Xbox One orders SURGE at GameStop after price drop \o/\o/

  • 99 results
  • 1
  • 2
#51 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152312 posts) -

Nothing has been working well for MS this gen. Nothing.

#52 Posted by Merex760 (4337 posts) -

Who would of thought? People didn't want that shitty gimmick forced on them. Get rid of the shit, and people buy it. Too bad Microsoft didn't figure that out months ago. Better late than never I suppose.

#53 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10944 posts) -

All though I disagreed with this move it looks like it's helping. I just think they should have gave this option at launch, they would be sitting pretty right now.

#54 Edited by littlestreakier (2949 posts) -

This is expected. People were asking MS to drop Kinect because of the NSA for a while now. Also, because they didn't want to pay the premium for Kinect. So MS was able to "kill two birds with one stone".

I personally think they should've just ate the cost of Kinect to make sure dev will develope games with Kinect in mind. But, we'll see what happens...

#55 Edited by Speak_Low (1258 posts) -

Notice the less they try to be like casual-stalking Nintendo and the more they try to streamline it like PS4, how immediately better things get?

That said, I could see why MS attempted to make Kinect 2 a big thing. It just didn't work and we see further evidence of this with the Wii U and Nintendo crash. Maybe in 2010 it would've been a different story for Kinect 2.0, but the same result would've happened anyways. Casual gaming for home consoles is mostly gone today. And if a steady supply of compelling software isn't available earlier and nearer to launch, consumers just won't care this time.

This is why Iwata will keep saying "one game can change everything" and keep on losing. Because the more you wait, the more consumers will buy other consoles, which greatly decreases your chances of them buying your console (and making comebacks near impossible with each passing year).

Whatta dummy!

#56 Posted by kuu2 (7912 posts) -

Not convinced that dropping The One $100 will be boon for sales but we will see soon.

#57 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

I remember Gamespot said Xbone pre-orders surged after they dropped the DRM. Didn't help them in the long run.

#59 Edited by Sweenix (5957 posts) -

Who cares

#60 Posted by lamprey263 (25405 posts) -

now lets hope MS can deliver with a spectacular E3 to give people reasons to want to get one

#61 Posted by Assassin_87 (2324 posts) -

I'm not surprised. $399 is a great price for a great product. I bought both a PS4 and Xbox One at launch (bad idea...) and ended up selling the One after a few sessions with Ryse and Forza 5. The good thing is, I only had it for a few days and sold it when the hype was still huge so I got more than a return on my investment.

Anyway, with that price drop and Kinect no longer being packed in I may yet buy another one. Though I'll be waiting for Halo 5, among other things.

#62 Edited by FoxbatAlpha (8856 posts) -

This is great news for me since I am remodeling my work office. A kinectless ONE will fit perfect there. Expect a full thread once I am finished!!!

#63 Posted by The_Last_Ride (74278 posts) -

is it really that surprising?

#64 Edited by TheEroica (14411 posts) -

I'm getting one... why wouldn't I... it will more than warrant a purchase over the next 5-10 years...

the system wars is dead. 2 identical consoles and Nintendo in a dark lonely closet.... congrats corporate fat cats... you've destroyed our fun.

#65 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

"Hey, is that a Kinectless Xbone?" "Yes." "Oh."

PRESS STATEMENT FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: INTEREST IN XBONES INCREASE SIGNIFICANTLY

#66 Posted by delta3074 (18819 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

Xflop will still lose the June NPD. Worldwide will continue to be a joke.

your crystal ball is broken,lol

#67 Posted by DocSanchez (2269 posts) -

Good. People paying for what it's worth. Imagine if they hadn't tried to force kinect on people from the start.

#68 Edited by hockeyruler12 (8115 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Well I guess going from 1 to 5 is a surge

Selling 5x as many as they are now would put it far ahead of the PS4...

#69 Edited by hockeyruler12 (8115 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

Not convinced that dropping The One $100 will be boon for sales but we will see soon.

