Xbox One is about to slap the PS4 with 8% more powah!

  • 166 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10175 posts) -
#2 Posted by BlessedChill (676 posts) -

Now it'll be a little bit less than half as powerful as the PS4

#3 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

Every little bit will help, but not to the degree that the consistent driver updates will. But there will always be a overall performance gap in terms of in-game engines. There's no closing that, though it will close closer as time passes simply cause devs get better tools and more familiar with the system.

That 8% won't slap Sony. Gears of War 4, Halo 5, and Titanfall along with Sony's creditors will slap them :)

#4 Posted by Netret0120 (2084 posts) -

Yay lemmings?

#5 Posted by StormyJoe (5115 posts) -

Now it'll be a little bit less than half as powerful as the PS4

And you called me "ignorant" in another thread... LOL!!!!

Cows gonna cow.

#6 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2780 posts) -

8 percent that's like what 5fps lmao

#7 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4650 posts) -
@BlessedChill said:

Now it'll be a little bit less than half as powerful as the PS4

mathematical proof that xb1 was ever less than half the power of ps4?

my proof that it wasn't:

ps4 = 1.84 tf

xb1 = 1.23 tf

1.23 / 1.84 = ~0.66, so 66%

"Now it'll be a little bit more than 66% of the ps4's power"

#8 Edited by donalbane (16262 posts) -

It will be welcome, but what's the best it could do? An 8% resolution or framerate boost? In the case of framerategate going on with Tomb Raider, that would amount to about to 20 frames per second (at it's lowest) instead of 18. And that's rounding up!

#9 Posted by Articuno76 (18774 posts) -

Ah, the Tesco approach to optimisation.

#10 Posted by pc-ps360 (3458 posts) -

@BlessedChill: ps4 is no where near as 50percent mroe powerful. tombraider is averaging 20 fps more on ps4 than wat is on xbone with same graphics. that not 50 percent more power, but still its better. ms screwed up big time, i have a ps3 but never really like it or like the sony brand and prefered xb360 but this gen ps4 is the only resonable choice after all like last gen multiplats will be the best games and ps4 is outclassing xbone in that.

they messed up the kinect costs almost as much as the xbone console according to reports, if ms was not stubborn they would have release at 499 console way more powerfull than ps4 but it too late for them, they forced the kinect and underpowered their console.

#11 Posted by Couth_ (10059 posts) -

@BlessedChill said:

Now it'll be a little bit less than half as powerful as the PS4

mathematical proof that xb1 was ever less than half the power of ps4?

my proof that it wasn't:

ps4 = 1.84 tf

xb1 = 1.23 tf

1.23 / 1.84 = ~0.66, so 66%

"Now it'll be a little bit more than 66% of the ps4's power"

It never was.. PS4 was/is 50% more powerful than the xbone.. Or you can say that the xbone is 33% weaker than the PS4, but obviously the 50% value sounds more powerful. Most people just suck at interpreting numbers

#12 Posted by kingtito (4905 posts) -

@BlessedChill said:

Now it'll be a little bit less than half as powerful as the PS4

mathematical proof that xb1 was ever less than half the power of ps4?

my proof that it wasn't:

ps4 = 1.84 tf

xb1 = 1.23 tf

1.23 / 1.84 = ~0.66, so 66%

"Now it'll be a little bit more than 66% of the ps4's power"

1.3tf before the 8% bump. Not sure why you cows keep forgetting this

#13 Posted by Shewgenja (8777 posts) -

Ah, the Tesco approach to optimisation.

Love that place! Where else can you get all your fresh veggies, sandwiches, sushi and a litre of vodka? Tesco rocks!

#14 Edited by NFJSupreme (5295 posts) -

Means nothing much in the grand scheme of things

#15 Posted by ni6htmare01 (929 posts) -
#16 Edited by jer_1 (7451 posts) -

Soooo, 8% more power when it's lagging by like 30 or 40%? Why would this matter IRL?

Basically they'll gain like 1 or 2 fps for that 30fps game.

#17 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13821 posts) -

#18 Edited by AzatiS (7515 posts) -

But ..but i thought M$ didnt care about all this "power" drama !! Seems they DO! And they better do because losing momentum on the multiplatform war is a big deal. Period.

