Xbox One game boxes - the disc is on the left side!

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Ultrabeatdown55 (15314 posts) -

I was in GameStop and they have display boxes for what the Xbox One and PS4 retail boxes are going to look like for the games, and I happened to open an Xbox One box and where the disc goes is on the left side. It was not upside down because it has Xbox One embroidered on the top. PS4 boxes still have it on the right, where it should be.

So what say you, SW? What do you think about this startling revelation. These are full retail boxes that the games will ship in.

#2 Posted by Chutebox (38003 posts) -

Pure innovation

#3 Posted by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -

Retail, game boxes, discs, what the hell are these things?

#4 Posted by Ultrabeatdown55 (15314 posts) -

@NameIess_One said:

The box the game comes in when you buy it at the store...?

#5 Posted by NameIess_One (1077 posts) -

@Ultrabeatdown55 said:

@NameIess_One said:

The box the game comes in when you buy it at the store...?

There still are stores that sell games in boxes?

Damn, haven't seen one since 1967! :P

#6 Posted by KellyKelly (386 posts) -

It's probably because Microsoft never got anything right this gen

#7 Edited by daveg1 (20342 posts) -

good i like if its doing this a bit diffrent...even if it is just game discs lol

#8 Posted by Allicrombie (25514 posts) -

The end of days has come.

#9 Edited by getyeryayasout (8332 posts) -

Pass the dutchie on the left hand side.

#10 Posted by the330and419 (236 posts) -

Don't worry. Gamers will revolt and MS will start putting them back on the right side.

#11 Edited by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

Welcome to Obama's America.

#12 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

SMART! Best believe it. Really most people is right handed, They pick up the case with the left side of the case While right side is more flimsy. Why not put the disc on the the left.

#13 Edited by Caseytappy (2173 posts) -

STUPID! Best believe it.Most people put the Blu-Ray box down, front label faced up. The disc now will be solely hanging from the smal disc holder instead of being supported by the whole case .

If some of the holder teeth break the disc will be loose in the case with no support .

#15 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25834 posts) -

Ah shit...I'm left handed. This is going to be so awkward and difficult. I can't do anything right handed. I tried to pick up a pencil once with my right hand and it snapped.

#16 Posted by bobbetybob (19297 posts) -

INDIFFERENT! Best believe it. This is the most trivial bullshit I've ever seen.

#17 Posted by Caseytappy (2173 posts) -

This is important !

#18 Posted by silversix_ (15805 posts) -

canned my pre order today and i suggest u do the same, this is ridiculous

#19 Edited by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

@Caseytappy: support! Best believe it. Pretty sure most people stand their games up.

#20 Posted by Caseytappy (2173 posts) -

@k2theswiss said:

@Caseytappy: support! Best believe it. Pretty sure most people stand their games up.

Last time I picked 4 games from my collection to play on the PS3 and tried to stand them up on the table where we where playing .

Took me a good hour and everyone had to hold their breath .

#21 Posted by GrayF0X786 (4030 posts) -

canceled my pre order, thanks Microsoft.

#22 Edited by TheEroica (14381 posts) -

@kellykelly: ZING!

#23 Posted by Sushiglutton (5475 posts) -

Final nail in the coffin?

#24 Posted by danabo (2474 posts) -

@Caseytappy said:

STUPID! Best believe it.Most people put the Blu-Ray box down, front label faced up. The disc now will be solely hanging from the smal disc holder instead of being supported by the whole case .

If some of the holder teeth break the disc will be loose in the case with no support .

This^

#25 Edited by PrincessGomez92 (3766 posts) -

That's so weird.

#26 Posted by Shewgenja (10675 posts) -

Great, so if the mechanism that holds the disc in place is damaged for any reason or the box is bumped in shipping, Microsoft was all like "Hey, we know better than gravity" about it. Damn good thing HD-DVD didn't make it or else you should be seriously concerned about disc scratching.

#27 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

Pffftttttttt Microsoft doesn't even know how cases work

Ah well, just a case of removing the sleeve, flipping the case around and putting it back. If only the rest of the console was as easy to fix.

#28 Edited by NoirLamia777 (2278 posts) -

Well that's just stupid, preorder cancelled.

