Xbox One latest update shows MS is BOSS!!!

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by magicalclick (22374 posts) -

Oh and the my apps category is finally here. And the storage size is finally back. Two super important feature.

#102 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

I'm interested in whether the claim that 1080P will become easier to target after the new kits are released is true. I don't own an X1 but own a PS4. However, I still want the X1 to do well.

Yes it's totally true right here from a developer who says the new SDK kits are really fast and will have Xbox One running comfortably at 1080p. Of course Cows are scared to hear this because when this happens the Xbox One clearly becomes the best system all around. Jusct scroll towards the bottom you will see.

Get an Xbox One greatness is already happening why they are still waiting and waiting and waiting

http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-ones-esram-too-small-to-output-games-at-1080p-but-will-catch-up-to-ps4-rebellion-games

Here I'll go ahead and pull the paragraph that it says it. According to cows though MS is the worst software company in the world and it's impossible for them to power their hardware with great software to improve things.

Will the process become easier over time as understanding of the hardware improves? “Definitely, yeah. They are releasing a new SDK that’s much faster and we will be comfortably running at 1080p on Xbox One. We were worried six months ago and we are not anymore, it’s got better and they are quite comparable machines. The Xbox One is a bit more multimedia, a bit more hub-centric so its a bit more complex. There’s stuff you can and can’t do because it’s a sort of multimedia hub. PS4 doesn’t have that. PS4 is just a games machine.”

cry some more,

start another thread that will get locked again.

the xbox one will always be an upscaled wii u with pre-rendered cutscenes instead of actual gameplay.

You truly are retarded. I post a link and post the direct quote from a talented and respected developer in the industry confirming that new SDK kits are coming out and they are really fast and says 1080p will defiantly not be a problem then and will be running comfortably on Xbox One. Yet you still think's it's an upscaled Wii your a total joke and can't even face the truth when it's right in your face.

#103 Edited by Shielder7 (5112 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

I'm interested in whether the claim that 1080P will become easier to target after the new kits are released is true. I don't own an X1 but own a PS4. However, I still want the X1 to do well.

Yes it's totally true right here from a developer who says the new SDK kits are really fast and will have Xbox One running comfortably at 1080p. Of course Cows are scared to hear this because when this happens the Xbox One clearly becomes the best system all around. Jusct scroll towards the bottom you will see.

Get an Xbox One greatness is already happening why they are still waiting and waiting and waiting

http://gamingbolt.com/xbox-ones-esram-too-small-to-output-games-at-1080p-but-will-catch-up-to-ps4-rebellion-games

Here I'll go ahead and pull the paragraph that it says it. According to cows though MS is the worst software company in the world and it's impossible for them to power their hardware with great software to improve things.

Will the process become easier over time as understanding of the hardware improves? “Definitely, yeah. They are releasing a new SDK that’s much faster and we will be comfortably running at 1080p on Xbox One. We were worried six months ago and we are not anymore, it’s got better and they are quite comparable machines. The Xbox One is a bit more multimedia, a bit more hub-centric so its a bit more complex. There’s stuff you can and can’t do because it’s a sort of multimedia hub. PS4 doesn’t have that. PS4 is just a games machine.”

And when Sniper Elite 3 preforms better on the PS 4 either/or Resolution or FPS what's going to be your excuse than? You know the Wii U can do 1080p it depends how much content but it will never out do the PS 4 same with the Xbox One.

Also "PS4 is just a games machine.” And that's a bad thing? I;m pretty sure that's why it's kicking the crap out of the Xbox one.

#104 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

And when Sniper Elite 3 preforms better on the PS 4 either/or Resolution or FPS what's going to be your excuse than?

Also "PS4 is just a games machine.” And that's a bad thing? I;m pretty sure that's why it's kicking the crap out of the Xbox one.