#19 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4650 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@BlessedChill said:

Now it'll be a little bit less than half as powerful as the PS4

mathematical proof that xb1 was ever less than half the power of ps4?

my proof that it wasn't:

ps4 = 1.84 tf

xb1 = 1.23 tf

1.23 / 1.84 = ~0.66, so 66%

"Now it'll be a little bit more than 66% of the ps4's power"

1.3tf before the 8% bump. Not sure why you cows keep forgetting this

To whom are you speaking?

#20 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10175 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

Every little bit will help, but not to the degree that the consistent driver updates will. But there will always be a overall performance gap in terms of in-game engines. There's no closing that, though it will close closer as time passes simply cause devs get better tools and more familiar with the system.

That 8% won't slap Sony. Gears of War 4, Halo 5, and Titanfall along with Sony's creditors will slap them :)

Looking forward to that!

#21 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10175 posts) -
#22 Posted by Heil68 (43951 posts) -

So the PS4 is 42% more powerful then? Still the world's most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history of video games.

#23 Posted by Dire_Weasel (16000 posts) -

The 8% is being returned from the is the 10% overhead which was reserved for Kinect. The same 10% overhead that was originally denied here by many of my favorite posters here at SW.

Now it's only a 2% overhead, which is good news, but the Xbox One still has 2% reserved for Kinect, but it still seems like 2% too much.

#24 Posted by kingtito (4905 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@BlessedChill said:

Now it'll be a little bit less than half as powerful as the PS4

mathematical proof that xb1 was ever less than half the power of ps4?

my proof that it wasn't:

ps4 = 1.84 tf

xb1 = 1.23 tf

1.23 / 1.84 = ~0.66, so 66%

"Now it'll be a little bit more than 66% of the ps4's power"

1.3tf before the 8% bump. Not sure why you cows keep forgetting this

To whom are you speaking?

Every cow that uses the 1.2tf argument. They keep comparing the 1.84tf PS4 to the 1.23tf XOne when it's actually slightly higher. Not that it'll make much of a difference but if they're going to continue to bring it up at least be accurate.

#25 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10175 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

So the PS4 is 42% more powerful then? Still the world's most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history of video games.

And the X1 is the most innovative console that has ever been created in the history of gaming.....that's why I have both.

#26 Edited by SolidTy (42798 posts) -
#27 Edited by Wasdie (49747 posts) -

That's not really closing the gap. Looking at the actual numbers of the GPU, before the resources are allocated, the PS4 has more raw power. Any resources allocated by the OS is just widening the gap even further.

That little patch isn't going to make Ghosts run at 60fps at 1080p like on the PS4 or solve the framerate problems that Tomb Raider has on the Xbox One.

#28 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150710 posts) -

That really isn't going to make an impact.....

#29 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4650 posts) -

@kingtito said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

@kingtito said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@BlessedChill said:

Now it'll be a little bit less than half as powerful as the PS4

mathematical proof that xb1 was ever less than half the power of ps4?

my proof that it wasn't:

ps4 = 1.84 tf

xb1 = 1.23 tf

1.23 / 1.84 = ~0.66, so 66%

"Now it'll be a little bit more than 66% of the ps4's power"

1.3tf before the 8% bump. Not sure why you cows keep forgetting this

To whom are you speaking?

Every cow that uses the 1.2tf argument. They keep comparing the 1.84tf PS4 to the 1.23tf XOne when it's actually slightly higher. Not that it'll make much of a difference but if they're going to continue to bring it up at least be accurate.

it just seemed very out of place for you to quote this conversation like that.

i mean, you're saying be accurate, and of the two arguments to pick on, the 50% argument and the 66% one, you pick on the 66% - the 66% one is more accurate. i mean really,you claim to have this protocol to 'be accurate', and then you criticise the argument which is not only more accurate of the two, but actually knocks the playstation down a peg.

seriously. your insult was not only hypocritical by arguing about a lack of accuracy then attacking the more accurate comparison of console power. but you make a personal attack against - a person pointing out the ps4's power is not that great, and call them a supporter of the sony brand!

i mean really? what exactly are you doing? me a sony fanboy? get your hand off it.

#30 Edited by gago-gago (9445 posts) -

The PS4 is stuck while the Xbox One could continue to get more powerful and powerful.