I think it absolutely depends on E3. If they can win some of the hardcore gamers over with their announcements then more people will bite.

#70 Posted by magicalclick (23759 posts) -

Hope to see Kinect sold with free Kinect game like it used to. The old setup was much more appealing because you buy Kinect with a free game, the game was also good. This Gen, you get Kinect with console without a free game. So, basically Kinect is collecting dust and the kinect game wasn't as good as last Gen.

#71 Posted by magicalclick (23759 posts) -

Hope to see Kinect sold with free Kinect game like it used to. The old setup was much more appealing because you buy Kinect with a free game, the game was also good. This Gen, you get Kinect with console without a free game. So, basically Kinect is collecting dust and the kinect game wasn't as good as last Gen.

#72 Posted by blackace (21378 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

Who cares

You cared enough to come on here and post a troll comment. lol!!

#73 Posted by StrongBlackVine (9468 posts) -

@delta3074 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

Xflop will still lose the June NPD. Worldwide will continue to be a joke.

your crystal ball is broken,lol

I guarantee you said the same thing about March and Titanfall.

#74 Posted by delta3074 (18819 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@delta3074 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

Xflop will still lose the June NPD. Worldwide will continue to be a joke.

your crystal ball is broken,lol

I guarantee you said the same thing about March and Titanfall.

What? i never mentioned anything about March and titanfall, what are you reffering too?

#75 Posted by osirisx3 (2024 posts) -

just buy a pc consoles are a waste of money.

#76 Posted by dreamdude (4619 posts) -

It's actually something I would buy now.

#77 Posted by lundy86_4 (44203 posts) -

@osirisx3 said:

just buy a pc consoles are a waste of money.

Nope.

#78 Posted by Nengo_Flow (10421 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

Still have no desire to buy a X1.

#79 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (6995 posts) -

Yeah not surprising... it's good to see but. It's best for everyone if it's a close race all gen, instead of one console outselling the other massively.

#80 Edited by MirkoS77 (8192 posts) -

Depends on what MS has to show at E3 that will determine whether I drop down on a One or not. I'm still pissed at them for their DRM bullshit they attempted.

#81 Posted by lundy86_4 (44203 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

Depends on what MS has to show at E3 that will determine whether I drop down on a One or not. I'm still pissed at them for their DRM bullshit they attempted.

Why are you pissed? It was a poor decision, but i'd be happy that public conviction quickly changed their tune. They've made a number of good decisions lately.

It's still pricey, but the X1 is a decent machine. Still not enough to edge out the PS4 looking ahead (IMO).

#82 Edited by LJS9502_basic (152312 posts) -
@lundy86_4 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Depends on what MS has to show at E3 that will determine whether I drop down on a One or not. I'm still pissed at them for their DRM bullshit they attempted.

Why are you pissed? It was a poor decision, but i'd be happy that public conviction quickly changed their tune. They've made a number of good decisions lately.

It's still pricey, but the X1 is a decent machine. Still not enough to edge out the PS4 looking ahead (IMO).

Then why is it decent? Why settle for second best? By your own admission there is better out there....

#83 Posted by MirkoS77 (8192 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Depends on what MS has to show at E3 that will determine whether I drop down on a One or not. I'm still pissed at them for their DRM bullshit they attempted.

Why are you pissed? It was a poor decision, but i'd be happy that public conviction quickly changed their tune. They've made a number of good decisions lately.

It's still pricey, but the X1 is a decent machine. Still not enough to edge out the PS4 looking ahead (IMO).

I'm pissed because what they tried. Yea, they've gone 180 on it, but what assurance do I have they won't do the same when a decent user-base has been established? I don't think they believe they made a mistake at all. They admitted themselves they think the only thing they did wrong was their approach, not the policy themselves, which says to me they're going to try to re-implement the DRM at some point.

I don't trust them.

#84 Edited by lundy86_4 (44203 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Depends on what MS has to show at E3 that will determine whether I drop down on a One or not. I'm still pissed at them for their DRM bullshit they attempted.

