Xbox One GPU reservation restrictions to be lifted

This topic is locked from further discussion.

erazor51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 erazor51
Member since 2003 • 339 Posts

10% more power that the developers can leverage

Microsoft has decided that it will allow developers to access a pool of GPU power that was previously reserved for Kinect and app functionality. While this conservative 10% time-sliced reservation will be able to be leveraged to give developers more processing power, it isnt clear how soon exactly Microsoft will actually left the restriction. 

It is difficult to know exactly if this will allow Microsoft to be able to boost the GPU speed beyond the current 853MHz that is believed to be the current speed that Microsoft has opted for after testing. In addition Microsoft is planning to open the GPU reservation time to allow developers additional flexibility, but a time table of exactly when this will be able to be used by developers isnt yet clear.

Read more here.

Link: http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/32704-xbox-one-gpu-reservation-restrictions-to-be-lifted

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
already a thread http://au.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29454968/eurogamer-reports-that-microsoft-will-unlock-10-percent-more-power-for-the-xbo
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

So, it's back to 1.2 TFLops until this restriction is arbitrarily lifted.  LOL!!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

10%

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

lol

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shewgenja

As if it will matter when compared to the PS4..  Good luck with your bragging rights over WiiU games, Lems.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 campzor

As if it will matter when compared to the PS4..  Good luck with your bragging rights over WiiU games, Lems.

Shewgenja

BluRayHiDef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 BluRayHiDef
Member since 2009 • 10839 Posts

Shewgenja

:lol:

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts
Lol another Leadbetter spin. Shame all this is is optimisation allowing more resources to go back to games, pretty much what everyone expected and what Sony will also be doing.
Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Thunder7151
Member since 2013 • 456 Posts
Wow! Any good news about the XBOX ONE and the cows jump all over it and ridicule it. They are obviously scared of the XBOX ONE's potential. On the other hand, I am getting both consoles (XBOX ONE and PS4), and I am quite sure they will end up being equally powerful machines. But I will give props to the XBOX ONE where props are due, and it's a very impressive machine!
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 campzor
Wow! Any good news about the XBOX ONE and the cows jump all over it and ridicule it. They are obviously scared of the XBOX ONE's potential. On the other hand, I am getting both consoles (XBOX ONE and PS4), and I am quite sure they will end up being equally powerful machines. But I will give props to the XBOX ONE where props are due, and it's a very impressive machine!Thunder7151
its not good news. go educate urself here http://au.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29454968/eurogamer-reports-that-microsoft-will-unlock-10-percent-more-power-for-the-xbo
GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts

As if it will matter when compared to the PS4.

Shewgenja
Well, you don't have to compare it to the PS4. :D
Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shewgenja
[QUOTE="Shewgenja"]

GiantAssPanda

Couldn't agree with you more. It will be fun seeing Lems and Sheep go at each other this gen.
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
My mother sees me and she always bother. My father trusts me and treats like his father.
GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts
[QUOTE="GiantAssPanda"][QUOTE="Shewgenja"]

Shewgenja

Couldn't agree with you more. It will be fun seeing Lems and Sheep go at each other this gen.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9hpnnvmkp1r1xbgc.jpg

All I'm seeing is more GPU powah for X1. Which is always good.
Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Thunder7151
[QUOTE="Thunder7151"]Wow! Any good news about the XBOX ONE and the cows jump all over it and ridicule it. They are obviously scared of the XBOX ONE's potential. On the other hand, I am getting both consoles (XBOX ONE and PS4), and I am quite sure they will end up being equally powerful machines. But I will give props to the XBOX ONE where props are due, and it's a very impressive machine!campzor
its not good news. go educate urself here http://au.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29454968/eurogamer-reports-that-microsoft-will-unlock-10-percent-more-power-for-the-xbo

