Xbox One or PS4?

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e9d418c8e0ab
deactivated-5e9d418c8e0ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 0

Edited By deactivated-5e9d418c8e0ab
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts

As the eighth generation of gaming dawns, America is split over one question: Xbox One or PS4? The One was notorious when it was first announced for its strict, unfair rules that endangered sharing games with friends and made the Kinect 2.0 look like a modern-day HAL. Now, I've been a fan of Microsoft ever since I left the Nintendo fanbase (which was a long time ago), and I've had a deeper and longer relationship with my Xbox 360 than with most friends and family. (It's true!)

But as the PS4 tries to coax me to commit treason with a $100-cheaper price, new modes, and some juicy exclusive titles, it's led me to go deeper into this question. The Xbox One wants to be your brand new entertainment center, and it wants to be the console you'll never replace--that's how it got it's name. It's the one console you'll ever need. It also boasts Xbox Live renovation, cloud computing, and even recording and sharing game highlights. Who can turn that down? But the PS4 combats with PS App, Remote Play, Gaikai, and the Playroom. That's hard to look away from.

The two consoles are the only ones anyone will ever talk about. No one will ever state they believe the Wii U or the Ouya or the Steam Machine is going to conquer the console wars, because all eyes are on the One and the Four. It's a very close battle; both reported 1 million units sold in the first 24 hours of release, they released just a week apart, and they both have a fair share of exclusive games. The Xbox One will be the home of Dead Rising 3, Forza Motorsport 5, the next Halo, Killer Instinct, Kinect Sports Rivals, and more. The PS4 will be the home of the next Uncharted, Infamous 2nd Son, Killzone Shadow Fall, among others.

Who do you think will win the console wars? Will the PS4 be superior? Will the Xbox One get the gold? Will an underdog swoop in for a dark horse victory? Only time, money, and business will tell.

AtariKidX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#1 AtariKidX
Member since 2010 • 7156 Posts

PS4...................better and cheaper.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

Wii U.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

PS4, the clear choice.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

Hella desperate when you gotta use E3 info.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

PS4. Best combination of 1st and 3rd party games on the most powerful console of all time at a cheaper price.

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#7  Edited By Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1581 Posts

PS4, it's a true gamers console, it's the only console worth getting. Good games, beautiful graphics, lovely controller, everything about it is pure perfection.

For the Xbox One, well, i already own a TV remote, slim, cheap, good looking and so on, so i honestly don't need another one that's big, ugly and prob doesn't work :/

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

Not gonna give an answer.

But what i will say, is that after having both since their launch dates, its clear to me that 1 is better then the other and anyone who has both and isn't being a DB or biased will agree. Just not gonna tell you which one, but if everyone here had both and no biased I'd say at least 98% of people would agree on which one

Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

PS4 is the best choice

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

neither one, atm

radoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 radoman
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts

Almost bought an xbox one (I like forza and dead rising) but I'm gonna stick with PC for now.

There's nothing bad for me to say about the ps4 either. The console in nice and small, the controller is excellent by all accounts but its just not drawing me in at all. When it gets some games it will be a different story.

whatsazerg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 whatsazerg
Member since 2009 • 1151 Posts

PS(4TW)

Why would any intelligent being purchase a less capable machine for $100 more? Answer = they wouldn't.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#13 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

@darkangel115: so which one is the better one?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

thats like asking

"crap or shit"

Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Games? PS4.

Features? Xbox One

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By darkangel115

@whatsazerg said:

PS(4TW)

Why would any intelligent being purchase a less capable machine for $100 more? Answer = they wouldn't.

The billions of iphones and ipads sold beg to differ. Not to mention the macbooks that pack the performance of laptops half their price.

Also please enlighten me on why 1 machine is less capable then the other since you are such an expert

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

With the craptacularly shitty launch lineups of the PS4 and X1 and complete lack of any announced games I give two turtle shits about...........

I kind of want a Wii-U.

Halosball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Halosball
Member since 2013 • 103 Posts

LOL there is no split,

Gamers have spoken and they unanimously chose PS4

I.e In just America alone the PS4 sold more then 1 million in under 24 hours....

The PS4 is the all time best selling console at launch in America ever....

IF Microsofts PR numbers are to be believed, it took Microsoft launching in 13 countries just to reach the 1 million mark...

