Xbox One latest update shows MS is BOSS!!!

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

If you have got the latest software update for Xbox One you will notice that things seem to be much smoother. One thing that is noticeable is the Kinect seems more responsive and smooth. It seems like it hears you better really clear now and is responsive. The UI is smoother and responsive and added some nice new features like storage management and friends and party changes for the better. They also did some performance increases on the back end for better game performance so we should see games running better soon and with new releases.

MS has another planned update in march right before Titanfall that is said to further improve things and added performance. This is all before the new SDK kits hit developers to offer much faster dev tools and said to make it easy to hit 1080p in games moving forward.

Great job MS keep up the great work your doing what you do best and that's software and performance updates we all know you will be OWNING the competition this gen once again with this. Great work.

http://www.dailytech.com/Xbox+One+February+Update+Arrives+with+Numerous+Improvements/article34342.htm

http://news.xbox.com/2014/02/xbox-one-multiplayer-update

#2 Edited by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

If you have got the latest software update for Xbox One you will notice that things seem to be much smoother. One thing that is noticeable is the Kinect seems more responsible and smooth. It seems like it hears you better really clear now and is responsive. The UI is smoother and responsive and added some nice new features like storage management and friends and party changes for the better. They also did some performance increases on the back end for better game performance so we should see game running better soon and with new releases.

MS has another planned update in march right before Titanfall that is said to further improve things and added performance. This is all before the new SDK kits hit developers to offer much faster dev tools and said to make it easy to hit 1080p in games moving forward.

Great job MS keep up the great work your doing what you do best and that's software and performance updates we all know you will be OWNING the competition this gen once again with this. Great work.

So when it launched it sucked?

#3 Posted by slantedandencha (360 posts) -

there is no changes to friends or party.

also feels about as stable as before from what i can tell. it's not a bad update, but let's not pretend it's something it's not.

#4 Edited by killzowned24 (7298 posts) -

How about dem hour long installs,the ability to take screenshots or stream to Twitch?

Xbone is a massive failure for a gamer.

#5 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13422 posts) -

Stop congratulating MS on their failures, wtf is wrong with you.

#6 Posted by Desmonic (13417 posts) -

Isn't this the same update that has been causing black screens?......

#7 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

there is no changes to friends or party.

also feels about as stable as before from what i can tell. it's not a bad update, but let's not pretend it's something it's not.

No you have the option in party to turn off and on party chat now and actually the biggest changes for the better for this area is coming in the march update before Titanfall. And yes it does feel smoother. Also if your system ever feels like it's slow do a cold boot to clear your cache it makes things smooth.

#8 Posted by Bigboi500 (29329 posts) -

This should be on the Microsoft board because it has nothing to do with System Wars.

#9 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

How about dem hour long installs,the ability to take screenshots or stream to Twitch?

Installs are fine I was updating the new 3gig Forza 5 update yesterday why I was playing Titanfall and it was a breeze I played a match of Titanfall and when i was done it had already updated in the background and I was running laps on the new Road America track easy peazzy

#10 Posted by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

This should be on the Microsoft board because it has nothing to do with System Wars.

Also no proof that this update does any of these things TC claims.

#11 Edited by Shewgenja (8463 posts) -

Congratulations, you restarted your Windows 8 based console for the first time since buying it and had to run to System Wars to tell us all about how great it is.

#12 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

If you have got the latest software update for Xbox One you will notice that things seem to be much smoother. One thing that is noticeable is the Kinect seems more responsible and smooth. It seems like it hears you better really clear now and is responsive. The UI is smoother and responsive and added some nice new features like storage management and friends and party changes for the better. They also did some performance increases on the back end for better game performance so we should see game running better soon and with new releases.

No not at all but things are getting better and with the March update Live should be back fully as the standard in best online functions and gaming.

#13 Edited by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@me3x12 said:

No not at all but things are getting better and with the March update Live should be back fully as the standard in best online functions and gaming.

Is that any way for a company to sell things? Half assed and have to make them better as time goes on?

#14 Posted by OwnageRobot (7928 posts) -

MS should brick all Xbox Ones and offer coupons for GTX 750s

#15 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@me3x12 said:

Is that any way for a company to sell things? Half assed and have to make them better as time goes on?

Sorry your used to getting bad updates on PSN and waiting and never getting great features but on Xbox Live we are used to getting frequent updates to make our service and system the BOSS!!!

#16 Edited by jimmarko21876 (414 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

I do believe it is! MS is soooo BOSS! I wish people would stop thanking these companies for fixing certain issues with introducing new issues (alot of times worse than the original issue).