#31 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23612 posts) -

lol, 8%.

that's enough to what?

make ryse play itself slightly better?

#32 Posted by Pray_to_me (2837 posts) -

lol XBox bum

#33 Edited by kingtito (4905 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

@kingtito said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

@kingtito said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@BlessedChill said:

Now it'll be a little bit less than half as powerful as the PS4

mathematical proof that xb1 was ever less than half the power of ps4?

my proof that it wasn't:

ps4 = 1.84 tf

xb1 = 1.23 tf

1.23 / 1.84 = ~0.66, so 66%

"Now it'll be a little bit more than 66% of the ps4's power"

1.3tf before the 8% bump. Not sure why you cows keep forgetting this

To whom are you speaking?

Every cow that uses the 1.2tf argument. They keep comparing the 1.84tf PS4 to the 1.23tf XOne when it's actually slightly higher. Not that it'll make much of a difference but if they're going to continue to bring it up at least be accurate.

it just seemed very out of place for you to quote this conversation like that.

i mean, you're saying be accurate, and of the two arguments to pick on, the 50% argument and the 66% one, you pick on the 66% - the 66% one is more accurate. i mean really,you claim to have this protocol to 'be accurate', and then you criticise the argument which is not only more accurate of the two, but actually knocks the playstation down a peg.

seriously. your insult was not only hypocritical by arguing about a lack of accuracy then attacking the more accurate comparison of console power. but you make a personal attack against - a person pointing out the ps4's power is not that great, and call them a supporter of the sony brand!

i mean really? what exactly are you doing? me a sony fanboy? get your hand off it.

WTF are you talking about. I'm not picking sides for these arguments. I'm merely saying the the 1.23tf is wrong and it's actually more like 1.3tf. How the hell am I taking sides for any argument? I don't care if the PS4 is more powerful.

I wasn't calling you a Sony fanboy. My comment was more directed towards the cows that continually point to the 1.23tf XOne spec. My bad for making it seem like I called you a cow, I wasn't.

Your entire post was off base though.

#34 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10175 posts) -

lol, 8%.

that's enough to what?

make ryse play itself slightly better?

Ryse is actually a fun game to PLAY

#35 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

If anyone bothered to click the link the title is.

Rumor: Xbox One Might Be Getting Graphics Performance Patch

Yeah for Rumors..... and if anyone bothered to read it it says that they will cutting the Kinect % down from 10% to 2% which would make the Kinect functionless other than for voice commands. Which brings up a whole set of other issues. Obviously MS is desperate if they're basically shutting down the Kinect to try and squeeze every little bit of bower out of it.

#36 Edited by Draign (691 posts) -

Pilot, Prepare for TitanFall.

#37 Posted by Shielder7 (5152 posts) -

The PS4 is stuck while the Xbox One could continue to get more powerful and powerful.

since they're just stealing the 8% from the Kinect I'd say No

#38 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10175 posts) -

If anyone bothered to click the link the title is.

Rumor: Xbox One Might Be Getting Graphics Performance Patch

Yeah for Rumors..... and if anyone bothered to read it it says that they will cutting the Kinect % down from 10% to 2% which would make the Kinect functionless other than for voice commands. Which brings up a whole set of other issues. Obviously MS is desperate if they're basically shutting down the Kinect to try and squeeze every little bit of bower out of it.

Cows love rumors, what are you talking about.

#39 Posted by Phazevariance (10942 posts) -

If anyone bothered to click the link the title is.

Rumor: Xbox One Might Be Getting Graphics Performance Patch

Yeah for Rumors..... and if anyone bothered to read it it says that they will cutting the Kinect % down from 10% to 2% which would make the Kinect functionless other than for voice commands. Which brings up a whole set of other issues. Obviously MS is desperate if they're basically shutting down the Kinect to try and squeeze every little bit of bower out of it.

No it says that devs won't be forced to keep 10% for kinect (8% for video and 2 % for voice) and will instead have the ability to use that 8% for video as they want. The 2% for voice is so that you can still swap to other apps/games using your voice but since most games don't use the kinect video functions, having it turned off gives devs that 8% back.

8% isn't much but its definitely better than 0% extra.

