Xbox One orders SURGE at GameStop after price drop \o/\o/

• 99 results
#1 Edited by tymeservesfate (1945 posts) -

http://www.ibtimes.com/xbox-one-without-kinect-gamestop-seeing-high-demand-will-price-cut-increase-sales-1589356#.U39sTd3UjWE.twitter

"Gaming retailer GameStop is already benefitting from the Kinect-less Xbox One price drop announced last week. Though Microsoft’s console hit shelves last November for $499, the Redmond, Washington-based multimedia brand will launch the device without the Kinect for $100 less than its original price this summer.

During a post-earnings financial call for the popular video game chain, GameStop president Tony Bartel announced that the Grapevine, Texas-based retailer is already seeing a strong demand for the Kinect-less Xbox One.

"I definitely think we're already seeing in our stores with our reservation program as well as dialogue with PowerUp Rewards [members that] there's a stronger demand as a result of the price drop," Bartel claimed. "The good news for us is ... we'll sell a lot more units."

"And that means there will be more Xbox One units out there to put software on," Bartel added.

The $100 price reduction will put the Xbox One at the same price as Sony’s PlayStation 4, which launched last Nov. 15, one week prior to the launch of the Xbox One. Sony has called the PS4 launch its most successful launch, with 7 million units sold as of last month.

Microsoft announced last week that it would offer the Xbox One without the motion sensor device for $399 on June 9.

"Your feedback matters to us and it shapes the products and services we build," Xbox head Phil Spencer said when he announced the price cut."

good news for Microsoft...will cows DC? lets watch...

#3 Posted by lostrib (37552 posts) -

Well I guess going from 1 to 5 is a surge

#4 Posted by Ballroompirate (23021 posts) -

Still have no desire to buy a X1.

#5 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

Expected! Told you so to the lems that said this was a horrible decision, and would affect them negatively.

#6 Edited by freedomfreak (40883 posts) -

#7 Posted by lostrib (37552 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

Expected! Told you so to the lems that said this was a horrible decision, and would affect them negatively.

I don't think they were talking about sales

#8 Edited by tymeservesfate (1945 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

lmao...sad, yah see, FF is in a region of the world that has been largely irrelevant for decades. so he comes on this forum to play like he's the man. go to it FF....show us how awesome you are lol.

#9 Edited by lundy86_4 (43515 posts) -

Not overly surprising, but decent news for MS. I expect that Canada will help with those figures, considering the PS4/X1 price disparity. The June NPD could be interesting.

#10 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

Xflop will still lose the June NPD. Worldwide will continue to be a joke.

#11 Posted by tymeservesfate (1945 posts) -
@StrongBlackVine said:

wow....really...you think its going to lose June as well? i'd be real surprised by that.

#12 Posted by freedomfreak (40883 posts) -
@tymeservesfate said:

lmao...sad, yah see, FF is in a region of the world that has been largely irrelevant for decades. so he comes on this forum to play like he's the man. go to it FF....show us how awesome you are lol.

Oh boy, I just noticed who you are. You're the fella that was PM'ing me.

You're weird.

#13 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16000 posts) -

Can we come back to this prediction after the June NPD thread?

Obviously, May NPDs are a lost cause.

#15 Posted by Heil68 (45125 posts) -

I would hope so MS has tried to keep up with SONY for the last year.

#16 Posted by aroxx_ab (10018 posts) -

Best move MS done, no1 wants that kinect gimmick. Will maybe even buy it when new Halo game coming

#17 Posted by misterpmedia (3468 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

#18 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@tymeservesfate: People were absolutely sure Xbone would win March with Titanfall and price cuts galore. Also the Xbox One sales were pathetic in April. I don't simply dropping the price to parity is going change things completely.

#19 Edited by tymeservesfate (1945 posts) -

@Desmonic: cmon desmoronic...im in a few theeads a week. You're in every damn one lmao. Stop lying to urself.