Why are you pissed? It was a poor decision, but i'd be happy that public conviction quickly changed their tune. They've made a number of good decisions lately.

It's still pricey, but the X1 is a decent machine. Still not enough to edge out the PS4 looking ahead (IMO).

I'm pissed because what they tried. Yea, they've gone 180 on it, but what assurance do I have they won't do the same when a decent user-base has been established? I don't think they believe they made a mistake at all. They admitted themselves they think the only thing they did wrong was their approach, not the policy themselves, which says to me they're going to try to re-implement the DRM at some point.

I don't trust them.

Why would you trust any company? Personally, I only trust people that I know well, and only sparingly. This seems a little deep-seeded.

If they do make a turnaround, then sell on your X1 and cry about it on forums.

----

I dunno, this just seems like someone tripping over the minor flaws in their Sweet 16.

Loading Video...

#85 Edited by MirkoS77 (8192 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Depends on what MS has to show at E3 that will determine whether I drop down on a One or not. I'm still pissed at them for their DRM bullshit they attempted.

Why are you pissed? It was a poor decision, but i'd be happy that public conviction quickly changed their tune. They've made a number of good decisions lately.

It's still pricey, but the X1 is a decent machine. Still not enough to edge out the PS4 looking ahead (IMO).

I'm pissed because what they tried. Yea, they've gone 180 on it, but what assurance do I have they won't do the same when a decent user-base has been established? I don't think they believe they made a mistake at all. They admitted themselves they think the only thing they did wrong was their approach, not the policy themselves, which says to me they're going to try to re-implement the DRM at some point.

I don't trust them.

Why would you trust any company? Personally, I only trust people that I know well, and only sparingly. This seems a little deep-seeded.

If they do make a turnaround, then sell on your X1 and cry about it on forums.

----

I dunno, this just seems like someone tripping over the minor flaws in their Sweet 16.

Loading Video...

Trusting in a company is not unheard of. Many people do.

And if they do it, then I cry on the forums? Then they would've already gotten my money, kinda defeats the point doesn't it?

#86 Edited by lundy86_4 (44203 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

Trusting in a company is not unheard of. Many people do.

And if they do it, then I cry on the forums? Then they would've already gotten my money, kinda defeats the point doesn't it?

Does "many people" have a number? At the end of the day, why trust in a company that is out there to make money? I'm not saying they cannot please consumers, but at the end of the day, a bottom line is a bottom line.

Yes and no. Your money isn't overly worth their time. Money en masse, is. It's the whole "vote with your dollar" dilemma. It isn't an issue to the companies, unless it is done en masse. It eventually comes down to the individual and their complaints, thus your post. Just enjoy what they offer (unless they literally steal your money).

#87 Edited by MirkoS77 (8192 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Trusting in a company is not unheard of. Many people do.

And if they do it, then I cry on the forums? Then they would've already gotten my money, kinda defeats the point doesn't it?

Does "many people" have a number? At the end of the day, why trust in a company that is out there to make money? I'm not saying they cannot please consumers, but at the end of the day, a bottom line is a bottom line.

Yes and no. Your money isn't overly worth their time. Money en masse, is. It's the whole "vote with your dollar" dilemma. It isn't an issue to the companies, unless it is done en masse. It eventually comes down to the individual and their complaints, thus your post. Just enjoy what they offer (unless they literally steal your money).

Regardless, it matters to me where my money goes. Mind you I'm not entirely against getting a One, E3 will either go a long way towards getting one or not, but right now what they've done is not quite enough.

And when I say trust, I mean it not so much in a sense of betrayal as a sense of confidence.

#88 Edited by lundy86_4 (44203 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

Regardless, it matters to me where my money goes. Mind you I'm not entirely against getting a One, E3 will either go a long way towards getting one or not, but right now what they've done is not quite enough.

And when I say trust, I mean it not so much in a sense of betrayal as a sense of confidence.

