XBOX ONE better than PS4???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (1866 posts) -

Can somebody please explain to me where the Lems get their logic in this proclaimation when the sales numbers are obviously point far more greater in the direction of the PS4? I mean you Lems continue to bash the PS4 for its lack of titles at launch and you make all of the jokes about the PS4 not having any games until 2015 and I realize that 75% of that is System Wars BS or at least I hope it is. But yet here we sit and the PS4 is crushing the Xbone 2:1 and maybe even 3:1 in some markets!

So could someone on the Xbone side of things please shed some light into your statements about the Xbone being the better console but yet it isn't selling like it is! Because I mean the PS4 launch line up is less than stellar admittedly, but yet it is wiping the floor with the Xbone!

#2 Edited by Big_Red_Button (5479 posts) -

Neither console has a library that will justify purchase. Consoles never do until they've been out for 2-3 years.

Wait a couple years. Go back and play all the old games you missed. Play the Baldur's Gate games and all the old isometric WRPGs. Play all those great 3D platformers from the N64 / PS2 like Banjo, Jak and many more. Play all the fantastic old shooters ranging from Wolfenstein and Doom to No One Lives Forever and XIII. These games are all easily available on the internet, either for free or for a very small cost. Nintendo and Sony both have legacy games services where you can obtain them. For the price of a new console you could get dozens (if nor hundreds) of games that are vastly superior to the crap we're getting now.

Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics are all available for free, right now, on GoG. Until Saturday evening you can sign up for an account just to get those games, DRM free, and you never have to touch the service again. Of course, it's a great service with many classics, and they're having a Christmas sale.

For the younger people here, maybe you'll start to appreciate just how much better old games are than new ones. For the older dinosaurs like me, you'll get a feeling for a time when games were made by gamers for gamers.

#3 Posted by blamix99 (1537 posts) -

in short

ps4>>>>Xbone

#4 Posted by M8ingSeezun (1952 posts) -

Subjective

I like PS4 because it practically has what I want so far.

People would want an X1 because it practically has what they want.

#5 Posted by adders99 (2564 posts) -

Subjective

This!... I have an xbox one because I prefer the games and what the system offers. some people prefer the ps4 for the same reasons...

#6 Posted by wis3boi (30881 posts) -

shotty thread lol

#7 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

The fact that TC used to be a lem is what makes his Xbox hate posts so much more idiotic

#8 Edited by casharmy (6813 posts) -

@treedoor said:

The fact that TC used to be a lem is what makes his Xbox hate posts so much more idiotic

No, actually it just shows that the xbox brand faild for him as a gaming solution and nothing more.

How exactly dose the fact that he used to be a lem (thus meaning that he gave he brand and platform a fair chance to be his go to place for gaming) make his posts idiotic? That conclusion of yours seems quite confusing but maybe you are just speaking using fanboy logic which would explain why.

Actually I believe that hate posts from people who never gave the competition a fair shake (I.e. owned the console but always bashed/hated the company and brand) are thee posts that are idiotic because they bash based on irrational emotional grounds that aren't objective or factual.

FYI:

I also used to be a lemming, but most lemmings swear I must have always been a cow since thy can't understand anyone not worshiping their beloved brand/company.

#9 Edited by Snugenz (11401 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@treedoor said:

No, actually it just shows that the xbox brand faild for him as a gaming solution and nothing more.

How exactly dose the fact that he used to be a lem (thus meaning that he gave he brand and platform a fair chance to be his go to place for gaming) make his posts idiotic? That conclusion of yours seems quite confusing but maybe you are just speaking using fanboy logic which would explain why.

Actually I believe that hate posts from people who never gave the competition a fair shake (I.e. owned the console but always bashed/hated the company and brand) are thee posts that are idiotic because they bash based on irrational emotional grounds that aren't objective or factual.

FYI:

I also used to be a lemming, but most lemmings swear I must have always been a cow since thy can't understand anyone not worshiping their beloved brand/company.

Haha, cowarmy used to be a lemming, suuure you're fooling nobody with that bullshit jimbob and it's not just lemmings who can see through your bullshit bub.

