Xbox One BC is an amazing feature!

• 134 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

I cannot praise Microsoft enough for bringing backwards compatibility to Xbox One. This feature really does compensate for the weak library. I stopped playing on my 360 a year ago because of the very slow interface and outdated dashboard. Xbox One really does make these BC titles feel native to the console with the instant switching, game dvr and the screen snap feature. This may also be the first BC that is also compatible with existing saves(plus dlcs) which is AMAZING! I can finally now go back to hacking away at my Xbox 360 backlog that otherwise I would have never done. BC also add a huge amount of value to the Xbox Live Gold membership.

The Current List

Obviously the downside is the selection and some performance issues in certain games. Some awesome additions to the list for me would be Catherine, MvC3, Tales of Vesperia and SFIV but one step at a time I guess.

• How much are you utilizing this features?
  • Which games are you hoping to get added?
  • From 1-10, how happy are you with the feature?
MISTER_Davis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 MISTER_Davis
Member since 2016 • 286 Posts

NICE DEAD HORSE YOU GOT THERE.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

There was just a thread on this BC topic a day ago, and this keeps popping up every week since last year, so I'll say again...

----

Having access to less than 3% of my 360 library on my Xbone isn't enough to keep me from moving on from my 360s.

Plus, there are publishers that simply aren't supporting BC. The publishers that are on board, are also not 100% committed to BC either due to licensing issues and other reasons (remasters, etc).

Looking at all my past consoles BC use as a long, long time gamer, I won't use the BC. I buy consoles for current gen software. The Wii U has AMAZING BC, but I don't use it (as I knew I wouldn't), I use the Wii for those games. I used the GC, PS2, Atari, PS3, Wii, etc for those games.

I don't like the idea of wearing down my console to play emulated versions of last gen games (that also eat up a lot of HDD space) when I can use my Xbone for Xbone games.

I also don't expect the BC to ever fully get to even 50%, just like the 360 only got to about the 50% mark for original Xbox 1 games. Kudos to M$ though for getting people to talk about it every day and getting them to be hopeful. I warn people to temper their expectations, but to each their own. I think it's nice for consumers since it's a free option, but I'm following the guidelines set out by the TC, and answering personal questions designed for me, not everyone.

I imagine when I SPEND over a grand to purchase the upcoming Nintendo NX, Xbox Two, and PS5; I'm going to buy those expensive new consoles for upcoming future games for those machines, not to play old Wii U, Xbone, and PS4 games. I can play those games already today.

• How much are you utilizing this features? I'm not using it on my launch 2013 Xbone to preserve my hardware for Xbone games.
  • Which games are you hoping to get added? None. Going on past BC consoles I owned, I already knew this particular feature wouldn't interest me, and I would be aggravated waiting for certain games in my library to work. If I was to answer this, I would say all my 360 games that I own, not a select few. I know that's never going to happen though due to legal issues and publisher non-compliance.
  • From 1-10, how happy are you with the feature? I don't like the huge HDD space requirement, nor tiny amount of games that are BC, but I'd give it a 2 for trying at least.
Avatar image for organic_machine
organic_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 organic_machine
Member since 2004 • 10141 Posts

Yes, we get to play SOME 360 games from last gen. Well, by play I mean purchase all over again. So in a sense, it isn't even backwards compatibility, it's just Microsoft having a store with some older games on it. Until I can put in an Xbox 360 disc into my Bone and be able to play it, it won't have real backwards compatibility.

But this is something nice to have, as limited as it is.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Legend002

@organic_machine: You can use your discs and you DON'T have to rebuy anything. This isn't Nintendo.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#6 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Legend002 said:

@organic_machine: You can use your discs and you DON'T have to rebuy anything. This isn't Nintendo.

nintendo BC is far better, 100%, for all digital and disc based games, and out of the box. how is Xbox One BC in any way better?

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

I'm looking for the silver lining in this thread where you're somehow being honest, given your post history of course.