The numbers in America wont even be close

PS4 is dominating America

There are even unwanted xbones sitting on shelfes everywhere.

You wont find any unwanted PS4s sitting on shelfes any where because people actually want a PS4.

And with the launch of the PS4 in Europe, the PS4 is going to jump out way further ahead.

Its good for competition if the xbone fails. It will show Microsoft that they cant get away with their usual BS etc

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@Zophar87 said:

Games? PS4.

Features? Xbox One

Sorry, games = x1 right now. higher rated exclusives so far, no AAAE for ps4 in site yet.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Right now the answer is Xbox One. I think the hardware advances will turn things in Sony's favor in the future. But I haven't turned my PS4 on much since the 22nd.

the-lone-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By the-lone-gamer
Member since 2013 • 96 Posts

@AtariKidX said:

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Thunder7151
Member since 2013 • 456 Posts

Right now obviously XBOX ONE is the better choice because it has better games. Only a Cow would say otherwise.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Do you want 1080P or 720P? lol I had to do it!!

Halosball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Halosball

I will never get an xbone. And there is no reason to either. PS4 does everything better for less. Couldnt be happier with my PS4. Love my PS4

If you are a gamer here are 7 big reasons why you should get a PS4 over an xbone without hesitation.

1. The PS4 is 50% more powerful then an xbone and 100$ cheaper then an xbone

Why would you pay more for less with an xbone?

You'd have to be missing a functional brain...

You get more for less with the PS4 and thats all that matters.

So PS4 will get the superior multi-plats, the superior exclusives considering the pedigree of playstation exclusive developers...to boot the PS4 will be much more future proof with its much better tech......and all for 100$ less....

I could stop it right there, and the PS4 already is blowing the xbone out of the water.....

But just to prove the point how much better the PS4 is in every single way to the xbone, i will keep on going and listing more examples.

2. The Kinect is mandatory. Its something no one wanted and yet you are stuck paying for it.

Kinect commands appear to be working very poorly too based on what ive read.

PS camera is optional the way it should be.

Now here is a very BIG reason:

3. Microsoft with the xbone has already tried to take away consumer rights with xbone DRM and always online policies. They can and will do it again. The plans are still there.

Mean while Sony has never tried to do the same. Sony has been with gamers from the start and Sony's actions prove again and again that they are for the gamer

It makes no sense to be a gamer and NOT support Sony and the PS4 etc.

4. Most of the xbones apps and features are hidden behind xbox pay wall fees, adding more uunnecessary costs. Typical shady Microsoft trying to nickle and dime until the last penny. Dont let it happen

Where as PSN+ offers far more value and offers most its apps for free

Again, just like the PS4 console itself is more for less, PSN+ offers more for less

All around the xbone is anti-consumer nickle and dime garbage, while the PS4 is all about giving the gamer better vaule for less etc

The PS4 makes the xbone non-existant

5. Sony has proven that they support their playstation consoles much better over time and for much longer then the comp.

As opposed to how Microsoft always drops support for the xbox consoles half way into the gen in shady fasion. Dont let Microsoft fool you for a third time.

History repeats and history proposes that the PS4 is the best long term investment and purchase you can make in gaming

6. The Naughty Gods....making games only for playstation...Naughty Dog is reason enough to go Playstation and stay playstation....

And to further add more to that point.

Playstation exclusive developers are some of the most respected and highly regarded developers in the industry....

So #6 is for the playstation exclusives....

And the fact Sony supports their developers like no other and is a lot more willing to take risks with all diferent kinds of games

So if you want a deep exclusive library with a lot of variety, buying a playstation console is the only way to go.

Playstation exclusives have always dominated and offered variety, innovation, and fun. Paystation exclusive libraries are always some of the most varied, different, unique, quality libraries ever

And lastly, here is another big reason:

7. The focus of the xbone is NOT on gaming but on lame TV/snap shot features which bring nothing of value to the table

As your TV does TV better then the xbone. Your PC multi-tasks and "snaps" better then xbone can..And PS4 does gaming WAY BETTER then the xbone ever can...Xbone is a failure of a product with no identity.

