Xbox One and PS4 are seriously complete jokes.

• 197 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

I believe you meant to say something else bro.. unless you think this current console situation will cause things like a shortage of clean water, famine, disease, illiteracy, etc..

Yup. Fixed it

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#52  Edited By commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@arkephonic said:

I was just making a thread comparing the top 5 exclusives between the PS4, Xbox One and Wii U, and I couldn't even find 5 exclusives for the PS4 and Xbox One. You literally have to scrape the very very bottom of the barrel. What is the point of these machines when the PC does everything they do but better?

There's only one reason and one reason only to own a PS4 or an Xbox One, and that would be if you simply could not afford a gaming PC. All the Xbox One and PS4 do is play PC games at low settings, period.

Wii U on the other hand, now that is a great little system. What an identity it has, it's such a great compliment to my PC. Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart 8 (so good), Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, New Super Luigi U, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, The Wonderful 101 and Nintendo Land. That's quite a lineup of games right there. The worst exclusives on the Wii U are better than the best exclusives on PS4 and Xbox One combined. It's seriously hilarious.

Obviously more games will come later, but I find it funny how worthless these 2 systems are right now. I haven't turned my PS4 on in months. Anyone who is playing anything on PS4 or Xbox One is just playing a game on low settings that they could be playing on high settings instead on a PC. What's even the point in investing in something for low settings?

Well a console is mostly interesting for the easy of use, the exclusives, the community, the hardware and the controller. When you want max graphics , you use the pc, and that's what I do. As for the xboxone I'm only interested in the fifa legends for ultimate team, which are exclusively for xbox1/xbox360, I like the community also better on the xbox and I also like the controller better. The hardware is better in the playstation but I have never cared about playstation and I probably never will. Their exclusives are not my cup of tea, I can't stand the controller and I simply like the community more on the xbox platform

As for the nintendo, those games you talk about are for kids imo or nintendo fans, and I'm neither of them . For me nintendo will only be interesting again if they can compete with the consoles today because a lot of games are released on consoles only (at first) but the wii u is simply not powerfull enough to run all those games. Some nintendo exclusives are pretty good though, but in the wii u gen i've seen only one of them that's maybe interesting and that's zombie u. It's not that big of a hit to buy a console just for that though, especially when the wii u can't run a lot of console multiplats.

I can understand you don't use your ps4. I can understand people don't use an x1 as well, if you have a pc that is and/or an ps3 or x360 but it's going to change fast though, a lot of console exclusives will release and the x360/ps3/pc will be left out. I'm going to buy an x1 now because i think fifa looks better and the controller is better for long play sessions, it also comes without a kinect now for a reasonable price. Gta V is releasing in november as well and there won't be a pc version yet. I purposely postponed playing gta V because I thought it wasn't worth it to play it on the old systems, it will probably look better on the pc though but I waited long enough and I rather play with a controller. If I don't want to be slaughtered by the competition in gta online I better stay on a console platform if i'm using a controller.

I think it's a good time to buy an x1 for me now. So no, It isn't really about money only, some people will probably buy a console because of the money but don't forget a lot of people don't like working with a pc and like the plug and play of a console.

But even people that like gaming pc's and can afford them like me still buy consoles and it won't be a wii u.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@dalger21 said:

Yup. Fixed it

Haha, yeah I figured you knew what was up.

And yeah, 1st world problems for sure. I guess that's just System Wars in general though. People getting upset over pixels and opinions.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By commander

@ConanTheStoner said:

@dalger21 said:

Yup. Fixed it

Haha, yeah I figured you knew what was up.

And yeah, 1st world problems for sure. I guess that's just System Wars in general though. People getting upset over pixels and opinions.

Well not everybody runs around high all the time and needs something more to be satisfied.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Yep.

It's surprising how popular they are when they have so little going for them right now.

I didn't think consumers were this stupid outside of Apple fans.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ConanTheStoner

@evildead6789 said:

Well not everybody runs around high all the time and needs something more to be satisfied.

That cuts deep bro :'(

Funny that you say 'runs around high' though, I'm literally about to do just that. Something about green and cardio just feels so right.

At least I don't fall into the lazy stoner cliche.

And I must say, if you've never smoked and played video games you have no idea what you're missing out on. That's true satisfaction!