So, does it boil down to the amount of enjoyment you get per dollar? Your grievances are based on a decision the company made, and changed, but you won't dip because you are scared they will 180. At the end of the day, you have to grow a set, and understand that it is a business. If they break the law, then hell fuckin' yeah, get on their case. If we were talking tens of thousands of dollars, i'd give a shit. This is $400... Come on. Get on that almighty camel and ride it into the sands of "why do we give a shit?"

Wouldn't confidence build as a company makes smart business decisions? At the end of the day, enjoy what you can, and chuck it if it ever becomes a burden. TV stations do it, movie publishers do it, people do it.

#89 Posted by ironcreed (14083 posts) -

Price was the largest stone still hanging around their neck, so it is no surprise to see more interest. Almost time for me to grab one myself.

#90 Edited by MirkoS77 (8192 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Regardless, it matters to me where my money goes. Mind you I'm not entirely against getting a One, E3 will either go a long way towards getting one or not, but right now what they've done is not quite enough.

And when I say trust, I mean it not so much in a sense of betrayal as a sense of confidence.

So, does it boil down to the amount of enjoyment you get per dollar? Your grievances are based on a decision the company made, and changed, but you won't dip because you are scared they will 180. At the end of the day, you have to grow a set, and understand that it is a business. If they break the law, then hell fuckin' yeah, get on their case. If we were talking tens of thousands of dollars, i'd give a shit. This is $400... Come on. Get on that almighty camel and ride it into the sands of "why do we give a shit?"

Wouldn't confidence build as a company makes smart business decisions? At the end of the day, enjoy what you can, and chuck it if it ever becomes a burden. TV stations do it, movie publishers do it, people do it.

It is building.

This is $400? Way to see the trees and miss the forest. No, this is about not supporting a company that attempted to strip long-held rights out of my (and others) hands and impose draconian limitations that would've fundamentally altered the way games are enjoyed from that point on had it not been rejected, "en masse", by me and consumers who actually had a pair that jumped up and rode that camel directly not out into the sands of, "why do we give a shit?", but more to the tune of "fuck off and take a hike" territory.

And rightly so. Forgive me for being only a little bit hesitant with my money here. What MS tried was not something to be taken lightly, and what point is there to chuck it when the "burden"'s been already had and a lot lost? It held massive ramifications for the industry and consumers alike. If you fail (or refuse) to see that, then there's not much more I have to say to you.

#91 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (2462 posts) -

@tymeservesfate said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

Xflop will still lose the June NPD. Worldwide will continue to be a joke.

wow....really...you think its going to lose June as well? i'd be real surprised by that.

If xbox still lose june after price cut this probably biggest ownage in history of gaming. MS probably even show 3 halo games to get lem hype.

Store sell should improve since many have zero sale of xbone before.

#92 Edited by coasterguy65 (6253 posts) -

They should have offered this version of the Xbone as soon as they admitted the Kinect wasn't a needed part of the Xbone.

Hopefully it will be a tight race though this generation. Sony already seems to be getting lazy with updating the PS4. So maybe the Bone becoming more competitive might keep Sony on their toes.

#93 Edited by lundy86_4 (44203 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

It is building.

This is $400? Way to see the trees and miss the forest. No, this is about not supporting a company that attempted to strip long-held rights out of my (and others) hands and impose draconian limitations that would've fundamentally altered the way games are enjoyed from that point on had it not been rejected, "en masse", by me and consumers who actually had a pair that jumped up and rode that camel directly not out into the sands of, "why do we give a shit?", but more to the tune of "fuck off and take a hike" territory.

And rightly so. Forgive me for being only a little bit hesitant with my money here. What MS tried was not something to be taken lightly, and what point is there to chuck it when the "burden"'s been already had and a lot lost? It held massive ramifications for the industry and consumers alike. If you fail (or refuse) to see that, then there's not much more I have to say to you.

I got the point. I've honed in on it quite effectively, but the price-point does reign supreme. If we were talking thousands of dollars, i'd understand and support your inability to support MS. However, we aren't. It's $400. Dude, using hyperbolic English isn't exactly helping your case. It's just showing that you need to add dramatic effect to what MS did. At the end of the day, they changed much of their initial standing. I'm surprised that one could not offer the same courtesy. You still need to see the fact that you are talking of altered "future" events... The terms "would've" plays into that.