On the whole it needs more games, but the fact that it's a feature that adds and doesn't retract in any capacity is great.

In terms of functionality I haven't had a problem, it's a solid 8/10 in terms of where it sits right now.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Legend002

@charizard1605:You're right but I don't use the Wii U BC myself since the 480p graphic looks terrible on a tv 720p and up. The lack of achievements doesn't provide incentive to go back.

HD to HD is a much better transition. Also, Xbox One upgraded features of game DVR, online play and snapshot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Legend002 said:

@charizard1605:You're right but I don't use the Wii U BC myself since the 480p graphic looks terrible on a tv 720p and up. The lack of achievements doesn't provide incentive to go back.

HD to HD is a much better transition. Also, Xbox upgrade of game DVR, online play and snapshot.

Alright, sure, but that's more of a personal preference thing- and it still makes your 'this is not Nintendo' comment wrong.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Legend002

@charizard1605: The "this is not Nintendo" comment applies to 90% percent of discussions in SW. They are just different when doing anything and everything. It's not a dock on them as everyone here know I have a soft spot for them.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@Legend002 said:

@charizard1605: The "this is not Nintendo" comment applies to 90% percent of discussions in SW. They are just different when doing anything and everything. It's not a dock on them as everyone here know I have a soft spot for them.

Oh, I know you do lol. Others don't- and there's enough misinformation on them as it is. Why let a comment like that stay without explanation when it could add more to the misinformation, is all I am thinking

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Legend002

@charizard1605: Because I never used the BC on Wii U or Wii for that matter so it just didn't come to mind. Despite the lack of selection I think the Xbone does BC better than Nintendo. The saves carry over via cloud which is damn awesome... *me blabbing on*

Anyway, you're right. The common "this isn't Nintendo" comment probably wasn't appropriate here. It came out as a thought since I rebought Zelda:ALttP 3 times from them over the years.

KEND0_KAP0NI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By KEND0_KAP0NI
Member since 2016 • 1231 Posts

Cool feature, but aint nothing going on for that system so bragging about playing your old 360 isnt really a plus......

"OMG Guys I just sold my 360 to buy an X1 so I can play my 360 games that I already played before because I've owned them for several years now."

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@Legend002 said:

nintendo BC is far better, 100%, for all digital and disc based games, and out of the box. how is Xbox One BC in any way better?

Don't you have to re-purchase digital Wii games with Wii U? Like they don't transfer console to console.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Legend002 said:

Don't you have to re-purchase digital Wii games with Wii U? Like they don't transfer console to console.

Nope. All games carry over, and you can either play them on the Wii U without any charge as is, or you can pay an upgrade fee of $1-$2 to enhance them with some Wii U specific features.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Legend002 said:

Nope. All games carry over, and you can either play them on the Wii U without any charge as is, or you can pay an upgrade fee of $1-$2 to enhance them with some Wii U specific features.

But is that a one-off transfer? Because when my cousin had a Wii U, he had all these digital games on there but when his console broke, and replaced it, he couldn't use the same account and couldn't access his digital games...

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

Is Eternal Sonata on that bc list

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Legend002

Forgot to answer my own questions.

• How much are you utilizing this features?

A lot lately with the lack of exclusives on the system. It's 80% of my Xbox One usage.

• Which games are you hoping to get added?

UMvC3, Tales of Vesperia, SFIII, SFIV, Catherine, Soulcalibur IV and V, DMC HD Collection, Silent Hill Collection, Resident Evil Revelation, CVHD

• From 1-10, how happy are you with the feature?

7 out of 10. The selection is rather small but there's I lot on the list that I do own. I really enjoy the upgraded Xbox One features and dashboard with these titles. There's less guilt paying for Xbox Gold thanks to GwG now giving titles that are BC. For some reason I originally didn't think dlc would be compatible but it is and they need to be applauded for that.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Like I've said in other threads about the same topic. It's a nice feature that costs nothing for the consumer so it's a plus. Plus we all know that if Sony offered the same thing on the PS4 it would be the best thing since sliced bread according to Cows, but since it's MS...well.....there's no use for it, and it's somehow a negative. Just more hypoCOWricy in action.