#10 Edited by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

Each console has features that are interesting. In the end (like always) it will come down to which one has the better games.

#11 Edited by lockjaw333 (1741 posts) -

This guy used to be one of the main proponents of Xbone, now he completely swings the other way. Its like you fanboys have to be either extreme, couldn't possibly enjoy both. Need to make posts bashing the other one to reassure your purchase.

#12 Posted by sukraj (21604 posts) -

Each console has features that are interesting. In the end (like always) it will come down to which one has the better games.

I prefer the xbox one the games appeal to me more than the PS4 games.

#13 Posted by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

@sukraj said:

@BattleSpectre said:

I prefer the xbox one the games appeal to me more than the PS4 games.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

#14 Edited by SinjinSmythe (789 posts) -

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS: there is a simple answer. Right now the PS4 sales are based on HOPE and promises that something good will come. When that delivery isn't made these sales will wither.

#15 Edited by dommeus (9106 posts) -

@treedoor said:

The fact that the TC is a fanboy in the first place makes him idiotic

#16 Edited by chaplainDMK (6649 posts) -

Both consoles have pretty shitty launch line-ups. Though I agree that PS4's is shittier.

But hey, whoever buys a console when it's brand new is a fool in my book.

#17 Edited by casharmy (6813 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@casharmy said:

@treedoor said:

FYI:

Haha, cowarmy used to be a lemming, suuure you're fooling nobody with that bullshit jimbob and it's not just lemmings who can see through your bullshit bub.

I was a lemming, I am not trying to make a bridge to cross through your pit of stupidity here I am just stating a fact. I have had conversations with playstation fans about this outside of GS.

I do not need to pretend to have any love for a specific system to bash another as many xbox fanboys feel the need to do. My opinions are honest and so is my history. Do you have anything other than your idiot ridden fanboyism to say other wise?

I am willing to bet that I most likly bought owned and played more xbox (the original) games than you know existed and that says alot more about my words than your idiotic assumptions. I FULLY supported the original xbox even more so then I have for any sony console (I never owned a PS1...can you guess why? probably not because you are an idiot)

In your xbot zelot eyes I am and was always sony fanboy. so tell me when do you think I owned my first sony console, you can see through so much? SolidTY konws becase I told him on skype away from all the fanboy BS you are pulling out of your ass so take a guess.

Lemmngs are always crying fowl when objective peope make honest criticizms about their beloved system. My story has never changed about my favor of platforms but this isn't about me it's about stupid fanboys like you always trying to discredit others because they don't worship the platform you pray to at night.

#18 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (5884 posts) -

Can somebody please explain to me where the Lems get their logic in this proclaimation when the sales numbers are obviously point far more greater in the direction of the PS4? I mean you Lems continue to bash the PS4 for its lack of titles at launch and you make all of the jokes about the PS4 not having any games until 2015 and I realize that 75% of that is System Wars BS or at least I hope it is. But yet here we sit and the PS4 is crushing the Xbone 2:1 and maybe even 3:1 in some markets!

So could someone on the Xbone side of things please shed some light into your statements about the Xbone being the better console but yet it isn't selling like it is! Because I mean the PS4 launch line up is less than stellar admittedly, but yet it is wiping the floor with the Xbone!

I see you are still very unsure of your decision to jump to PS4. No one here will coddle you and help you through this. Instead I propose the opposite.

Your sales numbers are wrong. More like wishful projections.

The X1 is selling as fast as they can make it.

Sony is already failing on this 100+ games for the first year because it is all fluff and indie garbage. But hey you guys got Resogun right? Hows that keeping your interest?

Aurther Gies from Polygon already hinting of impending doom about how MS is buying up exclusives.

Scroll down to Dec. 9th. https://twitter.com/aegies.

#19 Posted by Thunder7151 (304 posts) -

The amount of denial on System Wars is mind boggling. Of course this has to do with the extremely high cattle population on here.

In the rational and logical universe, the XBOX ONE undoubtedly has much better exclusive games available to play right now! None of this "just wait" baloney.

Of course it remains to be seen what the future holds for both consoles (XBOX ONE and PS4). Both consoles have the potential to get many great exclusive games in the future.