Edit: Can't find my running shoes. :(

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

So after reading this page, you made this thread to point out how you don't have anything you want to play.........life is horrible for you

Buyers remorse,lol.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#59 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#60 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@lostrib said:

At least they have 1080p...sort of

eh, let's wait for non-cross gen games.

i mean, even Watch Dogs, considering the unoptimized shit it is, runs easily at 1080p at console settings (high, 30fps) on pc.

I'm having a hard time seeing either run Unity, Witcher, Batman or The Division at 1080p. But who knows.

Meh, mediocre console.

No backwards compatibility, no option settins, no K/M support in games, shitty sales even on digital, no interesting games. Though, i am interested in the xbox line-up of AAAs. Eh

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#61 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

They are each, what, ten months old? Give them time. Good games are coming, and assuming they don't all pull a Destiny/Watch Dogs/Titanfall/inFamous/Killzone/Knack/Ryse/Forza 5...

Okay, yeah, I see your point. Still, give it time, they're bound to get better. They couldn't possibly get any worse.

10 months is a lotta time.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By commander

@ConanTheStoner said:

@evildead6789 said:

That cuts deep bro :'(

Funny that you say 'runs around high' though, I'm literally about to do just that. Something about green and cardio just feels so right.

At least I don't fall into the lazy stoner cliche.

And I must say, if you've never smoked and played video games you have no idea what you're missing out on. That's true satisfaction!

Edit: Can't find my running shoes. :(

Well lazy stoner or not, it's a fact we're a bit on downside when it comes to gaming. Before 2007 , everything was about more graphics , more textures more realism and the hardware availalbe was simply not enough.

Sadly economics caught up with us dreamers and the hardware available now isn't really used to it's full potential, allthough there's hope again.

I said 2007 because that was a time crysis was released and sadly the game hasn't really been topped. 8 years is a long time in the videogame industry, so long that some gamers today are too young to know what crysis was even about and/or played the game on a console and/or played the game on a weak system.

But there's hope, virtual reality will bring us to the next level and for a lot of stoners this could be the end of their habits for the following reason; cannabis hightens the experience in videogames, because you're absorbed more easily into the game, you could say it lubricates and boosts your adapter with the virtual world.

However with virtual reality, this boost could be harmfull (as far as it wasn't harmfull already with the way we play 3d games today) because virtual reality will pretty much completely engulf you in the game. Certain emotions could prove to be too intense and simply give you a heart attack, a brain aneurysm or bring you into a certain state of mind that you'll never recover from. It was nobody less than timothy leary that said that virtual reality could provide the same effects as lsd.

Maybe something to think about when you will put that vr helmet on when you're reefing, mr lazystoner, or do anything else for that matter. I don't know how old you are but cannabis and running isn't healthy, daily use isn't healthy and 'not healthy' sooner or later catches up with you.

and old habits... die hard.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64  Edited By dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@GiveMeSomething said:

@charizard1605 said:

still, give it time, they're bound to get better. They couldn't possibly get any worse.

But then they release Destiny, DAYUM. lmao Jesus fucking christ what a shitty game. To think I bought it on release day. :sigh:

Played the alpha, found it boring, criticized it then, got attacked by fanboys, called the game sucking way back in June. Got the last laugh after all.

THIS. I said the beta was boring, samey and lifeless and got attacked for it.

Looks like I was right.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Wii U/PC is the answer this generation. PS4 and X1 going with PC architecture pretty much guaranteed that anything the 2 of them can make would be just fine on PC. I really don't see a reason to get a X1/PS4 this generation. And even then all I'd do if I bought it and played it is wonder how much better the game would be if it could be played to its fullest potential on PC.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

@dalger21 said:

Should rename this to Third World Problems. I'm enjoying my PS4. It's had games I wanted to play and I enjoyed them. Third World Problems.

I believe you meant to say something else bro.. unless you think this current console situation will cause things like a shortage of clean water, famine, disease, illiteracy, etc..

hahah I was thinking that, Third World Problems are a serious matter and have nothing to do with gaming

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

First of all this opinion of yours is down right pathetic, if you're such a wii u fan then just stick to it and sell your PS4, no one's making you suffer any further lol. As for consoles playing at PC low settings, well I can list at least four games that look better than anything released on PC.

Any way wtf does PC have to offer this year aside from all the multiplats consoles get? Any decent AAA exclusives? On my PS4 and XBone I've had plenty fun and enjoyed cutting edge graphics not yet done on a released pc game.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

@arkephonic said:

I was just making a thread comparing the top 5 exclusives between the PS4, Xbox One and Wii U, and I couldn't even find 5 exclusives for the PS4 and Xbox One. You literally have to scrape the very very bottom of the barrel. What is the point of these machines when the PC does everything they do but better?

