Xbox One and PS4 are seriously complete jokes.

• 197 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 arkephonic
Member since 2006 • 7221 Posts

I was just making a thread comparing the top 5 exclusives between the PS4, Xbox One and Wii U, and I couldn't even find 5 exclusives for the PS4 and Xbox One. You literally have to scrape the very very bottom of the barrel. What is the point of these machines when the PC does everything they do but better?

There's only one reason and one reason only to own a PS4 or an Xbox One, and that would be if you simply could not afford a gaming PC. All the Xbox One and PS4 do is play PC games at low settings, period.

Wii U on the other hand, now that is a great little system. What an identity it has, it's such a great compliment to my PC. Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart 8 (so good), Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, New Super Luigi U, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, The Wonderful 101 and Nintendo Land. That's quite a lineup of games right there. The worst exclusives on the Wii U are better than the best exclusives on PS4 and Xbox One combined. It's seriously hilarious.

Obviously more games will come later, but I find it funny how worthless these 2 systems are right now. I haven't turned my PS4 on in months. Anyone who is playing anything on PS4 or Xbox One is just playing a game on low settings that they could be playing on high settings instead on a PC. What's even the point in investing in something for low settings?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Well, its just the PS4 thats a joke.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 arkephonic

@mems_1224 said:

The PS4 > The Xbox One by a lot.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

It's the generation of remakes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#5  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

They are each, what, ten months old? Give them time. Good games are coming, and assuming they don't all pull a Destiny/Watch Dogs/Titanfall/inFamous/Killzone/Knack/Ryse/Forza 5...

Okay, yeah, I see your point. Still, give it time, they're bound to get better. They couldn't possibly get any worse.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 arkephonic

@charizard1605:

One year in and both the PS4 and Xbox One offer literally nothing to someone who has a top of the line PC. It's absolutely pathetic, there's no reason to sugar coat it.

Avatar image for GiveMeSomething
GiveMeSomething

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 GiveMeSomething
Member since 2007 • 1323 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

still, give it time, they're bound to get better. They couldn't possibly get any worse.

But then they release Destiny, DAYUM. lmao Jesus fucking christ what a shitty game. To think I bought it on release day. :sigh:

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

At least they have 1080p...sort of

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 arkephonic

You have to give Sony some credit, lol!!!!! Do you realize they have the world lining up to buy their 5 year old PC hardware to play PC games on low settings? How in the world did this thing draw such a crowd?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@arkephonic said:

@charizard1605:

One year in and both the PS4 and Xbox One offer literally nothing to someone who has a top of the line PC. It's absolutely pathetic, there's no reason to sugar coat it.

Ten months in, the Wii U itself wasn't shining with a great many compelling titles either. It had, what, Pikmin, The Wonderful 101, Mario U, ZombiU, and Lego City, if you're into that. Assuming you want to count Nintendo exclusives(lol), it also had Wind Waker HD and Monster Hunter. That's more or less on par with where the PS4 and Xbox One are right now. Maybe it's a little better, but if it is, just by a very tiny little.

I'm just saying, give it time. 2015 looks great for all machines, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, I'm sure those two consoles will make a case for themselves by then. If, say, The Order or Halo or Quantum Break or Uncharted flop, then yes, it's time to start ringing the warning bells.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@GiveMeSomething said:

@charizard1605 said:

still, give it time, they're bound to get better. They couldn't possibly get any worse.

But then they release Destiny, DAYUM. lmao Jesus fucking christ what a shitty game. To think I bought it on release day. :sigh:

Played the alpha, found it boring, criticized it then, got attacked by fanboys, called the game sucking way back in June. Got the last laugh after all.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 arkephonic
@charizard1605 said:

@arkephonic said:

@charizard1605:

Ten months in, the Wii U itself wasn't shining with a great many compelling titles either. It had, what, Pikmin, The Wonderful 101, Mario U, ZombiU, and Lego City, if you're into that. Assuming you want to count Nintendo exclusives(lol), it also had Wind Waker HD and Monster Hunter. That's more or less on par with where the PS4 and Xbox One are right now. Maybe it's a little better, but if it is, just by a very tiny little.