Avatar image for deactivated-583c85dc33d18
deactivated-583c85dc33d18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-583c85dc33d18
Member since 2016 • 1619 Posts

I haven't used BC on my bone, but I use it all the time on PC.

I'll never understand the people who say they don't care to play old games on their newer systems when so many are still so fun, or even the best in their genres. You might as well say your new bluray payer is only for movies after 2006, and you would never waste time watching anything earlier than that.

I would like if the Xbone BC had Vanquish in addition to those other games mentioned in this thread.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@charizard1605 said:
@Legend002 said:

But is that a one-off transfer? Because when my cousin had a Wii U, he had all these digital games on there but when his console broke, and replaced it, he couldn't use the same account and couldn't access his digital games...

Yeah, one off transfer only, sadly.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Love it! I'm one of a few, but I didn't get to experience too many last gen games cause of college. Roomates had Dark Souls, Call of Duty, Assassins Creed, but that was about it. Everything else was Wii and Gamecube stuff that we played.

So far I've gotten Halo Reach, Fallout 3, South Park Stick of Truth, and Rare Replay.

Performance for Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts and Halo Reach were both bad but everything else was solid! Loved Fallout 3 and South Park. And replaying Banjo Kazooie and Tooie is always good.

I'm gonna get Dark Souls, Alan Wake, and Doom 3 BFG at some point.

I'm still hoping they add Dead Rising and Call of Duty World at War, Blackops and Blackops 2

Syn_Valence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Syn_Valence
Member since 2004 • 2139 Posts

Another lame lem thread, bc is sooo last gen. Keep your damn 360 if want to be reminded of the last time Microsoft was revalant.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

The PS4 could play last gen games too but the difference is you have to pay a subscription to access them. The technology is there but instead of offering it free like MS and Nintendo, Sony milks you, no wonder they're called cows. The PS4 have 0% free BC which is unfortunate especially when some always get a boner for those flash sales dollar games. It would be instantly amazing playing all of them on one console but that's not the case with Sony's lack of plans for any backward compatibility support. Hopefully the NeO will change some things but don't hold your breath. You could keep your last gen consoles as long as you want but consoles get discontinued so as time passes it will be near impossible to find these older working machines to play these gems. So having the option to play gems on current consoles is always better than having none.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Love it, I just got through playing Gears of War 1-3 co-op with a friend, the best part is with family share my friend doesn't need to own these games to play them with me, so I own them but he can play them Co - op or even single player.

For that alone it's a 9/10.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#26 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14416 Posts

Better than Sony's pay again for games you already have approach.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

How much are you utilizing this features?

I've downloaded every backward compatible Xbox 360 GwG on my Xbox One. I've used it a decent amount. I wish I just have more time to play games because I already have backlog of current games and adding all these last gen gems added more backlog which is a good thing. Also since the Xbox One supports external hard drive support for games which the PS4 does not offer, you don't have to worry about running out of space ever. Right now you could easily attach two 6TB external hard drives at the same time on top of the 1TB or 500GB internal hard drive intact, wow.

Which games are you hoping to get added?

Surprise me. With Xbox 360 GwG offerings being backward compatible and playable on Xbox One, I've been pleasantly surprised. There are games I totally skipped but since it was offered free, I checked it out and had a blast. One of the best part of backward compatibility is when it's combined with free games offered with Games with Gold! So not only you get free backward compatibility, you get these BC games free.

From 1-10, how happy are you with the feature?