#20 Posted by PAL360 (26564 posts) -

Subjective

I agree.

It's actually very positive that both consoles are doing well. Did cows and lems forget that last gen's competition between 360 and PS3 was the reason why there were so many good (and good looking) games?

#21 Posted by edwardecl (1777 posts) -

The PS4 has huge potential, the Xbox One does not. This is probably the reason for the sales.

Whoever buys the consoles for the launch games alone are idiots. Well unless you like Ryse and Knack that is.

#22 Posted by Thunder7151 (304 posts) -

@ShoTTyMcNaDeS: there is a simple answer. Right now the PS4 sales are based on HOPE and promises that something good will come. When that delivery isn't made these sales will wither.

Yes, sales of the PS4 may start going down if it doesn't get some good exclusive games, and get them fast, like by May 2014. If this doesn't happen, there is a fairly good change that XBOX ONE will begin to dominate. Right now, the market seems to be quite even between the two consoles. Both consoles are doing well, and hopefully it will continue to be that way.

#23 Edited by casharmy (6813 posts) -

@Thunder7151 said:

The amount of denial on System Wars is mind boggling. Of course this has to do with the extremely high cattle population on here.

In the rational and logical universe, the XBOX ONE undoubtedly has much better exclusive games available to play right now! None of this "just wait" baloney.

Of course it remains to be seen what the future holds for both consoles (XBOX ONE and PS4). Both consoles have the potential to get many great exclusive games in the future.

objectively speaking I'd like to play DR3.

but that is an objective opinion from me (but we can't make personal opinions become general facts without something to help support those arguments) Neither line up of games is OMG steller right now! This is based of sales and over-all scores so even if x1 has some games a few would prefer to play it does not mean others wouldn't prefer the games PS4 is offering right now.

It's not a "just wait"game just for PS4, it's also a just wait game for x1...if not then why are we seeing threads from lemmings saying, Just wait until Halo 5 and Tinfall release? Yeah, both systems are in the same boat as far as games are concernded, the console hardware, now that is a different matter.

#24 Posted by comedyspit (9 posts) -

All i could answer is that you should try to experiment both consoles, you can't compare on to the other, games are different, controllers are different, gameplay is different...

Before saying Playstation 4 is better than xbox one keep in mind, playstation has a lot of consoles (Playstation, 2, 3, 4, PSP, PSP vita) so here you have 6 different consoles, all have been very succesful in the market, while xbox has 3 consoles (xbox, xbox360 and xbox one), the investments put into to the next console are really different, i prefer xbox360 to playstation 3, that is for sure... i have played both consoles and i know the difference from one to another.

#25 Edited by Snugenz (11401 posts) -

@casharmy said:

I was a lemming, I am not trying to make a bridge to cross through your pit of stupidity here I am just stating a fact. I have had conversations with playstation fans about this outside of GS.

I do not need to pretend to have any love for a specific system to bash another as many xbox fanboys feel the need to do. My opinions are honest and so is my history. Do you have anything other than your idiot ridden fanboyism to say other wise?

I am willing to bet that I most likly bought owned and played more xbox (the original) games than you know existed and that says alot more about my words than your idiotic assumptions. I FULLY supported the original xbox even more so then I have for any sony console (I never owned a PS1...can you guess why? probably not because you are an idiot)

In your xbot zelot eyes I am and was always sony fanboy. so tell me when do you think I owned my first sony console, you can see through so much? SolidTY konws becase I told him on skype away from all the fanboy BS you are pulling out of your ass so take a guess.

Lemmngs are always crying fowl when objective peope make honest criticizms about their beloved system. My story has never changed about my favor of platforms but this isn't about me it's about stupid fanboys like you always trying to discredit others because they don't worship the platform you pray to at night.

Shhh cow you're talking shit again. There's plenty of evidence to prove that you're a flaming cow, your post history, just like my post history disproves everything you said about me in that shit filled post of yours.

Huzzah.

#26 Posted by donalbane (16136 posts) -

I have both, and both are exciting in terms of features and games. This "which is better" is entirely subjective... both bring exciting things to the table.

#27 Posted by MonsieurX (28652 posts) -

Yes,because sales indicate quality.