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 campzor
[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="Thunder7151"]Wow! Any good news about the XBOX ONE and the cows jump all over it and ridicule it. They are obviously scared of the XBOX ONE's potential. On the other hand, I am getting both consoles (XBOX ONE and PS4), and I am quite sure they will end up being equally powerful machines. But I will give props to the XBOX ONE where props are due, and it's a very impressive machine!Thunder7151

well now u do.
cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cloudff7tm
Member since 2006 • 3975 Posts

[QUOTE="GiantAssPanda"]

Well, you don't have to compare it to the PS4. :DShewgenja

Nope. As long as the PS and Xbox brands exist, cows vs lems will be the main battle :P. PS4 being more powerful isn't going to change that. Afterall, there is still who has more/better games and scores to argue about. The Nintendo console will be mostly ignored by raging cows and lems, but they will join together to laugh at it at times even though it is a more than capable competitor as far as games are concerned.

So it's going to be pretty much like this gen was imo, except the PS4 is going to be a bit more powerful than XB this time.  

Raziel831991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Raziel831991
Member since 2013 • 631 Posts

I see Richard Leadbetter keeps advertising the xbox one with bullshit claims. I thought Kinect was "part" of the xbox one experience.

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Thunder7151
[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="Thunder7151"][QUOTE="campzor"] its not good news. go educate urself here http://au.gamespot.com/forums/topic/29454968/eurogamer-reports-that-microsoft-will-unlock-10-percent-more-power-for-the-xbo

well now u do.

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Thunder7151
So it's going to be pretty much like this gen was imo, except the PS4 is going to be a bit more powerful than XB this time.  cloudff7tm
Unproven. Totally UNPROVEN.
cloudff7tm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 cloudff7tm
Member since 2006 • 3975 Posts

[QUOTE="cloudff7tm"]So it's going to be pretty much like this gen was imo, except the PS4 is going to be a bit more powerful than XB this time.  Thunder7151

Well it seems like that is the case. Only time will tell I guess.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

Some are a little insecure about there system.  I guess I would be that way too when my big launch titles are from an average dev in gg and knack and driveclub..   also must stink with all that powah that ryse looks better than anything on the ps4.  Thats with the 10 percent locked and all the dev for the system without the upclock.  Wow lol.

Avatar image for curryboxstation
curryboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 curryboxstation
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Shewgenja
I haven't been paying attention that much as I'm just a sucker for shiny new stuff so I will own both a PS4 and xone (I just can't call it xbone). But I must say that of the videos and games I've seen of the xone they look much more fun and visually speaking overall look better than what the PS4 is offering. Now this may change later but right now I don't see it. Also it's quite immature of you to poke fun at the wiiU because historically Nintendo has always brought the goods. The games are just pure fun. I can tell you that I will be playing my WiiU more than my PS4 this holiday. As a matter of fact I'm not even sure why I'm getting a PS4 right now because there's barely any good selection except for killzone.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

[QUOTE="cloudff7tm"]So it's going to be pretty much like this gen was imo, except the PS4 is going to be a bit more powerful than XB this time. Thunder7151

Refer to prototype-7850 with 12 CUs @860Mhz vs retail 7850 with 16 CUs @ 860Mhz.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/768-shader-pitcairn-review,3196-5.html

0702%20Crysis2%20DX11.png

eXDAI.jpg

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
Xbone keeps getting good news!
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts
Is the PS4 still the most powerful console ever created in the history of video game consoles?
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts
Is the PS4 still the most powerful console ever created in the history of video game consoles? Heil68
For CU/TMU bound workloads, the answer is yes.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts
[QUOTE="Heil68"]Is the PS4 still the most powerful console ever created in the history of video game consoles? ronvalencia
For CU/TMU bound workloads, the answer is yes.

Thanks Ron, just a fact check and possibly a reality check for other. #SDC
Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

You know Microsoft is sweating when they are trying every trick in the book to catch up the the PS4's factory settings.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

[QUOTE="Thunder7151"][QUOTE="cloudff7tm"]So it's going to be pretty much like this gen was imo, except the PS4 is going to be a bit more powerful than XB this time. cloudff7tm

Well it seems like that is the case. Only time will tell I guess.