@freedomfreak said:

@tymeservesfate said:

Oh boy, I just noticed who you are. You're the fella that was PM'ing me.

You're weird.

HA! Yea I can see u being cool with that weirdo. Two ladies men that occasionally flirt with men lol. N please Sweden...I haven't even spoken to u in months.

#20 Posted by freedomfreak (40883 posts) -
@tymeservesfate said:

HA! Yea I can see u being cool with that weirdo. Two ladies men that occasionally flirt with men lol. N please Sweden...I haven't even spoken to u in months.

I don't even know what you're saying, man.

@Desmonic You called it.

#21 Posted by tymeservesfate (1945 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@tymeservesfate said:

I don't even know what you're saying, man.

@Desmonic You called it.

Lmao....moving along then. Wat do you think about this order surge friend O_O??

#22 Edited by freedomfreak (40883 posts) -
@tymeservesfate said:

Lmao....moving along then. Wat do you think about this order surge friend O_O??

Good for MS. Good for me.

I have to pay less to get access to the games I was interested in.

#23 Posted by vincent380 (2243 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@Ballroompirate said:

#25 Edited by tymeservesfate (1945 posts) -

@freedomfreak: well thats just great.

@StrongBlackVine said:

@tymeservesfate: People were absolutely sure Xbone would win March with Titanfall and price cuts galore. Also the Xbox One sales were pathetic in April. I don't simply dropping the price to parity is going change things completely.

Yea, thats true.,.kind of, thebXB1 never really sold horribly. It just hasn't sold better than the ps4. To call them pathetic sales is a bit of a stretch. But I admit...I thought Titanfall was going to push a lot more units lol.

#26 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14406 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@Ballroompirate said:

#27 Edited by TheTruthIsREAL (761 posts) -

This just shows that people were waiting for a price drop of the overly expensive console. Microsoft really needed a price cut to keep up with the PS4 momentum.

#28 Edited by finalstar2007 (25271 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

Not overly surprising, but decent news for MS. I expect that Canada will help with those figures, considering the PS4/X1 price disparity. The June NPD could be interesting.

Its actually pretty hilarious now that you mentioned the Canadian prices i mean its been what? a week since the announcement of the lulz worthy price drop? and xbox is still not even in the top 40 best selling items.

i mean for the xbox to be $50 less than in PS4 in Canada you'd think it would be selling higher than the ps4 but nope :P

its like it dosent even exist in the U.S amazon btw lol

#29 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11412 posts) -

I hope it does well, despite all the hate it gets around here and its obvious flaws it still a very good console and it has some great games coming up.

#30 Posted by magicalclick (22783 posts) -

Not going to buy it because I already have one.

#31 Edited by Kjranu (1029 posts) -

Hardly surprising that everyone was waiting for Kinect to become optional.

#32 Posted by VERTIGO47 (6276 posts) -

Obviously.

#33 Edited by Wasdie (50000 posts) -

Good. Shows them they can't get cocky and force crap on people they don't want for a higher price.

#34 Posted by jsmoke03 (12923 posts) -

"surge" did i miss something? increased and surge give a different impression. off course npd will judge the end result. june is when they win a month

but what are they going to do with the kinect bundled xb1's?

#35 Posted by Zero_epyon (5266 posts) -

@misterpmedia said:

@Ballroompirate said:

This. After last gen, MS isn't getting any more of my money.

#36 Posted by gago-gago (9531 posts) -

Price is one of the biggest factors in choosing any electronics for consumers. Sure this will boost sales overall but I'm not sure how much since there still the One w/Kinect for a hundred more still in retail that might continue to turn off people with the price.

#37 Edited by tacoma1972 (180 posts) -

hahahahahah..................... a surge. You lems are desperate for some good news. I am sure the sales have picked up but I doubt its a surge. There sure has not been a surge on Amazon. ;)

Xbone will loose june on NDP.

