Xbox One & Xbox 360 get digital Black Friday deals starting now

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

Starting now, until end of Friday next week, Xbox One and Xbox 360 gamers gets to enjoy these early access Black Friday deals on digital Xbox games, seen here...

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/black-friday/xbox-one-games

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/black-friday/xbox-360-games

Sure, not the best list, more like an extended weekly Deals With Gold list, but there's some okay deals there nonetheless, and it might save on a trip to the hospital on might earn trying to get to the front of a Walmart mob to save a few dollars.

EDIT: so starting the weekend of Black Friday, more titles will be added, maybe some good bigger name titles, hopefully.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lamprey263

I know for myself I'm getting Dark Souls II: Scholar's of First Sin for $20.00, that's for certain. Never played it last gen so looking forward to this.

Some other games I'd like to get digitally and sell my disc copies include Metro Redux and Halo MCC, I'd love for an excuse to play through both those again. I'll think about that. Maybe I'll mail my friend my retired copies as he only plays GTA V. Those are selling for $17.99 for Redux (pretty good for two awesome games) and Halo MCC for $30, pretty good on both.

The new Need For Speed seems kind of tempting but I'm not gonna have time to play that with everything else on my plate, plus it'll likely be free on EA Access by summer. I'm kind of disappointed, was hoping Final Fantasy Type-0 would have gotten a digital discount, it's still listed as $60 digitally and goes for as low as $25 on Amazon. No rush to go out and get it as I have enough of a backlist now with the end of the year rolling in that I'll be set well into next year, but I definitely will grab it if I ever see that discounted good.

Overall, kind of weak sauce but surely there's gotta be at least something for everyone. Telltale Collection (Wolf Among Us, Walking Dead 1 & 2, Tales from the Borderlands, Game of Thrones) full seasons $36.30. Borderlands Handsome Collection $24. Geometry Wars Dimensions Evolved $4.99. I mean I got all that already but maybe those who haven't have a shot to get in on those cheaply.

Battlefield 4 Premium $30, Hardline $24 (think those are both on EA Access too)... might as well just subscribe to EA Access =P

I actually got Evolved while back on big discount but haven't gotten to it yet, hopefully with this sale creates a nice influx of players for me to jump in and play some, see if the season pass content is worth getting later if I like it. Will check that out this weekend.

I thought about getting Bioshock games on Xbox 360 for $5 each for first two, $7.50 for Infinite, since it's listed as next on the list of BC games coming with next update. Might also be a good chance to pick up Mass Effect for $4 too. See, sales not a total bust. Actually quite a lot of good Xbox 360 deals just not interested as some aren't BC yet. Typically the weekly DwG deals on the Xbox 360 end also tend to be pretty good deals each week too. The other week they had Catherine for $5 (aww dangit).

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

That list on Xbox.com seems incomplete.

Major Nelson lists everything:

http://majornelson.com/2015/11/20/black-friday-xbox-digital-game-deals/

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

how underwhelming

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lamprey263

@Salt_The_Fries: looks just the same, I think it just has a more robust appearing presentation being on a list and in one page instead of two different pages

DressYouUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 DressYouUp
Member since 2007 • 579 Posts

Forza Horizon 2 is going cheap. Get the best current-gen racing game! Poor DriveClub.

@lostrib said:

how underwhelming

It's only the first day.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lamprey263

@DressYouUp: thanks, didn't notice that, from the looks of it they'll be adding more to the list the weekend after Black Friday, hopefully there's some choice picks there, fingers crossed then for that FF Type-0

also remember last year in December leading up to New Years they did a daily countdown with daily deals, so expect more good stuff then if they do that again

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Why combine two completely different games (Forza 6+Gears of war) in one package?

i hate when they do that shit. i want to buy gears, i have no interest in forza 6....

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

The Forza 6, GEoW Collection bundle looks pretty good.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44025 Posts

Yup, that FM6 & Gears seems pretty good, son if you're reading... hint, hint lol. ,

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Yup, that FM6 & Gears seems pretty good, son if you're reading... hint, hint lol. ,

@cainetao11@chikenfriedrice

Ready for tonight? :D

9CST/10 EST

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SecretPolice

@Heil68 said:
@SecretPolice said:

9CST/10 EST

I know you're gonna want to say fuk u already but I'm not 100% in yet lol but I swear I'll do mah best, I really do want to Halo 5 with you guys. :)

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@SecretPolice said:
@Heil68 said:
@SecretPolice said:

9CST/10 EST

I know you're gonna want to say fuk u already but I'm not 100% in yet lol but I swear I'll do mah best, I really do want to Halo 5 with you guys. :)

There is no legit reason why you cant play tonight. See you there :D

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SecretPolice

@Heil68 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@Heil68 said:
@SecretPolice said:

9CST/10 EST

See you there. :D

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@lostrib said:

how underwhelming

It's pretty underwhelming right now,but a bunch of big games like destiny taken king,rare replay and witcher 3 will be on sale sometime next weekend according to major nelson.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#16 drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

Will probably bite with Dark Souls 2. Couldn't care less about the rest.

DrkeX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DrkeX
Member since 2003 • 645 Posts
@lostrib said:

how underwhelming

Better than what Sony has put out.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#18 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@SecretPolice said:
@Heil68 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@Heil68 said:
@SecretPolice said:

9CST/10 EST

See you there. :D

I'm in and a thug.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Some nice deals... picked up a few BC games for Xbone, as well as Borderlands Collection.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

Would get Divinity digitally if the price was right. Otherwise I prefer hard copies and the deals are usually better.

This year though I'm getting a 3DS and a new TV (finally upgrading to 1080p), so no X1 games for me

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@Ross_the_Boss6 said:

Would get Divinity digitally if the price was right. Otherwise I prefer hard copies and the deals are usually better.

This year though I'm getting a 3DS and a new TV (finally upgrading to 1080p), so no X1 games for me

May I ask what TV you have bought :)?