Look at the Wii

#28 Edited by bezza2011 (2208 posts) -

Well for me PS4 offers me exactly what i want a primary games console. i already have cable, i already have tivo, i already have a pc hooked up to my tv.

Reality is PS4 offers you more for your money. i bought a PS4 Knack bundle and Fifa when i got home and set it up, with my 14 days free pass to PS+, i had a total of 7 games to play, now this will go down to 5 when my ps+ runs out, but it means i have paid nothing for these games, i also can use the internet browser, netflix,ilovefilm, and all the iplayers and free 2 play games for absolutely nothing. As well when i decide to play online i will pay £39.99 for the year and each month i will get more and more games.

Xbox One on the other hand I'd buy it with maybe Fifa for free and a game would cost me an extra £50. when i get home with it, i would only have this game to play. i would not be able to use the internet browser or netflix or any services until i paid the xbox live gold fee of £49.99. it makes no sense money wise at all.

Plus with the games being made to a better resolution on the PS4 which in the grand scheme of things does actually matter, there is no reason for me to get an xbox one plus the size of the thing is ridiculous, i'll wait for a big price drop and a remodel before i get one and more better single player games, as i'm not willing to pay into the xbox live gold, not when sony will be offering me a better deal that's what it comes down to for me.

#29 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149470 posts) -

@treedoor said:

I would think that shows that the new console put him off the brand. That's not idiotic just because you like it.

#30 Posted by StormyJoe (4577 posts) -

As far as I'm concerned, comparing launch sales is like declaring a winner of the Daytona 500 after 3 laps. But, XB1 is selling more per day. Take it for what it's worth.

#31 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

Better games better online better media centee faster better build quality more room for improvement and evolving..... xbox turn off shotty posts

#32 Edited by casharmy (6813 posts) -

@Snugenz said:

@casharmy said:

Shhh cow you're talking shit again. There's plenty of evidence to prove that you're a flaming cow, your post history, just like my post history disproves everything you said about me in that shit filled post of yours.

Huzzah.

Shhh lem you are talking out of you ass again. How does any of my posts prove I was never a lemming (xbox fanboy)? I don't konw what kind of villiage idiot logic you are using here but it is completely beyond any rational thought process. Actually my post history proves the exact opposite of what you believe. You are the bumbler here for not knowing my post history on the subject of my preferences.

Ok, I will humor you as to show how much fail you have, show how my post history disproves everything I said? (you can't but amuse me with your mental gymnastics)

Edit:

also, again, you never answered my question in my previous post, when do you think I owned my first PS console? *hint this is also in my post history which goes to further prove you don't know shit*

#33 Posted by shawn30 (4288 posts) -

Sales wise the PS4 has powerful specs and great exclusive franchises. None of that is available at launch in terms of a game so striking it blows your mind or any of the major players (GT, God of War, Uncharted, Last of Us, ect) Fans seem to believe in Sony and their vision and are banking on its future far more than its present. It is ahead worldwide likely in and around the 1 million mark over the Xbox One.

Xbox One is in the same situation as outside of Forza they don't have their biggest franchises or new ones out yet, and not all of their features (OS updates needed, TV support for overseas, Kinect games, ect) People have watched the videos of multiplat games themselves and those who want/have the Xbox One aren't so concerned with resolution at 1080p as others are. We want great games and that's that. Battlefield is a broken game at any resolution and there is no way around that. So for us next years lineup of Sunset Overdrive, Titanfall, Quantum Break, Project Spark, Season 2 of Killer Instinct, and Halo 5 is so good no one is worried about having things to play. Twitch support and TV support for overeas fans is on the way, as are a butt load of indie titles. All of that, coupled with the all in one entertainment idea and voice.motion controls appeals to a great many people as 2 million in sales after 18 days is a world away from the doom and gloom sayers who predicted a dead on arrival console with a broken OS, Kinect no one wanted, and voice commands considered a gimmick. All of that is true for some. But for many those things appealed to them along with the gaming line-up.