The PS4 is all about gaming and does everything gaming related to perfection, from its social features that are built around GAMING like PS4 share features, to vita remote play, to dynamic menus, to a fast responsive UI that serves to get you up and going as fast as possible, to the awesome value of PSN+ etc

While to boot PS4 still has entertainment features that are FREE to use, the same entertainment features that cost of fees on xbox live etc

All in all,

The PS4 literally DOES EVERYTHING BETTER then the xbone for less money while keeping the focus on gaming etc

No way around it, the PS4 significantly CRUSHES the xbone in every single criteria that can be seen or proven.

If you are a gamer, the PS4 is the ONLY correct option

**** the xbone for life as far as im concerned

Halosball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Halosball

@renegade311 said:

Ask yourself, are you an idiot or somewhat intelligent? Idiots will say the PS4, intelligent individuals will pick the XBone.

Intelligent informed gamers will pick PS4

PS4 does everything better for less (read my last past for all the details and examples)

The only idiots are the delusional xboner fanboys like you who willingly want to pay 100$ more for a much weaker xbone system that has a kinect spy cam tacked on and puts gaming as a secondary focus to TV/snapshot features

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

/brofists post.

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By darkangel115

@halosball said:

I will never get an xbone. And there is no need to either. PS4 does everything better for less. Couldnt be happier with my PS4. Love my PS4

If you are a gamer here are 7 big reasons why you should get a PS4 over an xbone without hesitation.

So PS4 will get the superior multi-plats, the superior exclusives considering the pedigree of playstation exclusive developers...to boot the PS4 will be much more future proof with its much better tech......and all for 100$ less....

I could stop it right there, and the PS4 already is blowing the xbone out of the water.....

But just to prove the point how much better the PS4 is in every single way to the xbone, i will keep on going and listing more examples.

2. The Kinect is mandatory. Its something no one wanted and yet you are stuck paying for it.

3. Microsoft with the xbone has already tried to take away consumer rights with xbone DRM and always online policies. They can and will do it again. The plans are still there.

Mean while Sony has never tried to do the same. Sony has been with gamers from the start and Sony's actions prove again and again that they are for the gamer

4. Most of the xbones apps and features are hidden behind xbox pay wall fees, adding more uunnecessary costs. Typical shady Microsoft trying to nickle and dime until the last penny. Dont let it happen

Again, just like the PS4 console itself is more for less, PSN+ offers more for less

All around the xbone is anti-consumer nickle and dime garbage, while the PS4 is all about giving the gamer better vaule for less etc

5. Sony has proven that they support their playstation consoles much better over time and for much longer then the comp.

As opposed to how Microsoft always drops support for the xbox consoles half way into the gen in shady fasion. Dont let Microsoft fool you for a third time.

History repeats and history proposes that the PS4 is the best long term investment and purchase you can make in gaming

6. The Naughty Gods....making games only for playstation...Naughty Dog is reason enough to go Playstation and stay playstation....

Playstation exclusive developers are some of the most respected and highly regarded developers in the industry....

And the fact Sony supports their developers like no other and is a lot more willing to take risks with all diferent kinds of games

So if you want a deep exclusive library with a lot of variety, buying a playstation console is the only way to go.

Playstation exclusives have always dominated and offered variety, innovation, and fun. Paystation exclusive libraries are always some of the most varied, different, unique, quality libraries ever

7. The focus of the xbone is NOT on gaming but on lame TV/snap shot features which bring nothing of value to the table

As your TV does TV better then the xbone. Your PC multi-tasks and "snaps" better then xbone can..And PS4 does gaming WAY BETTER then the xbone ever can...Xbone is a failure of a product with no identity.

The PS4 is all about gaming and does everything gaming related to perfection, from its social features that are built around GAMING like PS4 share features, to vita remote play, to dynamic menus, to a fast responsive UI that serves to get you up and going as fast as possible, to the awesome value of PSN+ etc

While to boot PS4 still has entertainment features that are FREE to use, the same entertainment features that cost of fees on xbox live etc

All in all,

The PS4 literally DOES EVERYTHING BETTER then the xbone for less money while keeping the focus on gaming etc

No way around it, the PS4 significantly CRUSHES the xbone in every single criteria that can be seen or proven.

Ok now stop being biased for a minute and think about this.

1) Not true, people debunked it a long time ago. look at the games. how many PS4 games run 1080p and 60FPS? 0 how many Xbox one games 1? Ryse has been touted by all the reviewers and even DF as the best game graphically for next gen. multiplats all look the same so where is this supposed 50% power difference? Truth is they are "about equal" any difference one might have over the other is negligible.