Every current gaming system from mobile, Xbox, PC, to Nintendo systems, all have free backward compatibility. These machines are hundreds and hundreds of dollars, so having more options and features are always better than having less or in PlayStations case, none. I give the feature of free backward compatibility on any system a 10/10.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

The only one who does BC right is nintendo and PC

I don't like emulators I like playing remastered version of old games

I don't want to play a laggy emulator with a disc in my drive

if i put my disk in the drive i want it to play off the disc and run great like it was meant to be played or better (PC)

Xb1 BC is useless to me since it's a laggy emulator of my old games that still needs a disc

Pharoahogc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pharoahogc1
Member since 2004 • 174 Posts

I honestly love it so much, and I get to experience a whole bunch of new 360 games every month with Games with Gold, some of them really suck but then there are some really decent ones also. I really want Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, oblivion,gta4,skyrim, and the rest of the mass effect games because I've never played them.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@charizard1605 said:
@Legend002 said:

After all the threads that I have had closed for being on the same subject or a dead horse, I have to call shenanigans on the fact that the weekly XBone BC thread gets a pass each and every time.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#31 Pedro  Online
Member since 2002 • 69463 Posts

@Syn_Valence said:

Another lame lem thread, bc is sooo last gen. Keep your damn 360 if want to be reminded of the last time Microsoft was revalant.

The PS4K is suppose to be BC with PS4. Sooooo?

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 SolidTy

@Pedro said:
@Syn_Valence said:

It won't be. The Cell processor was incredibly powerful (more powerful than the PS4 and Xbone CPUs) is a major problem and a rumored PS4K set of features won't fix that technical issue unless they insert PS3 components...which they won't because it would dramatically increase the price.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Its pretty cool. I never got to play much Iron Brigade last gen because playing alone kinda sucked but since they added it to games with gold a few months ago i told a buddy to get it and we tore through it in one night. it was so much fucking fun, great game. yea, there were some framerate issues but they didn't happen often enough to ruin the experience.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pedro  Online

@SolidTy said:
@Pedro said:
@Syn_Valence said:

It won't be. The Cell processor was incredibly powerful (more powerful than the PS4 and Xbone CPUs) is a major problem and a rumored PS4K set of features won't fix that technical issue unless they insert PS3 components...which they won't because it would dramatically increase the price.

I was not talking about the crappy Cell processor that died with the PS3 but I was specifically referring to the PS4.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SolidTy

@Pedro said:
@SolidTy said:
@Pedro said:
@Syn_Valence said:

I was not talking about the crappy Cell processor that died with the PS3 but I was specifically referring to the PS4.

So was I.

The last generation. 2006 PS3 Cell processor, which while being hard to develop for, was far more powerful than the current 2013 PS4/Xbone's CPUs, and the PS4K's rumored slight increase in CPU processing won't be able to overcome the raw power the Cell had. The reason this is significant is because the PS3 games run on the Cell, which poses a huge technical wall in emulating PS3 games on PS4 or the rumored PS4K.

Emulating 360 games, due to the 360's 3.2 GHz PowerPC Tri-Core Xenon, is much, much easier for the Xbone to handle, although clearly BC posed problems for the Xbone hardware team, the Xenon was no Cell processor. The Xbox team managed a remarkable feat in emulating 360 on Xbone, no doubt about it, but it wouldn't be possible if the 360 was Cell powered, but thankfully it wasn't; the 360 was Xenon powered.

The Cell processor was a failure in many ways, but it was very powerful. It was also underutilized as 3rd parties had no incentive to exploit the extra juice the Cell offered, especially as the Cell and the PS4 design in general presented hardships. There were of course, 1st party teams that did use the extra power due to not having to develop and create a multiplatform engine that runs on 360/PS3/PC.

It's amazing that the ghosts of PS3 still haunt Sony for the PS4 in the case for BC (The Cell is too powerful to emulate on a hardware scale for the PS4 or rumored slightly bumped CPU of the PS4K), but from here on out if Sony sticks to x86, the PS5 should be BC with PS4 at least.

tl;dr? The PS4K won't be BC*.

