Xbox One Controller

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FormerTeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By FormerTeam
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

Who in the Microsoft offices decided to make changes to the original Xbox 360 controller to package this new (definitely not improved) controller? The shoulder buttons are small and terrible. I end up tapping the plastic in between the shoulder button and the trigger a lot. The analogue sticks are sensitive like a woman at month end and the controller feels cheap and light. For a console that has been marketed as high-end hardware .... THEY ARE STILL USING AA BATTERIES FOR THE CONTROLLER??? I know that they have a rechargeable battery pack add-on but the idea of not shipping it with their last two consoles screams lack of vision... do they still think we are stuck in some Tiger handheld generational warp?

Hopefully they come out with another version like the controller-s that replaced the original "hammerhead" xbox controller.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Cool rant.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lundy86_4  Online
Member since 2003 • 61473 Posts

inb4 "HAHA What a waste of $100 million."

I haven't tried it, so I can't really comment.

FormerTeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By FormerTeam

@MonsieurX:

Thanks brah

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

People aren't going to pass on the xbone due to not coming with a rechargeable controller. Many people will buy the rechargeable battery that cost MS $2 to make and sells for $25.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#6 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

I liked it. Used it a week and a half ago, and it was great. Not as good as 360, but good. PS4 controller was good too, but 360 is still my favorite.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

@formerteam: yes i was also really disappointed with the new controller. Feels cheap and not as comfortable as the 360 controller. Plus the usually batteries lol.

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

English be hard for Ugg, words hard.

FormerTeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 FormerTeam

@Cranler:

I bet a lot of people don't even know that the controller uses two AA batteries. Especially those consoles that are gifted, or compulsive buys.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@formerteam said:

@Cranler:

I bet a lot of people don't even know that the controller uses two AA batteries. Especially those consoles that are gifted, or compulsive buys.

It's gifted,you should complain about buying batteries

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

the controller is very improved. The bumper fill weird at first but now they are REAL bumpers, much easier to bump them as they are not designed to be pressed like a trigger...

IDC what people say i am happy they stuck to AA's, I have 8 pairs of AA's. The last time i charged my batteries were the day before the system released, that's right with the impressive 30 hour life for the controller vs that garbage 8 hour life on DS4

controller feels cheap HAHA ok...

Evo_nine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Evo_nine
Member since 2012 • 2224 Posts

well, let me start by saying that i have larger than ordinary hands as im a tall MOFO.

after months of using the x1 controller I went back to the 360 controller to finish some of my backlog.

I didn't realise how crappy the 360 controller felt compared to the X1 controller.

its a work of art, I think they have finally made the PERFECT controller.

funny thing is that the 360 controller is miles better than the ps3 one....what a POS that is.

Co2eed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Co2eed

I hated the X1 controller when I first used it.. I thought the same exact thing as you did.. I hated how light it was, and I really hated the bumpers.. After months of using it, and learning how to properly use the X1 controller, it is ALMOST perfect.. It has improved immensely.. Most xbox gamers gripe about the bumpers ans weight because they have been accustomed to the 360 controller for years.. and it's hard to change your ways.. The bumpers on the X1 controller is meant to be pressed while your fingers are still on the triggers.. I kind of just roll my finger.. This allows more precise timing.. The weight is better being lighter being your arms don't fatigue as easily.. I prefer the batteries over recharge kits simply because kits wear down overtime where as batteries are a constant 30 hour lifespan.. I had to change my batteries once since I bought mine at launch..

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@formerteam: You are using the bumper buttons wrong, you barely have to move your finger off the trigger buttons now, it's more of a up and in kinda bump than a push of a button. My only complaint with the X1 controller is the height of the triggers took me a little to get use to that difference. Now it's all a breeze though

tymeservesfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tymeservesfate
Member since 2003 • 2230 Posts

i guess this stealth troll thread failed. the only people disappointed with the controller is a cow and this FormerTeam guy with 9 posts...nice try, i guess.

KratosYOLOSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KratosYOLOSwag
Member since 2013 • 1827 Posts

Wow I never knew the controller was that bad. You just saved me from buying the xbone. Looks like I'll be getting a PS4 instead.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

It is a good controller. The only problem I have is the fact it still uses AA batteries, and how the shoulder buttons only click on the outer side.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#18 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Better to have options than to not

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 millerlight89

@Evo_nine said:

finally made the PERFECT controller.

Lol, hardly. They improved in areas, stayed the same in others, and took a step backwards in some.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

I said it a month before x1 launched how of a failure this controller is. The only thing (dead serious on this) X1 controller has over 360's controller is the hidden batteries pack. 100mil nicely spent, MS.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

I have not got used to the analog stick on the XB1 yet either but I am sure I will.

