsold like crazy.

Considering they won't get the crazy difference in NA they got last gen (some 20 million or more of difference between the X360 and PS3 in that region), winning NA alone won't be nearly enough.

You better step your WW game MS, or all this will accomplish nothing in the long run :P

I never much cared for the guy myself and happy that most of the time it's Phil in the limelight these days. As far as WW sales, I'm sure they are doing whatever they can but me thinks first things first is the right mindset....

Win your Home games at all costs. :P

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SecretPolice

@Aero5555 said:

"We're just making statements that'll drive competition harder and make teenagers argue over pointless issues."

General games discussion is that-a way..... doesn't sound like SW is the place for you. :P

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

they are just getting started? what, so they plan on reducing the price another $150 off and adding 4 free games?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SecretPolice

@FinalFighters said:

they are just getting started? what, so they plan on reducing the price another $150 off and adding 4 free games?

Shat, I hope not cuz I thought I got a great deal buying One for $300.00, man, perhaps I'll hold off opening the box a bit longer and wait for the $200.00 X1, bring it on MS, yeah baby. :P

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Greenberg has a history of delusion and mental illness.

Also we already have an NPD thread.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SecretPolice

@GrenadeLauncher:

This isn't NPD this is Greenberg smack talkin your masters. hehe. :P

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Sounds like Lems better start battening down the hatches for the next 11 months. I smell a no games drought.

MS are so predictable. You get a largely passable system for 10 months out of the year then they blow their load at the holidays. Frankly, this thread isn't even newsworthy as we've already seen one entire generation of this.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SecretPolice

@Shewgenja:

Not the case at all with all the multi's but w/e, cool by me since I'll open my X1 next week and be backlogged with MCC, Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive and GTA 5, all those games offer huge wealth of gaming content which could last me the next 6 - 8 months or moooaaar. :P

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Desmonic  Moderator

@SecretPolice: Remains to be seen if they can win their home turf though :P Remember, Sony is yet to do any major promotions like MS.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SecretPolice

@Desmonic said:

@SecretPolice: Remains to be seen if they can win their home turf though :P Remember, Sony is yet to do any major promotions like MS.

You bet my man, they've all got their work cut out for them since I'm sure even Nintendo will keep trying very hard to once again capture more of the NA market the way the Wii did. Eh, makes it more interesting for SW purposes since it's been kinda dull around here. :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

So this is a confirmation that not only MS has not games for the first half and probably a little beyond that of 2015,but now they will also delay some games with the excuse that they have to many.?

Damn lemming start praying that quantum fake and Halo 5 don't get delay.

All i see here is a company been arrogant and trying to make people think that the xbox one actually outsold the PS4 in a clean head to head fight when it wasn't even close,basically MS plan is clear here try to shift the perception than the PS4 is the preferred consoles,by outselling the unit 2 months and claim the momentum has shift when in reality as son as they hike the price to 399 and stop the free games the xbox one will be back to were it was.

In fact that article claim the xbox one never beat the PS4 in US until now which is totally false the XBO outsold the PS4 in US in December 2013 because sony had a shortage it was a small win but they did win.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SecretPolice

@tormentos: Bite your tongue when saying Halo 5 may get delayed :P

Actually, I am a bit worried about the title since 343 has had to and apparently continues to spend so much time and resources trying to fix MCC.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I can read PR and Marketing. Aaron Greenberg is commenting on old news...but reading between the lines:

$500

$330

$----

Nice, more price drops incoming! :P

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SecretPolice

@SolidTy said:

I can read PR and Marketing.

$500

$330

$----

And don't forget free games as well, thank you based MS eh? :P

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

@SolidTy said:

I can read PR and Marketing. Aaron Greenberg is commenting on old news...but reading between the lines:

$500

$330

$----

And don't forget free games as well, thank you based MS eh? :P

That's right, bundled games on top of the cuts. Good deals.

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

just getting started to get your ass kicked by Uncharted 4,Bloodborne and Zelda

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@Desmonic said:

Don't misquote him. He said that one month in the holiday season brings as many sales as the whole summer season. And look he was right, 1.2 million sales in November.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator

@FastRobby said:

@Desmonic said:

Don't misquote him. He said that one month in the holiday season brings as many sales as the whole summer season. And look he was right, 1.2 million sales in November.

That was Phil I think. Either him or Phil specifically said "the battle is these X months".