2) I've had 0 issues with kinect commands. people just need to learn the correct commands. You cna't say "nobody wants it" that's conjecture Since the original kinect was released more people purchased a 360 with it, then people w/o it. Also how many people purchased the eye? quite a bit actually. So for you to say nobody wants it, really makes no sense at all. again its hate

3) They never took away any rights. Both companies had the same plan which was DRM is open to devs. It will happen. its already in some digital games on PS3 and 360 as well as on all PC games. MS had a plan to allow digital sharing. Also used game sales put money in the pockets of greedy middlemen and take away money from the artists that create the amazing games we love. Real gamers should always buy new games and support the developers who create them, instead of saving 5 dollars to support gamestop. I refuse to buy used games

4) Any real gamer will buy XBLG or PSN+ respectively. why buy a game system to not play online? a "paywall" for an app that most people have 5 or more devices to play it on isn't going to get subscribers. if you buy an X1 just to stream netflix, you wasted your money. Plus didn't you say its all about games? so who cares about netflix or apps according to you #contradictions

5) based on what? PS3 came out a year later. MS did stop supporting the 360 pretty much in 2013, but in the same sense its supported it as long as sony has supported the PS3. Also Sony on the PS3 was too busy supporting the PS2 still and left the PS3 with a games drought for several years. If history shows anything its that sony won't support the PS4 right away which is more of a reason to not want it right away

6) 100% pure opinion. Some people love ND and their games, some people don't

7) If the focus was tv, why is every X1 a dev kit? why has MS invested 1 billion dollars in 15 exclusives to start off the X1? why does the X1 have a better launch line-up Again this is conjecture, just because the X1 offers features above and beyond gaming, doesn't mean it isn't a great gaming machine

Halosball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Halosball

@Thunder7151 said:

Right now obviously XBOX ONE is the better choice because it has better games. Only a Cow would say otherwise.

The xbone has better games according to what or who

According to the rushed early "reviews"

Mind you even then, both exclusive line ups have very similair scores etc

According to xboners like you who havent even played Killzone or Knack.

Dealing with better games is always SUBJECTIVE non sense....so I wont get into it....In the opinions of many REAL gamers...including me.... Killzone and Knack >>>>>>every generic xbone launch exclusive.....it is what it is...

BUT the FACTS are and remain this:

1. Multi-platform games make up about 90% of both libraries at the moment AND multi-platform games are SUPERIOR on PS4.

You xboners are paying 500$ for 720p LMAO

PS4 has the superior multi-plats at higher frame rates and higher resolutions.

2. The PS4 FACTUALLY has MORE games that can only be played on a PS4 and not an xbone....then the xbone has games that can only be played on an xbone etc

So according to facts that can be proven,

The PS4 has had the better launch games line up - had superior multi-plats which make up a majority of each library, and has had MORE games that can only be played on a Playstation 4 and not on an xbone etc

But never mind how this converstation will turn in a couple years...launch line ups mean nothing........you xbots like Microsoft are are so infatuated with only the short term....

The PS4 will have the far better exclusive library considering playstation exclusive developers are better and that Sony supports their consoles much better and longer as proven by history

Just next year, The Order, Infamous, and Drive Club are coming to PS4

There is NOTHING on the xbone coming in that time that looks even a fraction as good or as interesting as the aformentiomed PS4 exclusives

Sony with the PS4 is already going to start the ass kicking in exclusives early next year, and Sony and their stellar first parties arent ever going to look back...PS4 exclusives will dominate and while the PS4 will always get a majority of the superior multi plats

If you are honest with yourself I dont see how any sane person could chose an xbone over PS4 based on eveything we know and based on Sonys history of stellar long term support vs Microsoft's blatant shady history of short term support etc

babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

@AtariKidX said:

What this little boy said. PS 4 is the way to go.

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

After having the X1 since launch, i can't imagine going back to old navigation and features that the ps4 offers. People can pretend that the X1 isn't games focused but it has more exclusives right off the bat than ps4. Sony fans can inflate whatever games count they want with arcade titles if they like. They can also argue they like the exclusive games better but that just means the X1 is better now with that argument (since only knack and kz are out)

The X1 feels and performs next gen with real changes and innovations for a console. The ps4 is a better spec'd ps3. Only fanboys can come to different conclusions.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Both consoles game linups are meh. But meh in 1080p is a hell of a lot better then meh in last gen lol 720p.