A games machine with no games and delays waiting for greatness

#105 Posted by lostrib (33249 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@Shielder7 said:

@me3x12 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

And when Sniper Elite 3 preforms better on the PS 4 either/or Resolution or FPS what's going to be your excuse than?

"delays waiting for greatness"...I don't think that means what you want it to mean

#106 Posted by Puggy301 (160 posts) -

Congratulating M$ for releasing an effective update for the X1 is like congratulating a plumber for repairing pipes that his shoddy workmanship broke in the first place. Is this what lems have been reduced to?

#107 Edited by kinectthedots (1583 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@Shielder7 said:

@me3x12 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

lol, it sure dose. There is no wait to play superior versions of every console games this gen. Greatness is here every day (recently MGS5 G0) with PS4

But enjoy waiting 7 to 8 year to unlock the greatness of the hidden power in xbox one to find out what your $500 investment was for while PS4 continues to get superior version of every new game that get's announced. :)

lems are like, why delay waiting for greatness with PS4 when you can get an xbone and...just wait.

#108 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

###

@me3x12 said:

@killatwill15 said:

@me3x12 said:

@BluRayHiDef said:

cry some more,

start another thread that will get locked again.

the xbox one will always be an upscaled wii u with pre-rendered cutscenes instead of actual gameplay.

You truly are retarded. I post a link and post the direct quote from a talented and respected developer in the industry confirming that new SDK kits are coming out and they are really fast and says 1080p will defiantly not be a problem then and will be running comfortably on Xbox One. Yet you still think's it's an upscaled Wii your a total joke and can't even face the truth when it's right in your face.

I said upscaled wii u not wii dumbass,

and if I remember correctly,

1080p is a misnomer,

in fact xbox og and ps2 are capable of 1080p,

but don't do it because the games look like trash.

even tomb raider does 1080p on xbox one but at the expense of frame rate,

and graphic effects and lowered textures.

the truth has been in your face since the consoles launched,

#dealwithit

#109 Edited by GrenadeLauncher (3711 posts) -

So did this dweeb come from misterxmedia's forums to do damage control? It's one thing to be a paid shill, quite another to voluntarily humiliate yourself.

#110 Edited by AzatiS (7137 posts) -

Keep dreaming that X1 will surpass PS4 on multiplatform let alone exclusives quality overall ( resolution/frames/overall graphical quality ) . I havent seen such damage control over a console since PS3 failure release 8 years ago which all the hype went downhill.

Face the reality lems .. GPU is a freaking 7790 !! Whatever they do , they wont even go near to PS4s performances simply because if you think Sony wont just provide tweaking patches/coding as well ... then you must be morons!!

7850 >> 7790

GDDR5 >> DDR 3

Whatever the patches .. some CORE things wont change. Period ! Now please with these ridiculous claims ... In the end youll say me that with some patches here and there PS4s 7850 will be able to compete with R290X and PS4 will be able to play 4k in the near future.

Click - Clock ... It's time for you lems ... to ... W A K E .. U P!!

#111 Edited by iwasgood2u (705 posts) -

A developer of sniper elite telling you something he hasnt developed a game yet with the new sdk to confirm 1080p is possible lol. At this point its all an assumption. Seems like another big bad news coming for the lemmings. Get ready for another comedy central.

#112 Posted by betamaxx83 (351 posts) -

@me3x12: Please define "owned" because Microsoft and Sony are neck and neck when it comes to PS3 and 360. Not to mention, a full year lead that diminished, and the fact that it's been years since a new and triple AAA title besides Forza, Gears, and Halo.

#113 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2681 posts) -

@me3x12: Please define "owned" because Microsoft and Sony are neck and neck when it comes to PS3 and 360. Not to mention, a full year lead that diminished, and the fact that it's been years since a new and triple AAA title besides Forza, Gears, and Halo.

The fact that the ps3 caught the 360 is legendary. The 360 came out 1st a year early at a much cheaper price and was easy to make games for with better online. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong with the ps3 for Sony their network even got hacked.