#29 Posted by AdobeArtist (23025 posts) -

Ohhhhh NO!!! How can this... what is this.... I don't even.... :o

What's next? Mice with d-pads on them? Consoles that you have to assemble yourself? Xbox being the top seller in Japan? Nintendo becoming the graphics leader? Microsoft not charging for online? Dreamcast 6 (yes, acually skipping 2-5) ? Polyphony releasing their games annually? A Fable game that wins GOTY? Mario becoming M rated? Link dating Cortana? Nathan Drake needing to join Weight Watchers?

People getting along in SYSTEM WARS?????? :O :O

But seriously, what the fuck is the big deal here?

#30 Posted by Netret0120 (2869 posts) -

lol so?

Who cares?

#31 Posted by TruthArisen (403 posts) -

Pre-order cancelled.

#32 Edited by RR360DD (13015 posts) -

@the330and419 said:

Don't worry. Gamers will revolt and MS will start putting them back on the right side.

Its Microsoft. I honestly wouldn't be surprised so see some cow petition to change it back.

#33 Edited by 23Jarek23 (2617 posts) -

lol it is too...weird

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_profilepage&v=5Zwt7Ucpi5M#t=181

#34 Edited by Articuno76 (19010 posts) -

@k2theswiss: Hold up, wouldn't that mean that the manual would have to have the spine on the left side to be easily removable? That wouldn't be so weird if your language is read right-to-left but for English it's kinda weird...either that or the manuals will all have to be placed front-side down :S

Or do the pegs that hold the manual down protrude centre-rightwards rather than right-centerwards (which is how I am imagining them).

#35 Edited by blackace (21319 posts) -

@Ultrabeatdown55 said:

I was in GameStop and they have display boxes for what the Xbox One and PS4 retail boxes are going to look like for the games, and I happened to open an Xbox One box and where the disc goes is on the left side. It was not upside down because it has Xbox One embroidered on the top. PS4 boxes still have it on the right, where it should be.

So what say you, SW? What do you think about this startling revelation. These are full retail boxes that the games will ship in.

Someone doesn't know how to set up display boxes. If they are like the XBox 360 & PS3 boxes, you can just move the paper cover and flip it over. Problem solved.

**********************************************************************************************

@silversix_ said:

canned my pre order today and i suggest u do the same, this is ridiculous

You don't have a XB! preorder, cause you a bias trolling cow. lol!! Good try though. No one is canceling there order over this lame crap.

#36 Edited by mems_1224 (48333 posts) -

Cant wait for sony to copy this one

#37 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (43212 posts) -

I would open up the case and my mind would be blown.

#38 Posted by clyde46 (47415 posts) -

MS confirmed for bro's. Drive on the left is the superior way to drive.

#39 Edited by lamprey263 (25252 posts) -

you could always remove the slip, flip it, and flip the manual or whatever on the other side, problem solved, like flipping a PB&J you think looks upside down

still it's just more effort someone shouldn't have to do, my guess is someone didn't set up the display boxes correctly because it didn't really matter

#40 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Just take the outside cover and flip it over and now your games are back on the right side.

#41 Posted by RimacBugatti (1632 posts) -

Definitely getting an Xbox one now. Having the dis on the left really makes $500 price tag even more worth it for the innovation. Go Microsoft!

#42 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

Good. This will make it easier to access games.

#43 Posted by Badosh (12741 posts) -

blasphemy.

#44 Edited by wolverine4262 (20105 posts) -

This is madness!

#45 Posted by OneInchMan99 (1248 posts) -

LOL,I guess that means there's gonna be a lot of lems returning their games to the store because they think the disc has been left out.

#46 Posted by sukraj (23818 posts) -

right handed

#47 Edited by Cyberdot (3903 posts) -

It'll be strange to open a case to find the disc on the left side.

Microsoft always make stupid decisions. Their consoles used to be good...

#48 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6742 posts) -

They can't even get the most basic thing right. Cancelling my preorder.

#49 Edited by Jakandsigz (6341 posts) -

Interesting, good old launch 3DO and launch Jaguar CD cases.

#50 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4322 posts) -

I don't like that too much. I guess it doesn't really matter. Just feels wrong.