*Unless PS3 hardware is inserted into the rumored PS4K, which is unlikely due to costs.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#36 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@Shewgenja: Cry more.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Pedro  Online

@SolidTy I stated the PS4K will be BC with the PS4. You responded "It won't be". How wouldn't be and what does the PS3 have to do with the PS4k and the PS4 BC? I feel you went on a rant for no particular reason.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By SolidTy

@Pedro said:

@SolidTy I stated the PS4K will be BC with the PS4. You responded "It won't be". How wouldn't be and what does the PS3 have to do with the PS4k and the PS4 BC? I feel you went on a rant for no particular reason.

Oh, I see. I misunderstood when you said, "BC". Apologies for the confusion, but when I saw you state "BC" (Backwards Compatibility), in context BC has always referred to a previous generation of games. In fact, this thread is discussing BC of the Xbone, in reference to the 360 games.

You are saying the rumored upgraded PS4K will be BC with PS4 games? Considering it's a PS4, yes, it will play PS4 games. It's not a PS5 after-all. The rumored PS4K can't play any other types of games, other than PS4 games since it's a PS4. Don't let Nya's desperate and confused fanboy thinking permeate common sense. Imagine calling any retailer and asking them if the PS4K is BC with the PS4, you will just confuse the retailer. BC makes no sense in that context.

Much like 2014's New 3DS is still a 3DS with upgraded processors and increased RAM. This strange point was never an issue as BC in context back then in 2014 as BC was referencing the DS games, and the DS could play the GBA games, etc. It's interesting that select individuals didn't try to say the New 3DS was BC with 3DS games back then since there wasn't a fanboy desperation angle in trying to get rid of "exclusives" from the 3DS.

Their was an enhanced PS2 plus model that could play PS2 games but also included extra features, but I wouldn't say it was BC with PS2, it was a PS2 with enhancements, much like the New 3DS. There is other examples as well, like the Xbox 360 core with no HDD and the HDD models. The HDD 360s weren't BC with the 360, they were 360s themselves. The Saturn and N64 had RAM upgrades, but again, were still Saturns and N64s. Yes, N64s were sold with the extra RAM inserted, I have one such model.

While the New 3DS is the best example, the PC is also another example depending on the GPU.

Different skus for these consoles, but in the end, they didn't fragment the market. Typically the extra features of these machines are underutilized, but they aren't considered BC since the software is still designed for the LCD.

There is also a new Xbone coming with a new controller set to be revealed at E3, but again, the new Xbone won't be considered BC with the Xbone games, since it's just an Xbone.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Pedro  Online

While the PS4K is not a "generational" leap its is a substantial gain in performance. I cannot recall system prior to the rumored PS4K and Xbox Whatever offering an intermediate leap in performance. These are going to be new systems and BC would be built in by default because of the core architecture. The future of all systems will be an upgrade from the current architecture like PC gaming. I don't think we will see products varying from its predecessor like the previous generations of consoles. That ineffective and costly strategy has ship has sailed, as you explained with the PS3. However I can see the SPE on the PS3 being emulated by the GPU for future emulation.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SolidTy

@Pedro said:

While the PS4K is not a "generational" leap its is a substantial gain in performance. I cannot recall system prior to the rumored PS4K and Xbox Whatever offering an intermediate leap in performance. These are going to be new systems and BC would be built in by default because of the core architecture. The future of all systems will be an upgrade from the current architecture like PC gaming. I don't think we will see products varying from its predecessor like the previous generations of consoles. That ineffective and costly strategy has ship has sailed, as you explained with the PS3. However I can see the SPE on the PS3 being emulated by the GPU for future emulation.

You cannot recall, but what you may or may not know differs per person.

I agree with what you said regarding the future and architecture, including how ineffective and costly other cycles were.