I'm just saying, give it time. 2015 looks great for all machines, Xbox One, PS4, Wii U, I'm sure those two consoles will make a case for themselves by then. If, say, The Order or Halo or Quantum Break or Uncharted flop, then yes, it's time to start ringing the warning bells.

You keep saying give it time, but I'm not becoming impatient. I don't even care, at all. It is what it is, I'm just pointing it out. The Wii U launched with one of the best 2D Mario platformers of all time (IMO), so I'd say on day 1 of the Wii U launch it was already light years ahead of where the PS4 and Xbox One are at right now.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@arkephonic said:
@charizard1605 said:

@arkephonic said:

@charizard1605:

You keep saying give it time, but I'm not becoming impatient. I don't even care, at all. It is what it is, I'm just pointing it out. The Wii U launched with one of the best 2D Mario platformers of all time (IMO), so I'd say on day 1 of the Wii U launch it was already light years ahead of where the PS4 and Xbox One are at right now.

Sure, I agree, the Wii U at launch had better and more compelling games than either Xbox One and PS4, with NSMBU and ZombiU, but then it dried up, averaging out to mediocre over its first ten months. Meanwhile, Xbox One and PS4 have just... always been mediocre over their first ten months. They've never been more or less than that.

I understand your viewpoint, I even agree with it, and I do think that right now, the Wii U is the best gaming machine. I don't think it will always be that way, though, so I'm willing to give the PS4 (especially) the benefit of the doubt and give it time to get going. Remember the PS3? That was shitty as **** for the first few years of its life, and now it's just awesome.

@arkephonic said:

You have to give Sony some credit, lol!!!!! Do you realize they have the world lining up to buy their 5 year old PC hardware to play PC games on low settings? How in the world did this thing draw such a crowd?

Eh, if it gets good games in the end, specs won't matter. Just look at the Wii U or 3DS or even DS.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mems_1224

@arkephonic said:

@mems_1224 said:

except when it comes to games

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 arkephonic
@charizard1605 said:

@arkephonic said:
@charizard1605 said:

@arkephonic said:

@charizard1605:

Sure, I agree, the Wii U at launch had better and more compelling games than either Xbox One and PS4, with NSMBU and ZombiU, but then it dried up, averaging out to mediocre over its first ten months. Meanwhile, Xbox One and PS4 have just... always been mediocre over their first ten months. They've never been more or less than that.

I understand your viewpoint, I even agree with it, and I do think that right now, the Wii U is the best gaming machine. I don't think it will always be that way, though, so I'm willing to give the PS4 (especially) the benefit of the doubt and give it time to get going. Remember the PS3? That was shitty as **** for the first few years of its life, and now it's just awesome.

@arkephonic said:

Eh, if it gets good games in the end, specs won't matter. Just look at the Wii U or 3DS or even DS.

I know how it all works. I know that when it's all said and done and they're showing PS5 at E3 2019, PS4 is going to have a kick ass lineup of fucking awesome games. I'm just bored and pointing out the current state of affairs.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By arkephonic
@mems_1224 said:

@arkephonic said:

@mems_1224 said:

Oh yeah, all those Xbox One games, right? elohel...

Please, neither the Xbox One or PS4 have games. The only thing you can compare right now is hardware and the PS4 wins that fight easily.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mems_1224

@arkephonic said:
@mems_1224 said:

@arkephonic said:

@mems_1224 said:

Please, neither the Xbox One or PS4 have games. The only thing you can compare right now is hardware and the PS4 wins that fight easily.

Pretty sure Xbone has two solid games coming up. Not to mention the solid games already released. PS4 has......delayclub??? elohel indeed

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@Bigboi500 said:

PS 4 has over 100 games. When has a console had that many games in the first 10 months?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mems_1224

@Cranler said:

@Bigboi500 said:

PS 4 has over 100 games. When has a console had that many games in the first 10 months?

too bad they're all rehashes or small pc indie ports

edwardecl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By edwardecl
Member since 2005 • 2240 Posts

People buy the consoles so they can hook it up easily in their living rooms and it allows you to play new games, also there are a few exclusives that people like on each system.

