XBOX ONE OR PS4? Which console will you buy this summer

  • 72 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for poorgrain64413
Posted by poorgrain64413 (25 posts) 2 years, 5 months ago

Poll: XBOX ONE OR PS4? Which console will you buy this summer (86 votes)

XBOX ONE 34%
PLAYSTATION 4 65%
Avatar image for bezza2011
#51 Edited by bezza2011 (2729 posts) -

@sailor232 said:

Xbox one, just seems like it is being supported far more in these early stages.

Can you please state some facts on this, I'm see a ton of indie games coming out for the PS4 I've seen nothing but Titanfall release with nothing in site, and yet Sony have indies infamous driveclub and the order still to come.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#52 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

I don't expect to buy a X1 anytime soon, Wii U should be in this poll though

Avatar image for kinectthedots
#53 Edited by kinectthedots (3383 posts) -

I will be looking at E3 to see what the company's have planned to offer gamers in the future.

I will be waiting to see how those things pan out. Exclusive games are what I buy systems for, not gimmicks or hype, so If something looks good enough It is possible I could end up buying a wii U, upgrade my PC or .... or lol get a new cell phone. I won't be buying anything this summer however.

I bought a PS4 for Infamous Second Son and it has really met all my expectations and past some. Fantastic system, I most likely won't even need anything else but I at least will be on the lookout. I do not want to say I would never get an xbone but it is really hard to justify given what it has to offer and what I know about it right now.

Avatar image for Glutenbob
#54 Edited by Glutenbob (249 posts) -

@Opus_Rea-333 said:

Xbox One, and maybe a PS4 if the slim version that is coming is cheap.

or wait until Sony gives away PS4 inventory for free, when Sony goes out of business.

dont think you are going to see anything slimmer than then current PS4 in the next 3 -4 years.

Isn't the Ps4 slim enough as is? I mean esp when considering the Xbox chasis is like a miniitx build.

Avatar image for xboxdone74
#55 Edited by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

Already bought my ps4 so im set. I'll be getting another led though. been eyeing the Samsung 55".

Avatar image for iambatman7986
#56 Edited by iambatman7986 (2033 posts) -

Already got a PS4, Wii U, and XBox One, so none this summer, but if I could only have one for the summer, it would probably be the XBox One because it is offering me the best games right now. In the future that may change, but right now the One has it followed closely by the Wii U and then the PS4. Just my opinion though.

Avatar image for madskills6117
#57 Posted by madskills6117 (4124 posts) -

Got a PS4 at launch and picked up an X1 on Wednesday so neither for me. I'm looking forward to solid games for both though.

Avatar image for treedoor
#58 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

Hoping to trade in my PS4 for an Xbox One if I can find any Xbox Ones in stock.

Avatar image for MlauTheDaft
#59 Posted by MlauTheDaft (5189 posts) -

PS4 if I actually end getting one.

Avatar image for Salt_The_Fries
#60 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (12439 posts) -

I have no desire of buying PS4, nothing about the system or its games appeals to me, even though I wouldn't mind playing a couple of them. X1 all the way but not without reservations.

Avatar image for Solid_Max13
#61 Edited by Solid_Max13 (3588 posts) -

Avatar image for GTSaiyanjin2
#62 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (6017 posts) -

neither... I already own both. Hopefully I'll be buying more games for them.

Avatar image for SolidTy
#63 Edited by SolidTy (49603 posts) -

I own both so I won't buy any this summer.

@bezza2011 said:

@sailor232 said:

Xbox one, just seems like it is being supported far more in these early stages.

Can you please state some facts on this, I'm see a ton of indie games coming out for the PS4 I've seen nothing but Titanfall release with nothing in site, and yet Sony have indies infamous driveclub and the order still to come.

Not to mention PS+ has given gamers a "free" games for PS4 every month giving gamers more reason to turn the PS4 machine on every month besides the 3rd party multiplatform advantage the PS4 sports (1080p, 60fps, etc). That's a huge value that is completely overlooked in SW, usually by those that don't own the system in discussing each machines advantages.