#17 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (6145 posts) -

I tried to use voice commands to stop, rewind and play a DVD (for the first time). It worked great so I couldn't say if it was part of the update or not but other than that my ONE is firing on all cylinders.

The voice navigation of the menus seems tight. Bring on the external storage update!!!!

#18 Posted by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

I do believe it is! MS is soooo BOSS! I wish people would stop thanking these companies for fixing certain issues with introducing new issues (alot of times worse than the original issue).

First of all this is nothing new with any updates you get some bugs and we have seen this especially be a problem on PS systems but MS has already said they have a quick fix coming for the small amount of people with the issue.

#19 Posted by StormyJoe (4901 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

No, but its better now.

#20 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

Why haven't the mods banned you yet? You make some of the most idiotic threads on SW with no facts to back up anything you claim.

#21 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

Funny how people try to downplay things because a system has great updates and is known for having these types oif updates to keep things ahead of the curve. It's so funny how people say this is a bad thing? The only people that can be saying this are the ones that are not used to having the best on their system of choice. Sorry but I and many Xboxers are used to this and this is just the beginning. Give it about a year and MS will be DEMOLISHING the competition as normal with Live and features on Xbox One.

#22 Edited by kingtito (4861 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

I was wondering why my XOne went to a black screen after a session of TF. I couldn't get it to come back on at all even though I could hear the sounds from moving my controller. In the end I had to unplug the power cable and plug it back in before everything returned to normal.

#23 Edited by kingtito (4861 posts) -

Why haven't the mods banned you yet? You make some of the most idiotic threads on SW with no facts to back up anything you claim.

I suppose he can make a poll thread and have it backfire on him. Don't think that would get him banned though or that would mean.............well you know what that would have meant I_can't_haz.

#24 Posted by jimmarko21876 (414 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@jimmarko21876 said:

@Desmonic said:

First of all this is nothing new with any updates you get some bugs and we have seen this especially be a problem on PS systems but MS has already said they have a quick fix coming for the small amount of people with the issue.

OK, doesn't change my comment regardless. Screwing up people's system with a update, whether it affects a small or large amount of people is not something to congratulate,thank or even worse, call BOSS!!! It isn't directed just at MS (notice I said "companies"), but thanks for pointing out your insecurities by bringing up Sony's problems while praising MS for the same shit. :)

#25 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

Also notice in the February update it says they did significant performance increases this must be some Drivers in preparation for the new SDK kits going out to developers so expect next wave of games coming to start running and being 1080p and such things are only going up on Xbox One

#26 Posted by Playerpat0 (1686 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4:

Improving on the system is not a failure… Stop being such a troll.

#27 Posted by Ghost120x (3738 posts) -

It's great they are really working to improve things, Meanwhile at Sony...

With all this news on the xbox update I hope sony isn't just sitting around looking at all the money they made, or the competition will pass them. I want some themes damnit and other missing features like media playback.

Also they should work on making things faster because music unlimited sometimes never loads the picture of the album or it takes a really long time. on the home menu some of the pictures that are supposed to load when are about to select a game never shows up (assassins creed)

#28 Posted by lostrib (34428 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

Also notice in the February update it says they did significant performance increases this must be some Drivers in preparation for the new SDK kits going out to developers so expect next wave of games coming to start running and being 1080p and such things are only going up on Xbox One

Next wave of games when? You sure are drinking the MS kool-aid

#29 Edited by Desmonic (13417 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@Desmonic said:

I was wondering why my XOne went to a black screen after a session of TF. I couldn't get it to come back on at all even though I could hear the sounds from moving my controller. In the end I had to unplug the power cable and plug it back in before everything returned to normal.

It should be an easy fix, worry not (from what I've heard at least). It was just to spite TC more than anything else really :P

But yeah, I can imagine it being annoying, especially for MP games like Titanfall.

#30 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

With all this news on the xbox update I hope sony isn't just sitting around looking at all the money they made, or the competition will pass them. I want some themes damnit and other missing features like media playback.

Also they should work on making things faster because music unlimited sometimes never loads the picture of the album or it takes a really long time. on the home menu some of the pictures that are supposed to load when are about to select a game never shows up (assassins creed)

Yeah like I said in about a year when MS works the kinks out no question Xbox One and Live will be the leading standard as normal for best online gaming and features.

#31 Edited by Shewgenja (8463 posts) -

@Ghost120x said:

Roffl. There was an update this week to the PS4. It's just that PS4 owners aren't so desperate for good news that they marched to forums to talk about it.