#40 Edited by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

8 percent that's like what 5fps lmao

More like 3fps.

#41 Posted by StrongBlackVine (8418 posts) -

@draign said:

Pilot, Prepare for TitanFall.

Another shooter after you all have spent the last 3 months playing COD and BF4 non-stop? All those games are repetitive crap. Team deathmatch needs to die.

#42 Posted by tormentos (17694 posts) -

8 percent that's like what 5fps lmao

No actually like 3 FPS...

hahaha

@pc-ps360 said:

@BlessedChill: ps4 is no where near as 50percent mroe powerful. tombraider is averaging 20 fps more on ps4 than wat is on xbone with same graphics. that not 50 percent more power, but still its better. ms screwed up big time, i have a ps3 but never really like it or like the sony brand and prefered xb360 but this gen ps4 is the only resonable choice after all like last gen multiplats will be the best games and ps4 is outclassing xbone in that.

they messed up the kinect costs almost as much as the xbone console according to reports, if ms was not stubborn they would have release at 499 console way more powerfull than ps4 but it too late for them, they forced the kinect and underpowered their console.

Dude did you see DF videos,in many instances the difference is 100%,the xbox one ran at 30 the PS4 version at 60,that difference is 100%,and is 21 FPS in average which more than 50% what is 50% of 30FPS dude.?

Oh and is not the same graphics either several videos running show,the PS4 has extra detail vs the xbox one,and the xbox one also crushed blacks more to.

@kingtito said:

Every cow that uses the 1.2tf argument. They keep comparing the 1.84tf PS4 to the 1.23tf XOne when it's actually slightly higher. Not that it'll make much of a difference but if they're going to continue to bring it up at least be accurate.

The xbox one is 1.31 TF with a 10% GPU reservation it falls to 1.18 TF,now with the 8% that MS will give back it will be 1.28TF more or less which is basically what a 7770 has in the tank for power,nothing really change aside from 2 or 3 frames at the most.

@Heil68 said:

So the PS4 is 42% more powerful then? Still the world's most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history of video games.

And the X1 is the most innovative console that has ever been created in the history of gaming.....that's why I have both.

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa................

The PS4 is stuck while the Xbox One could continue to get more powerful and powerful.

No wait wait hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

@kingtito said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@BlessedChill said:

Now it'll be a little bit less than half as powerful as the PS4

mathematical proof that xb1 was ever less than half the power of ps4?

my proof that it wasn't:

ps4 = 1.84 tf

xb1 = 1.23 tf

1.23 / 1.84 = ~0.66, so 66%

"Now it'll be a little bit more than 66% of the ps4's power"

1.3tf before the 8% bump. Not sure why you cows keep forgetting this

This is wrong the xbox one GPU is 1.18 TF before the bump,this is not an actual bump is a return of resources,the xbox one is 1.31TF with a 10% reservation which leave only 1.18TF of usable power the rest was lock,now from that 10% MS will give back 8%,which will rise the spec to 1.28TF..

The way you make it sound is like the GPU is 1.3TF and will receive an 8% increase which is wrong.

#43 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

lawls

i am lem on here, but 8 % isn't much

Either way these system will continue for next 5 years to get updates to their hardware...

#44 Edited by kingtito (4905 posts) -

@no-scope-AK47 said:

8 percent that's like what 5fps lmao

No actually like 3 FPS...

hahaha

@pc-ps360 said:

@BlessedChill: ps4 is no where near as 50percent mroe powerful. tombraider is averaging 20 fps more on ps4 than wat is on xbone with same graphics. that not 50 percent more power, but still its better. ms screwed up big time, i have a ps3 but never really like it or like the sony brand and prefered xb360 but this gen ps4 is the only resonable choice after all like last gen multiplats will be the best games and ps4 is outclassing xbone in that.

they messed up the kinect costs almost as much as the xbone console according to reports, if ms was not stubborn they would have release at 499 console way more powerfull than ps4 but it too late for them, they forced the kinect and underpowered their console.

Dude did you see DF videos,in many instances the difference is 100%,the xbox one ran at 30 the PS4 version at 60,that difference is 100%,and is 21 FPS in average which more than 50% what is 50% of 30FPS dude.?