Not really hard to understand. Yes you can go for PC, but the upgrade cycle is not for everyone. Unless you are building the computer yourself then you might as well stay away.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#21 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

PS4 and Xbox One aren't even close to low settings for PC. They're much higher than that tripe that was late last generation.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#22 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

So after reading this page, you made this thread to point out how you don't have anything you want to play.........life is horrible for you

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts
@arkephonic said:

@mems_1224 said:

This thread is a joke. Please stop making biased dumb thread. You have an opinion? Blog it. Both the PS4 and XB1 have games with a bunch more coming in the next two gives. So give it a rest. I'm sure no one cares what you think.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@Cranler said:

@Bigboi500 said:

I'm curious how many of those a full retail releases and how many are indie or downloadable games?

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 arkephonic
@cainetao11 said:

So after reading this page, you made this thread to point out how you don't have anything you want to play.........life is horrible for you

Currently playing: Battlefield 4, World of Warcraft, StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm , Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, DOTA 2, Counter Strike: GO, Mario Kart 8, soon to be Smash Bros...

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#26 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38034 Posts

@arkephonic said:
@cainetao11 said:

Currently playing: Battlefield 4, World of Warcraft, StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm , Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls, DOTA 2, Counter Strike: GO, Mario Kart 8, soon to be Smash Bros...

My bad...........nothing to play on your ps4. Still don't get why this was made into a thread.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 arkephonic
@blackace said:
@arkephonic said:

@mems_1224 said:

This thread is a joke. Please stop making biased dumb thread. You have an opinion? Blog it. Both the PS4 and XB1 have games with a bunch more coming in the next two gives. So give it a rest. I'm sure no one cares what you think.

It's painfully obvious that you're using one of these systems to compensate for your lack of a beastly gaming PC. My condolences, life must be rough for you.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

Holy shit has the stupid bar been raised.

Mr-Powers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#29 Mr-Powers
Member since 2013 • 508 Posts

@arkephonic said:

All the Xbox One and PS4 do is play PC games at low settings, period.

Shtty blog, blog is shtty. And, if you don't provide proof that "all these consoles do is play pc games at low settings, period", then that's some hard selfownage and poor trolling. You'd expect better from someone who's been on here for almost a decade.

They haven't even been out for a year yet, and you are acting like a child. You must not remember the first year of PS3, first year of PS2, you must not remember the first year of PS1, 360 didn't get the killer app until Gears 1 a year after release. All those systems ended up having amazing libraries. Nintendo often puts out a good game at launch, and then it dries up after that for about a year as well.

Stay waiting for GTA5 though.

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 arkephonic
@mr-powers said:

@arkephonic said:

Shtty blog, blog is shtty. And, if you don't provide proof that "all these consoles do is play pc games at low settings, period", then that's some hard selfownage and poor trolling. You'd expect better from someone who's been on here for almost a decade.

They haven't even been out for a year yet, and you are acting like a child. You must not remember the first year of PS3, first year of PS2, you must not remember the first year of PS1, 360 didn't get the killer app until Gears 1 a year after release. All those systems ended up having amazing libraries. Nintendo often puts out a good game at launch, and then it dries up after that for about a year as well.

Excuses, excuses. I'm not going to waste my time coming up with excuses for inanimate objects that are failing to deliver inexcusably.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

Yes, they're both terrible. Just take a selfie and call it a day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By deactivated-5f26ef21d6f71
Member since 2006 • 2521 Posts

@arkephonic said:
@mr-powers said:

@arkephonic said:

Excuses, excuses. I'm not going to waste my time coming up with excuses for inanimate objects that are failing to deliver inexcusably.

LOL, ArkeMORONIC troll.

Aren't u an adamant rabid Kaz Protein milkshake drinking Cowturd?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#33  Edited By AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@arkephonic said:

I was just making a thread comparing the top 5 exclusives between the PS4, Xbox One and Wii U, and I couldn't even find 5 exclusives for the PS4 and Xbox One. You literally have to scrape the very very bottom of the barrel. What is the point of these machines when the PC does everything they do but better?

There's only one reason and one reason only to own a PS4 or an Xbox One, and that would be if you simply could not afford a gaming PC. All the Xbox One and PS4 do is play PC games at low settings, period.