Regarding the AA batteries, I actually like the fact they use them. Battery packs wear out after a couple years and the charge does not last that long. I use rechargeable !!'s and get 2-3 days between charges (on the 360 and XB1)

betamaxx83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 betamaxx83
Member since 2013 • 360 Posts

Dual Shock 4 is where it's at.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@millerlight89:

My main problem with the controller is that it is for a shitty platform:P

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 millerlight89

@aroxx_ab said:

@millerlight89:

My main problem with the controller is that it is for a shitty platform:P

Xbone is not a shitty platform.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#25  Edited By Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

I have both an X1 and a PS4 and I have to say I prefer the X1 controller myself. There's nothing wrong with the DS4 at all, its great. But I find the X1 controller is nicer in my hand, it has nicer shaped triggers (the rumble is nice), it has better bumpers once you get used to them and I personally have always been more comfortable with the xbox's asymmetrical stick layout.

I've had quite a few friends play on both as well, and most agree that the X1 controller has a slight edge. Compared to the DS3 the DS4 is loads better, from like a 60 to like an 85, whereas the X1 controller is a smaller improvement like 80 to 90.

HavocV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HavocV3
Member since 2009 • 8068 Posts

The analog sticks are too small and the material they used isn't very soft. (it made my thumbs hurt after a while, idk if anyone else had a similar experience)

And I'd rather have the option to use my rechargeable AA batteries. Just look at the shit battery life of the DS4...you know MS would cheap out on an internal battery if they put one in the Xbone controller. Eneloop AA > All.

I'm still sticking with my 360 controller for PC though. It's still the best overall despite the crap DPad.

GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

MS just went backwards with the ONE. Like everything is worse, from the OS,features, exclusive games, and the controller. I mean it doesn't even feel like an xbox. The xbox experience and xbl have always been a very seamless, and the X1 is none of that. To have the name xbox in its name is an insult to the brand. Sure the 360 had a pathetic lack of exclusives its later years, but that console did a lot of things right and was aimed at gamers.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I actually prefer the XB1 controller over the 360. It definitely feels improved to me.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Nothing wrong with the xbox one's controller. Well it needs pc support but that is software.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44548 Posts

I got to hold the Xbox One controller and I don't see what the fuss was about, the bumpers were fine and that was really the only argument I heard against it.

ldustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ldustin
Member since 2014 • 133 Posts

The lip of the prongs beneath the triggers forces the middle fingers to rest too low and this forces you to shift the posture of your hand, if only fractions of an inch, in order to hit the bumpers with your index fingers. The sensation is that the bumpers are too far away, but it's not that they are too far away-- it's that the controller is unwieldy and thick like the original Xbox... One's fat-boy controller.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

@Crypt_mx said:

I have both an X1 and a PS4 and I have to say I prefer the X1 controller myself. There's nothing wrong with the DS4 at all, its great. But I find the X1 controller is nicer in my hand, it has nicer shaped triggers (the rumble is nice), it has better bumpers once you get used to them and I personally have always been more comfortable with the xbox's asymmetrical stick layout.

I've had quite a few friends play on both as well, and most agree that the X1 controller has a slight edge. Compared to the DS3 the DS4 is loads better, from like a 60 to like an 85, whereas the X1 controller is a smaller improvement like 80 to 90.

Actually there is one thing wrong with the DS4. The idea to put a flashlight at the front which reflects in the TV during dark sequences of games.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts

The Xbone and PS4 controller are the same price, yet the PS4 controller includes:

- Rechargeable battery built-in

- Clickable touch pad

- Standardized 3.5mm headphone + headset port with chat AND game audio

- Speaker on the controller

- Color changing LED for Playstation Move-like functionality(and other features)

- Limited PS3 compatibility

What features does the Xbox One controller come with that the PS4 controller doesn't?

- Vibrating triggers

- 2 AA Batteries(lulz)

- An advertisement for their $25 extra Play And Charge Kit

- A STUPID ass pointless mic port that renders your last-gen gaming headsets completely obsolete(even if you have a high-end $200 surround sound headset like me), and exists only so Microsoft can milk more money from the headset companies to support their proprietary BS

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#35 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Cool rant.

it is innit.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

I am not a huge fan of the Xbox, but I think the AA battery setup is a plus. Half the time my DS4 is wired because of the abysmal battery life.

With the Xbox controller you can have a pair of rechargeable batteries on standby and just replace them when needed. The Xbone controller battery life is extremely good.

dvalo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dvalo9
Member since 2010 • 1301 Posts

would rather charge aa bateries once a wek than my ds4 every day. seems like a solid controler from what i used of it. if there is one thing ms does right its controllers

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

From what I have tried, I prefer the 360 controller over the XBO; I really hate the bumper buttons on the XBO controller, they feel horribly cheap and tacky.

I haven't yet tried out the XBO controller for longer than half an hour though, so I can't yet form a full opinion on it.