Xbone has no such deal for Xbox Live subscribers, no Games for Gold program on Xbone.

Finally, in my home the Xbone is only for exclusives and a little Titanfall and the PS4 is for exclusives and all multiplats. That said, both machines don't have a lot of games that interest me...yet.

Avatar image for FLOPPAGE_50
#64 Posted by FLOPPAGE_50 (1498 posts) -

XB1, already own a PS4.

Avatar image for juarbles
#65 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

If you're a gamer get a ps4.

If you're a housewife or a 4 yo kid get a xbone.

If you're a gamer already with a ps4 and pc get a WiiU.

You can't fail following this equation.

Avatar image for lostrib
#66 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@juarbles said:

If you're a gamer get a ps4.

If you're a housewife or a 4 yo kid get a xbone.

If you're a gamer already with a ps4 and pc get a WiiU.

You can't fail following this equation.

You seem to fail a lot

Avatar image for always_explicit
#67 Posted by always_explicit (3360 posts) -

I think the X1 has more to be excited about. Sony is continuing to follow tradition and promising a whole host of games without actually delivering.

I have no doubt fantastic exclusive will be released on the console, but as of yet Killzone doesnt excite me. Driveclub has been "coming soon" for so long I have lost interest. Second son looks alright but not reason enough alone to drop money on a console. I spent the majority of last gen waiting for Naughty God to drop a bomb so I had an excuse to turn on my PS3. I am not making that mistake with the PS4 and am allowing a substantial library to accumulate before I shell out the cash. I want the Crash Bandicoots, the Spyro's...the games that made me love playstation back in the day. Its all style and no substance at this stage.

The media features on the X1 see a lot of use. The Kinect is a great feature even at this early stage and it boasts a lot of potential. Kids love it, wife loves the Xbox fitness. Its a great machine that doesnt get the credit it deserves. I would recommend it to anyone as a summer purchase...

Avatar image for mems_1224
#68 Edited by mems_1224 (54719 posts) -

idk yet

Avatar image for crashnburn281
#70 Edited by CrashNBurn281 (664 posts) -

The only next gen system I do not have is XBO. Right now it is a wait and see how E3 turns out.

Avatar image for Bigboi500
#71 Edited by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -

Already got my PS4, Wii U, Vita and 3DS. I have no interest in Xbox One.

Avatar image for bforrester420
#72 Edited by bforrester420 (3278 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

I think the X1 has more to be excited about. Sony is continuing to follow tradition and promising a whole host of games without actually delivering.

I have no doubt fantastic exclusive will be released on the console, but as of yet Killzone doesnt excite me. Driveclub has been "coming soon" for so long I have lost interest. Second son looks alright but not reason enough alone to drop money on a console. I spent the majority of last gen waiting for Naughty God to drop a bomb so I had an excuse to turn on my PS3. I am not making that mistake with the PS4 and am allowing a substantial library to accumulate before I shell out the cash. I want the Crash Bandicoots, the Spyro's...the games that made me love playstation back in the day. Its all style and no substance at this stage.

The media features on the X1 see a lot of use. The Kinect is a great feature even at this early stage and it boasts a lot of potential. Kids love it, wife loves the Xbox fitness. Its a great machine that doesnt get the credit it deserves. I would recommend it to anyone as a summer purchase...

If anything, Sony has a tradition of delivering the games. You're an outright fanboy if you claim otherwise.

Avatar image for super600
#73 Edited by super600 (31958 posts) -

Neither. I'm waiting for a lot more games to release for the PS4 and a price drop. I also won't be getting an xbox one until later this year most likely which is when more interesting games may release for the console.I'm already interested in more games on the xbox one than the ps4.And sorry TC, but you need to have 500 posts to ceate a thread on SW.If you want to read more about this rule please look at the thread that will be linked in this post

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/system-wars-survival-guide-2-0-forum-guidelines-an-31089433/#0