I absolutely feel the Xbox One is superior to the PS4. I feel it has a vastly better gaming line-up, features, and its integration with your living room is key in why I think its better. The PS4 is a PS3 with better graphics and for me that isn't enough. I want great games and could give less than a fuck about what resolution it comes in at. But that's just one person opinion. Sales wise the race is close early on like its was last gen for the last 4 years. I expect it to stay close and have seen no reason to feel otherwise. Every gen is unique to itself despite what happened the previous gen, but anyone thinking the PS4 is just going to fly so far ahead of the Xbox One that the difference is millions and millions is living in fantasy land. Fans who had a 360 eventually picked up a PS3, and vice versa as time passed. Expect that again when prices drop and big games like Titanfall and Uncharted and Halo hit.

#34 Edited by casharmy (6813 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

Sales wise the PS4 has powerful specs and great exclusive franchises. None of that is available at launch in terms of a game so striking it blows your mind or any of the major players (GT, God of War, Uncharted, Last of Us, ect) Fans seem to believe in Sony and their vision and are banking on its future far more than its present. It is ahead worldwide likely in and around the 1 million mark over the Xbox One.

Xbox One is in the same situation as outside of Forza they don't have their biggest franchises or new ones out yet, and not all of their features (OS updates needed, TV support for overseas, Kinect games, ect) People have watched the videos of multiplat games themselves and those who want/have the Xbox One aren't so concerned with resolution at 1080p as others are. We want great games and that's that. Battlefield is a broken game at any resolution and there is no way around that. So for us next years lineup of Sunset Overdrive, Titanfall, Quantum Break, Project Spark, Season 2 of Killer Instinct, and Halo 5 is so good no one is worried about having things to play. Twitch support and TV support for overeas fans is on the way, as are a butt load of indie titles. All of that, coupled with the all in one entertainment idea and voice.motion controls appeals to a great many people as 2 million in sales after 18 days is a world away from the doom and gloom sayers who predicted a dead on arrival console with a broken OS, Kinect no one wanted, and voice commands considered a gimmick. All of that is true for some. But for many those things appealed to them along with the gaming line-up.

I absolutely feel the Xbox One is superior to the PS4. I feel it has a vastly better gaming line-up....

your post was good until you got here.

Being completely honest with yourself no one really belives x1 has a better game line up (not to be confused with launch titles). You are not talking about the launch line ups anymore, when talking about the GAME line up. X1 falls behind PS4 quite a bit in develoer and franchise quantity and quality.

What is the best game MS has put of this year? Now tell me if you think that game has a chance in hell of being Gamespots GOTY? Furthermore what was MS's best game last year...and the year before? Now how did that turn out when compared to the best sony titles? Just being real here, it's ok to love halo but when talking about line up there is nothing to back up your claim.

The only thing for you to do is to speculate and hope those games end up being better than the class of high quality of games that sony has proven to deliver in a wide variety of games year after year.

I is ok to admit that xbox 1 doesn't have the quality of developer and franchise power that PS4 has because that is the absolute truth. but if you want to belive that x1 "will do" better it's fine but saying that you think the x1 has a vastly better gaming line-up now sounds like nothing more than fanboy dreams.

outside of that I agree with most of your post.

#35 Posted by Midnightshade29 (5226 posts) -

Neither console has a library that will justify purchase. Consoles never do until they've been out for 2-3 years.

Wait a couple years. Go back and play all the old games you missed. Play the Baldur's Gate games and all the old isometric WRPGs. Play all those great 3D platformers from the N64 / PS2 like Banjo, Jak and many more. Play all the fantastic old shooters ranging from Wolfenstein and Doom to No One Lives Forever and XIII. These games are all easily available on the internet, either for free or for a very small cost. Nintendo and Sony both have legacy games services where you can obtain them. For the price of a new console you could get dozens (if nor hundreds) of games that are vastly superior to the crap we're getting now.

Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics are all available for free, right now, on GoG. Until Saturday evening you can sign up for an account just to get those games, DRM free, and you never have to touch the service again. Of course, it's a great service with many classics, and they're having a Christmas sale.

For the younger people here, maybe you'll start to appreciate just how much better old games are than new ones. For the older dinosaurs like me, you'll get a feeling for a time when games were made by gamers for gamers.

