Xbox One hate

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Heclogit (377 posts) -

I really don't get the hate people have for the system. Some of those features are pretty nice to have. I don't watch much TV but it is nice you can watch sports while playing video games on the same screen. That is a useful feature to a lot of people. Also the system has some good exclusives. Forza, Dead Rising 3 and Titan Fall. Power star Golf is really fun to. I will always get multi plats on X1 the controller is legit. PS4s isn't bad but just feels cheap in comparison. Infamous Second Son is by far the best game on either system. I'm having a great time. Just don't get the X1 hate.

#2 Posted by misterpmedia (5450 posts) -

Inb4: Lock. Xbox sucks.

#3 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Yo @misterpmedia what's misterx been up to? I don't want to give his crap site the hits, even if it is to see meltdowns.

#4 Posted by Spartan070 (16391 posts) -

Explanation of the hate = System Wars

#5 Posted by Netret0120 (3052 posts) -

This wouldn't be "System wars" If people didn't bash eachothers consoles. I see the value in the X1 but i have absolutely no interest in it and would not buy one even if i had the money to.

#6 Posted by misterpmedia (5450 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Yo @misterpmedia what's misterx been up to? I don't want to give his crap site the hits, even if it is to see meltdowns.

You'll find out when he posts a new blog post. It should be full of epic meltdowns or some serious A+ mind gymnastics.

#7 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

Xbox comes with DRM when you unbox it, it requires a kinect camera in the bundle. It's more expensive, is less powerful, has less games coming out for it, has a terrible UI. Should i go on?

#8 Posted by Telekill (5530 posts) -

I don't hate the X1. In fact, I still want to play Killer Instinct. The problem is that I highly dislike Microsoft and their Nazi policies. Apple is just as bad. Guess what? The only Microsoft product in my home is Windows as it was preinstalled and I'm a PC guy. The only Apple product in my home is my wife's iphone. I refuse to buy from those two companies.

#9 Posted by Puggy301 (160 posts) -

I don't hate the X1 either. I just don't want anything to do with Kinect & don't want to pay $100 extra for a device that will just collect dust in the back of my closet. As soon as M$ offers a Kinectless X1 package I'll buy one, as will, undoubtedly, many, many others.

#10 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

I'm apathetic towards it for now. Until Quantom Break, more Halo, faster game installs, price drops and whatever. Also I don't understand watching TV and playing games on the same screen? Is that seriously a thing? Why is this a selling point? What a bizarre feature. The PS4 doesn't look particularly fantastic at present either but on the other hand Sony haven't really done anything wrong with it.

#11 Edited by Heclogit (377 posts) -

Watching NBA play offs and Baseball for me is handy while playing sports games because I'm capable of doing both at the same time. I didn't think I would like kinect and I don't like the camera features. Voice control is handy though. I love the fact that Xbox on turns on your system and TV without needing any remote.

#12 Posted by LJS9502_basic (155614 posts) -

@Netret0120 said:

This wouldn't be "System wars" If people didn't bash eachothers consoles. I see the value in the X1 but i have absolutely no interest in it and would not buy one even if i had the money to.

Value is subjective....

#13 Posted by Heclogit (377 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic:

Value is subjective and so is the statement even if I did have the money I wouldn't want one. Because in general all gamers who have the money would prefer to have both.

#14 Posted by LJS9502_basic (155614 posts) -

@Heclogit said:

@LJS9502_basic:

Value is subjective and so is the statement even if I did have the money I wouldn't want one. Because in general all gamers who have the money would prefer to have both.

Not necessarily. There are many people who get by with one and don't mind that. Don't generalize.

#15 Posted by NFJSupreme (5674 posts) -

It's called group think. Most people, especially on the Internet, are sheep and just follow the crowd.

#16 Posted by YD_11 (1867 posts) -

its hard to understand. It has the better games and better features. I guess it costs more and people are scared of a camera but to me the more money is for a better piece of tech

#17 Posted by AdobeArtist (23411 posts) -

Sorry Heclogit, but as per the System Wars Survival Guide (see the sticky) users must have at least 500 posts before they can create threads in this board.