There's only one reason and one reason only to own a PS4 or an Xbox One, and that would be if you simply could not afford a gaming PC. All the Xbox One and PS4 do is play PC games at low settings, period.

Wii U on the other hand, now that is a great little system. What an identity it has, it's such a great compliment to my PC. Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart 8 (so good), Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, New Super Luigi U, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, The Wonderful 101 and Nintendo Land. That's quite a lineup of games right there. The worst exclusives on the Wii U are better than the best exclusives on PS4 and Xbox One combined. It's seriously hilarious.

Obviously more games will come later, but I find it funny how worthless these 2 systems are right now. I haven't turned my PS4 on in months. Anyone who is playing anything on PS4 or Xbox One is just playing a game on low settings that they could be playing on high settings instead on a PC. What's even the point in investing in something for low settings?

not really low settings they look like medium-high mixed but they cant play them on 1080p sadly

also i dont think they need exclusives to be good consoles, whats wrong with multiplat games people doesnt enjoy a game others can?

but pc is and will stay as superior platform.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 ConanTheStoner
@evildead6789 said:

Well lazy stoner or not, it's a fact we're a bit on downside when it comes to gaming. Before 2007 , everything was about more graphics , more textures more realism and the hardware availalbe was simply not enough.

Sadly economics caught up with us dreamers and the hardware available now isn't really used to it's full potential, allthough there's hope again.

I said 2007 because that was a time crysis was released and sadly the game hasn't really been topped. 8 years is a long time in the videogame industry, so long that some gamers today are too young to know what crysis was even about and/or played the game on a console and/or played the game on a weak system.

Oh I would agree that (for my tastes at least), gaming has been spiraling downhill since early last gen. Not really because of the graphics though, I expected diminishing returns to be the norm. The last time I was honestly wowed by a visual leap was when I got my PS2. It's all become increasingly incremental since then.

I would argue that Crysis has been topped by a few games at this point too, though it did hold the crown for an unprecedented amount of time.

Anyways, I'm sorry you took the time to give me a real response, I was just joking with that other guy. Calling out 1st world problems on a SW topic is kind of a "no shit?" situation.

said:

But there's hope, virtual reality will bring us to the next level and for a lot of stoners this could be the end of their habits for the following reason; cannabis hightens the experience in videogames, because you're absorbed more easily into the game, you could say it lubricates and boosts your adapter with the virtual world.

However with virtual reality, this boost could be harmfull (as far as it wasn't harmfull already with the way we play 3d games today) because virtual reality will pretty much completely engulf you in the game. Certain emotions could prove to be too intense and simply give you a heart attack, a brain aneurysm or bring you into a certain state of mind that you'll never recover from. It was nobody less than timothy leary that said that virtual reality could provide the same effects as lsd.

Well I enjoy smoking in general, it has little to do with gaming. I don't even game too often, it's just one of my many hobbies and honestly it's my least productive one which is why I've been drifting away from it in recent years. You hit the nail on the head though, that's a great description for the effect of smoking on gaming.

I grew into a light smoker as I got older. I don't smoke to get wasted, or to "escape", I smoke just enough to relax and get the ideas flowing. I'm self employed but deadlines are still a reality. My job is one part creativity, one part monotony. Smoking helps me get my ideas out in the design phase and to push through the boredom when it's time to turn that design into something functional. Most of my best work was done while smoking, so what can I say?

Who knows though, maybe smoking and virtual reality could be a bad combo? Can't say I ever gave it any thought. However, I've never known of anyone to suffer anything worse than a panic attack from cannabis and that's usually from edibles, not from smoke. From the way you describe it, it would seem that virtual reality is a greater risk. I had my go with LSD in the 90s, that shit is nothing to **** around with.

said:

Maybe something to think about when you will put that vr helmet on when you're reefing, mr lazystoner, or do anything else for that matter. I don't know how old you are but cannabis and running isn't healthy, daily use isn't healthy and healthy sooner or later catches up with you.

and old habits... die hard.

Recently turned 32 here, but people always guess early-mid 20s, usually 25.

Trust me man I'm not some hippy idiot, I know that any smoke can never be good on the lungs. I'd never say it's good for me, but I think I have a good balance with my health. I eat healthy, I grow most of my own veggies, and I only eat out on rare occasion. Fast food only happens about once a month. I swim laps or jog, or do both almost every day. If I'm not up for that I'll just hit the speed rope. Sometimes I even lift... bro.