Well said... Older games from the 1990s and early 2000s are most denitlay better than whats out today. In both the console and PC realm. As an RPG fanatic this is espeically true. PC had grand in depth rpgs and fantastic adventure games, shooters like doom, and 100s of turn based and real time strategy games.... after the xbox 360 came out...... the PC scene changed and many of the great genres got killed off.

Its a shame. I remember new Wrpgs (like baldurs gate, gothic, ultima etc..), Shooters (Doom, Return to castle wolfenstien, half-life), Space sims( wing comander, Xwing, Privateer, Descent, etc) Adventure games (the longest journey, kings quest, Myst) Turn based Strategy: Heroes of Might and Magic, Civ, Lords of Magic, etc..), RTS (warcraft, starcraft, Age of Empires, Home World, etc). And unique games like Theif the dark project, System shock 2, and black and white. ALL these style games came out all the time. I remember getting 8-10 rpgs a year on pc.. back before 2005....

Then there is the Playstation 1-2: JRPGS and unique titles galore!! Final Fantasy 7-9, Grandia, Legend of Legia, Legend of dragoon, wild arms, suikoden, etc... and games like Metal Gear Solid, Silent hill, and the original good first 3 Resident evil games, as well as Legacy of kain, Tomb Raider, Deathtrap dungeon, Wipeout, colony wars, Bushido blade, road rash 3d, Loaded, Vagrant Story, Vandel Hearts, Persona, Medievel etc....

The games were always something unique or had loads of depth...something missing from todays games on console. They were there on PC and console back in the day. Now we see this somewhat in indies and on handhelds like vita/3ds but most console games are cod clones anymore.

You definatly can't go wrong going to gog.com and picking up a few dozen games. You will be set for a long long time. Of course, I doubt the fanboys on here would be able to tolerate the graphics of older games. I am glad to see a fellow old school gamer on this forum though, and the fact that you are praising such a great site like gog.

#36 Posted by blackace (19714 posts) -

Are you stupid or what? Have you even looked at the sales? PS4 = 2.1 million sold in 18 days. Xbox One - 2 million sold in 18 days. Where do you see the PS4 crushing the XB1 in sales?

PS4 sales in U.S. in Nov (est. 1.4 million in 2 weeks) Sony won't even release their official numbers.

Xbox One sales in U.S. in Nov (official #'s 909,132 in 1 week)

Do the math. XB1 isn't being crushed and sales are no where near 2:1 or 3:1. It's obviously selling better then YOU thought it would. LOL!! Cry more troll. Also, NONE of the PS4 or XB1 exclusive games were in the Top 10 is sales. LOL!!

#37 Edited by finalstar2007 (24860 posts) -

All this boils down to each persons preference.

For instance i couldnt care less about the xbox one because as an xbox360 owner the console had not a single exclusive worth buying other than few 3rd party RPGs and i know for sure it wont have anything worth buying again on the xbox one.. another point is the batteries on the xbox ones controller, after getting a lot of trouble with the sh*tty 360 controller they done it again with the xbone? LOL.. one more point would be my friends, none of them play on the xbone and none of them care so no point in getting one.

its all about preference as others want one because they like whats on it and its where their friends are at.

#38 Posted by clr84651 (5277 posts) -

They are Lemmings, which means they only like Xbox. The X1 could be half as good as the PS4 & in their eyes the X1 would be better.

Lemming = X-goggles on, full blown pro Xbox & anti PS. TC you should know this & not make a topic as to why they believe what they do.

#39 Posted by blackace (19714 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

They are Lemmings, which means they only like Xbox. The X1 could be half as good as the PS4 & in their eyes the X1 would be better.

Lemming = X-goggles on, full blown pro Xbox & anti PS. TC you should know this & not make a topic as to why they believe what they do.

Same could be said for Cows who thought the PS3 was so much better then the Xbox 360. lol!! It works both ways son.

To answer the TC question. On paper the PS4 is better. the games right now have some better performance on the PS4. Games on XB1 still look and play great as well. We really won't know the real power of these system until 1-2 years from now. Launch titles never indicate the true power of a game console.