Wii U on the other hand, now that is a great little system. What an identity it has, it's such a great compliment to my PC. Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, Mario Kart 8 (so good), Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, New Super Luigi U, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, The Wonderful 101 and Nintendo Land. That's quite a lineup of games right there. The worst exclusives on the Wii U are better than the best exclusives on PS4 and Xbox One combined. It's seriously hilarious.

Obviously more games will come later, but I find it funny how worthless these 2 systems are right now. I haven't turned my PS4 on in months. Anyone who is playing anything on PS4 or Xbox One is just playing a game on low settings that they could be playing on high settings instead on a PC. What's even the point in investing in something for low settings?

Sheeps ... you never learn ... Just buy a Wii U , spend over 600$ for it with 4-5 games worth playing then in 2-3 years max from now ... another Dust collector next to infamous Wii which died out of nowhere where it let 100M owners with ...no games/support at all and pushed many to other platforms.

You never learn ... It will happen again , you all sheeps will end up on PS4/X1 or PC once again. You know you will. Little rats :)

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#34  Edited By GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

The waiting game is the best game.

In all seriousness though, I can see reasons of purchasing them if you plan to play multiplats on them. However, at the moment there really is no reason to even consider them if you already have a PC from last gen capable of playing multiplats. The console exclusives are simply too lackluster this year.

Bloodborne and Persona 5 are definitely system sellers in PS4's favour, and indeed it's a no brainer for me (when they come out, that is).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@AzatiS said:

@arkephonic said:

Sheeps ... you never learn ... Just buy a Wii U , spend over 600$ for it with 4-5 games worth playing then in 2-3 years max from now ... another Dust collector next to infamous Wii which died out of nowhere where it let 100M owners with ...no games/support at all and pushed many to other platforms.

You never learn ... It will happen again , you all sheeps will end up on PS4/X1 or PC once again. You know you will. Little rats :)

You just called arkephonic a 'sheep'

lol

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@arkephonic said:
@mems_1224 said:

@arkephonic said:

@mems_1224 said:

Pretty sure Xbone has two solid games coming up. Not to mention the solid games already released. PS4 has......delayclub??? elohel indeed

what solid games is that?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@AzatiS said:

@arkephonic said:

You just called arkephonic a 'sheep'

lol

Im talking in general most of the time ! But thnx for info ... and i thought the avatar was weird !! lol

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

TC is a pretty big joke

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 mems_1224

@lostrib said:

TC is a pretty big joke

lmfao never gets old. what a fucking tool.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@blamix99 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@arkephonic said:
@mems_1224 said:

@arkephonic said:

@mems_1224 said:

lems delusion 1 and 2 hd

arkephonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By arkephonic
@mr-powers said:

@arkephonic said:

@Krelian-co said:

@blamix99 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@arkephonic said:
@mems_1224 said:

@arkephonic said:

@mems_1224 said:

lems delusion 1 and 2 hd

In glorious 900p.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

The PS3 and 360 weren't worth picking up for at least a couple years after they released.

Have some patience I say.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

@arkephonic said:

@mems_1224 said:

Ok that's just stupid how can you justify that? Both have roughly the same amount of big budget exclusives, one is a tad more powerful while the other offers more features and a superior online network.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

But have you played Destiny, TC?

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

When you look at how weak sauce the PS3 was for the first couple of years, I'd say the PS4 isn't doing too bad.

Anyways, this is just how it is now. Games take longer to develop. The days of launching with a killer title and having a slew of 1st year gems are long gone and have been replaced with a slow transition phase.

This time next year I'm thinking all of us are going to be fearing for our wallets.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

Should rename this to First World Problems. I'm enjoying my PS4. It's had games I wanted to play and I enjoyed them. First World Problems.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

Yes, WiiU+PC is the way to go this gen.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I own two Wii Us, two 3DSs, a Vita, four gaming PCs, a PS4, an Xbone, multiple PS3s, multiple 360s, and two Wiis... and after many years of gaming I came to the realization earlier that:

This year in gaming has been a joke.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@dalger21 said:

Should rename this to Third World Problems. I'm enjoying my PS4. It's had games I wanted to play and I enjoyed them. Third World Problems.

I believe you meant to say something else bro.. unless you think this current console situation will cause things like a shortage of clean water, famine, disease, illiteracy, etc..