I spend a lot of time studying too, the brain won't exercise itself.

I know it's not the right way to look at things, but despite all my faults I still seem to be doing better than a lot of my peers, "straight edge" or not. Haven't had need to see a doctor since I was 17. Just got over being sick for the first time in a couple of years and it only lasted 2.5 days.

I gotta say man, I'm living a happy and productive life, can't ask for much more. If the evil weed catches up to me some day then so be it, but I'm not feeling its venomous fangs just yet.

I'm not one to turn down some good advice though, especially if it's based on facts. If you can link me to something credible explaining the risks of smoking a little green and jogging I'd appreciate it. If the risks are great, I'll stop right away. I grew up with a few accomplished athletes and it never hurt them, guess I figured I was in the clear haha.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#72 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

Agreed all Xbox one and ps4 have are cross Gen ports and remakes that is what is,hurting them big time and its always been Nintendo Making them good games

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

@arkephonic said:
@cainetao11 said:

So after reading this page, you made this thread to point out how you don't have anything you want to play.........life is horrible for you

Currently playing: Battlefield 4, World of Warcraft, StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm , Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, DOTA 2, Counter Strike: GO, Mario Kart 8, soon to be Smash Bros...

Wow! You really need a super high end PC for those games! Lulz. Better get a couple of Titans to run those on highest settings.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#74  Edited By Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Yeah it's true. The Wii U right now has around 6-8 great exclusive games already. PS4 released inFAMOUS Second son in March 2014 and it looks like it will take until June 2015 before a second game worth note releases (Arkham Knight). Sadly, it looks like I'll probably pick up a PS4 in June for a mere 2 games.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@arkephonic: Exclusives aren't as big a deal as they once were. To make money devs tend to put games on multiple consoles. But first party devs will put games out eventually for the consoles. Nonetheless if you want to game you need to upgrade within a couple years of new gens to get the games being created. But you don't solely have to have exclusives.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#76 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11270 Posts

@mems_1224: All next gen consoles are pretty bad, but the Xbox One reaches an all new low, at least the PS4 is some what decent.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By commander

@ConanTheStoner said:

Oh I would agree that (for my tastes at least), gaming has been spiraling downhill since early last gen. Not really because of the graphics though, I expected diminishing returns to be the norm. The last time I was honestly wowed by a visual leap was when I got my PS2. It's all become increasingly incremental since then.

I would argue that Crysis has been topped by a few games at this point too, though it did hold the crown for an unprecedented amount of time.

Anyways, I'm sorry you took the time to give me a real response, I was just joking with that other guy. Calling out 1st world problems on a SW topic is kind of a "no shit?" situation.

Well I enjoy smoking in general, it has little to do with gaming. I don't even game too often, it's just one of my many hobbies and honestly it's my least productive one which is why I've been drifting away from it in recent years. You hit the nail on the head though, that's a great description for the effect of smoking on gaming.

I grew into a light smoker as I got older. I don't smoke to get wasted, or to "escape", I smoke just enough to relax and get the ideas flowing. I'm self employed but deadlines are still a reality. My job is one part creativity, one part monotony. Smoking helps me get my ideas out in the design phase and to push through the boredom when it's time to turn that design into something functional. Most of my best work was done while smoking, so what can I say?

Who knows though, maybe smoking and virtual reality could be a bad combo? Can't say I ever gave it any thought. However, I've never known of anyone to suffer anything worse than a panic attack from cannabis and that's usually from edibles, not from smoke. From the way you describe it, it would seem that virtual reality is a greater risk. I had my go with LSD in the 90s, that shit is nothing to **** around with.

Recently turned 32 here, but people always guess early-mid 20s, usually 25.

Trust me man I'm not some hippy idiot, I know that any smoke can never be good on the lungs. I'd never say it's good for me, but I think I have a good balance with my health. I eat healthy, I grow most of my own veggies, and I only eat out on rare occasion. Fast food only happens about once a month. I swim laps or jog, or do both almost every day. If I'm not up for that I'll just hit the speed rope. Sometimes I even lift... bro.

I spend a lot of time studying too, the brain won't exercise itself.

I know it's not the right way to look at things, but despite all my faults I still seem to be doing better than a lot of my peers, "straight edge" or not. Haven't had need to see a doctor since I was 17. Just got over being sick for the first time in a couple of years and it only lasted 2.5 days.