However, what you can't recall about a system offering an intermediate leap in performance has already happened. I outlined a few examples from the N64 RAM expansion (which was sold inside of N64s/it's own sku), and the most recent case is the New 3DS (with upgraded processors and increased RAM). The N64 RAM expansion for instance offered a leap in performance for N64 games from All-Star Baseball to Gauntlet to Excitebike 64 to Turok 2/3, etc. That said, the N64 RAM WAS REQUIRED for some games to actually run including, Donkey Kong 64, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, and Perfect Dark (otherwise most of game is inaccessible).

I outlined more info above. There are some 360 games that require a HDD like 343s first game Halo 4.

The most recent example, is the 2014 New 3DS which has the retail exclusive XenoBlade Chronicles 3D using the extra processor power and RAM only found in 2014's New 3DS. That Xenoblade game won't play on the regular 3DS models.

I do agree the PS3 will eventually/can be emulated in a future console though, the tech just isn't cost effective yet.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#41 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@charizard1605: I'm not putting more money for games I already own up. The list continues to grow.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#42 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@kend0_kap0ni said:

Cool feature, but aint nothing going on for that system so bragging about playing your old 360 isnt really a plus......

"OMG Guys I just sold my 360 to buy an X1 so I can play my 360 games that I already played before because I've owned them for several years now."

That's non sense. A feature can garner some positive response without being the be all end all reason to buy the console.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@Pedro said:
@Syn_Valence said:

That's a dumb statement since PS4k is just a different version a PS4 and not a different console.

Both PS4 versions use the same play the exact same games Sooooo?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

7th gen lasted 8y and you're still playing 7th gen titles? wow

speedfog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#45 speedfog
Member since 2009 • 4966 Posts

Yeah I have too much games to play now on my Xbox. Ty MS.

Pay once for your Gold --> get to keep your games forever even when subscription expires.

Pay once for you PS+ --> not able to play the PS+ "free" games when subscription expires.

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

@casharmy said:
@Pedro said:
@Syn_Valence said:

That's a dumb statement since PS4k is just a different version a PS4 and not a different console.

Both PS4 versions use the same play the exact same games Sooooo?

Except it's not the same console given completely different hardware, a modified OS and it's not the exact same games, there has to be a code separation that is configured and optimized for each system independently, i.e. multi-platform development, in a nutshell it's two versions of the game on a single Blu-Ray.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@silversix_ said:

I was kinda thinking the same thing but not in the way you put it. There's nothing wrong with playing last gen game but....

Xbox fans are hyping xbox one...to be able to play xbox 360 games?

Disregarding the fact that there really aren't any xbox 360 games I can think of that are even worth going back and playing again in 2016, why the in the world would I buy an xbox one to do it and it isn't even 100% like PS3 was?

"Xbox One BC is an amazing feature!"?

LMAO, NO! FAT PS3's BC was an *amazing* feature.

Wii U's BC is an amazing feature.

Xbox One's BC is a joke and is only limited to a system who's library had little to no truly stand out games to begin with.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

@casharmy said:
@silversix_ said:

I was kinda thinking the same thing but not in the way you put it. There's nothing wrong with playing last gen game but....

Xbox fans are hyping xbox one...to be able to play xbox 360 games?

Disregarding the fact that there really aren't any xbox 360 games I can think of that are even worth going back and playing again in 2016, why the in the world would I buy an xbox one to do it and it isn't even 100% like PS3 was?

"Xbox One BC is an amazing feature!"?

LMAO, NO! FAT PS3's BC was an *amazing* feature.

Wii U's BC is an amazing feature.

Xbox One's BC is a joke and is only limited to a system's who's library the had little to no truly stand out games to go back to.

yeah, i agree and there's nothing wrong with playing last gen games but me, personally, i've had enough of that gen and played everything i cared about.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

Probably most played Doom 1/2, Toy Soldiers and TS: Cold War, Pac-Man CE DX+, Defense Grid ... love it mostly for the arcade games.