I would love it if Sony either packs a game in with the PS4 (Last of Us Remastered) just to kick M$ right in the nuts. Or wait until 6-8 weeks before Christmas and drop their price. That would be epic.

#38 Edited by Spitfire-Six (522 posts) -

@Zero_epyon said:

@misterpmedia said:

@Ballroompirate said:

haha thats what i said about sony

#39 Edited by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

This will be interesting to see. After Titanfall failed to help MSFT win that month it launched, it's likely they'll still sell less than Sony.

#40 Posted by Zero_epyon (5266 posts) -

@spitfire-six said:

@Zero_epyon said:

@misterpmedia said:

@Ballroompirate said:

haha thats what i said about sony

hehe I guess everyone has their reasons.

#41 Posted by blackace (20865 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

Selling more units is a negative? lol!!

#42 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

@blackace said:

@ladyblue said:

Terrible reading comprehension, though I don't expect much from you. lol

Read it again, this time slower, and think things true.

#43 Edited by blackace (20865 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@blackace said:

@ladyblue said:

Terrible grammer!! Your sentence doesn't make much sense. It's a run on sentence for one. The thread is about a surge in XB1 preorders. So I'm assuming that's what you're referring to. What decision is a horrible decision? Releasing a new SKU without Kinect for $399 is a horrible decision? lol!! Why wouldn't lems want that?

#44 Posted by hehe101 (783 posts) -

Great news !

#45 Edited by sibu_xgamer (339 posts) -

The PS4 is still the better machine so I expect the PS4 to keep ahead on june NPD and worldwide (well that one is a no brainer).

#46 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

@blackace said:

@ladyblue said:

@blackace said:

@ladyblue said:

Terrible grammer!! Your sentence doesn't make much sense. It's a run on sentence for one. The thread is about a surge in XB1 preorders. So I'm assuming that's what you're referring to. What decision is a horrible decision? Releasing a new SKU without Kinect for $399 is a horrible decision? lol!! Why wouldn't lems want that?

lostrib got it seems you can't read.

Lems whined about it being a terrible decision, I told them it was a great decision.

I can almost feel your hurt oozing from my monitor. lol Paranoia has gotten to you.

#47 Edited by blackace (20865 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@blackace said:

@ladyblue said:

@blackace said:

@ladyblue said:

lostrib got it seems you can't read.

Lems whined about it being a terrible decision, I told them it was a great decision.

I can almost feel your hurt oozing from my monitor. lol Paranoia has gotten to you.

I haven't heard any lems saying it was a bad idea to release a Kinectless XB1 SKU. Who was saying this? You have names or a link to them? It probably were Cows saying this if anything.

You told them it was a GREAT DECISION that would affect them NEGATIVELY. How is this affecting them negatively? lol!! Please stop owning yourself.

#48 Posted by LadyBlue (3929 posts) -

@blackace said:

I haven't heard any lems saying it was a bad idea to release a Kinectless XB1 SKU. Who was saying this? You have names or a link to them? It probably were Cows saying this if anything.

You told them it was a GREAT DECISION that would affect them NEGATIVELY. How is this affecting them negatively? lol!! Please stop owning yourself.

You are beyond saving at this point. I was in favor of the price drop. xD

http://i.imgur.com/wR5VZQd.png

here safe yourself some embarrassment, and pretend you dint get pummeled.. or better yet, get in here with your other account so I can pummel two for the price of one. lol paranoid troll

#49 Posted by BPoole96 (22802 posts) -

It will be really funny when the Xbox One still loses the June NPD to the PS4. I can't imagine why people would want to buy a weaker console with an identity criss over the behemoth powerhouse that is the PS4

#50 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Lems hyping themselves up for failure again. You guys are forgetting the last time you hyped a sales resurgence you ended up getting owned in March and Titanflop failing to be a system seller. June NPD should be interesting, I'm bookmarking this thread for future ownage.