I gotta say man, I'm living a happy and productive life, can't ask for much more. If the evil weed catches up to me some day then so be it, but I'm not feeling its venomous fangs just yet.

I'm not one to turn down some good advice though, especially if it's based on facts. If you can link me to something credible explaining the risks of smoking a little green and jogging I'd appreciate it. If the risks are great, I'll stop right away. I grew up with a few accomplished athletes and it never hurt them, guess I figured I was in the clear haha.

Yeah, you could say that some games topped crysis. But in some areas then, especially in character detail, faces and stuff , you know. But the jungle environment, the foliage hasn't really been done better. Far cry 3 for instance doesn't cut it. The game also has the most polygons for environments and we've yet to see a game with more detail when it comes to environments.

Well panic attacks are one thing, if you can die from it will be unlikely, I think.. But that wasn't really what I meant. Emotions are mostly enchanced with cannabis and when emotions like fear are adressed in virtual reality games it could be that the stoner becomes sick of it pretty easily. Just because it won't be fun anymore, fear in a horror movie or horror game can be quite pleasant for the fans but the level in immersion with vr could simply be too much, especially when you're stoned.

That a jump- scare could kill you in vr when you're high will be a harsh reality but it goes much farther than that. The organs in our body have a certain treshold before it snaps or breaks. The heart will react with a heart attack, the nervous system and the brain with a nervous breakdown There have already been cases of gamers that died behind the screen (heart attack) and/or had nervous breakdown because of the heightened stress on the brain/nervous system.

A nervous breakdown can manifest in different ways but mostly it reacts with psychosis and/or depression. You do know that psychosis is already happening with people who just smoke cannabis, even after their first hit. Of course, most people don't get a psychosis, at least not the clinical ones that makes you sick. All people that smoke do get a form of alternate reality though because that is what cannabis does, it changes the perception of reality. A lot of users like this change and that's why they keep on doing it.

Psychosis does mean delusional though, so you could say that cannabis makes you psychotic in a way, maybe not enough that it interfered with your functioning but in some areas there will always be changes. I can hear you thinking that it isn't true but that is because the 'evil weed' has undermined your system. You think that is the way you think about certain things but it simply isn't true. You think like that about certain things because the cannabis changed you.

Of course I can hear you thinking again, this is just that anti-mj propaganda again but that isn't the case. I'm not really against cannabis use, but I'm not really pro as well. I think people should make the best of it with the reality that they have been given. Changing reality can be fun once in a while though but the problem with cannabis is that after regular use some of the brain changes simply stay. To give you an example, when smoking you will start laughing with absurd things, you sometimes even find things funny that were never meant to be funny. When you use regurarly, you could suddenly find yourself laughing with certain situations that you wouldn't laugh with if you hadn't been a user.

For some people this can be a good thing though , not everyone is born in 7th heaven and some people are simply born in hell, others in every possible gradation between that. For some people it's simply better to have an alternate reality because theirs (or their perception of it) wasn't bearable, or not really worth living for. But if you felt happy without it, I would do some serious reflection. And even then, you can always look for solutions sober so you can be happy.

If you're high, that's what you get and nothing else I've been high too, and a lot of times but I've never been high daily for years simply beause it get's boring after a while for me. There a certain things I cannot do, or i don't get the satisfaction of doing certain things that I do get when I'm sober. This is also the case with being high though, certain things do give me satisfaction only when I'm high (or at least a lot more satisfaction)

But sober doesn't give me any rebounds, it doesn't change my perception of reality, it doesn't clutter up my lungs and it doesn't cost any money.

If you want evidence

http://www.sfn.org/Press-Room/News-Release-Archives/2014/Brain-Changes-Are-Associated-with-Casual-Marijuana-Use-in-Young-Adults

http://www.healthline.com/health-news/casual-marijuana-smoking-linked-to-brain-changes-041614

There are numerous articles about this , they know this already for some time now.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@arkephonic said:

Yeah the wii U also has 2 years on the market bro,by it second year the 360 had tons of games,the PS2 had more games than any system at that same time frame,and the PS3 had games as well.

The xbox one and PS4 are just 10 freaking months,i am sure that by its 2 years the consoles will have tons of games,and Nintendo systems always get tons of exclusives is what they can have,but if you like multiplatforms exclusives and multiplatforms steer away from the Wii U since developers are avoiding it like a plague.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#79 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@arkephonic said:

@mems_1224 said:

Well, its just the PS4 thats a joke.