-----

Oh, it was Phil alright. My bad, but like I said "I think", I knew it came from someone at MS lol

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@FastRobby said:

@Desmonic said:

But come on, look at what they had to do to get to that figure..

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Statements like this can cost you your job if this doesn't come to fruition.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5844 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@FastRobby said:

@Desmonic said:

They offered deals just like Sony did. In UK (where I'm based) there where stonking deals for both consoles for many weeks and still is.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/hardware/playstation-4-ps4-consoles/?merchname=topnav-_-PS4-_-consolebundles

http://www.game.co.uk/en/hardware/xbox-one-consoles/?merchname=topnav-_-XB1-_-consolebundles

Similar deals for both. So what exactly did they have to do that Sony didn't do as well?

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50536 Posts

Ya, soon they actually will be giving away X1's with the purchase of a couple games!

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Not going to happened! Better luck next gen! PS4 is and will continue to kill The Bone in world wide sale!

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

There's a company goin' 'round takin' names.

An' it decides who to free and who to blame.

Everybody won't be treated all the same.

There'll be a golden ladder reaching down.

When the Xbox One comes around.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SecretPolice

@Chutebox said:

Ya, soon they actually will be giving away X1's with the purchase of a couple games!

Now that's what I'm talkin bout, buy Halo 5 & Quantum Break and get a free X1 :o Great for gamers for sure and I'd replace my 360 on the boat with an X1 for certain. :P

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator

@tdkmillsy: The 1.2 million refers to the NA bro, not the UK. In the NA they cut the price $50 for the whole month (and I think it's still active) + free games + extra $20 drop for the day of Black Friday only.

Sony offered the usual bundles (the regular $399 price + free games).

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By tormentos
@tdkmillsy said:

They offered deals just like Sony did. In UK (where I'm based) there where stonking deals for both consoles for many weeks and still is.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/hardware/playstation-4-ps4-consoles/?merchname=topnav-_-PS4-_-consolebundles

http://www.game.co.uk/en/hardware/xbox-one-consoles/?merchname=topnav-_-XB1-_-consolebundles

Similar deals for both. So what exactly did they have to do that Sony didn't do as well?

That is UK not US and MS was giving up to 5 games there dude..

In US they were not even close.

black friday only $399 with GTA4 + TLOU or LBP3 Lego Batman

The rest of the month the PS4 was $399.

Since November 2 $349 ACU+ACBF xbox one

On Black friday $330 + ACU+ACBF + $50 dollar gift card

Basically you got a damn XBO for $280 with 2 dam games it wasn't even close,because you got a $50 dollar giftcard instantly.

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

Argument instantly kill the XBO remain $349 with 2 game the PS4 is $399 no games.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SecretPolice

What I'm getting out of all this is Sony is ripping people off and need to lower the PS4 to a reasonable more fair price of about $299.99 ASAP and same for Nintendo and the Wii U, should be about $179.99. :P

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

@Shewgenja Oh, look at that, the lems think multiplats are acceptable now.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5844 Posts

It outsold PS4 in UK as well where the deals where the same.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 SecretPolice

Multi's have always been more than acceptable for gens & gens & gens just ask anybody since most of the best ones sell like crazy, heck next to Halo 5, Mass Effect 4 is my most wanted game and I've been saying that for evah. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5a30e101a977c
deactivated-5a30e101a977c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 deactivated-5a30e101a977c
Member since 2006 • 5970 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@FastRobby said:

@Desmonic said:

Offering deals... Oh no who does those crazy things in holiday season :s They dropped the price by 50$, oh oh, that's a discount of 12.5%... Sure they gave a game with it, but those don't even cost Microsoft 20$...

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

Well MS stated a Fact by saying 'we have just started' since they didn't outsell PS4 before... no news there...

Now to continue outselling competition is different story :)

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SecretPolice

@Malta_1980 said:

Well MS stated a Fact by saying 'we have just started' since they didn't outsell PS4 before... no news there...

PS3 owners have been abandoning that console in masses buying PS4's since it launched but watch the heck out when 360 owners start Jumping Ahead mang, it's gonna be a title wave come holidays 2015... just sayin. :P

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

@SecretPolice: I have no problems with X1 keeping a solid momentum in terms of sales..

SoftwareGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#42 SoftwareGeek
Member since 2014 • 573 Posts
@tormentos said:

So this is a confirmation that not only MS has not games for the first half and probably a little beyond that of 2015,but now they will also delay some games with the excuse that they have to many.?

the thing to take away from this is that it takes a looong time to recover from a bad PR debacle. Xbox has the best games. The ps4 has TLOU which I put up there with any game. But let's look at the franchises...

HALO, GOW, TombRaider (looking to be a sys exclusive), Fable, Sunset OD, Quantum Break, Forza, Crackdown and Scalebound (looks promising).

That's a lotta good games right there. Throw in some sports titles and Dragon Age & Shadow of Mordor and there's plenty to keep you occupied for a good while. I just picked up Never Alone and while it's not a AAA huge budget title, I love it.

PS4 has TLOU and Uncharted (similar games) and 5 club. that's it. that's all it has.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SecretPolice

@Malta_1980:

Likewise for me and the other consoles, makes for better gaming when the companies in the biz do well and can afford more risk taking. :)

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tormentos

@SecretPolice said:

@Malta_1980 said:

PS3 owners have been abandoning that console in masses buying PS4's since it launched but watch the heck out when 360 owners start Jumping Ahead mang, it's gonna be a title wave come holidays 2015... just sayin. :P

Come on man that is Stormy joe pathetic excuse the xbox 360 owners are not waiting to jump on xbox 360,and PS3 fans are not just jumping faster,MS screw up and people don't want and xbox period it is selling because well it is a good deal at $349 with 2 games when the competition is selling for $399 with no games.

Even the original xbox outsold the PS2 by a $50 price drop and the PS2 was just $199 at that point.

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Desmonic  Moderator

@FastRobby: + Free Games + Extra $20 off on Black Friday. So you (or anyone else) could in theory buy an XB1 for $70 less ($329) + whatever game(s) on Black Friday. It's quite a bit far from "regular promotions". It was extreme because it needed to be extreme.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#46  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

@softwaregeek said:
@tormentos said:

the thing to take away from this is that it takes a looong time to recover from a bad PR debacle. Xbox has the best games. The ps4 has TLOU which I put up there with any game. But let's look at the franchises...

HALO, GOW, TombRaider (looking to be a sys exclusive), Fable, Sunset OD, Quantum Break, Forza, Crackdown and Scalebound (looks promising).

That's a lotta good games right there. Throw in some sports titles and Dragon Age & Shadow of Mordor and there's plenty to keep you occupied for a good while. I just picked up Never Alone and while it's not a AAA huge budget title, I love it.

PS4 has TLOU and Uncharted (similar games) and 5 club. that's it. that's all it has.

If you're gonna name shit like Scalebound, Fable, Quantum Break and Crackdown you also have to mention Street Fighter V, Bloodborne, Persona 5 and Uncharted 4, among others...

Not trying to say that the Xbox doesn't have some nice franchises. It does. But let's face it, the PS4 is about to receive some ridiculous heavy-hitters. I mean, for real. The hype meters are about to explode.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SecretPolice

@tormentos:

No freakin way man, give credit where it's due, I started that notion around these parts my man. :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By tormentos

@softwaregeek said:
@tormentos said:

The xbox one doesn't have the best games it has had a lackluster year just like the PS4.

Tomb Raider is not exclusive and people don't care about Halo any more look at MCC it barely make it into the top 10 of November and in UK it is been outsold by Drive Club which is months older.

SO flopped as well sales wise.

Crackdown was never that big,and quantum brake could face the same fate SO did.

Problem is the games you mention are mixed,with 2014 with 2015 and some which already were 2016 or pass that like Gears,and crackdown.

You name TLOU and Uncharted as the only thing the PS4 has,wow man you surely are unbiased..lol

I guess the Order and Bloodborn got cancel damn to bad for sony...lol

Then you name SOM and DA which are superior on PS4 and multiplatforms...hahahaha

damn..

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

More Cow tears in this thread.

Its all about price right now.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SecretPolice

@kuu2 said:

More Cow tears in this thread.

Its all about price right now.

Tears.... Haven't seen anything yet....

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5-spectator-mode-included-in-beta-but-it-won-/1100-6424219/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/microsoft-wants-halo-to-last-another-30-years/1100-6424217/

And I wonder when UC4 will have a beta since I keep hearing in SW it's a 2015 launch game.... hehe :P

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/halo-5since ya know, it's launch-multiplayer-beta-menu-revealed/1100-6424222/