Xbox One Elite controller - let me get this straight...

• 65 results
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

It's $149 MSRP.... and it requires AA batteries. Really? AA Batteries... for $149? SMH.

I guess this controller is too 1337 for me.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

LOL

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

Xbone just lost a ton of MLG games like destiny and cod why the hell would anyone want some professional controller for a system that has no pros on it?

babyjoker1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 babyjoker1221
Member since 2015 • 1313 Posts

Yes it requires AA batteries. Why wouldn't it though? That's far superior to having a wired controller after 2 hours of gaming.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

You don't have to buy it.....I think it's amazing but I will not pay that much for a controller.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

@ProtossX said:

Xbone just lost a ton of MLG games like destiny and cod why the hell would anyone want some professional controller for a system that has no pros on it?

So wait no one plays CoD and Destiny on the Xbone?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@ProtossX said:

lol, pros

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

It's a design choice. Some people like using AAs that you can just swap out when they're done.

You have some alternative options if you don't like buying a new pack of batteries every once in awhile.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ProtossX

@coasterguy65 said:
@ProtossX said:

not a professional level if the tournaments are hosted on ps4's you wouldn't be able to use that technology on the ps4 right at the big events?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lostrib

@ProtossX said:
@coasterguy65 said:
@ProtossX said:

not a professional level if the tournaments are hosted on ps4's you wouldn't be able to use that technology on the ps4 right at the big events?

who says they're switching

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

I wish I could buy a DS4 with a battery compartment. Right now I have two of them and it isn't because someone else at my house it playing my PS4. One of them is always on the charger. It is either that, or half the time I am playing the controller would not be wireless.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ProtossX

@lostrib said:
@ProtossX said:
@coasterguy65 said:
@ProtossX said:

destiny has always been an street fighter 5 is already declared ps4 and like cod is switching i think cuz of the huge deal they did

microsoft definetly should of thought about this stuff before bailing on deals, you make deals so your products sell

you don't make a deal ur products don't sell etc like microsoft needs to start thinking everything very througoughly they should have regotten the cod deal and now the maps will be on ps4 first so if tourney drops thats the only place u can play right?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lostrib

@ProtossX said:
@lostrib said:
@ProtossX said:
@coasterguy65 said:
@ProtossX said:

destiny has always been an street fighter 5 is already declared ps4 and like cod is switching i think cuz of the huge deal they did

microsoft definetly should of thought about this stuff before bailing on deals, you make deals so your products sell

you don't make a deal ur products don't sell etc like microsoft needs to start thinking everything very througoughly they should have regotten the cod deal and now the maps will be on ps4 first so if tourney drops thats the only place u can play right?

so you're talking out of your ass?

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#14 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Wiiu pro controller last me all day lol

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

I prefer batteries over a rechargeable controller unless that controller is the WiiU pro controller it just runs on Love and keeps going Nintendo did at least one thing right!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@lostrib said:
@ProtossX said:
@lostrib said:
@ProtossX said:
@coasterguy65 said:
@ProtossX said:

As usual?

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

I prefer to use batteries I can exchange at will as opposed to the controller having an internal battery that just gets worse over time.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

@lostrib said:
@ProtossX said:
@lostrib said:
@ProtossX said:
@coasterguy65 said:
@ProtossX said:

When isn't he. Biggest fake boy on the site

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@2Chalupas said:

It's $149 MSRP.... and it requires AA batteries. Really? AA Batteries... for $149? SMH.

It's getting rave previews.

I don't understand this whole bitching about having batteries. There is a rechargeable battery pack available. And, once the pack goes bad, you can replace it instead of having a useless controller.

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ProtossX

@babyjoker1221 said:

Yes it requires AA batteries. Why wouldn't it though? That's far superior to having a wired controller after 2 hours of gaming.

a lot of pro gamers still use wireless mouse they just don't give a crap like there like oh well i prefer wireless etc same with all there other gear now a days wireless is pretty much on par with wired for everything

its time for wired stuff to die out literally

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By lostrib

@ProtossX: lol no

Fakeboy is fake

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ProtossX

@kingtito said:
@lostrib said:
@ProtossX said:
@lostrib said:
@ProtossX said:
@coasterguy65 said:
@ProtossX said:

When isn't he. Biggest fake boy on the site

I'm a masticore who's not afraid to call out microsoft, sony or nintendo and even steam or pc gamers.

I called out steam on the gta 5 for 80 dollars, i called out sony if they mess up, i called out microsoft and i called out nintendo for that star fox it looks terrible

i call out everyone right now sony is not making any mistakes ive got ps4 it does its job fine, like i said steam just launched gta 5 at 80 dollars that shits not happening on ps4 thats not happening there i call out ppl equally but sony is not messing up right now they are not doing shady shit

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@ProtossX said:

consoles and esprots. LMAO. good one

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lostrib

@ProtossX: I believe the word you're looking for is fakeboy

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

AA batteries + $150 controller + Released in 2015 + For a supposed to be "next gen" console.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Yeah I loled a bit when I saw the price.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

It's wireless and it's not going to run on fresh air, so why not go for the most easily available portable power pack, yes an AA battery (or two).