I'm patient. I'll wait and see what else M$ comes up with.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

Some are a little insecure about there system.  I guess I would be that way too when my big launch titles are from an average dev in gg and knack and driveclub..   also must stink with all that powah that ryse looks better than anything on the ps4.  Thats with the 10 percent locked and all the dev for the system without the upclock.  Wow lol.

XBOunity
just stop, Ryse doesnt even look that good for a linear game, KZ SF looks better all around, why you showing insecurity?
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

xboxiphoneps3

just stop, Ryse doesnt even look that good for a linear game, KZ SF looks better all around, why you showing insecurity?

Ryse looks better.   Just funny with all that powah that sony cant show it where it counts.  Games make cows insecure.  Are you buying knack?   At least you will have more money in your pocket than I.   About 4 games to get for xbox one at launch, I know u cant say the same

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5ba16896d1cc2
Member since 2013 • 2504 Posts

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"][QUOTE="XBOunity"]

XBOunity

Ryse looks better.   Just funny with all that powah that sony cant show it where it counts.  Games make cows insecure.  Are you buying knack?   At least you will have more money in your pocket than I.   About 4 games to get for xbox one at launch, I know u cant say the same

Ryse doesnt look better, id expect it to look better because its a linear game but it doesnt even, please tell me you havent seen 1080p KZ SF multiplayer footage? what resolution is Ryse running at now? im not sure of the resolution Ryse runs at... to be honest i am not really interested in both consoles exclusive launch lineups but KZ SF actually looks pretty good to me, Knack im never buying, Driveclub kind of reminds me of PGR on the old Xbox which is a good thing... im going to be buying BF4, CoD Ghosts, Watch Dogs, NBa 2k14, all these games this holiday season. i dont really like the ps4 launch exclusive lineup much or the xbox one lineup much at all, but KZ SF looks to be a great game imo, im excited for all these multiplats coming out this holiday season (BF4, ghosts, 2k14, watch dogs, etc.) thats what i am really excited about, and i think that ps4 will probably run these games slightly better then the One
Zophar87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Zophar87
Member since 2008 • 4344 Posts

Even if this does happen it's really not that much, at least not on paper. Fact is that we have the new console coming out in a month and a half, I highly doubt any sort of hardware modification will happen between now and then.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="xboxiphoneps3"] just stop, Ryse doesnt even look that good for a linear game, KZ SF looks better all around, why you showing insecurity? xboxiphoneps3

Ryse doesnt look better, id expect it to look better because its a linear game but it doesnt even, please tell me you havent seen 1080p KZ SF multiplayer footage? what resolution is Ryse running at now? im not sure of the resolution Ryse runs at... to be honest i am not really interested in both consoles exclusive launch lineups but KZ SF actually looks pretty good to me, Knack im never buying, Driveclub kind of reminds me of PGR on the old Xbox which is a good thing... im going to be buying BF4, CoD Ghosts, Watch Dogs, NBa 2k14, all these games this holiday season. i dont really like the ps4 launch exclusive lineup much or the xbox one lineup much at all, but KZ SF looks to be a great game imo, im excited for all these multiplats coming out this holiday season (BF4, ghosts, 2k14, watch dogs, etc.) thats what i am really excited about, and i think that ps4 will probably run these games slightly better then the One

Ryse looks better.  I have seen everything.  Shadowfall is more techincally impressive due to resolution and frame rate at 60 unstable on multiplayer.   Its hard to compare like you said but ryse is a showcase in its own right.  Problem with shadowfall is it looks extremely generic and anyone who has seen titanfall just forgets about killzone.   Ps4 is going to have to live on multiplats but that only takes you so far.  Right now sony is getting its ass handed to them in the games dept.   You do have indies I guess lol.    Hope we see some powah on the ps4 that supports all these sony fans claims.  Because if it isnt aboit games, well then sony has no chance.  Everything media online related goes to the software behemoth msft.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

Yo, we weaker than expected!