MajesticShea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MajesticShea
Member since 2013 • 730 Posts

@Pray_to_me said:

Both consoles game linups are meh. But meh in 1080p is a hell of a lot better then meh in last gen lol 720p.

Both? Only the Playstation 4 does 1080p.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#35 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Wii U.............better.............and.................cheaper..............

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@majesticshea said:

@Pray_to_me said:

Both? Only the Playstation 4 does 1080p.

He was talking about the games.

I guess you enjoy more resolution than actually playing games

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I own all of them (PS360WiiVita3DSPS4Xbone) and two Wii Us...

Get a PS360Wii and play catch up on all the AAA titles you missed, or think about the Wii U's New Mario 3D title...

When it comes to value, upcoming titles, and games that interest you, I think the choice will be easy between the two you mention TC.

@GoldenElementXL said: Right now the answer is Xbox One. I think the hardware advances will turn things in Sony's favor in the future. But I haven't turned my PS4 on much since the 22nd.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@Heil68 said:

PS4, the clear choice.

Halosball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Halosball
@darkangel115 said:

@halosball said:

I will never get an xbone. And there is no need to either. PS4 does everything better for less. Couldnt be happier with my PS4. Love my PS4

All in all,

1) Not true, people debunked it a long time ago. look at the games. how many PS4 games run 1080p and 60FPS? 0 how many Xbox one games 1? Ryse has been touted by all the reviewers and even DF as the best game graphically for next gen. multiplats all look the same so where is this supposed 50% power difference? Truth is they are "about equal" any difference one might have over the other is negligible.

2) I've had 0 issues with kinect commands. people just need to learn the correct commands. You cna't say "nobody wants it" that's conjecture Since the original kinect was released more people purchased a 360 with it, then people w/o it. Also how many people purchased the eye? quite a bit actually. So for you to say nobody wants it, really makes no sense at all. again its hate

3) They never took away any rights. Both companies had the same plan which was DRM is open to devs. It will happen. its already in some digital games on PS3 and 360 as well as on all PC games. MS had a plan to allow digital sharing. Also used game sales put money in the pockets of greedy middlemen and take away money from the artists that create the amazing games we love. Real gamers should always buy new games and support the developers who create them, instead of saving 5 dollars to support gamestop. I refuse to buy used games

4) Any real gamer will buy XBLG or PSN+ respectively. why buy a game system to not play online? a "paywall" for an app that most people have 5 or more devices to play it on isn't going to get subscribers. if you buy an X1 just to stream netflix, you wasted your money. Plus didn't you say its all about games? so who cares about netflix or apps according to you #contradictions

5) based on what? PS3 came out a year later. MS did stop supporting the 360 pretty much in 2013, but in the same sense its supported it as long as sony has supported the PS3. Also Sony on the PS3 was too busy supporting the PS2 still and left the PS3 with a games drought for several years. If history shows anything its that sony won't support the PS4 right away which is more of a reason to not want it right away

7) If the focus was tv, why is every X1 a dev kit? why has MS invested 1 billion dollars in 15 exclusives to start off the X1? why does the X1 have a better launch line-up Again this is conjecture, just because the X1 offers features above and beyond gaming, doesn't mean it isn't a great gaming machine

Its not about being "fair" or neutral for the sake of it

The facts paint a one sided picture in favor of the PS4.....because thats just the way it is.

Thats the reailty. PS4 > xbone for all the reasons i previously stated and MORE.

And yet you are going way out of your way to try and refute FACTS (just going by your first paragraph. I stopped reading after that)

I can already tell, I bet you will be trying your hardest to try and paint the xbone in a closer to light to the PS4, when in reality the xbone pails in comparison to the PS4 in nearly every single way.

Now I now you are a Microsoft shill who's opinion should be disregarded.

The facts are the facts and nothing changes it

-Vast majority of neutral developers all say the same thing ...PS4 is 50% more powerful....

-When you look at the specs of both on paper, and compare, it all matches up...the FACTUAL outcome is....PS4 is 50% more powerful

Any one who knows specs can see whats going on:

-PS4 can do much more tflops

-Has much better faster memory thats more unified, and more of it is allocated to GAMING

-The GPU is a 50% more powerful GPU

-PS4 has hUMA capability etc

At this point, you are an xbot refusing to accept the reality that the PS4 is SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful. You NEED to come to terms with reality sooner or later.