#40 Posted by clr84651 (5277 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

I absolutely feel the Xbox One is superior to the PS4. I feel it has a vastly better gaming line-up, features, and its integration with your living room is key in why I think its better. The PS4 is a PS3 with better graphics and for me that isn't enough. I want great games and could give less than a fuck about what resolution it comes in at. But that's just one person opinion. Sales wise the race is close early on like its was last gen for the last 4 years. I expect it to stay close and have seen no reason to feel otherwise. Every gen is unique to itself despite what happened the previous gen, but anyone thinking the PS4 is just going to fly so far ahead of the Xbox One that the difference is millions and millions is living in fantasy land. Fans who had a 360 eventually picked up a PS3, and vice versa as time passed. Expect that again when prices drop and big games like Titanfall and Uncharted and Halo hit.

You would say any Xbox is superior to any PS. It wouldn't matter if the PS4 had every conceivable advantage. This wall of text is a load!

#41 Edited by shawn30 (4288 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@shawn30 said:

I absolutely feel the Xbox One is superior to the PS4. I feel it has a vastly better gaming line-up....

Being completely honest with yourself no one really belives x1 has a better game line up (not to be confused with launch titles). You are not talking about the launch line ups anymore, when talking about the GAME line up. X1 falls behind PS4 quite a bit in develoer and franchise quantity and quality.

What is the best game MS has put of this year? Now tell me if you think that game has a chance in hell of being Gamespots GOTY? Furthermore what was MS's best game last year...and the year before? Now how did that turn out when compared to the best sony titles? Just being real here, it's ok to love halo but when talking about line up there is nothing to back up your claim.

The only thing for you to do is to speculate and hope those games end up being better than the class of high quality of games that sony has proven to deliver in a wide variety of games year after year.

I is ok to admit that xbox 1 doesn't have the quality of developer and franchise power that PS4 has because that is the absolute truth. but if you want to belive that x1 "will do" better it's fine but saying that you think the x1 has a vastly better gaming line-up now sounds like nothing more than fanboy dreams.

I could not disagree with you more. Respawn, creator of CoD: Modern Warfare are bringing Titanfall. Remedy is bringing Quantum Break. Insomniac is bringing Sunset Overdrive. 343 is bringing Halo 5 after selling 10 million Halo 4. There are new devs like Black Tusk and new games like Project Spark. Returning budget titles like Season 2 of Killer Instinct. That gaming line-up to me kills what I have seen so far from Sony. Mind you both companies have unannounced games. Drive Club looks amazing but no clue if it will be a great game. Infamous looks and will likely be a great game. The Order looks interesting. Uncharted will be killer, but I would never play any of those games combined as much as I will likely play Titanfall and Halo 5. This is only my opinion, but the Xbox One gaming line-up not only looks superior at launch, but well into the first year.

Edit: Game opinions are what they are. This years my fav Xbox game is Ryse to be perfectly honest. Last years was Mass Effect 3. Im not concerned with GOTY awards here as they haven't reflected my GOTY is probably 5 years. And as I am hoping/assuming the games I mentioned turn out to be great, you're doing the same thing with a belief that the PS4 games on the way will be stellar. The devs I've mentioned all have very good or great pedigrees and Turn 10 can be added as well. So respectfully I stand by my belief that the Xbox Ones gaming line-up is vastly superior.

#42 Posted by clr84651 (5277 posts) -

@blackace said:

@clr84651 said:

Same could be said for Cows who thought the PS3 was so much better then the Xbox 360. lol!! It works both ways son.

To answer the TC question. On paper the PS4 is better. the games right now have some better performance on the PS4. Games on XB1 still look and play great as well. We really won't know the real power of these system until 1-2 years from now. Launch titles never indicate the true power of a game console.

No crap! I'm saying it's stupid of TC to ask how Lemmings can believe what they believe. It's like asking why people have to eat. It's a lame topic and it's even lamer when Lems write a response explaining that the X1 is superior. It's not superior, it's different.