Now, given your rather stylish retort of my points, I offer kudos. Quite excellent. You are quite correct that individuals retorted en masse to MS, which is a point I made rather clear. That being said, you are continuing to hold your grudge, on the hope that they would further offer you promise, to which you would cry "that is not enough, my knickers are in a right old twist..."

The point lies in the fact that you are not willing to forgive their transgressions, which further gives merit to my point about "trusting" a company. You refer to the fact that you aren't willing to trust a company, but when all you are investing is a $400 investment (which you could largely get back once trading/selling) your contrivances ring rather hollow.

----

If you don't want to buy it, because you're a salty old bugger, who can't get over shit, then coolio. Just say that you hate MS, because they diddled someone you love in the past, and you can't get over it. That's all good, yo.

#94 Edited by W1NGMAN- (9962 posts) -

I don't expect either console to do all that great in the month of June.

#95 Posted by MirkoS77 (8192 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

It is building.

This is $400? Way to see the trees and miss the forest. No, this is about not supporting a company that attempted to strip long-held rights out of my (and others) hands and impose draconian limitations that would've fundamentally altered the way games are enjoyed from that point on had it not been rejected, "en masse", by me and consumers who actually had a pair that jumped up and rode that camel directly not out into the sands of, "why do we give a shit?", but more to the tune of "fuck off and take a hike" territory.

And rightly so. Forgive me for being only a little bit hesitant with my money here. What MS tried was not something to be taken lightly, and what point is there to chuck it when the "burden"'s been already had and a lot lost? It held massive ramifications for the industry and consumers alike. If you fail (or refuse) to see that, then there's not much more I have to say to you.

I got the point. I've honed in on it quite effectively, but the price-point does reign supreme. If we were talking thousands of dollars, i'd understand and support your inability to support MS. However, we aren't. It's $400. Dude, using hyperbolic English isn't exactly helping your case. It's just showing that you need to add dramatic effect to what MS did. At the end of the day, they changed much of their initial standing. I'm surprised that one could not offer the same courtesy. You still need to see the fact that you are talking of altered "future" events... The terms "would've" plays into that.

Now, given your rather stylish retort of my points, I offer kudos. Quite excellent. You are quite correct that individuals retorted en masse to MS, which is a point I made rather clear. That being said, you are continuing to hold your grudge, on the hope that they would further offer you promise, to which you would cry "that is not enough, my knickers are in a right old twist..."

The point lies in the fact that you are not willing to forgive their transgressions, which further gives merit to my point about "trusting" a company. You refer to the fact that you aren't willing to trust a company, but when all you are investing is a $400 investment (which you could largely get back once trading/selling) your contrivances ring rather hollow.

----

If you don't want to buy it, because you're a salty old bugger, who can't get over shit, then coolio. Just say that you hate MS, because they diddled someone you love in the past, and you can't get over it. That's all good, yo.

I don't know what you do for a living but putting aside my other grievances with MS for the moment, $400 is a lot of money to me. But that's besides my point. You don't seem to be seeing it, so let me elaborate: it's not so much about MS as it is about the direction they were trying to go and what it meant. I'm not being hyperbolic in what I said, it's the truth, and no added dramatic effect is needed even had I used it to over-emphasize the relevance of what occurred. It would've (and would've does matter because what's to say it can't still happen?) changed a lot of things had it been embraced and supported, things that I'm not too keen on.

My point does not ring hollow because my money supporting a company that tries what MS did extends far past my wallet. And I don't hate MS, in fact I've already stated I may still buy a One depending. Thing is, I just love gaming and can't abide the direction MS was going and last E3 still lingers in the back on my mind. Again, this is more about just money and me.

Anyway, let's put this to rest. I hear what you're saying.