Hell, I wouldnt be suprised if the PS4 were actually more then 50% more powerful considering all the advantages it has (the fact PS4 has a much more powerful GPU and more- much faster, more unified ram plus hUMA capability etc)

To boot...its only launch...and Killzone LOOKS MILES better than ANY xbone game...

All multi-plats games have higher frame rates and higher resolutions on PS4 etc

The PROOF is in the pudding.

Then when you look past launch at launch window games, Infamous is absolutely CRUSHING every known xbone game in existence.... Playstation exclusives are ALREADY showing off the PS4's significant power advantages ...

So not only is the PS4 a factual 50% more powerful, maybe even more up to 70% more powerful....and also much more future proof.....its 100$ cheaper (plus when you go with the PS4 you know you will be getting the much better exclusive games as Sony has a much better exclusive library, much better exclusive developers, and is a lot more willing to take risks etc)

There IS NO POINT to getting an xbone. It makes no sense. The PS4 does everything better for less, has better exclusive developers, has more support, and is primarily a GAMING console.

You arent a true gamer if you opt for a weaker more expensive spy box instead(A.K.A the xbone)

PS4 is superior in every respect. The PS4 was made by gamers for gamers etc. Its PS4 all the way and there is no need to ever look back. Thank you Sony! Fug you Microsoft.

I will respond to the next of your off base "points" later

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

people are going to buy what they want to buy. If you can't see why other people would want to buy an xbone or PS4 over the other then that is a YOU problem and not a problem with other people

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#41  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Why don't you guys do the intelligent thing, & give these systems 1.5-2 years & THEN compare them heavily. Neither system has added/ironed out all of their feature-sets & gaming capabilities yet. Both systems have issues; be it lack of games, or hardware problems. You're an idiot if you think otherwise. TRUTHFACT #cboat (lol)

Let's get some funnier topics on here from now on.

Avatar image for supercowelitist
SuperCowElitist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SuperCowElitist
Member since 2013 • 732 Posts

Playstation 4 = For Gaming.
Xbox One = TV & Multiplatform games with flops on the side.

PS4TrumpsXbox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PS4TrumpsXbox1
Member since 2013 • 1371 Posts

@darkangel115 said:

@halosball said:

All in all,

1. How many multiplats does xbox one have that has a higher resolution than the ps4 version? 0 How many multiplats have higher resolution on ps4 when compared to x1? 3 (call of duty ghost, battlefield 4, assassins creed 4). So it looks like ps4 being 50 percent more powerful than xone is debatable lol

2. What does your experience with kinect and using the voice commands to work properly have anything to do with M$ forcing people to buy a periperial most probably will not want or even use? They are limiting options to their customers. Some people may want and some may not, the point is M$ does not give the option for those that dont to not have to purchase it (unless of course they just dont purchase an x1 at all lol)

3. Do you have sources that SOny was going to implement DRM and go away from used games and other related areas? Everyone remembers e3 and how M$ tried to screw their customers. Why is it that you have to do a day one patch to get rid of the DRM, they upgraded hardware and software of the console before launch so why didnt they just take out the DRM themselves? Maybe its to ensure everyone is online so it would make it that much easier to bring DRM back later? Hmmmm.... Not to mention you cant play games right out of the box on x1 cuz you need the patch, ps4 you can

4. Why are you trying to justify all the paywalls that MS has imposed all these years? Sony offers apps and free to play games that arent behind a paywall but M$ does not. (By the way isn't it the case that out the 80 million consoles sold for the 360 that only like 50-60 percent are registered xbox live users?, I think this proves that not everyone cares about online gaming but yet again M$ is taking away option from the consumer with all the paywalls while Sony isnt) ANd who cares about apps and netflix??? Your talking about multimedia apps, so why is M$ focusing on that with X1 with the cable thing and nfl. Sounds like a contradiction from you......