#43 Edited by casharmy (6813 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@casharmy said:

@shawn30 said:

I could not disagree with you more. Respawn, creator of CoD: Modern Warfare are bringing Titanfall. Remedy is bringing Quantum Break. Insomniac is bringing Sunset Overdrive. 343 is bringing Halo 5 after selling 10 million Halo 4. There are new devs like Black Tusk and new games like Project Spark. Returning budget titles like Season 2 of Killer Instinct. That gaming line-up to me kills what I have seen so far from Sony. Mind you both companies have unannounced games. Drive Club looks amazing but no clue if it will be a great game. Infamous looks and will likely be a great game. The Order looks interesting. Uncharted will be killer, but I would never play any of those games combined as much as I will likely play Titanfall and Halo 5. This is only my opinion, but the Xbox One gaming line-up not only looks superior at launch, but well into the first year.

Edit: Game opinions are what they are. This years my fav Xbox game is Ryse to be perfectly honest. Last years was Mass Effect 3. Im not concerned with GOTY awards here as they haven't reflected my GOTY is probably 5 years. And as I am hoping/assuming the games I mentioned turn out to be great, you're doing the same thing with a belief that the PS4 games on the way will be stellar. The devs I've mentioned all have very good or great pedigrees and Turn 10 can be added as well. So respectfully I stand by my belief that the Xbox Ones gaming line-up is vastly superior.

well you defended your opinion logically so I can respect that.

I believe more people would disagree but Let me point out one note, you mentioned Drive Club (which is one of my most anticipated PS4 titles) looking great but saying you don't know if it will be a great game...well

Doesn't that apply to the majority of titles you mentioned?

You mentioned Black Tusk "game" I mean no one evens konws what kind of game it will be and you are saying it's great? That is my point. I am only saying based on past game proformance of franchises and developers most people would view the games you listed for Sony as a superior line-up to what MS has announced not konwing anything more than what we have now.

Personally Deep Down looks amazing to me. I hate the fact that it is online only but that title my force me to give it a try. anyway thanks for your reply and happy gaming.

#44 Posted by kingtito (4732 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@Snugenz said:

@casharmy said:

Huzzah.

Shhh lem you are talking out of you ass again. How does any of my posts prove I was never a lemming (xbox fanboy)? I don't konw what kind of villiage idiot logic you are using here but it is completely beyond any rational thought process. Actually my post history proves the exact opposite of what you believe. You are the bumbler here for not knowing my post history on the subject of my preferences.

Ok, I will humor you as to show how much fail you have, show how my post history disproves everything I said? (you can't but amuse me with your mental gymnastics)

Edit:

also, again, you never answered my question in my previous post, when do you think I owned my first PS console? *hint this is also in my post history which goes to further prove you don't know shit*

Serious question? How does it NOT prove you're a raging cow? Everything and anything you say is pro Sony and anti MS. That alone makes you a cow and I've been here long enough to know you're a cow right now.

#45 Edited by Snugenz (11401 posts) -

@casharmy said:

@Snugenz said:

@casharmy said:

Huzzah.

Edit:

It disproves everything you said about me you derpy dickhead, i.e about how i'm supposedly a lemming. Here's a little bit of information for you, just because someone doesn't like muppet raging fanboys like you and your ilk does not make them a fanboy of whatever faction you're against.

Hang on actually i'll make it as dumb as possible so you can hopefully grasp it this time

You post history prove you fanboy cow.

My post history no prove i'm fanboy lemming.

Get it?. I won't hold my breath.

#46 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -

@treedoor said:

I would think that shows that the new console put him off the brand. That's not idiotic just because you like it.

It's all in context.

All TC does nowadays is bash Xbox for reasons other than the games themselves. This thread it's about sales, and in other threads it's for graphics, or media features or whatever.

All the while he's always convincing himself "The games will come to the PS4 soon.......won't they?" and he dismisses the current, and upcoming Xbox library using arguments very reminiscent of cows last gen like "Only teh metacritic counts" or "Lems clinging to PC multiplats" (despite him not being a PC gamer).

It's not about being put off by the brand. It's about going from one polar end of the fanboy spectrum to the other without realizing he's gained absolutely nothing out of it like he'd hoped. That's where the idiocy stems from.

#47 Posted by jsmoke03 (12485 posts) -

if you like bells and whistles and titanfall....xb1

if you like a better value, and more diverse exclusives....ps4