You should know that, already. You own one, right?

#32 Edited by GTSaiyanjin2 (5813 posts) -

yeah i can send a message and not have my TV cutout on me... nice to see the xbone getting updates, but I still dont like the console.

#33 Edited by killzowned24 (7298 posts) -
@me3x12 said:

@killzowned24 said:

Installs are fine I was updating the new 3gig Forza 5 update yesterday why I was playing Titanfall and it was a breeze I played a match of Titanfall and when i was done it had already updated in the background and I was running laps on the new Road America track easy peazzy

Fine would be the ability to get into 20GB retail games in under a minute like PS4.

#34 Edited by Animal-Mother (26554 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@me3x12 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@me3x12 said:

Sorry your used to getting bad updates on PSN and waiting and never getting great features but on Xbox Live we are used to getting frequent updates to make our service and system the BOSS!!!

I have an xbox one in my house..... Soooooo yeah that invalidates your point. Try harder next time. Als i'm buying the titanfall bundle for myself in march. Also my PS4 also launched feature rich. I got 4-5 free games with my launch PS4 a working party chat and hard drive management.....

#35 Posted by Roler42 (591 posts) -

The Kinect was updated?

Nice job of microsoft for updating a device that is absolutely USELESS for gaming :)

#36 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3527 posts) -

OMG MS released an update to improve things on their system, I would've never thought they would do that!!! Well fuck me sideways I'm going to buy one right now!!! Honesty TC what are you like 8 years old with ADD, do you need attention that badly? Every system provides updates hell steam updates like everyday you don't see people posting about that.

#37 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@kingtito: you're still mad at me for owning you after all these months? Damn, your butthurt is legendary. Quit your crying already, I'm tired of swimming in your tears.

#38 Edited by iwasgood2u (720 posts) -

I guess lemmings energy been drained out from all the xboner bad news so they turn to the updates and secret sause to sleep better at night.

#39 Posted by WhineyHen (15 posts) -

I'll preface my post by saying that I'm a long-time PlayStation fan, but I'll also point out that I had the original Xbox and the Xbox 360 (which I dearly loved and have many fond memories of). I'd also like to stress that although I personally prefer Sony's offerings, I have immense respect for Microsoft and I love to see them succeed as well (in other areas as well as in the console market).

Now that the above is out the way, I can't help but comment on me3x12's activities on this board. There are always going to be fanboys for pretty much any big brand/platform, but this guy really takes it to a whole different level. Wow. All signs point to a massive inferiority complex that probably derives from an inability to accept that the PS4 is a clearly superior console when compared to the Xbox One in terms of hardware and therefore graphics performance. I believe this delusion also stemmed from the Xbox 360's dominance over most of the previous generation up until now.

The PS4's hardware advantage is 100% undeniable, as has probably been stated in response to every single one of TC's threads. It is, however, my honest opinion that this doesn't make the PS4 a 'better console', because (as we all know) a console is more than just its hardware. It's the whole experience, the game library, the interface, online community, multimedia capabilities and so on. I actually think that this generation is going to be an incredibly enjoyable and exciting one (and that it is already). I also think it's great that Microsoft and Sony went down two quite different paths and I think it's going to be really interesting to see how this generation plays out.

OK, so I'm expecting that me3x12 is going to reply to this post, so here's what I want to make clear: I am NOT attacking the Xbox One, I am just stating the facts. I think that the Xbox One is a great console and I firmly believe that strong competition is hugely beneficial to both sides of the 'war'. I can also honestly say that the main reason I haven't bought an Xbox One is actually because I currently do my console gaming up close on a 23" PC monitor with not much room around my setup. That means that being able to stand my PlayStations up vertically (1st-gen PS3 and PS4) is really convenient, and it also means that Kinect just won't work for me because I'm far too close to the display to be able to use it.

What I'd like to help the TC understand is that he really, really doesn't need to keep going on and on with this crusade to defeat all Xbox One non-believers. It's a really frivolous and frustrating affair to watch and I genuinely believe that it would be of benefit to everyone here, especially me3x12 himself, if he stops.