Yet Sony not only came back but passed the MS. I have to think that if Sony can pull that off they are going to own MS with the ps4. The ps4 is cheaper and more powerful and easier to make games for with much better 1st party devs. Sony even stepped up their game online and psn plus is cheaper with free games and the same features as live gold with no pay wall.

I know lems are in denial they just watched MS and Sony switch places in the next gen. Lems are waiting for drivers,clouds,tile base rendering ect. Any secret sauce that can close the gap hell MS even overclocked the xflop to try to catch up to the ps4. It's funny actually sheep went from 1st to worse and lems from being cocky to being pathetic damage control agents.

#114 Posted by Pray_to_me (2796 posts) -

XBox one is shit.

#115 Posted by rosko123 (508 posts) -

So now it's (allegedly) working how it should have right out of the box? Spent some time with the xbone at xmas, the UI was clunky and jittery as fuck and Battlefield 4 looked like shit.

#116 Posted by misterpmedia (3363 posts) -

@me3x12 I'm now branding you as a special sub category of lem coined: 'Locklem'. Because you're that much of a raging unadulterated lem that when you create threads they are instantly locked as they possess that much fail.

#117 Posted by sukraj (21902 posts) -

1080p it is then.

#118 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150066 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@me3x12 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@me3x12 said:

If you have got the latest software update for Xbox One you will notice that things seem to be much smoother. One thing that is noticeable is the Kinect seems more responsible and smooth. It seems like it hears you better really clear now and is responsive. The UI is smoother and responsive and added some nice new features like storage management and friends and party changes for the better. They also did some performance increases on the back end for better game performance so we should see game running better soon and with new releases.

MS has another planned update in march right before Titanfall that is said to further improve things and added performance. This is all before the new SDK kits hit developers to offer much faster dev tools and said to make it easy to hit 1080p in games moving forward.

Great job MS keep up the great work your doing what you do best and that's software and performance updates we all know you will be OWNING the competition this gen once again with this. Great work.

So when it launched it sucked?

No not at all but things are getting better and with the March update Live should be back fully as the standard in best online functions and gaming.

Is that any way for a company to sell things? Half assed and have to make them better as time goes on?

Sorry your used to getting bad updates on PSN and waiting and never getting great features but on Xbox Live we are used to getting frequent updates to make our service and system the BOSS!!!

Are you really celebrating having to get an update to make things work?

#119 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2681 posts) -

Wow Lems have fallen so low they are now cheering about updates. Was there any secret sauce in this update ??

#120 Posted by ButDuuude (415 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Isn't this the same update that has been causing black screens?......

Yes

#121 Edited by sukraj (21902 posts) -
#122 Edited by edwardecl (1967 posts) -

You should only really be cheering updates that add more features, not bug fixes and patching in of missing core features.

Neither Sony or Microsoft have done an update that has added in functionality that is not expected to have been there day one yet. The both still have a way to go, next on the feature list is media functions. Only after that will I will I be giving bonus point to either company. Saying your console sucks less because of bug fixes is retarded.

If either company patches things in such as FLAC, OGG, OPUS, MKV (AAC, MP3, basic H.264 is a given) then I will give them even more plus points. If Sony patches their system to be even faster then it already is that would also be a plus point as speed is not so much of a hindrance at the moment.

Similarly though if MS patch their system to accept more natural voice commands I would be impressed, as i see it now you pretty much have to read the commands off of a sheet. Being able to teach it commands would also be a bonus. "Xbox, fuck off" and it turns off would be funny as hell.

#123 Posted by delta3074 (17797 posts) -

Why are people raving about updates?

'release now, patch later' mentality is not really acceptable in my book, did everyone forget how Bethesda shafted Ps3 owners with that kind of mentality?

#124 Posted by edwardecl (1967 posts) -

@delta3074: Bethesda shafted everyone with that mentality...