I guess if it was Sony or Nintendo it would have proprietary cell that you'd have to pay extra for and that would be hailed as a win for gamers!

@ProtossX said:
@babyjoker1221 said:

a lot of pro gamers still use wireless mouse they just don't give a crap like there like oh well i prefer wireless etc same with all there other gear now a days wireless is pretty much on par with wired for everything

Pro PC gamers do not use wireless mice in FPS most of them tend to use older 600 dpi mice for more controlled turning with less over shoot. I don't really know what MOBA and RTS pro's use but I seriously doubt it's anything wireless,

VanDammFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 VanDammFan
Member since 2009 • 4783 Posts

@2Chalupas said:

batteries you can take out and replace always better than the ones you cant..dont know why people fail to see this..

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@ProtossX said:
@babyjoker1221 said:

No pros use wireless,get your crap together.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Not that I would ever consider buying a $150 controller, but if I did I would rather have replaceable batteries (25-30 hours on a set of rechargeable AA, versus 6-7 hours on a charge with my DS4).

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lglz1337

@ProtossX said:

pros on console made me laugh HARD

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By lglz1337

@ProtossX said:
@babyjoker1221 said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

now i died

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22662 Posts

@2Chalupas: thank God for double AA controllers... I much prefer a battery back to an internal battery. I keep them on charge and voila! Fresh controller.

That said.... The internal/external battery conversation has never and will never amount to anything even close to resembling a worthy discussion because the method of managing a controllers battery is pathetically easy to alleviate for anyone with half a brain.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

The price is steep, but me myself I prefer batteries, and get the black Panasonic eneloop, they're awesome.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22662 Posts

@Heil68: it is steep, but I'd be remiss to say I won't own one by gen end.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

That is rather expensive D:

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

@2Chalupas said:

You can opt not to use them. Why a choice is suddenly a bad thing?

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

@crashnburn281 said:

I wish I could buy a DS4 with a battery compartment. Right now I have two of them and it isn't because someone else at my house it playing my PS4. One of them is always on the charger. It is either that, or half the time I am playing the controller would not be wireless.

yeah man i hear you. been doing that since day one and i'm now down to about 2 hours life for each pad. plus a semi-busted R2 on one of them...shoddy :(

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@Heil68: it is steep, but I'd be remiss to say I won't own one by gen end.

We have jobs and disposable income. I'll have one this year I'm betting.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By 2Chalupas

@VanDammFan said:
@2Chalupas said:

batteries you can take out and replace always better than the ones you cant..dont know why people fail to see this..

Then how come we don't all use AA batteries for our smartphones? Why do high end premium home theater remotes use litihium ion battery? For the most part, once you go "premium" it means a lithium ion battery as an upgrade vs. relying on AA cells.

For $150 it should be able to have a lithium ion battery that lasts like a month for gaming LOL. What a joke.

I hate that Dualshock 4 doesn't last as long as Dualshock 3, and that's something I hope Sony fixes eventually. But Dualshock 3 could go a week of solid gaming without having to charge. The plug and charge battery is by far the way to go for me. With my 360 I actually used my wired PC Xbox controller most of the time (if I didn't already have the PC controller, I would have certainly bought the play and charge kit to avoid the stupidity of having to deal with constantly charging AA batteries). .

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 2Chalupas

@Salt_The_Fries said:
@2Chalupas said:

You can opt not to use them. Why a choice is suddenly a bad thing?

Is there a "plug and charge" version? It doesn't seem like there is a choice, although even if there was an option for lithium ion $149 is definitely too much for me regardless. I just found it comical that it is priced this high and STILL relies on AA batteries.

If this controller was REALLY good I might pay a premium, but not that much of one. Last gen I only got my extra controllers when I was able to get them for like $20-30. So for something like this, maybe I would look to pay $50-70 tops... but like I said only if the feedback is that it is a massive upgrade from the regular controller.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Chutebox  Online
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

Oh, didn't see this thread lol

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52425 Posts

Never ever has been price such a turn-off.

**** that noise.

Bruin1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Bruin1986
Member since 2007 • 1629 Posts

It's expensive, but like everything else, you get what you pay for.

Initial impressions I've watched/read from people at E3 are that it's amazingly well built and the changeable parts aren't lose or cheap feeling as is often the case with controllers like this.

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#47  Edited By iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4575 Posts

I wouldn't want a $150 controller that didn't take AA batteries. I'd be mad if the proprietary battery pack died rendering a $150 controller useless. People find the weirdest things to complain about. My #1 complaint on PS4 is the DS4 battery life. Thing only stays charged for 3-4 hrs at a time with heavy use.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Still undecided about this... it's a lot of money! Not sure if it's worth it.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

I will own at least one of these controllers. I've heard nothing but good things from the showroom floor and it looks awesome. If people want to let things like AA batteries keep them from experiencing new things then I feel bad for them.

verbalfilth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 verbalfilth
Member since 2006 • 5043 Posts

Its basically a scuf controller with xbox branding.

Why would anyone be excited about the things when there has been a 3rd party company doing it since forever ago.

All in all, getting it from MS or Scuf, they are both a waste of money imo.

I do just fine with the standard controllers.