The PS4 > The Xbox One by a lot.

except when it comes to games

Nope. Even in games PS4 > X1

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Vatusus said:

@mems_1224 said:

@arkephonic said:

@mems_1224 said:

cool story bro

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

They are each, what, ten months old? Give them time. Good games are coming, and assuming they don't all pull a Destiny/Watch Dogs/Titanfall/inFamous/Killzone/Knack/Ryse/Forza 5...

Okay, yeah, I see your point. Still, give it time, they're bound to get better. They couldn't possibly get any worse.

No amount of optimization is going to make up for hardware that underpowered. They are both laptop-grade APUs that are already so far behind mid-tier gaming PCs, it's almost funny.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#82 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@Vatusus said:

@mems_1224 said:

@arkephonic said:

@mems_1224 said:

cool story bro

thx

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@mikhail said:

@charizard1605 said:

No amount of optimization is going to make up for hardware that underpowered. They are both laptop-grade APUs that are already so far behind mid-tier gaming PCs, it's almost funny.

Then would you care to show us this laptop APU that offers the same performance as the APU in the PS4?

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

It's the generation of remakes.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#87 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@arkephonic said:
[...] but I find it funny how worthless these 2 systems are right now. [...]

And selling based on hype alone. Kind of a sad reflection of the current industry as a whole right now. Activision made their $500 million investment back in a day with a game getting in the 70's on Metacritic. All based on hype and advertising.

Sony has sold a $400 console over 10 million times with literally no games to offer now or for the reasonable future (not until 2015 are things of decent quality being given release windows).

And no, the PS4 isn't better than the Xbone right now. The Xbone actually has a few exclusives worth playing.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@asylumni said:

@mikhail said:

Then would you care to show us this laptop APU that offers the same performance as the APU in the PS4?

He's not wrong.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/131232830241?limghlpsr=true&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=108&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=108

GTX 780M = 2.3TFLOPS (Desktop 7870). That is more powerful than PS4. And that laptop will perform games better than PS4.

Since when was the GTX 780M an APU?

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

I like 3rd person and certain types of games on console better...due to the unified experience, grab pad and power it up to play, laid back and relax, just plain fun gaming.

1'st person and highly graphical immersive games I prefer on PC but not for the experience of grabbing 2 peripherals, loading Windows and going into Origin or Steam and let's not forget the lovely Uplay popup's that don't support a gamepad. But rather for the graphical and immersive experience...or so I can use my G27 wheel.

Specs?...it's numbers on paper. Ultimately it's what the developer does, the intended experience....but I guess this isn't the post the OP wanted to read anyway. He wants everyone to agree with him so he can feel part of a group that he lacks or to Troll, both are pathetic so it doesn't matter.

SakusEnvoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By SakusEnvoy
Member since 2009 • 4764 Posts

@foxhound_fox: As it stands right now, Xbox One doesn't have a single exclusive with a metacritic score above the 70s.

The PS4 has Resogun, inFamous, Velocity 2X and (temporary timed exclusive) Oddworld all in the 80s.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#91  Edited By foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I tried to find an image to represent the current state of the console gaming industry. I couldn't so I made one:

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#92 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

It makes me giggle when people think this gen is starting off slow and they completely forget how bad last gen was with the lack of games the first two years of the gen, RROD on the 360 and the yellow brick of death on the PS3.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

I just want my JRPG's. Why the hell can't you give me a new console focused DQ already! :(

also last guardian, Bloodborne is really the only reason to own a next gen console at this point.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

neither appeal to me at the moment

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@arkephonic: There is not one game currently available that the PS4/X1 run at low settings. Just about every game available runs either Ultra or a mix of High to Ultra settings. You are clueless especially since you bring up the performance of PS4/X1 then talk about how great the Wii U is. It can't run most next gen multiplats PERIOD!

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#97 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

Ever since MGS5 was confirmed for PC my interest in a PS4 dropped. Not even Bloodborne is worth it.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#98  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

People didn't give the Wii U that kind of time. MS and Sony consoles are done.

Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I'm actually enjoying PS4... Would I prefer the system having more exclusives available? of course I would but those will come in time... In the meantime there are plenty of great multiplats / indie titles & a few exclusives to enjoy..

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#100  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

I disagree with the notion that the Xbox One and PS4 are seriously complete jokes. WiiU is just as pathetic. So it should be Xbox One, PS4, and Wii U are seriously complete jokes. Because they are.