5. Based on what???? DIdnt M$ pretty much abandon their first xbox right when 360 came out? Sony supported ps2 for like 13 years. How abouy this years comparison in exclusives for both consoles ( I belive 360 had 1, while ps3 had close to 10)

6. Come on seriously??? Its Naughty Dog, I dont think I have to even address this point......

7. See point 4.... Also didnt they spend 1 billion on the controller, yet it still takes AA batteries

SpiderLuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SpiderLuke
Member since 2006 • 719 Posts

A sandwich.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

PS4

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

For the record with some of these cows in here... the ps4 has higher resolution in many of the multiplats you guys have mentioned BUT that does not make it the better version. Look at IGN's review of Battlefield 4 and they blatantly say that the X1 version is better and more specifically due to it's online structure. Will that even out? One can't say for certain but I feel that will likely remain true for most games this next generation just like last. So enjoy your higher res while X1 gamers will enjoy the higher quality online and fun level.

Oh and i also feel that the resolution gap will narrow or disappear completely as the generation goes on in regards to the multiplats so enjoy that while it lasts too

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6848 Posts

PS4. Due to a few factors.

The X1 tries to do too many things and none of them are really new. Voice commands, and even gestures, are now starting to creep up into TV-sets and even DVR boxes. The consumer won't see this facet of Kinect as being special, even the PSeye does some of the same (but not as well).

The HDMI-in is a cool concept but as it is it can affect SS and disables any DVR or on-demand functions, so that's a step backwards until they can fix it.

What the X1 does having going for it is a strong software lineup, however, even that is a point of contention. I'm sure MSFT will want to keep pushing games, but where have they been the last few years? Is this a tredn that will continue?

SelfReflect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By SelfReflect
Member since 2014 • 117 Posts

I dont care about the weaker, more expensive, xbl fee riddled, kinect spy cam tacked on xbone that has gaming as a secondary focus.

Plus with the way Microsoft tried to take away gamers rights, im NEVER trusting Microsoft again. Never getting an xbone....

I however have been loving my PS4! Best gaming console ever IMO.

The PS4 is truly looking something special! Its the gamers console made by gamers for gamers! 100$ cheaper 50% more powerful. Sony has been hitting on all the right notes and continues to! Its a juggernaut! NOTHING is stopping this PS4 fraight train.

Dare might I say the PS4 even has PS2 vibes of popularity in the air. PS4 is huge and will possibly break all time records. Its already broken all time launch sales records

Killzone ShadowFall LOOKED miles better then anything on the xbone at launch

Killzone was a great experience. And im still enjoying the MP. I feel Killzone Shadowfall is very under rated.

I also enjoyed Knack quite a bit. Was fun and a breath of fresh air

Plus all those console exclusive PS4 indies!! Come on now!

I have been very happy about the PS4s launch and there is NOTHING on the xbone that makes me think twice or regret my decision. PS4 launch all the way.

But remember that Sony still has more games to announce too, its strategic. Even if you dont like the launch line up, just know that games from the likes of the Naughty Gods (best developer in gaming) and Santa Monica and Media Molucule etc are coming!

Hell, this year Infamous and possibly The Order are comimg to the PS4...and those games look MIND BLOWING....easily the two best next gen games we know of yet....SO you wont have to wait long....might as well get PS4 now....

Theres also Drive Club and the Show coming very soon to PS4

What will the xbone have by comparison this year. An over hyped TitanFall game that isnt even exclsuive and THATS IT. LOL

When Infamous drops the exclusives will keep on coming and keep on getting better. The PS4 wont look back and will dominate until the end of the gen in exclusives, just like how the PS3 started kicking ass exclusive wise in 2008/2009 and never looked back since, but this time the PS4 is starting the ass kicking much earlier.

When you buy a PS4 you know Sony will support it until the end, given history, as opposed to how Microsoft always drops support for their consoles half way into the gen in shady fashion.

You want proof. Look at PS3 exclusives released this year compared to the non existent 360 exclusives of this year lol

When a new gen comes, you have to think price power features and more importantly think long term. PS4 has the price power and features adavantages by far, and when you buy a PS4, its the best long term purchase you can make in gaming, given Sony's history of long term support and the pedigree of Playstation exclusive developers.

STOP with this infatutaion with launch line ups and the short term. Thats what Microsoft wants from you, but dont let Microsoft fool you for a third time

If you call yourself a gamer and pick xbone over PS4, you should probably quit gaming

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

I would only consider an Xbox One at this point, and for the foreseeable future.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

None for now, but eventually a PS4.

And hello fisted bro, good to see you around! Given the way you type, I figured you'd have had a stroke by now.