To address me3x12 directly: dude, I'm trying to do you a favour by convincing you that there's just no point in continuing this Xbox One missionary stuff. You're not going to convince any PlayStation (or Wii/Wii U) fans that they've made a horrible choice and that they should sell their consoles and switch sides. You're not going to make Xbox One owners feel any better; I'd even go as far as to say that you're just embarrassing them with what seems like an on-going desperate attempt to justify your personal preference and convince everyone (yourself included) that the Xbox One is going to somehow become far more powerful than the PS4 through software alone (which is simply nonsense). It really DOESN'T MATTER, and there's just NO POINT in posting new thread after new thread about how you think the Xbox One is going to rule the world. Xbox One is in absolutely no danger of flopping, and it doesn't even matter if it's not (ironically) number 1. Xbox One is a fantastic entertainment system and you've got years of joy coming your way. You don't need to worry about there being a faster piece of kit out there; you'll be enjoying the same multi-platform games, and you'll be benefitting from some amazing exclusives.

Just relax, stop stressing yourself (and everyone else) out and enjoy your console. Please! It almost seems like you spend more time cooking up these threads than actually getting fun out of your awesome Xbox One.

#40 Edited by tyloss (829 posts) -

This is thread worthy? Lems must be really desperate for good news.

#41 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3527 posts) -

@whineyhen: you're making too much sense and far more intelligent than him, he won't like that he's going to call you a fanboy and say that you abandoned your console, though it is nice to see someone with reason and not blind completely I give you a huge thumbs up!

#42 Posted by iwasgood2u (720 posts) -

I guess lemmings energy been drained out from all the xboner bad news so they turn to the updates and secret sauce to sleep better at night.

#43 Posted by Alucard_Prime (2743 posts) -

New update is great, that is one of things I have always liked about XBL. The 360 got constant updates like this over its lifetime, same will be true for the X1. Some things should have been there from day 1 like the battery indicator, which is pretty much useless if you use rechargeables, but I like the other things such as the performance improvements and the much quicker access to the achivements. The instant switch is faster than before its crazy, I switch to other things while the game is loading lol.

#44 Posted by cainetao11 (16875 posts) -

@me3x12 said:

If you have got the latest software update for Xbox One you will notice that things seem to be much smoother. One thing that is noticeable is the Kinect seems more responsive and smooth. It seems like it hears you better really clear now and is responsive. The UI is smoother and responsive and added some nice new features like storage management and friends and party changes for the better. They also did some performance increases on the back end for better game performance so we should see games running better soon and with new releases.

http://www.dailytech.com/Xbox+One+February+Update+Arrives+with+Numerous+Improvements/article34342.htm

Ok, I lean towards Lem, guy. Because I am American. Not for any reason than that. In 2007, on G4's coverage of Tokyo game show, a Japanese reporter said that Japanese people would rather support a home country system in video gaming. That's why I slightly prefer the 'Box. Now, I still buy PS consoles because they have great games, and I am all about the games. Stop, please, TC. Sony will spank MS in sales as well as Nintendo this gen. Doesn't mean you cant like playing games on X1. But don't be a BLIND fanboy.

#45 Edited by me3x12 (1765 posts) -

Yada

#46 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (13422 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@me3x12 said:

Ok, I lean towards Lem, guy. Because I am American. Not for any reason than that. In 2007, on G4's coverage of Tokyo game show, a Japanese reporter said that Japanese people would rather support a home country system in video gaming. That's why I slightly prefer the 'Box. Now, I still buy PS consoles because they have great games, and I am all about the games. Stop, please, TC. Sony will spank MS in sales as well as Nintendo this gen. Doesn't mean you cant like playing games on X1. But don't be a BLIND fanboy.

lol.

I guess that makes me traitor, that's fine this country is going to shit anyway :P

#47 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2728 posts) -

The xflop is so lame lems are cheering for updates

#48 Posted by Playerpat0 (1686 posts) -

Stop congratulating MS on their failures, wtf is wrong with you.

How is it congratulating them on failures? It is saying way to go for updating. Two different things. Saying the updates are good is not the same as saying leaving these features out is good. Stop Trolling.

#49 Posted by cainetao11 (16875 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4:

Negative dude. That's the beauty of freedom. You don't even have to love America to live, and game here. Free choice is why I always own a PS console. Because it provides great gaming. But I served, and will support in a slight way the American company, nonetheless.

#50 Edited by hoosier7 (3780 posts) -

@ReadingRainbow4:

Negative dude. That's the beauty of freedom. You don't even have to love America to live, and game here. Free choice is why I always own a PS console. Because it provides great gaming. But I served, and will support in a slight way the American company, nonetheless.

Why? They pay most of their taxes to tax havens (i believe they shipped a load of their revenue to Ireland once) and the consoles are all produced in China. The only Americans you're helping is a few millionaires who'll be topping up their already very large bank accounts.