#96 Posted by lundy86_4 (44203 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

I don't know what you do for a living but putting aside my other grievances with MS for the moment, $400 is a lot of money to me. But that's besides my point. You don't seem to be seeing it, so let me elaborate: it's not so much about MS as it is about the direction they were trying to go and what it meant. I'm not being hyperbolic in what I said, it's the truth, and no added dramatic effect is needed even had I used it to over-emphasize the relevance of what occurred. It would've (and would've does matter because what's to say it can't still happen?) changed a lot of things had it been embraced and supported, things that I'm not too keen on.

My point does not ring hollow because my money supporting a company that tries what MS did extends far past my wallet. And I don't hate MS, in fact I've already stated I may still buy a One depending. Thing is, I just love gaming and can't abide the direction MS was going and last E3 still lingers in the back on my mind. Again, this is more about just money and me.

Anyway, let's put this to rest. I hear what you're saying.

Bro, ATM I move furniture. I'm going into policing, but I do not make a lot of money. Trust me, yo. I completely understand that it was the direction they were taking that annoyed you, as i've said that it was much of their initial standing that has provoked you to stay away. The way you said it was hyperbolic, not necessarily the context of what you stated. Saying they are long-held rights is relatively correct , yet they are largely nullified in the modern-era of digital-fucking-everything.

How does it ring far past your wallet? If you are talking about others taking up your cause, then i'd agree... To an extent. People are turning around with MS, as Gamestop have recently stated with the pricedrop.

Same here, yo. I kind of understand where you're coming from. Barring my language, it's been pretty constructive on both sides. I commend your maturity. Don't worry about responding, as like you have said, let's put it to rest. I have a baptism to attend tomorrow. My maturity lacks, as i'm admittedly drunk :P

#97 Edited by MirkoS77 (8192 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

I don't know what you do for a living but putting aside my other grievances with MS for the moment, $400 is a lot of money to me. But that's besides my point. You don't seem to be seeing it, so let me elaborate: it's not so much about MS as it is about the direction they were trying to go and what it meant. I'm not being hyperbolic in what I said, it's the truth, and no added dramatic effect is needed even had I used it to over-emphasize the relevance of what occurred. It would've (and would've does matter because what's to say it can't still happen?) changed a lot of things had it been embraced and supported, things that I'm not too keen on.

My point does not ring hollow because my money supporting a company that tries what MS did extends far past my wallet. And I don't hate MS, in fact I've already stated I may still buy a One depending. Thing is, I just love gaming and can't abide the direction MS was going and last E3 still lingers in the back on my mind. Again, this is more about just money and me.

Anyway, let's put this to rest. I hear what you're saying.

Bro, ATM I move furniture. I'm going into policing, but I do not make a lot of money. Trust me, yo. I completely understand that it was the direction they were taking that annoyed you, as i've said that it was much of their initial standing that has provoked you to stay away. The way you said it was hyperbolic, not necessarily the context of what you stated. Saying they are long-held rights is relatively correct , yet they are largely nullified in the modern-era of digital-fucking-everything.

How does it ring far past your wallet? If you are talking about others taking up your cause, then i'd agree... To an extent. People are turning around with MS, as Gamestop have recently stated with the pricedrop.

Same here, yo. I kind of understand where you're coming from. Barring my language, it's been pretty constructive on both sides. I commend your maturity. Don't worry about responding, as like you have said, let's put it to rest. I have a baptism to attend tomorrow. My maturity lacks, as i'm admittedly drunk :P

No worries......I'm on the downslope of drunkedness myself. :)

#98 Posted by getyeryayasout (8412 posts) -

MS should've been really aggressive and dropped to $379 or even $350 to undercut Sony. I'm actually a little surprised that they didn't, but perhaps they didn't want to appear weak.

#99 Posted by cainetao11 (19284 posts) -

I stick by my prediction. PS wins sales race this gen handily, but the X1 still sells a respectable 50+million for the gen. I actually trade stocks so I win regardless.

#100 Edited by Krelian-co (12708 posts) -

let's see if NPD numbers agree with you.