#125 Posted by sts106mat (18877 posts) -

@delta3074: Bethesda shafted everyone with that mentality...

not really, i had hundreds of hours in skyrim, worst thing i saw was a floating mammoth and a rabbit running across the bottom of a lake. hardly "shafted"

#126 Posted by Suppaman100 (3709 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Isn't this the same update that has been causing black screens?......

Yes

LMFAO, when is this comedy going to end?

#127 Posted by ACP_45 (429 posts) -

@me3x12: @GrenadeLauncher:

So did this dweeb come from misterxmedia's forums to do damage control? It's one thing to be a paid shill, quite another to voluntarily humiliate yourself.

This can’t be anything other than damage control since me3 has only been praising MS in his past hundreds of topics.

Firstly, Xbox One has gotten way too much hate..... but this guy is just making it worse.

Me3x12 why don’t you just post something else than just saying Microsoft is boss or better etc...

Why don’t you see what good you could find in Sony ?

Post some good news for the people who have an PS4 and not an Xbox One. Try and find some awesome information on the PS4 that will show them that Xbox Gamers aren’t as bad as you are making them look. You claim that you are an Xbox Gamer but sadly you look more like an Xbox Fanboy..

You know you are the only one on these forums actually ranting on how awesome Xbox One is along side FreedomforLife.

Be open minded..... PS4 is an excellent console in comparison with it’s competition.... JUST ADMIT.

So what if you don’t have it just admit that it’s good but you chose Xbox One for a reason because it gave something that you wanted.... Just respect those who made a different choice than you.

I know that System Wars has been full of Sony Fanboys bashing Xbox One but this only shows you how insecure they are about their choice... So maybe your one sided posts should end here because you are making everyone think that you are insecure about the choice that you made..... Maybe you are ?

Stop being a fanboy and be a gamer...

Remember there is a difference between a Xbox Gamer and and Xbox Fanboy the same for an PS fanboy and a PS gamer. What are you ?

On another note:

Talk about specs only when you know what you are talking about.....

#128 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

Titanfall is on Xbox On and 360

#129 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3655 posts) -

I love how people seem to forget that the PS4 and even the WiiU get updates as well. I didn't notice much of a change with the update myself (I never do on any updates... well, very rarely)... other than a couple minor things... KI seems to connect me to an opponent a little quicker now instead of taking 5 minutes...

#130 Posted by edwardecl (1967 posts) -

@sts106mat: Dunno it was almost unplayable for the first few weeks, lots of game breaking stuff in there and performance problems on PC at least.

It did get better, but they should have delayed it.

#131 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150066 posts) -

I love how people seem to forget that the PS4 and even the WiiU get updates as well. I didn't notice much of a change with the update myself (I never do on any updates... well, very rarely)... other than a couple minor things... KI seems to connect me to an opponent a little quicker now instead of taking 5 minutes...

Has anyone called Sony or Nintendo the boss for the updates?

#132 Posted by WitIsWisdom (3655 posts) -

@WitIsWisdom said:

Has anyone called Sony or Nintendo the boss for the updates?

Hmmm.. interesting. I don't believe I have heard anything called the boss because of an update before this thread...

When I think of "the boss" a few things come to mind...

1. Like a boss= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c

2. Who's the boss= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBLy1YvKqi8

3. Boss Hog= http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBBWUZfgRiw

#133 Posted by Slimmin360 (1389 posts) -

All these little improvements you listed is really nice, but as for the Kinect improvements, i never liked Kinect, i never wanted Kinect and i never took my Kinect out of my XOne box when i set it up anyway.

Microsoft or some other developer would have to put out a stellar unbelievable AAA Kinect title that would make even consider going in my closet to retireve my Kinect out of the box and connecting to my Xbox One, because otherwise i have no desire to sit there and talk to a black box and make hand gestures to it, unless i'm flipping off some game while stuck in a boss battle.