Oh and is not the same graphics either several videos running show,the PS4 has extra detail vs the xbox one,and the xbox one also crushed blacks more to.

@kingtito said:

Every cow that uses the 1.2tf argument. They keep comparing the 1.84tf PS4 to the 1.23tf XOne when it's actually slightly higher. Not that it'll make much of a difference but if they're going to continue to bring it up at least be accurate.

The xbox one is 1.31 TF with a 10% GPU reservation it falls to 1.18 TF,now with the 8% that MS will give back it will be 1.28TF more or less which is basically what a 7770 has in the tank for power,nothing really change aside from 2 or 3 frames at the most.

@chikenfriedrice said:

@Heil68 said:

So the PS4 is 42% more powerful then? Still the world's most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history of video games.

And the X1 is the most innovative console that has ever been created in the history of gaming.....that's why I have both.

Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa................

@gago-gago said:

The PS4 is stuck while the Xbox One could continue to get more powerful and powerful.

No wait wait hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

@kingtito said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@BlessedChill said:

Now it'll be a little bit less than half as powerful as the PS4

mathematical proof that xb1 was ever less than half the power of ps4?

my proof that it wasn't:

ps4 = 1.84 tf

xb1 = 1.23 tf

1.23 / 1.84 = ~0.66, so 66%

"Now it'll be a little bit more than 66% of the ps4's power"

1.3tf before the 8% bump. Not sure why you cows keep forgetting this

This is wrong the xbox one GPU is 1.18 TF before the bump,this is not an actual bump is a return of resources,the xbox one is 1.31TF with a 10% reservation which leave only 1.18TF of usable power the rest was lock,now from that 10% MS will give back 8%,which will rise the spec to 1.28TF..

The way you make it sound is like the GPU is 1.3TF and will receive an 8% increase which is wrong.

Prove it cow?

#45 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4650 posts) -

@tormentos: i like your discussion of the relative power and maths involved, cheers. do you know if 100% of the ps4 gpu is available for games, or do any processes utilise a portion of gpu? eg: is 100% of the 1.84 TF available for games.

#46 Posted by HEB86 (10 posts) -

LOL Lemmings clutching to dreams. In this case a PATCH!! to unlock the secret powers of the xb1 LMAO

#47 Posted by Draign (691 posts) -

@draign said:

Pilot, Prepare for TitanFall.

Another shooter after you all have spent the last 3 months playing COD and BF4 non-stop? All those games are repetitive crap. Team deathmatch needs to die.

Pfft, I havent played any of those games. I want a next gen shooter. Bring on TitanFall :-)

#48 Edited by tormentos (17694 posts) -

If anyone bothered to click the link the title is.

Rumor: Xbox One Might Be Getting Graphics Performance Patch

Yeah for Rumors..... and if anyone bothered to read it it says that they will cutting the Kinect % down from 10% to 2% which would make the Kinect functionless other than for voice commands. Which brings up a whole set of other issues. Obviously MS is desperate if they're basically shutting down the Kinect to try and squeeze every little bit of

I guess this is MS way of saying prepare for a $399 xbox one without Kinect...

They are desperate they know the difference is big and developers are actually not caring to leave both version at par,and after Albert Panello make a fool of him self,saying MS invented DirectX and they would now allow sony to have 50% advantage (as if they could do anything) and claiming that the performance delta was small and that games would speak for it sell,games showing 20FPS more on the PS4 version or double the resolution like on Ghost or having a 900p vs 720p advantage + 10 FPS across the board like on BF4,are making MS and the xbox one look sad,the console is more expensive and under performing badly.

lawls

i am lem on here, but 8 % isn't much

Either way these system will continue for next 5 years to get updates to their hardware...

Yeah so will the PS4 they all do and the gap will not get closer than the spec allow it to be.

#49 Edited by chikenfriedrice (10175 posts) -

@tormentos You really can't laugh unless you have experienced this all in one media gaming device in your own home. It's the center of my game room and if it's not being used for gaming it's being used for it's intuitive tv integration and apps. So your opinions are really uninformed.

#50 Posted by FragTycoon (6430 posts) -

Every time I think Lems can't get any more desperate.... threads like this pop up.

No amount of magic marketing is going to make a XBO more powerful than a PS4.

with it, deal